March 28, 2024, 08:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749092 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »

There's a search occurring in woods near Rivanna River

from FB page    Anyone hear this?

yes, there has been a LE deployment this afternoon

Is there live coverage or anything...

no, this was not announced
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »

State Police searching near construction site in missing VT student case
 By Lindsey Henley | WSLS10 Reporter
Published: November 4, 2009
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
vote
nowBuzz up!4:29 p.m.

From Lindsey Henley, in the field
WSLS Reporter
lhenley@wsls.com

State Police are searching the Pantop Mountain area in Albermarle County, after receiving a tip in the Morgan Harrington case.

The search area is concentrated near a construction site at Martha Jefferson Hospital
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11444517

Police Searching Pantops, Following Morgan Lead
Posted: Nov 04, 2009 1:24 PM PST Updated: Nov 04, 2009 2:01 PM PST

Search crews are combing an area on Pantops Mountain Wednesday evening, following a tip they received in the Morgan Harrington case. This comes on the heels of Morgan's parents coming to Charlottesville today to announce new search efforts to find their daughter.

Authorities have confirmed that search crews are combing an area on Pantops Mountain. The search started with the construction site around Martha Jefferson Hospital.  Police were seen going through storage units on the site.  After searching the hospital site, they moved to the area around State Farm.

It has been reported that numerous police vehicles are in the vicinity, including Virginia State Police, Albemarle County Sheriff's, and University of Virginia Police.  There is also a police search dog on the scene.

We have a reporter on the scene, count on NBC29 and NBC29.com to bring you more details as they become available.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2009, 05:17:41 PM »

From earlier today:

http://www.wina.com/Local-News/3077192?contentId=4992601

Volunteers Needed For Community Search For Morgan

The parents of Morgan Harrington are asking for volunteers to conduct a community search this coming weekend. Dan and Gil Harrington held a news conference Wednesday afternoon to announce details of the search. Also joining the Harringtons was Ed Smart, the father of Elizabeth Smart. She was taken from her bedroom in Utah in 2002 and found alive nine months later. The search will be conducted in coordination with law enforcement authorities. Volunteers should come to a community meeting that's scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday at the Cavalier Inn at the intersection of Emmet Street and Ivy Road. The search will be conducted Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During the news conference, Gil Harrington said she wanted to address her daughter and said "We are trying to find you. Be strong." Gil Harrington then addressed any potential abductor. "Just let her go. Please let her come back to her family. We need her." As far as the investigation, State Police say there's nothing new to report at this time. They say investigators have continued their efforts to follow up on leads that are still coming in to the tip lines. They're also working to extend the timeline of Morgan's movements beyond the last sightings at 9:30 p.m. on the night of October 17th.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »

MAP OF CURRENT SEARCH AREA BY KLAASEND

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »

Thanks for the updates. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2009, 05:34:24 PM »

MAP OF CURRENT SEARCH AREA BY KLAASEND

Thank Blink and Klaas! how big of an area is that they are searching, they started at the hospital and are at state farm as i believe i read...how far apart are those, i am horrible at distance on maps!

And also how far are these from the concert site?

Thanks  an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »

I believe it's only about 1/2 mile from the new construction area to the State Farm area but without specifics it's hard to tell.  Also, the google/bing maps are old and don't show the actual building construction but it is in this area.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2009, 05:49:15 PM »

I believe it's only about 1/2 mile from the new construction area to the State Farm area but without specifics it's hard to tell.  Also, the google/bing maps are old and don't show the actual building construction but it is in this area.

Thanks Klaas
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2009, 05:57:06 PM »

From looking at the local maps, it looks like the search area is on the other side of town from the University. Am I correct?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/state_police_searching_near_construction_site_in_missing_vt_student_case/59927/
State Police search near construction site finds nothing missing VT student case
5:50 p.m.

Our NBC affiliate WVIR 29 reports the search is over, and police did not find anything connected with the Harrington case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/state_police_searching_near_construction_site_in_missing_vt_student_case/59927/
State Police search near construction site finds nothing missing VT student case

Our NBC affiliate WVIR 29 reports the search is over, and police did not find anything connected with the Harrington case.

This case gets stranger and stranger every day. anyone know why the reverend lives with them
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »

This case gets stranger and stranger every day. anyone know why the reverend lives with them
WELCOME    I would love to know that also.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »

I could be totally wrong, but I do not think Morgan is in Charlottesville, and I know they say they confirmed the bridge sighting, but I just do not buy it. I have 2 nieces,  Morgan look-alikes skinny, tall, blonde and spindly, from a distance or in a flash they all look the same.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

I could be totally wrong, but I do not think Morgan is in Charlottesville, and I know they say they confirmed the bridge sighting, but I just do not buy it. I have 2 nieces,  Morgan look-alikes skinny, tall, blonde and spindly, from a distance or in a flash they all look the same.

The bridge thing doesn't sound right to me.Actually a lot of this doesn't sound right.
Blink,I don't think this is gonna end well,is it?   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2009, 07:03:52 PM »

I don't understand these friends, what kind of friend would let their friend be outside with no way to get back in? One of them could have had the decency to go and be with her, unless the friend or friends that Morgan was maybe going to meet up with, the friends knew because they are all friends. Friends that none of the parents of these girls knew about. This just doesn't make any sense to me otherwise. Maybe Morgan had plans to spend the night with some guy, and the friends knew about it? Just throwing things out there. Somebody that she knew but something went terribly wrong?
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »

I don't understand these friends, what kind of friend would let their friend be outside with no way to get back in? One of them could have had the decency to go and be with her, unless the friend or friends that Morgan was maybe going to meet up with, the friends knew because they are all friends. Friends that none of the parents of these girls knew about. This just doesn't make any sense to me otherwise. Maybe Morgan had plans to spend the night with some guy, and the friends knew about it? Just throwing things out there. Somebody that she knew but something went terribly wrong?

I think you're right.
Maybe she went out to get some weed or drugs, the friends knew but don't want to tell.
Maybe she went out with somebody she met while going to the bathroom, they said they knew how she could get back in and then she couldn't get back in.
None of the friends even walked at least to the doors to see her, she was able to get a hold of them on the phone, if my friend was in that spot, I would've at least walked down to the exit and help plead with the gate/ticket person to let her back in.
Just the small fact that she did have her car there when she had told the parents that she wasn't going to, does confirm that like all kids that age, the parents don't always get the whole story 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2009, 08:39:27 PM »

I think you're right.
Maybe she went out to get some weed or drugs, the friends knew but don't want to tell.
Maybe she went out with somebody she met while going to the bathroom, they said they knew how she could get back in and then she couldn't get back in.
None of the friends even walked at least to the doors to see her, she was able to get a hold of them on the phone, if my friend was in that spot, I would've at least walked down to the exit and help plead with the gate/ticket person to let her back in.
Just the small fact that she did have her car there when she had told the parents that she wasn't going to, does confirm that like all kids that age, the parents don't always get the whole story 
And imo these parents did not get the whole story.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »

I think you're right.
And imo these parents did not get the whole story.
  Also wanted to agree with a post you made earlier, that comment from her brother was unbelievably weird
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »

Yes the statement from her brother is strange, and I have seen a website and pic of him with comments that he made before his sister disappeared, and he certainly is a free spirit. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to link it, so that is why I didn't.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.