March 28, 2024, 06:18:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749066 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2009, 11:40:28 PM »

I bounced back an email to their admin over there with my idea of what I would like to see on the Have You Seen her poster. So the message was sent.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2009, 06:59:59 AM »

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/natInt/story.aspx?storyid=94186&catid=288
Search For Missing VA Tech Student Ends
 Lindsey Clark     8 hrs ago
A three-day search for a missing Virginia Tech student is over. Volunteers, combing thousands of acres, turned up no trace of 21-year-old Morgan Harrington.
Advertisement

The largest search and rescue Charlottesville has ever seen ended. Twenty year old Morgan Harrington has not been seen or heard from in three weeks. And there was not a trace of her that volunteers could find this weekend.

The site where hundreds of people showed up to help search for Morgan over the course of the weekend is now quiet. Many volunteers are now asking what happens next?

With three days and 1,600 volunteers searching, nothing has found yet that puts Morgan anywhere after 9:30pm on Oct. 17. Where she was last seen walking on the Copley Street Bridge. It's there that the case goes cold.

"It's like she was plucked up off the face of the earth," says Jessica Jaglois, a volunteer.

Not a sign, not a trace. The number one goal this weekend for search crews was to find Morgan. No one did. But volunteers aren't disappointed.

Bob Smithers with the Laura Recovery Center says, "I am overwhelmed with relief that we didn't find a body."

"We still want to find Morgan, alive and healthy and return her whole. So, in that respect, it's hopeful," says Joan Fenton, a volunteer.

But others are skeptical as to what the future brings for Morgan Harrington. The Laura Recovery Center has seen child after child go missing; first from their homes, then from the headlines.

Volunteer Lela Marshall says, "After the first three or four weeks, if nothing is found it can drop off. And the news media goes on to something else."
A group of around forty volunteers are meeting this week to form a coalition to ensure that Morgan's name stays out there. And that the right person sees her, hears her name and calls.

A group of about 40 volunteers are planning to meet this week to continue the search.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: November 10, 2009, 09:26:25 AM »

Kat gram and everyone on here supporting the efforts to locate Morgan-

I agree it is imperative we get a VERIFIED description of what Morgan was wearing the evening of her disappearance.

Your comments about this being similar to Natalee is haunting, they even resemble each other. I have made the request through LE to release a composite ( or as close as they can verify) to exactly what she was wearing; specifically the tights issue.
I will let you know when I hear back.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »

I agree it is imperative we get a VERIFIED description of what Morgan was wearing the evening of her disappearance.

Your comments about this being similar to Natalee is haunting, they even resemble each other. I have made the request through LE to release a composite ( or as close as they can verify) to exactly what she was wearing; specifically the tights issue.

Thank-you, I think this is vital, may just spark someone's attention, at least I hope so.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »

Thank you so much Blink.You are the best!
The reference to Natalee brings tears to my eyes.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

Kat, I've been on her facebook many times, I have not posted, but check in to see if there is anything being said that may shed some light.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »

TY. I did leave a comment on the family blog and I was really polite.
And, I did the bounce back to their admin who was going to review my request and get back to me. I don't care if they approve me, I just wanted to get someone's attention over there
with the Question : What did she look like ? The tights were fishnets ones I believe, but it is that T-shirt that is quite distinctive, if we could have a pix of the one she was wearing, front and back please.
The other girls that looked enough like her to even the family, she wasn't wearing tights. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

TY. I did leave a comment on the family blog and I was really polite.
And, I did the bounce back to their admin who was going to review my request and get back to me. I don't care if they approve me, I just wanted to get someone's attention over there
with the Question : What did she look like ? The tights were fishnets ones I believe, but it is that T-shirt that is quite distinctive, if we could have a pix of the one she was wearing, front and back please.
The other girls that looked enough like her to even the family, she wasn't wearing tights. 
I totally agree, and I didn't realize the tights were fishnets, for some reason I thought they were regular black tights. But that would make sense to have fishnets on with her outfit.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »

Kat,thanks for the fishnet comment.I thought they were regular leggings.I am with you.I want to know what Pantera shirt she was wearing.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »

Maybe Morgan left because there was some jealousy issues, one of her friends being jealous of Morgan, and an arguement followed, maybe over a guy? One of the friends had a boyfriend along, maybe Morgan was talking to him and the girlfriend got jealous, at that age it doesn't take much for that to happen?
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »

A photoshop pic would be great, showing the exact shirt, jewelry, etc.  but... I find it so hard to believe that there's not a picture of her from that night.  You'd think her mother would have taken pics of her when she was trying on her outfits since it was a night she'd looked forward to so long.

If not, I would have expected there would have been lots of pics on her friends' cell phone cameras, if not digital cameras.  All young people takes loads of pics of each other all the time.  I find it more than odd no pic of her has been released from that night.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »

A photoshop pic would be great, showing the exact shirt, jewelry, etc.  but... I find it so hard to believe that there's not a picture of her from that night.  You'd think her mother would have taken pics of her when she was trying on her outfits since it was a night she'd looked forward to so long.

If not, I would have expected there would have been lots of pics on her friends' cell phone cameras, if not digital cameras.  All young people takes loads of pics of each other all the time.  I find it more than odd no pic of her has been released from that night.

I agree!

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »

Good Morning all!

Bud's girl I was thinking the same thing. What bunch of young girls do not do a group pic when all dressed up to go to a special event? Something is just not adding up. Maybe they need to search the area they left from. 

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2009, 11:03:06 AM »

Thank you so much Blink.You are the best!
The reference to Natalee brings tears to my eyes.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her.

Me too Trimm...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »

That is being discussed on another forum, the thought is that LE has those pics, and are not releasing them, I have no idea, but people need to see her and what she looked like on that evening.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2009, 11:04:40 AM »

Good Morning all!

Bud's girl I was thinking the same thing. What bunch of young girls do not do a group pic when all dressed up to go to a special event? Something is just not adding up. Maybe they need to search the area they left from. 

I'm wondering, have they searched the area that they all left from?
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »

I know this question has been asked a 100 times, but I keep seeing 2 different answers. WHOSE car did they drive to the concert? Morgan's or someone else's.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »

Good Morning all!

Morning darla

Exactly, pictures of each other & together is a huge thing with kids, and all I've seen are pics of Morgan taken prior to that night. 

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »

I know this question has been asked a 100 times, but I keep seeing 2 different answers. WHOSE car did they drive to the concert? Morgan's or someone else's.

IDK.  Like you, I keep seeing both those answers also.   

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »

IDK.  Like you, I keep seeing both those answers also.   

IA~ seems like a very simple answer. Why isn't there a clear cut yes or no about Morgans car. And if it was hers, why on earth did her friend have the keys, why didn't the friend at least walk to the front entrance and give her the keys. Why after months of waiting for this concert did she not beg her friends to come down and please buy her another ticket in? Why did she kiss her friend when she was just going to the bathroom?  Why hasn't there been a pic of her at any one of the doors that she attempted to get back in, surely at one of them there's surveilance?  There seems to be some big missing pieces
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.