March 18, 2024, 07:37:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 748475 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »

Direct link to the Dana Pretzer show:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2009, 11:18:23 PM »

I am so worried for this young girl, but I am really confused about so many things.  I have wondered if the injury to her face may have resulted from a fall, in which she may have hit her head.  I have known of quite a few instances where an injury to the head that seemed minor, resulted in a death(Liam Neesan's wife for one).  I also have trouble with a girl that is out on her own in her own apartment and her parents know her computer password????  Not that this means anything in particular, but I just find it really odd.  I have kids of all ages and I do not have the passwords of my 20 somethings. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2009, 03:03:10 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/opinion/columnists_bryan_mckenzie/article/some_thoughts_on_the_missing_from_the_psychic_realm/48351/

Some thoughts on the missing from the psychic realm
By Bryan McKenzie
Published: November 2, 2009

On television, the cops are good looking and the psychics are not only believed but their opinions actively sought.

Morgan Dana Harrington disappeared in real life, however, where the cops don’t moonlight as models and the psychics can leave their tips on a telephone answering machine with the rest of us.

Ms. Harrington is the Virginia Tech student whose purse and battery-less cell phone were found in a parking lot near the John Paul Jones Arena after an Oct. 17 Metallica concert. She remains missing.

“During the course of the investigation we have been contacted by individuals claiming to have psychic abilities,” said Corinne Geller, Virginia State Police spokeswoman. “Their information is accepted and recorded like any other tip we receive, but unfortunately has not provided any significant leads at this time.”

Ms. Geller has talked to some of them herself.

“I know of at least four that have contacted me so far,” she said. “I don’t know how many others have called in the VSP Tip Line or sent in e-mails.”

If it were only so easy

Television cops can easily solve crimes in an hour — minus commercials. While it can take real-world cops days, weeks or months to solve a crime, television psychics can solve crimes in an amazingly short time with clear and concise clues.

Clues for most real-world psychics, however, are often sparse and enigmatic.

Helen Legotti, of Queens, N.Y., is a psychic who specializes in helping to locate missing people. As often happens in psychic investigation, she has clues but isn’t sure what they mean.

“Many of my clues come in letters and shapes and dates,” she said from her home. “I keep getting a ‘B,’ very strongly, and I believe [Ms. Harrington’s] location begins with a G.”

Ms. Legotti knows little about the case, other than what she read in a news clipping providing by a secretary. That’s OK, because she is credited with leading searchers to a Maine fisherman’s body in 2008 while sitting at home, using the clues ‘R’ and a diamond.

“They used a map that I didn’t have and were able to locate a buoy that had a diamond on it and a location that began with an ‘R.’ I get the images and the clues, but I’m far away and don’t know how to interpret them,” she said.

Now for the specifics

Ms. Legotti also sees two men involved in Ms. Harrington’s disappearance.

“One of them has the initials A. and P. and, if I’m right, he’s in his late 20s,” she said. “There’s another gentleman who looks like he’s in his middle 30s. I think the man with the initials A.P. is a landscaper because I see flowers with him. There may be a gas station attendant involved. I think it’ll [be solved] between Nov. 2 and Nov. 5.”

Exactly what any of that means, Ms. Legotti isn’t sure. She just wants to put the information out there in case it gives someone else a clue.

“I hope it jogs someone’s memory. I just want to help in any way I can,” she said. “It’s what I do.”

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2009, 05:51:34 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2009/11/02/harrington-sustained-face-injury/
Harrington sustained face injury
November 2,2009
In a statement released Friday, Virginia State Police reported that Morgan Dana Harrington, who disappeared from a Metallica concert Oct. 17, may have sustained a scratch or scrape on her face the night she disappeared, but that the scratch is a result of an accident and not an assault.

The update came as a result of several tips received by law enforcement officials. Anyone with additional information about Harrington’s disappearance is encouraged to contact Virginia State Police at (434) 352-3467. Tips can also be e-mailed to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2009/11/02/harrington-sustained-face-injury/
Harrington sustained face injury
November 2,2009
In a statement released Friday, Virginia State Police reported that Morgan Dana Harrington, who disappeared from a Metallica concert Oct. 17, may have sustained a scratch or scrape on her face the night she disappeared, but that the scratch is a result of an accident and not an assault.

The update came as a result of several tips received by law enforcement officials. Anyone with additional information about Harrington’s disappearance is encouraged to contact Virginia State Police at (434) 352-3467. Tips can also be e-mailed to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

a scratch or scrape on her face? wonder who would have really known that except for close friends? would they have supplied the tip? this case is very puzzling to me....

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS138251+02-Nov-2009+PRN20091102
Statement by Dan and Gil Harrington
Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:50am EST
ROANOKE, Va., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a statement from Daniel
and Gil Harrington:

We are deeply moved by the outpouring of support we've received since our
daughter disappeared 16 days ago on October 17 from a concert in
Charlottesville, VA.

At the request of friends and supporters, the Harrington family has
established the Find Morgan Fund to help in the search for our daughter. The
Harrington family will donate any unused funds to charities that assist
families of missing persons and causes with which Morgan has been directly
involved, including Mental Heath America of Roanoke Valley and OMNI Orphan
Medical Network International.

Contributions may be sent by mail to the following address:

Find Morgan Fund
P.O. Box 7588
Roanoke, VA 24019

Contributions may also be sent via PayPal through www.FindMorgan.com.

We are truly grateful for your kindness and we thank you again for all your
thoughts and prayers.

SOURCE  Daniel and Gil Harrington

Leslie Valenza for Daniel and Gil Harrington, +1-202-973-1330,
lvalenza@levick.com

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/02/metallica-still-morgan-harrington-hope/
Metallica Still Clinging to Hope in Morgan Harrington Case
Posted 42 minutes ago by Chris Harris
It's been two weeks since the baffling disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, who vanished from Metallica's Oct. 17 concert. But the fact that investigators have no clues or leads regarding Harrington's whereabouts isn't chipping away at Metallica's optimism. They're still holding out hope that the 20-year-old will turn up safe.

"We are staying positive that she will be found soon," Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett said over the weekend. "We are all hoping for the best and praying for her and her family. We all have children and as parents ourselves, it's our worst nightmare for a child to go out and not come back home. We empathize with that greatly, so we are doing what we can to help find her. We are staying positive."

Harrington, who was last seen wearing a Pantera shirt and a black mini-skirt, attended the Oct. 17 concert with friends but got separated from them when, after using the bathroom, the blue-eyed blond wound up outside the venue, which has a no re-entry policy. Her case has attracted national media attention, and a reward of $150,000 is being offered for information leading to the safe return or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Harrington's disappearance.

Meanwhile, police have revealed that Harrington sustained a facial injury before she vanished from the concert two weeks ago. According to state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller, detectives chose not to disclose the fact earlier, because the injury was consistent with what a person would sustain after falling and doesn't appear to be related to her disappearance.
"Many of those we've spoken to during the course of this investigation recalled seeing a minor scrape or cut on the face of the young woman they saw fitting Miss Harrington's description," Geller said. "This injury would be consistent with a slip or fall. In no way would such a minor abrasion be associated with an assault."

Harrington's parents, Dan and Gil, released a statement last week, thanking police and supporters for their help in the search for their daughter. "We are doing everything in our power to bring Morgan home," the statement said. "We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to share any information you can with law enforcement so that we can find our daughter."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2009, 10:48:54 AM »

Cookie,it looks like several people must have noticed that scrape on her face.
This case is puzzling.Maybe we'll get a post from Blink again soon. 

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »

thanks  trimmy!  yes, I hope that Blink will have some info for us soon...

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

Your mention of psychics reminded me that we have a famous one here in VA.
In fact I think she has given lectures at UVA.

http://www.noreenrenier.com/

Contact info
EMAIL: noreen04@embarqmail.com
PHONE: (434) 973-1515
MAIL: PO Box 316, Free Union, Va 22940

2 4 1
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

Trim-

we are working on some new information, in fact checking stages... I am going to say though, I have seen nothing to move me from my originals profile in this case. I am praying for a quick end and arrest here.

On the psychic issue, it makes me very nervous because so many are charlatans. In fact, most are.

That said, I am familiar with Noreen R, work, and I agree with Suzi Q, she is solid.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2009, 03:19:10 PM »

Trim-

we are working on some new information, in fact checking stages... I am going to say though, I have seen nothing to move me from my originals profile in this case. I am praying for a quick end and arrest here.

On the psychic issue, it makes me very nervous because so many are charlatans. In fact, most are.

That said, I am familiar with Noreen R, work, and I agree with Suzi Q, she is solid.

Thanks,Blink.I agree with your initial thoughts.I am also praying for the same.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11426127
Find Morgan Fund Started
Posted: Nov 02, 2009 10:07 AM CST Updated: Nov 02, 2009 1:02 PM CST

The parents of Morgan Harrington are pulling together a fund to help find their missing daughter.

Monday Gil and Dan Harrington announced the creation of the "Find Morgan Fund." Money collected will go toward search efforts.

Morgan disappeared on October 17th during a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena.

Contributions can be mailed or done online. See below for addresses.

Unused funds will go to charities that assist families of missing persons.

Reported by Henry Graff

STATEMENT BY DAN AND GIL HARRINGTON

We are deeply moved by the outpouring of support we've received since our daughter disappeared 16 days ago on October 17 from a concert in Charlottesville, VA.

At the request of friends and supporters, the Harrington family has established the Find Morgan Fund to help in the search for our daughter. The Harrington family will donate any unused funds to charities that assist families of missing persons and causes with which Morgan has been directly involved, including Mental Heath America of Roanoke Valley and OMNI Orphan Medical Network International.

Contributions may be sent by mail to the following address:

Find Morgan Fund
                    P.O. Box 7588
                    Roanoke, VA 24019

Contributions may also be sent via PayPal through www.FindMorgan.com.

We are truly grateful for your kindness and we thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-SF-True-Crime-History-Examiner~y2009m11d2-How-you-can-help-find-Morgan-Harrington
How you can help find Morgan Harrington
November 2, 2:59 PMSF True Crime History ExaminerJason Taylor
I have been contacted by a spokeswoman from the Harrington family to share some information with you, the readers, on how you can help in the search for Morgan Harrington.

The statement below was issued today by the Harrington family regarding a fund that has been established to aid in their daughter’s recovery. The statement provides information on where donations can be sent, and how the fund will be used.

Additionally readers can help raise awareness of the search for Morgan by following the family on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/find_morgan, and by joining the “Help find Morgan Harrington” Facebook group at: http://bit.ly/1K8B8

Thanks for taking the time to read this important information, let's do what we can get Morgan back to her parent's as soon as possible.

~ Peter Frampton
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »

Red dot indicates cell phone location

Morgan pictured with her father and brother

Morgan's 20th Bday pic

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx

'Off the face of the earth': the hunt for Morgan Harrington
By HAWES SPENCER & COURTENEY STUART
Published October 29, 2009 in issue 0843 of the Hook

It's the kind of national attention no town wants. A beautiful college student goes to a rock concert, somehow becomes separated from her friends, and ends up outside, alone. Unable to reenter UVA's John Paul Jones Arena because policy prohibits it, she calls her friends and tells them not to worry-- that she'll somehow find her way back to Harrisonburg, an hour away, on her own and without a vehicle or friends to accompany her.

And then she vanishes.

Her terrified parents desperately want the answer to a question no parent should ever have to ask: where is my child? For State Police investigating her disappearance, the clues, though sparse, paint a grim picture.

First clue

On Sunday morning, October 18, a passerby discovers a purse and cellphone in a small parking area near the Arena. Campus Police may not have initially suspected anything sinister in the discovery. After all, the previous night, thousands of concertgoers had converged on the area around the Arena for a show by Metallica, the world's top heavy metal band. Among post-event detritus, forgotten personal effects are common.

But two hours south in Roanoke County, Dan and Gil Harrington are noticing something suspicious that Sunday. Their 20-year-old daughter, a junior majoring in education at Virginia Tech, hasn't arrived for a scheduled noon meeting with her father, at which he'd planned to help her balance her checkbook and study for a math exam.

Concerned by the absence and an uncharacteristic failure to call, the Harringtons contact her friends with whom they know she'd been the night before.

To their horror, they learn that her friends know nothing of her whereabouts. Morgan Dana Harrington, her friends reveal, had become separated from the group during the concert and had told them during an 8:48pm phone call that, although shut out of the
(snipped)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2009, 07:47:52 AM »

Hey KCJackie.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=11431961
New Fund Created For Missing VT Student
ROANOKE, Va. (AP) - The parents of a Virginia Tech student missing for more than two weeks have set up a fund for contributions to help in their search for her.

A spokeswoman said Monday that Dan and Gil (jill) Harrington are using the donations to print and distribute fliers and other material with a photo and description of 20-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington.

The Harringtons distributed 50,000 fliers at Virginia Tech's  home football game last week.

Morgan Harrington has been missing since Oct. 17 when she became separated from her friends at a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said Monday that police are still getting leads in the case, but they have slowed down.

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »

KC-

Thanks for posting that pic of the RV area, I just wanted to point out to everyone that there is a gate in the foreground. It closes after the events, so it is unlikely anyone could have come back later to dump her purse/wallet/phone to be found in the am.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »

KC-

Thanks for posting that pic of the RV area, I just wanted to point out to everyone that there is a gate in the foreground. It closes after the events, so it is unlikely anyone could have come back later to dump her purse/wallet/phone to be found in the am.
Thanks KC and Blink. Things are just not adding up to me. The injury to Morgan's face, did she fall, get pushed? Was the arena that night for the show, sold out?
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »

KC-

Thanks KC and Blink. Things are just not adding up to me. The injury to Morgan's face, did she fall, get pushed? Was the arena that night for the show, sold out?

witnesses saw her trip up or down a step. The ticket office was OPEN and not sold out.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:52 PM »

KC-

witnesses saw her trip up or down a step. The ticket office was OPEN and not sold out.
Thank-you, I was reading something about the woman who was sitting in the ticket booth, that she did not see Morgan, and I believe she said she left to go home at 9:30, again, don't know if that is true or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.