March 28, 2024, 08:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749223 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2009, 08:01:37 AM »

Same guy :

LOCAL ACTION FRIDAY 11/13/09
Ohh, I wish I could come back down tomorrow, as I just found out that UVA

Men's Basketball has their home opener tomorrow night at 7pm. GO, GO WITH CANDLES AND FLIERS OUTSIDE, pass out fliers, if there are news cameras get in front of them. NO ACCUSATIONS, JUST PLEAD FOR ANSWERS!!! Take flowers, wear 2-4-1 in whatever way you can, show solidarity. NO ACCUSATIONS!!! NEEDS TO BE PEACEFUL!!! If you can get inside to the game, do so, just please be respectful and NON-accusatory. This MUST be completely peaceful. NO disrepect, please. Although a chant of "find Morgan" or "where's Morgan" may be okay   

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:13:07 PM by baadbobby »   Logged 

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »

I'm seeing references made to the Harringtons' spirituality and their church and I must have somehow somehow missed this info. Can someone please point me to a link (or links) regarding this? TIA!

I spy..here is a link to there church .

http://www.unityroanokevalley.org/

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2009, 08:56:42 AM »

Same guy :

LOCAL ACTION FRIDAY 11/13/09
Ohh, I wish I could come back down tomorrow, as I just found out that UVA

Men's Basketball has their home opener tomorrow night at 7pm. GO, GO WITH CANDLES AND FLIERS OUTSIDE, pass out fliers, if there are news cameras get in front of them. NO ACCUSATIONS, JUST PLEAD FOR ANSWERS!!! Take flowers, wear 2-4-1 in whatever way you can, show solidarity. NO ACCUSATIONS!!! NEEDS TO BE PEACEFUL!!! If you can get inside to the game, do so, just please be respectful and NON-accusatory. This MUST be completely peaceful. NO disrepect, please. Although a chant of "find Morgan" or "where's Morgan" may be okay   

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:13:07 PM by baadbobby »   Logged 

Wow..thanks for those quotes.   I don't know if the BB ball pplayers are involved or not..but I would help they could have given some clues as to who else was in the parking area that night, who else Morgan may have interacted with, what her state of mind was..still looking for a ride or decided to wait for friends, etc.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »

This ticks me off, Pardon My rant.

http://www.wfir960.com/wire/stories/05664_Harrington-WEB_045429.asp

This brief radio snippet claims "Morgan may have been seen hitchhiking". THAT IS NOT what Corrine Geller said. She said they want people to try and remember if they saw someone matching her description getting into a vehicle or trying to hitch a ride.

That is very irresponsible imo. That said, there is a 3rd description on the knecklace, its a Swarovski, and I really wish someone could just put out a pic of it. Their catalog is online.

I am feeling more and more like there is a suspect emerging.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »

This ticks me off, Pardon My rant.

http://www.wfir960.com/wire/stories/05664_Harrington-WEB_045429.asp

This brief radio snippet claims "Morgan may have been seen hitchhiking". THAT IS NOT what Corrine Geller said. She said they want people to try and remember if they saw someone matching her description getting into a vehicle or trying to hitch a ride.

That is very irresponsible imo. That said, there is a 3rd description on the knecklace, its a Swarovski, and I really wish someone could just put out a pic of it. Their catalog is online.

I am feeling more and more like there is a suspect emerging.
No way I believe she was hitchhiking, my God do people actually do that anymore? I will have to look up what Swarovski jewelry is, yes, why not just put a pic of that necklace?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: November 13, 2009, 09:39:53 AM »

Thanks Blink.
I'd like to see the necklace too.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »

I would like to see the necklace too..there certainly has to be a pic somewhere of it.

Blink..the searchers were told to look for certain items of Morgan's.  I believe one was a camera?  Can you tell us what other items they were looking for that were missing from her purse?  I believe since 1600 people were told this at the search it would be okay for everyone to know. 

Also thinking the perp showed up to search ID in hand..most can't stay away from the publicity and search efforts. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: November 13, 2009, 11:04:42 AM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/13/missing-metallica-fan-morgan-harrington-story-featured-on-dr-p/
Missing Metallica Fan Morgan Harrington Story Featured on 'Dr. Phil'
Posted on Nov 13th 2009 10:30AM by Chris Harris

The parents of missing Metallica fan Morgan Harrington appeared on Nov. 12's episode of 'Dr. Phil,' to ask people from across the country to help in the search for the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, who was last seen at Metallica's Oct. 17 concert wearing a Pantera T-shirt, black boots, and a black mini-skirt.

Both Gil and Dan Harrington spoke with Dr. Phil McGraw on Nov. 9, but the interview didn't air until Thursday. The Harringtons shared details about the last night Morgan was seen and spoke about what it's been like living with the possibility that Morgan may never be found.

"You never thought that you'd be sitting in this place in a thousand, thousand years," Gil told Dr. Phil. "We just want Morgan to come back safely so we have our baby back," Dan Harrington added. "If Morgan's out there and hears us, please come home. Be strong, we are trying to find you. We will never stop. We are trying, honey. Hang on."

Morgan Harrington has been missing since she was separated from friends at the Metallica gig. Morgan used the bathroom, and afterwards somehow ended up outside of the venue, which has a no re-entry policy. She was last seen on a nearby bridge and had told friends she'd try to find another way home.
We don't know if she met someone in the bathroom, if she took a wrong door, if she went out to smoke," Gil told the good doctor; Morgan had quit smoking six months ago, so that would be out of character for her. "That's why we're trying to get information, because someone saw something or has a piece that will make things click into focus for us and give the investigation new force."

The Harringtons think it's strange Morgan would say she'd find an alternate way home. "I think it's very unusual for Morgan," Dan explains. "It's very confusing to me as to why she would say that she would find another ride home," as she lived 45 minutes from the venue. "None of this makes any sense, and it doesn't seem that this is behavior that Morgan would typically do."

The Harringtons have been holding it together as much as possible since Morgan vanished almost a month ago. They said they are bracing for the worse.

"Over the last week, particularly with the search occurring this weekend, I think the reality of where we are, now that we're at day 23 and Morgan has not returned home, starts to sink in," Dan says. "The days are awfully long. We are determined not to let ourselves become victims and not let the person who did this have more power over us than what has occurred."

Still, Gil says there are times when she thinks the worse, and trying "to prepare ourselves for the idea that our daughter may not only have been abducted but also murdered. It's difficult, but we're determined that there will be no more collateral damage from this event."

Meanwhile, Morgan Harrington appears on this week's cover of People magazine. The magazine will retell her story, and hopefully bring more awareness to the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: November 13, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/13/hitchhiking-missing-morgan-harrington-still-missing-sought-a-ride/             Pics of the necklace along with an article.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: November 13, 2009, 12:44:52 PM »

Thanks NoRose!

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: November 13, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »

Thanks Trimm for putting the pics, I don't know how to do that.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: November 13, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »

The three links on the pic of the Swarofski necklace is not what I would have pictured.
That is a pricey necklace for costume.
I am a fan of Swarofski ornaments and I have some jewelry from them. This one is not  my style, but for a younger person. These crystals just pick up the light so well, more so than regular crystals.

But, the distinctive three link necklace is what the searches were told to look for.And They say rhinestone on the official posters which are being distributed.
So, with the big PR machine they have, still inconsistencies. Not helpful to finding her as they are trying to follow Morgan's breadcrumbs.
I never got approved for their family blog, Find Morgan, maybe someone here did and could reach the person who redid the posters for public distributon with the wrong description.
BBL
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:24 PM »

The three links on the pic of the Swarofski necklace is not what I would have pictured.
That is a pricey necklace for costume.
I am a fan of Swarofski ornaments and I have some jewelry from them. This one is not  my style, but for a younger person. These crystals just pick up the light so well, more so than regular crystals.

But, the distinctive three link necklace is what the searches were told to look for.And They say rhinestone on the official posters which are being distributed.
So, with the big PR machine they have, still inconsistencies. Not helpful to finding her as they are trying to follow Morgan's breadcrumbs.
I never got approved for their family blog, Find Morgan, maybe someone here did and could reach the person who redid the posters for public distributon with the wrong description.
BBL
Thank-you for that info, I know nothing about Swarofski jewelry. I can't figure out why you were not approved for the family blog, I am not, but maybe Blink can do that.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: November 13, 2009, 01:10:46 PM »

The young woman who disappeared after leaving a Metallica concert on October 17, was last seen seeking a ride on the Copeley Road bridge, according to Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, who also released an image of a necklace Morgan Harrington was wearing the night she disappeared.

“We now can confirm that she was hitchhiking,” says Geller, noting that Harrington, who had been stuck outside the John Paul Jones Arena after she was denied reentry and had told friends by cellphone that she’d find her own way home, was allegedly seen by multiple witnesses on both sides of the bridge. 
    How can they confirm she was hitchhiking? Did someone see her hitchhiking? I just find it hard to believe she would be doing that, her car was in the lot. I can't believe how utterly confusing all this is.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: November 13, 2009, 01:16:23 PM »

My head is going to explode again.

How's about this:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/13/hitchhiking-missing-morgan-harrington-still-missing-sought-a-ride/

From above:

According to several sources, members of UVA’s men’s basketball team were among the last to see Harrington in the grassy, tree-shrouded parking area. Emails sent to numerous team members were forwarded to UVA spokesperson Carol Wood, who directed the inquiry to State Police, but Geller declines comment on the identity of any witnesses.

“We leave it to them whether they want to speak publicly,” she says.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: November 13, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

How's about this:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/13/hitchhiking-missing-morgan-harrington-still-missing-sought-a-ride/

From above:

According to several sources, members of UVA’s men’s basketball team were among the last to see Harrington in the grassy, tree-shrouded parking area. Emails sent to numerous team members were forwarded to UVA spokesperson Carol Wood, who directed the inquiry to State Police, but Geller declines comment on the identity of any witnesses.

Thanks, I honestly don't know what to think anymore. Do you know anything about the statement that it is confirmed she was hitchhiking? I'm baffled by that, why, when Morgan's car was in the lot? No way do I believe she was hitchhiking, unless she was under the influence of something and wasn't thinking clearly, otherwise it would make no sense. Actually it makes little sense for her to do that if she was under the influence 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: November 13, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

How's about this:

From above:

Okay, I stopped for a second and thought about this, is it because UVA doesn't want any negative publicity, and since we all know the bottom line is always money, they are afraid that this would cast a dark shadow on the university? Otherwise I have no idea. Help
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: November 13, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/13/morgan-harrington-case-state-police-say-she-was-hitchhiking/

Morgan Harrington Case: State Police Say She Was Hitchhiking
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: November 13, 2009, 01:44:09 PM »

The necklace is pretty and very destinctive.  I wish they would have put the info and pics out there from the beginning about the necklace. 

The whole thing about hitchhiking does not make any sense to me either.  Her car is in the parking lot.  The band had already been playing for 20 minutes by 9:20. It would have made more sense for her just to have waited by the security doors for her firends to come out..or phone them again ask to bring her the car keys.

None of this adds up at all. 

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: November 13, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »

I agree NRCG. I can't figure out any reason why she would be hitching a ride home.

Sorry if answered or discussed before, but how much traffic flow was there at the time? Weren't most people at their destination the stadium
Also, didn't she live like 1 hr away

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.