April 27, 2024, 04:22:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 753135 times)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: December 24, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »

Blessings to Morgan's family, friends, all who love and care about her.  May they have a special measure of peace during this holiday season.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: December 24, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »

Somebody was registered to each one of these Motel rooms..

Even if only half of these accounts are true.. Then there is a clear picture of a girl who was drugged and acting out of order.. She did seek the help of a male while under GHB, who kicked her away so she tried to kick him.... Then She was taken down the lane by the males who gave her the GHB..  Later after visiting a dorm without her consent, others take her to one motel and possible 2 motels for further interrogations.. possible by the visiting team players ?    She is seen at various points acting out of order and then seen the next day. It  is possible she was without memory of what exactly happened the night prior and was now under the control of one or more males when seen standing next to the garbage can..
She was alive at that moment..

Any or all of that could have and should have and probably has been proven True/False by records of who was in the motel rooms and associated surveillance cameras at the motels.. the convenience store had surveillance cameras too.

In other words LE already knows if any of that was true.. LE Shouldalready have live images of Morgan.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: December 25, 2009, 07:09:18 AM »

Prayers for Morgan and her family.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #943 on: December 25, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

Prayers for Morgan and her family.   an angelic monkey
Prayers that the family can try to get through this day and every day without their much loved daughter  an angelic monkey
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: December 27, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »

This case not being moved forward is absured. Not all witness acount of her can be wrong..

Who was in those Motel rooms ?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: December 28, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/80182792.html
Posted: 10:21 PM Dec 27, 2009
A New Year Approaches, Morgan Harrington Remains Missing
Morgan Harrington's parents recently spent another holiday without their daughter. Now, as family and friends get ready to ring in 2010, what is in store for Morgan and her family?
Reporter: Jessica Jaglois
Email Address: news@newsplex.com
Sunday December 27, 2009

It has been more than two months since Morgan Harrington was seen or heard from. The Harringtons recently spent yet another holiday with their daughter.

However, as more time passes, Morgan's presence may be dimming.

Morgan's makeshift memorial is in disarray after the recent influx of snow and rain. Many of the nick-knacks that have been placed on the Copeley Road Bridge are now covered in snow. The letters written by friends, family and supporters are wet and lay scattered.

As warmer temperatures melt the snow covering the memorial, the indications of a new year are imminent.

While the timing for Morgan grows more bleak, the family shows some signs of trying to move on. Gil Harrington's last blog entry on her daughter's disappearance is from nearly two weeks ago.

The State Police have yet to release any new leads.

If you have tip, call the tip hotline at (434) 352-3457.

We welcome your comments on this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: December 28, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »

Prayers for Morgan.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: December 30, 2009, 07:01:17 AM »

http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/news/opinion/op_ed/article/our_view_three_cases_all_unsolved_are_shrouded_in_mystery/49485/

OUR VIEW: Three cases, all unsolved, are shrouded in mystery
Star-Exponent staff editorial
Published: December 30, 2009
Updated: December 30, 2009
» Warner, Harrington and Abshire cases remain open; hopefully for the families affected, each will be solved soon.

The four-year anniversary of Sherri Warner’s death was Dec. 18.

It seems like only yesterday that Warner, 37, was found dead at her home along U.S. 29 in southern Culpeper County, a death that was ruled a homicide. Four years later, her death remains a mystery.

Recently, Sheriff James H. Branch Jr. put out a plea for help, penning a newspaper editorial saying how investigators are still working hard on the case. We hope someone out there knows something that can be of service to the law enforcement community.

Warner was a mother of three young children, and the senseless act left them without the most precious commodity in the world — a mother. Her puzzling death has gone unsolved long enough, and we hope that her killer or killers are brought to justice soon.

Culpeper County should not have to live in fear of blatant murderers living in our midst, and until there is closure in the Warner case, that fear still has a hold of the community.

Missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington was rumored to have been seen in Orange just hours after she disappeared Oct. 17 from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville. But like other leads, this one has come up short.

Harrington has not been seen since leaving friends in the parking lot of the John Paul Jones Arena, and both her parents and the band have offered money for information regarding her whereabouts.

We’re all holding out hope that she is somehow alive.

It has been three years since Emerald Hill Elementary School teacher Justine Abshire was found dead or dying on a dark country road in Barboursville.

No new evidence has been uncovered in the case; however, the Orange County prosecutor’s office recently empaneled a special grand jury, so maybe there is hope on the horizon. Even though it’s rare that such a thing happens, perhaps the jury will hear enough evidence to issue an indictment

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: December 30, 2009, 04:03:21 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/80358212.html

Posted: 3:08 PM Dec 30, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: Harrington Was Drinking
State Police Update Case

December 30, 2009

Virginia State Police say Morgan Harrington was drinking alcohol on the night she disappeared and was not acting normally.

The 20-year-old Virginia Tech student disappeared Oct. 17th while attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

VSP Lt. Joe Rader updated reporters on the case Wednesday afternoon.

Among the highlights of that briefing:

1) Harrington was drinking and "she wasn't acting rationally that night. Normally she would have acted differently."

2) Harrington may have been drugged or injured in a fall but she hadn't willingly consumed drugs.

3) Her friends were not involved in her disappearance.

4) Police have searched all along I-64 from Charlottesville to Augusta County as well as stretches toward Richmond. They've also searched parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway and conducted searches at other Metallica concerts.

5) Police are looking for a red digital camera Harrington had that night. It may have been a Kodak.

6) Harrington was either abducted or willingly got into a car on the Copeley Road bridge where she had been spotted hitchhiking.

7) Police say people should call if they see a "change in behavior" among anyone who attended the Oct. 17th Metallica concert.

"This is not a cold case," Rader said.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: December 30, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »

Gil Harrington's Heart Wrenching posts on Findmorgan.com: http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from December 20th.On December - 29 - 200910 COMMENTS

The snowfall is beautiful but still disturbing – melancholy.  Wonder if Morgan is cold – is snow falling on her face – or is her face covered by leaves in a shallow grave being hidden by the snow.  I glance out the window and see the crimson blaze of a cardinal at the bird feeder – my heart leaps for a second at the beauty – then I think its feathers look like blood in the snow.  Is that what Morgan’s blood looks like in the snow?  See how the pitfalls are everywhere – even at the bird feeder.

I try very hard to remain positive and hopeful to see Morgan coming home.  I envision our reunion – feel her body as I hug her tightly.  I imagine Dan’s delight as we put her in the car to bring her back home.  At times, I can see it so clearly it almost feels real.  Other times I consider that Morgan might be loaded on a gurney – not our car and brought back to Roanoke – not to our home but to the Medical Examiners Lab here.

I pray that is not the end to this crisis.  Morgan 2 4 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from December 21On December - 30 - 20092 COMMENTS

We traveled to Charlottesville to meet with the Virginia State Police. That was a bit tense – everyone involved just desperate for some break that will bring Morgan home. It is difficult for all of us to be forced to wait for some development. We want more active roles –after all, our quest is to FIND MORGAN not wait for Morgan, but it seems that just now, that is what we must do.

So much snow we weren’t even able to get out at the bridge. We stopped our car in the middle of the road and tossed a pine wreath up on the giant snow bank that covered the place on Copley Bridge where Morgan was last seen. Driving away it looked more a funeral than I anticipated.

The snow worries me. Is she cold? Is her abductor snowed out – or even worse is he snowed in with her? Cannot go there. I pray for strength to come to all of us. 2 4 1

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: December 30, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11748419

December 30, 2009
State police discuss ongoing investigation into Morgan Harrington's whereabouts
State police say Morgan Harrington's disappearance is not a cold case and that they have not reached a dead end.

Harrington disappeared from outside a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville on October 17th.

State police say, the more time passes, the harder it will be to find her alive.  Authorities believe that if Harrington is alive, that she is likely being held captive and not living freely.  Joe Rader, with state police, says Harrington was far too social to have left on her own and not contact anyone back home.

Rader says Harrington had been consuming alcohol the night she disappeared.   He still believes Harrington disappeared between 9:20 and 9:30 p.m. October 17th.  Rader says Harrington likely got into a car with someone, either on her own or against her will.

He says that leads are being followed up on every day, including theories that Harrington may have been thrown in a train boxcar under Charlottesville's Copeley Bridge.  Investigators have also spoken with psychics who have contacted them.  Ground searches have been done along Interstate 64, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and locations outside Virginia.  Sightings from Orange County, Virginia to the Middle East have been followed up on.  At this point, investigators do not have a suspect or any persons of interest related to Morgan's disappearance.

Rader says he believes the answers to what happened to Harrington lie in the Charlottesville area.  They encourage anyone who might have seen Harrington in Charlottesville to contact state police.  A red digital camera that was in Harrington's possession the night she went missing is something police would like to find.

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: December 30, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »

Thank you, Lovin

I hope something gives soon. 

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »

Question from the audience:

This has to do with photos of the concert.  I assume LE has powered up MH's phone, were there any cell phone pictures on the phone from that night before the battery was removed? I'm on the fence with the whole battery missing issue.  I've had an experience with my phone, when holding it in place with my shoulder and trying to do a million other things & it falls to the ground and the battery and backing come off.  Just scooped it up, thrown it in my purse, and thought to myself...I'll deal with that later.  Could it be that the battery fell out and MH didn't notice and just picked up the pieces and threw them into her purse?  If she was intoxicated she may have.  Or is it to make the phone untraceable?  And what kind of cell phone did MH have? 

Maybe Blink will swoop in and answer my question with a question to make me use my own gray matter.  Wink

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: December 30, 2009, 09:17:48 PM »

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1209/691614.html
New Details in Morgan Harrington Search
12/30/09 7:02 pm   |   reporter: Dhomonique Ricks   producer: Amy Foster
VIDEO | COMMENT | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | PRINT | EMAIL | RSS
search tags:   morgan harrington   •   miss   •   vt student
ABC 13 - New Details in Morgan Harrington Search
Stay on top of breaking news!
Your Email: 
Follow ABC 13 on Twitter
related stories:

* New Search for Morgan Harrington Conducted
    * Players Questioned in Harrington Case

State Police say the search for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington is still very active.

They held a briefing on the case Wednesday and say they believe the answer lies in the Charlottesville area. State Police tell us they have no suspects and no persons of interest.

They tell us it's very probable she was abducted. They are fairly confident Harrington got into a car between the Copeley Road Bridge and Ivy Road between 9:20 and 9:30 the night she went missing.
Talkback:
Click Here to Comment on this Story

It's possible she could have gotten into the car voluntarily. State Police also confirmed Harrington had consumed alcohol that night. It is unknown whether that played a role in her disappearance.

What they do know is that she was not acting like herself.

Lt. Joe Rader with Virginia State Police (web) said, "The Morgan Harrington that we have come to know from the investigation was not acting rationally that night. She wasn't making decisions that Morgan Harrington would normally make."

State Police tell us they're pursuing the case as if she is still alive.

They tell us, they believe she cannot come home and whatever has happened to her is in fact against her will.

We're told the search has spanned across much of Virginia, even into North Carolina and Maryland.

Police tell us they have found everything she had with her that night, except her red digital camera.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: December 30, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/231388
Police search for camera of missing VT student Morgan Harrington

By Jorge Valencia | The Roanoke Times
Virginia State Police disclosed this afternoon that Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington drank alcohol the night she disappeared during a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

The disclosure, which investigators say does not play a significant role in the search, illustrates what has been described as Harrington's uncharacteristic and irrational behavior the night of Oct. 17: A woman matching her description was seen dropping her purse more than once outside John Paul Jones Arena, and later sticking out a thumb to hitchhike on the nearby Copeley Road Bridge, police said.

“As far as it being a significant part of the case? No,” police spokeswoman Corinne Gellar said today. “We had numerous news media asking us about it as well as numerous rumors circulating in social networking sites. Today, we were in a position that we could confirm that.”

The department would not release details regarding the drinking, such as how much she may have consumed and when, or if the consumption may have impaired her judgment.

In a news conference this afternoon, Lt. Joe Rader told television reporters that investigators were seeking the public’s help on two new points:

* They’re looking for a red digital camera — a Kodak or Sony — that may have spilled from Harrington's purse outside the arena.
    * They’re asking people to call if they have noticed behavioral changes in anyone who attended the concert, or if they have noticed strange reactions from anyone when Harrington’s disappearance is discussed.

Harrington was expected at her parents’ house in Roanoke County after the concert, but vanished when she left her friends about 8:20 p.m. to go to the restroom and wound up outside the arena, police have said.

About 8:48 p.m. she told her friends over the phone she would find a way home or stay with friends in Charlottesville. Sometime between 9:20 and 9:30 p.m., she got into a vehicle on or near the Copeley Road Bridge, police said. 

Her purse and cellphone were found the next day near Lannigan Field track, not far from the bridge. The cellphone battery was gone.

Investigators have looked into, though not corroborated, tips that she has been seen in states from California to Maine. They have also looked into tips from psychics who have contacted them with information.

Investigators have received more than 600 tips, Gellar said. They continue to seek information that can answer where she went after 9:30 p.m.

“Our main focus is locating her and bringing it forward to her family. We do not want a person who could have information that could help us to be fearful in coming forward,” Gellar said.

Harrington was wearing a black T-shirt, black miniskirt, black boots and black tights, with a Swarovski crystal necklace made of large crystal chain links. Harrington has blue eyes and blond hair, is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call the state police tip line at (434) 352-3467.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: December 30, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/police-desperate-for-more-information-about-missing-metallica-fan_1127198
31 December 2009 01:36

Comment on this story
METALLICA - POLICE DESPERATE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MISSING METALLICA FAN
POLICE DESPERATE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MISSING METALLICA FAN

Virginia police officials have released new information about a METALLICA fan who went missing after the group's show in Charlottesville two months ago (Oct09) in the hope that the update will prompt new leads.
The group has appealed for help in finding Morgan Harrington and they've offered a reward for information that leads investigators to the missing 20 year old.
Bandmates Robert Trujillo and Kirk Hammett have spoken out about their concerns for the missing student and frontman James Hetfield has reportedly contacted her parents to offer his support and help.
The new information, released on Wednesday (30Dec09) by Virginia State Police investigators, suggests Harrington had been drinking alcohol before she disappeared.
Police have reissued a 'Missing' poster with blonde Harrington's information. The billboard states she was wearing a black Pantera T-shirt, black mini-skirt, black tights and black knee-length boots on the night she disappeared.
Metallica have offered up a $50,000 (£31,250) reward for information that leads to Harrington's whereabouts. The band's reward has been added to the Harrington family's $100,000 (£62,500) cash incentive for information.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: December 30, 2009, 09:35:15 PM »

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2009, 09:03:45 AM »

http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/news/state_regional/article/police_missing_virginia_tech_student_was_drinking_before_she_disappeared/22754/
Home > News> State Regional
Police: Missing Virginia Tech student was drinking, might have been drugged or injured
State police have released details about Morgan D. Harrington’s mental state the night she vanished for the first time since her Oct. 17 disappearance.

According to information released by the Virginia State Police on Wednesday, Harrington had been drinking and might have been drugged or suffered a head injury.

Officials aren’t sure if that would have happened before or after she left John Paul Jones Arena, where she was attending a Metallica concert that night.

Investigators still are working on the theory that Harrington was hitchhiking on the Copeley Road railroad bridge at about 9:30 p.m. and got into a car.

They’re also looking for Harrington’s digital camera, which still hasn’t been found. It’s red and either a Kodak or Sony model, police say.

Police also issued a plea to anyone who might know what happened to Morgan but might be holding back because of fear of prosecution.
Investigators are willing to work with you in order to locate Morgan and bring her home to her family,” a news release read.

Police also are asking people to report if they’ve noticed behavioral changes in anyone who attended the concert, or noticed anyone who shows abnormal interest in the Harrington case.

Police are asking anyone with information to contact Virginia State Police at 352-3467 or bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov . A reward of $150,000 is available for information leading to Harrington’s discovery.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »

Thanks Trimm. Why didn't the police come out sooner with some of this info? Red camera, and now she could have been drugged and head injury. I think many people thought that, drugs and head injury. Whether the drugs she took willingly or not willingly.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »

I think LE knows way more then what they are telling everyone..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.