March 19, 2024, 03:43:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748572 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »

Something that keeps popping out to me is that she had "tickets" for 6mo. not a"ticket"
could Morgan have gone out of the arena to give someone else a ticket she purchased for them,maybe someone her friends did not know about?
Could very well be, I also wonder if she left, had this planned out, left to start over with a new boyfriend that nobody knew about. Maybe she had problems, or couldn't live up to what her family expected of her, wanted a different life?
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

Something that keeps popping out to me is that she had "tickets" for 6mo. not a"ticket"
could Morgan have gone out of the arena to give someone else a ticket she purchased for them,maybe someone her friends did not know about?
Could very well be, I also wonder if she left, had this planned out, left to start over with a new boyfriend that nobody knew about. Maybe she had problems, or couldn't live up to what her family expected of her, wanted a different life?

That could very well be true also....she does seem to be the opposite of her parents...they appear to be older than the norm and very appropriate so I would think that their thinking is a little different than Morgan...does that make sense? I found it odd that the parents said she did not have a bf or it could be she did and they did not know like you said...I do feel like she is alive. I wonder how much cash she had available she could  be in another country by now, they need to check for her passport.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2009, 08:03:32 PM »

Nancy Grace is reporting on Morgan...Nancy needs to be more up to date.

linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2009, 02:56:43 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2009/10/30/family-continues-to-seek-clues/

Family continues to seek clues
October 30, 2009

Daniel and Gil Harrington, parents of Morgan Dana Harrington, released a statement yesterday thanking the Virginia State Police Department, the University Police Department, Metallica band members and other supporters for their efforts to help locate the couple’s missing daughter, who disappeared from a concert at John Paul Jones arena Oct. 17.

“We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to share any information you can with law enforcement so that we can find our daughter,” Mr. and Mrs. Harrington stated in the press release.

The Harrington family also stated that followers of the case should refer to a new Web site, www.FindMorgan.com, or the Virginia State Police Department’s Web site to access the most up-to-date information about the case. Two days ago, police authorities released a detailed timeline of events that officials believe outlines the moments leading up to Harrington’s disappearance.

Harrington is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt that read “Pantera” in tan letters, a black mini skirt, black tights and black knee-high boots. Anyone with any relevant information is asked to call the police’s tip line at (434) 352-3467.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/30/unexplained-injury-and-tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/
  Unexplained injury: Tips flood in, but still no Morgan
by Courteney Stuart
published 11:16am Friday Oct 30, 2009
Morgan Harrington, the young woman who disappeared during the October 17 Metallica concert, received a facial injury before she left the John Paul Jones Arena, according to multiple sources.

According to the sources, Harrington was seen inside and outside the Arena with blood on her chin prior to her disappearance, say witnesses who wish to remain anonymous. Thirteen days after her disappearance, a police spokesperson confirms the accounts but says investigators doubt the injury points to any altercation.

“It was a minor injury,” says Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller. She explains that police chose initially not to release the detail because the injury was “consistent with what someone would suffer from slipping and falling, not with any kind of assault.”

Contacted about the report of the chin injury Thursday, Harrington’s father, Dan Harrington said he had not been informed of it. That seems to confirm the notion that investigators hold information they’re not telling the family.

On Wednesday, October 28, police revealed that the last sighting of the 20-year-old Virginia Tech junior occurred between 9:20 and 9:30pm when she was walking on the Copeley Road bridge near Ivy Road. They say that the timeline of her movements outdoors helped generate “several new tips and leads.”

Harrington reportedly left her friends to find a bathroom, but between 8:20 and 8:30pm, she ended up outside, according to the timeline, where she was spotted in front and on the southern side facing U-Hall. Like most arenas, John Paul Jones policy prohibits re-entry, and police have confirmed that Harrington was turned away by security when attempting to get back inside.

Over the next 20 or so minutes, Harrington was seen at various locations outside the arena before a phone call with her friend, who suggested she try other entrances. Harrington reportedly assured her
friend she’d find a ride home from “friends around Charlottesville.”

According to the Weather Underground, the temperature in Charlottesville was just 42 degrees with six-mile-per-hour winds at the time Harrington was outside. Although no precipitation was recorded, event attendees and other Charlottesvillians recall a “misty” evening while Harrington was clad only in a t-shirt, mini-skirt, and tights.

Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

Whether such details matter remains to be seen, but the case has sparked an avalanche of national attention since Harrington’s parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, began appearing on televised news programs including Today, The Early Show and Nancy Grace.

A Facebook group has swelled to more than 21,000 members, as armchair sleuths from around the world, amid well wishes for a safe return, weigh in with myriad theories about what happened.

The two friends with whom Harrington attended the concert— her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead— have not responded to the Hook’s repeated requests for interviews. A male who rode to the concert with the female trio has not been publicly identified.

The reward for Harrington’s safe return has grown to $150,000, after Metallica frontman James Hetfield reportedly told Dr. Harrington the heavy metal band would add $50,000 to the fund.

The lead investigator, State Police Lt. Joe Rader, urges tipsters— who may remain anonymous— to call the tip line at 434-352-3467 or email information to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2009, 10:23:13 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/10/29/missing-morgan-and-then-she-was-gone-morgan-harrington-vanishes-from-metallica-concert/

MISSING MORGAN: ‘And Then She Was Gone’ Morgan Harrington Vanishes from Metallica Concert
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2009, 09:25:29 AM »

Thanks,Klaas.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/224544
Additional specifics on missing Virginia Tech student confirmed
State police said a scrape on Morgan Harrington's face was likely from a fall, not an assault.

By Rex Bowman
  777-3523

Saturday, October 31, 2009
Missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington sustained a facial injury before she vanished from an Oct. 17 concert in Charlottesville, Virginia State Police confirmed Friday.

State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said investigators didn't disclose the fact earlier because the injury was consistent with what a person would sustain after falling and doesn't appear to be related to her disappearance.

"Many of those we've spoken to during the course of this investigation recalled seeing a minor scrape or cut on the face of the young woman they saw fitting Miss Harrington's description," Geller said. "This injury would be consistent with a slip or fall. In no way would such a minor abrasion be associated with an assault."

Police decided to disclose the injury after reporters began inquiring about it.

Harrington, 20, vanished Oct. 17 while attending a Metallica concert with friends at the John Paul Jones Arena. Her friends told investigators she left them sometime that night to go to a restroom and wound up outside the arena -- after 8:20 p.m. -- where she was barred from re-entering. Harrington called her friends to say she would try to find another way home, according to authorities.
At a Wednesday news conference in Charlottesville, state police lead investigator Lt. Joe Rader said Harrington was last seen between 9:20 and 9:30 p.m. south of the arena, walking on the Copeley Road bridge, which stretches over railroad tracks just north of the well-traveled Ivy Road.

Harrington's purse and cellphone were found the next day between the arena and the Lannigan Field track. Harrington, who has blue eyes and blond hair, stands 5-foot-6 and weighs 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black miniskirt, a black T-shirt with the name of metal band Pantera across the front, black tights and black knee-high boots.

State police have set up a tip line at (434) 352-3467, and a $100,000 reward has been established for information leading to Harrington's return or the conviction of those responsible for her disappearance.

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2009, 11:17:56 AM »

This case does not look good, but until she's found, I pray that she will be found alive. I can't help it, I'm angry that she could not go back inside the arena. There are good reasons for the policy, but I keep thinking that Morgan would be safe right now had they just let her back in. I'm sure that must be haunting her parents.

Dear Lord, please let this case be different. Please keep Morgan safe and please guide someone to help her. Amen.

CBB, I agree, and I think the person that took her counted on strict enforcement of that policy, sadly. There's no way anyone will convince me she was not lured out of that venue.

Edward, as I was researching the case the last few days, I think your immediate instincts were dead on.

I want to know if Morgan has an EX- Boyfriend, and if he is VT security, or VT cop.  This is too meticulous for my comfort.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

Blink what do you think of Morgan's friends? They don't seem to be very forthcoming, though I have no idea what they all told LE. If Morgan had a boyfriend, do you think they know and are afraid to tell, for whatever reason?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »

I think LE has failed here because they should have gone to security people and their friends first thing..

Time is the enemy.. Answers Needed in hours not weeks.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »

Blink what do you think of Morgan's friends? They don't seem to be very forthcoming, though I have no idea what they all told LE. If Morgan had a boyfriend, do you think they know and are afraid to tell, for whatever reason?

Honestly, I think her friends know, or know "OF" this perp. I think they have been advised NOT to speak to the press, and I would advise the same.

If my bff went missing under these circumstances, and I spoke to detectives with what "I knew", I am positive they would tell them not to speak for their own safety, and for the integrity of the investigation.

If this were a stranger or random abduction, the tactics of LE would be very different, imo. They are not even taking questions at the minimal amount of press conferences they have had.

I am not faulting them for that, if they have a POI, that is the right tact.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »

Fasten your seat belts - we're getting ready to move up to the MP high profile area just below Elizabeth Olten
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2009, 02:02:42 PM »

Guys who work for these concerts or the promoter are given passes. Sometimes backstage passes. These passes are used as date bait.
A girl who had tix for six months did not leave the can and go outside on a whim. She might have run into someone she knew or hardly knew who said they could get her back in backstage. I agree with Blink, she was lured out.
I think by someone who worked for the show. Someone local who was hired by the arena company or the band. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »

Thanks Blink, and I agree Kat, if you are so excited about a concert like she was, you wouldn't miss it. All so very confusing. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20316793,00.html
Metallica Still Has Hope for Missing Fan

By Paul Chi

Originally posted Saturday October 31, 2009 01:50 PM EDT
Two weeks after the mysterious disappearance of Virginia Tech University student Morgan Harrington, no clues or leads as to her whereabouts are known to exist – but members of Metallica remain optimistic about the safe return of the young woman last seen at the band's Oct. 17 concert.

"We are staying positive that she will be found soon," Metallica lead guitarist Kirk Hammett told PEOPLE at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert in New York City Friday. "We are all hoping for the best and praying for her and her family."

Hammett and his heavy metal bandmates have been in contact with Harrington's family, whom the musician described as "holding up as well as they possible can."

To help speed the search for the 5'6", 120-lb., blue-eyed, blonde 20-year-old, the rockers have contributed $50,000 toward a $100,000 reward. "It's the least we can do. We want to help as much as we can to bring her back home."
Morgan Harrington was last seen outside the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Va., on Oct 17. There is a Help Find Morgan Web Site, as well as a telephone tip line, (434) 352-3467. In addition, Virginia State Police e-mail is bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov – while other tips may be sent to: info@findmorgan.com

"We all have children and as parents ourselves, it's our worst nightmare for a child to go out and not come back home," said Hammett, 46. "We empathize with that greatly, so we are doing what we can to help find her. We are staying positive."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2009, 02:40:27 PM »

Thanks Blink, and I agree Kat, if you are so excited about a concert like she was, you wouldn't miss it. All so very confusing. 

I too think she was lured out.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/67766332.html
Updated: 8:22 AM Oct 31, 2009
Search for Morgan Harrington Continues in Charlottesville
Charlottesville, Va.
There are several new developments in the case of the missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student.
Posted: 6:05 PM Oct 30, 2009
Reporter: Jessica Jaglois

There are several new developments in the case of the missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student.

State police say Morgan Harrington may have a scratch on her face. However the mark is not from an assault but from an accident.

Her family and friends are making sure she's remembered in Charlottesville where she disappeared almost two weeks ago.

Flowers, poems and other mementos are being left at the Copeley Street Bridge. That bridge has special significance in this case because police say it is the last place Morgan was seen before she disappeared.

The makeshift memorial is near Lannigan Field, where Morgan's purse was found by a passerby the day after a Metallica concert Morgan tried to attend.

Morgan's parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, were in town Friday in an effort to continuously bring attention to their daughter's disappearance.

They hung missing person signs and placed flowers to remind people they are still looking for Morgan, and they won't stop searching.

Dan says, "Friends and family have been bringing us flowers and we thought they'd be better noted here at the bridge."

The Harringtons also put flowers in front of the police station. They are thankful to the efforts of the police and the people who have been calling in tips.

Still, while they remain hopeful, they had a message for their daughter.

"I love you Morgan. We're trying to get to you," says Gil. "Stay strong!"

However, they also had a message for the person responsible for Morgan's disappearance.

"Whoever has taken Morgan, I am relentless," says Gil. "I will turn this world apart to find you."

The Harringtons say they're up and down, every minute, every hour of every day, but their one hope lies in that one special tip that could lead them to their daughter.

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »

thanks for putting this in the high profile section.  As much as I can't stand JVM, I feel that there is a war on women AND children.  We have more cases every week it seems.   

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2009, 04:41:43 PM »

I would like to throw this out for consumption, it is a post from our discussion on Morgan's facebook.

Main Page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575&ref=ts

Discussion Topics:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575&ref=ts#/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10510&post=41125#post41125

I was asked if I had anyone in mind as to a suspect:

Yes, or rather a profile which will not be popular.

This offender screams LE or faction thereof: Ie: former LE, trained in LE but for whatever reason may also work security.

You have a massive campus and Morgan goes missing at the one place there are no cameras. The CCTV or digital infareds (if they have them) must be approved by zoing or the school board prior to installation. The monitoring contracts must be awarded pubicly, even if the specifics are sealed.

Her Father was on staff at this school for many years, her brother an alumni. I dont believe that Morgan did not know she could not get back in, I think whatever lured her outside was the promise to both get her back in, and something worth her while to take the risk- maybe backstage passes or VIP seating?

Who would you believe had access to that?

If one researches and is able to find all that information, you must consider if there are cameras on campus that may have come from Homeland Security Grants, which ARE NOT subject to public disclosure; but accessible as to their whereabouts, by LE or campus security (via clearance).

You have a cell and purse discarded with the battery removed. I have not had an opportunity to study the ping differentials of this area, but based on how rural it is, let's say it has a +/- of 5 miles at a minimum. If you really want to throw LE off, why not throw it out the window in 3 miles going the wrong way? Throw it in a creek and short it? He is aware of the technology that would ensue, and help to establish their destination. I am going to make a leap and say that the phone also was missing the SIM card if it takes one and if not, was "reset" before the battery was removed.

In an instance where they cannot establish foul play, if the phone was in her name, you could be looking at 30 days at a minimum to get a warrant.

That said, if they have evidence we are not aware ,or a POI, that would be moot inasmuch as they would already have access to data up until the power is removed from the phone. If they have access, I believe they will have either texts or calls from a prepaid or bat phone, or some other call scrambling mechanism.

Again, leads me to someone with investigative knowledge.

I say this with utmost respect for LE. I also say that having worked with them, that good investigators and officers don't mind looking in their own backyard because they dont have anything to hide.

Lastly, you have to consider the possibility of the connection of the Metzler and Childs murders in Caldwell Field. Childs Father is VA State Trooper. I can state as a fact that the possibility of someone posing as LE or security is in the top 3 of their offender profile for these murders.

Anyone reading here know if Morgan had a former BF that is VT deputy or security?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.