March 28, 2024, 03:28:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749166 times)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #760 on: November 25, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »

Prayers for Morgan and her family.

2 4 1
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #761 on: November 25, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »

college-players=$$$
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: November 25, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »

Prayers to Morgan's family and friends tomorrow. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: November 25, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11574408
Parents of Morgan Harrington hopeful this Thanksgiving

The Harrington family hoped to have their daughter Morgan home by Thanksgiving.

Dan and Gil Harrington have not seen 20 year old Morgan Harrington now for almost six weeks since she vanished after leaving a Metallica concert in Charlottesville October 17th.

The Harrington's son is coming to Virginia from New York City for Thanksgiving and the family will have dinner with close family friends.

A place Gil Harrington says they always spend the holiday.

"We're always there. It'll be strange not to have Morgan home if she doesn't make it home by Thanksgiving, but that is really our place of celebration and marking that holiday, we'll be there," says Gil Harrington.

The family says they hope someone who knows something will come forward. Again, the tip line is 434 352-3467.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: November 25, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »

Praying for Morgan and her family.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #765 on: November 25, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

Men’s Basketball Team Were Approached By Female

Charlottesville, Va. (1140wrva.com)  The University of Virginia has released a statement to set the record straight concerning the relationship of a missing young woman and the men’s basketball team.

University Spokesperson Carol Wood tells WRVA that some members of the men’s basketball team were approached by a female matching the description of 20 year-old Morgan Harrington the night she disappeared in Charlottesville.  The encounter followed a team practice.

Wood says the team members, along with other witnesses, were questioned by State Police and were able to provide information useful in developing a timeline for Harrington’s whereabouts.

Click Here to hear Carol Wood

State Police Spokesperson Corrine Geller says they continue to investigate the case and there are no suspects.

Harrington was last seen around 9:30pm on October 17th.  She had gone to a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena, and was not able to get back in after she went outside.  She told friends – using a cellphone – that she might try to hitchhike home.  Her purse and cellphone were found the next day near where she was last seen.           WTH if that is true about telling her friends about hitchhiking, I can't believe her friends would be okay with this. Unless she has done this before 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: November 25, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

Men’s Basketball Team Were Approached By Female

Charlottesville, Va. (1140wrva.com)  The University of Virginia has released a statement to set the record straight concerning the relationship of a missing young woman and the men’s basketball team.

University Spokesperson Carol Wood tells WRVA that some members of the men’s basketball team were approached by a female matching the description of 20 year-old Morgan Harrington the night she disappeared in Charlottesville.  The encounter followed a team practice.

Wood says the team members, along with other witnesses, were questioned by State Police and were able to provide information useful in developing a timeline for Harrington’s whereabouts.

Click Here to hear Carol Wood

State Police Spokesperson Corrine Geller says they continue to investigate the case and there are no suspects.

Harrington was last seen around 9:30pm on October 17th.  She had gone to a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena, and was not able to get back in after she went outside.  She told friends – using a cellphone – that she might try to hitchhike home.  Her purse and cellphone were found the next day near where she was last seen.           WTH if that is true about telling her friends about hitchhiking, I can't believe her friends would be okay with this. Unless she has done this before 

Actually I don't believe any of them right now.
No way would my friend have left hitch hiking.Period.To he!! with the concert.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #767 on: November 25, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »

WTH who would think it is alright to hitchhike in 2009    If her friends knew this, their conscious must really be getting the better of them, at least I know mine would. I don't know what to think of these friends anyway.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: November 25, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »

Prayers for Morgan and her family..
what a nightmare this has to be for all of them...hell on earth...
I hope that they get some answers soon on Morgan's whereabouts...this is so sad...

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: November 25, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11574408
Parents of Morgan Harrington hopeful this Thanksgiving

The Harrington family hoped to have their daughter Morgan home by Thanksgiving.

Dan and Gil Harrington have not seen 20 year old Morgan Harrington now for almost six weeks since she vanished after leaving a Metallica concert in Charlottesville October 17th.

The Harrington's son is coming to Virginia from New York City for Thanksgiving and the family will have dinner with close family friends.

A place Gil Harrington says they always spend the holiday.

"We're always there. It'll be strange not to have Morgan home if she doesn't make it home by Thanksgiving, but that is really our place of celebration and marking that holiday, we'll be there," says Gil Harrington.

The family says they hope someone who knows something will come forward. Again, the tip line is 434 352-3467.

Evening everyone!  Stopping in to check progress on finding Morgan before I hit the Monkey bunky.  O.k., this isn't the first time I've said this, but what is up with the Harringtons?  I bolded in blue above, Dan Harrington's very peculiar statement.  This isn't the first time they've alluded that Morgan somehow has a choice or decision in returning home (Look for ISpy posts on this thread).  There is something really weird going on, IMO.  First we're told she left to go the bathroom and somehow got outside JPJ.  Then we're told she went to smoke and somehow got outside.  We're told that Morgan told her friends she'd get a ride home.  Then we're told she was hitch-hiking (followed immediately by she wasn't hitch-hiking, followed immediately by she was hitch-hiking).  We're told she encountered some UVA b-ball players (no she didn't, yes she did).  We're told she'd never run away from her life and the family is so close, etc.  Yet, her parents keep making these dubious-sounding statements like "..if she doesn't make it home".  Well, if she's been kidnapped, I seriously doubt if she can arrange with her kidnapper to be home for Thanksgiving.  God forbid, if she's dead, she can't exactly "make it home" either.  I want to know exactly what her parents think is going on!  I'm not convinced they think this is a kidnapping.  If so, why would they be putting the responsibility on her to "make it home" (and other comments-see ISpy posts).  I don't think they're making positive statements per their religious beliefs either (creating positive energy, etc.).  If that were the case, I believe they'd make statements like "When Morgan comes home, we'll ..."  or "We'll feel so _________, when we finally see/hear Morgan.".  Maybe I'm just overly suspicious or just don't trust people, I don't know.  I'm sorry to say it (and God, please forgive me if I'm wrong), but I do know I don't trust Dan and Gil Harrington.  They either believe Morgan has been taken or they don't.  JMO       

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: November 25, 2009, 11:31:28 PM »

One more thought, I don't believe for one minute an intelligent, beautiful girl like Morgan would be stupid enough to hitch hike...especially not with the recent murders of two Va Tech students.  I point out Morgan's appearance only because I'm sure she's been hit on numerous times with unwanted attention.  That alone would be enough to discourage a teen-age girl from hitch hiking (not to mention the news is constantly reporting on incidents like that).  I'm not liking: how "silent" her friends are either (as in short on details); no cell phone pics have been released of her & friends/her at the arena/them at the arena/Morgan's outfit (although police artists could fairly easily have sketched it from family & friends descriptions); that Morgan's necklace was finally described (albeit reluctantly, IMO) and there were no accompanying pictures, even though they were readily available on the Internet to a techno savvy family who already knows what the necklace looks like; and these reoccurring odd remarks.  Things that make me go "Hhhmmmmm."  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  The pieces are not fitting together here...things don't feel "right".

I'm sorry to post and run, but I've got an early morning meeting.  Need to scoot.  Take good care and God Bless you!

Forecast for the Day:
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: November 26, 2009, 09:01:32 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/police_interview_uva_players_in_harrington_disappearance/49305/
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Home > News> Local
Police interview UVa players in Harrington disappearance
By The Daily Progress Staff
Published: November 25, 2009
Police investigators interviewed members of the Cavalier basketball team in connection with the disappearance of Morgan D. Harrington, the University of Virginia confirmed in a statement Tuesday.

“As police worked to establish a time line of October 17 in hopes of locating Ms. Harrington, they interviewed a number of witnesses, including some members of the men’s basketball team. After a practice, team members had been approached by a female consistent with Ms. Harrington’s description. They cooperated fully with law enforcement investigators and, like other witnesses interviewed by the police, they provided information that is important to police efforts to establish Ms. Harrington’s movements,” the statement said.

Harrington, a Virginia Tech student, disappeared after getting locked out of the John Paul Jones Arena during a Metallica show. There is a substantial reward for information leading to her location. Anyone with information is urged to call 352-3467 or e-mail bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov .

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: November 26, 2009, 05:48:04 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11578308
Harrington's Spend Thanksgiving in Cville
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 2:44 PM CST Updated: Nov 26, 2009 3:40 PM CST

The parents of missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle - finding their daughter nearly 6 weeks after her disappearance.

Dan and Gil Harrington and their son spent part of Thanksgiving morning visiting a makeshift memorial on the Copeley Road bridge near the John Paul Jones Arena.

Police say Morgan was last seen on the bridge trying to hitch a ride from the Metallica concert around 9:30 on October 17.

"There's something of her here. There's nothing of her in our home, and we're trying to change that," said Gil.

It's hard to imagine the Harrington's have much to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. "I am very thankful for the huge support and the outpouring of love that we have had from friends and neighbors," Gil said.

Friends invited the couple and their son to continue a family Thanksgiving tradition in Charlottesville, but this holiday is anything but normal for the Harrington family.

"This is a family holiday," Gil said in a plea for information. "Let Morgan go and put our family back together again."

The Harrington's added a bright red sign to the memorial. It simply said "HOPE". They admit that hope is fading as their daughter's disappearance drags on.

"There's hopefulness, and then there's being Pollyanna," said Gil.

"We realize the statistics are not great, and they get worse." Dan said, "you have to mourn as well as hold out hope."
The parents are facing their worst nightmare as time goes on. They've given DNA to police to help identify a body - if one is found. They're also making a plea for tips to keep coming to investigators.

"Someone has had to have seen something or knows that someone's behavior changed in the day or days following this event on October 17," said Dan.

The Harrington's say they believe in forgiveness and hope for more to be thankful for this holiday.

"I would really like my answer today," said Gil on Thanksgiving morning. "that would give me much more to have Thanksgiving about."

If you have any information that can help police, call the tip line at (434) 352-3467. There is a $150,000 reward.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: November 26, 2009, 05:48:49 PM »

Praying for Morgan.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: November 26, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »

One more thought, I don't believe for one minute an intelligent, beautiful girl like Morgan would be stupid enough to hitch hike...especially not with the recent murders of two Va Tech students.  I point out Morgan's appearance only because I'm sure she's been hit on numerous times with unwanted attention.  That alone would be enough to discourage a teen-age girl from hitch hiking (not to mention the news is constantly reporting on incidents like that).  I'm not liking: how "silent" her friends are either (as in short on details); no cell phone pics have been released of her & friends/her at the arena/them at the arena/Morgan's outfit (although police artists could fairly easily have sketched it from family & friends descriptions); that Morgan's necklace was finally described (albeit reluctantly, IMO) and there were no accompanying pictures, even though they were readily available on the Internet to a techno savvy family who already knows what the necklace looks like; and these reoccurring odd remarks.  Things that make me go "Hhhmmmmm."  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  The pieces are not fitting together here...things don't feel "right".

I'm sorry to post and run, but I've got an early morning meeting.  Need to scoot.  Take good care and God Bless you!

I agree with you ISpy in that I don't believe that Morgan hitched a ride.  I am hoping the reason there are no public photos, no public interviews with her friends, etc. is because that is the decision at this time of LE.  The news media goes from one extreme to another, but no source has said for sure she hitched or anything else, they're just checking all possibilities and/or scenarios, etc.  I believe there is a lot of information known which has not been revealed. 
I don't find anything odd about the Harrington's statements, but that is JMO.  Lots of prayers are being sent to help bring this young lady back to her loved ones.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »

I agree with ISpy. There has to be a reason why so much is being withheld from the public.
ps I think her parents are in shock, denial, grief and anger. Probably trying to say the right things as they perceive that to be. I would be wanting to choke out her friends as my Thanksgiving gesture. The Harringtons have probably done all the right things for all the right reasons their entire lives. I pray for Morgan and her family. 
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: November 26, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »

I know there have been searches, but has the river really been searched well??  It looks so dark, and someone who may have been injured could have easily fallen in, or been pushed.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: November 27, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »

As I got ready this morning for family gatherings, I thought about the Harringtons today...how it must feel to not know where your child is on a "family" day especially, but any day.  I couldn't imagine how hard this must be for any parent, so I prayed (as so many others must have also).  I'm sure they probably run the gamut between anger, grief, frustration, despair, hope, and back again.  Adding them to my prayer list.   

Forecast for the Day:
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: November 27, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »

As I got ready this morning for family gatherings, I thought about the Harringtons today...how it must feel to not know where your child is on a "family" day especially, but any day.  I couldn't imagine how hard this must be for any parent, so I prayed (as so many others must have also).  I'm sure they probably run the gamut between anger, grief, frustration, despair, hope, and back again.  Adding them to my prayer list.   

I don't post much, ISpy, because my words don't ever seem to come out as I mean them.  I also prayed for Morgan & her family, as well as Natalee & her family, Haleigh, and so on.   It's terrible that the list is so long. 

As you posted above about the words of Morgan's family, I also have puzzled over their words from the start.  I was reading back on their blog entries early this morning on findmorgan.  I know these are two highly intelligent people, and maybe because of that, they write & think differently than I do. 

Their entries seem to be more about what they are going through, than about putting out information about Morgan.  There's a recurring theme of how they will not let this get to them, how they will protect Morgan's friends from it, all phrased so eloquently, like they're writing a book.  Someone said the blog was a place where the Harringtons could write their innermost thoughts & pour out their feelings.  I don't see it.  Face down on the flloor, bawling into the carpet, is where you pour our your innermost feelings, and none of them are poetically phrased or make much sense.  I would have had a very difficult time celebrating Thanksgiving at the house of friends for the reason they gave -  because it's where they always go.  But that's just me.

I honestly don't say this to be critical of them.  I'm rambling I guess, but I'm trying to say I agree with you.  I just keep reading their entries & interviews and thinking they're saying things that are meant to be more of a message to someone - either to Morgan or whoever they think is enabling her/keeping her where she is.  Her dad said on Thanksgiving morning they went to the bridge where she was last believed to be seen --- because there is something of her there ... but nothing of her in their home.  Huh?      

Nothing adds up to me.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: November 27, 2009, 08:31:50 AM »

I agree with ISpy. There has to be a reason why so much is being withheld from the public.
ps I think her parents are in shock, denial, grief and anger. Probably trying to say the right things as they perceive that to be. I would be wanting to choke out her friends as my Thanksgiving gesture. The Harringtons have probably done all the right things for all the right reasons their entire lives. I pray for Morgan and her family. 

lol, you crack me up, Kat. 

I missed your post before I wrote my long-winded one.  Maybe that's what is puzzling me about how they say things.... "probably trying to say the right things as they perceive it to be".  It's their way, and we're all different.  Just because what they say comes across strange to me, doesn't make it so.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.