March 28, 2024, 12:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749130 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #860 on: December 03, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »

Thank-you, I always read Blink's site as well, I must have missed that.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: December 04, 2009, 06:44:18 AM »

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/new_river_valley/article/parents_of_morgan_harrington_talk_about_float_effort_in_local_parades/66398/
Parents of Morgan Harrington talk about float effort in local parades
WSLS News Staff
news@wsls.com
Published: December 3, 2009
Updated: December 3, 2009
The parents of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are thanking those in the community who are helping keep their daughter’s case in focus during the holiday season.

A group of volunteer from “Forgotten Victims” came up with floats for local Christmas parades as part of a “Let’s Bring Morgan Home for X-Mas” campaign.  Morgan used to volunteer with the non-profit group.

According to a news release, the floats will include signs with the Find Morgan website, fliers and children carrying a Find Morgan banner.

The float will be in the Christmas parades in Vinton, Salem, and Roanoke.

Dan and Gil Harrington issed this statement on Thursday, through the PR firm they hired:

The past few weeks have been particularly trying for our family as we face the holiday season without our daughter, Morgan. It is the community’s continued outpouring of love and support that helps us endure this difficult time each day. We thank the members of the non-profit group, Forgotten Victims, and the many others who will help spread the word about Morgan’s disappearance by marching in upcoming holiday parades at Vinton, Salem, and Roanoke, Virginia. Your support has helped lift our spirits when we needed it most.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: December 04, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/04/missing-metallica-fan-parade-routes/
Friends of Missing Metallica Fan Morgan Harrington Hit Parade Routes
Posted on Dec 4th 2009 11:00AM by Chris Harris
t's that time of year, when people give thanks, spend times with family and friends, and the spirit of the holidays takes over. In Virginia, several of the towns around Charlottesville and Richmond host holiday parades, and it will be at these local events that the next phase in the search for missing Metallica fan Morgan Harrington will unfurl.

Harrington has been missing since Oct. 17, when she was separated from friends and went missing from a Metallica concert. She was last seen hitchhiking on a nearby bridge, wearing a Pantera T-shirt, black boots, and a black mini-skirt. She hasn't been heard from since.

This week and weekend, friends of Morgan will be hitting the streets in full force, in an effort to raise awareness to the case, which has been getting national media coverage. They plan to do this at local parades, where thousands gather to celebrate the Christmas season. As part of the effort, Harrington's friends have entered a car in each parade, plastered with Morgan's visage and phone numbers folks can call if they have any information about the case. They will also be walking all of the parade routes, passing out fliers.

"People [in the crowd] are telling us they're praying for Morgan and her family, that they'll display the posters," Morgan's friend Diane Kelly told reporters. Nearly 2,000 posters were handed out at Thursday night's parade. "We're just never going to give up hope and the kids haven't either, they fully expect her to be at their Christmas party."
n a statement, Morgan's parents Dan and Gil Harrington said that the "past few weeks have been particularly trying for our family," but that it's been "the community's continued outpouring of love and support that helps us endure this difficult time each day. Your support has helped lift our spirits when we needed it most."

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo said in a recent interview that he hopes Morgan is returned safely. "I was crushed," Trujillo said, about learning of Harrington's disappearance; he added that the case has been ever-present on the band members' minds. "Stuff like this just really, really bums me out, especially when you are a parent and you have children. I mean, it's the worst thing that you could ever imagine. And of course, you know, we're all hoping for the best and just praying that she's alive. It really hit a sour chord with us and bummed us out."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #863 on: December 04, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »

hey everyone, i just posted this comment on Blinks site but i am gonna copy it over here since it is a scenario i just thought of. who knows how plausible it is but i will post it anyway.

i personally think its possible that if there is a poi right now, it is the male who drove morgans car to and from the jpj arena from Harrisonburg.

if this is true..then i pose the following scenario:

i dont think this male attended the concert with the girls. i think he went to uva to hang out/party with people he knew at the school while the girls were at the concert. i think when morgan found herself outside, she called and/or texted this guy when she realized she couldn't get back in the concert.  i think she figured she would hang out with him and his friends until the concert was over...

i think after they met up, something went seriously wrong...and now morgan is missing.

if this scenario or something close to it is true, i believe she isn't too far from charlottesville.

i was also wondering if this guy who drove morgans car is from an area close to the 105 mile marker area on skyline drive?

I think it is possible, and I have been very curious about this male, and you don't hear much about him at all. I'm not familiar with the area you are talking about at all, do you have an idea who this person is?

i think the male is the boyfriend of one of the girls that morgan went to the concert with. his name hasn't been released yet which i do not understand.  the area i'm walking about is on skyline drive, which is a scenic highway in va.. the reason i asked about is bc i always read blinks site (she is the best!) and in one of her respones to someone on there, she said she was particularly interested in this mile marker on skyline driver..thats why i asked if maybe the guy had a connection to that area. i hope that helped!

Hi SUNSHINE~  It's hard trying to get more info, any credible tidbit about the known facts but with the idea above it seems like there would have had to been a confirmed call or text to this guy unless he was just hanging out in the parking lot all night. Maybe there is a call or text and LE hasn't said.
Supposing she did call him, he's hanging with friends, why haven't any of them come forward, if he said , oh gotta leave and help a friend out, knowing that he had driven pals to the concert, surely they woulda put two and two together and made statements.
If she did somehow meet up with him, what circumstance would make him kill her? If he came onto her, she rejects him maybe? Maybe she doesn't reject him, they drive and find a nice secluded make-out spot, then she irritates him to the point of murder/disposal?
I am not at all disagreeing with the scenario but trying to make sense of it. There is so little to go on here, it's like playing the CLUE GAME, Mr. Peacock did it in the drawing room!
Thanks for posting that theory, it's seems like it's been a long time since there's been any possibilities to ponder, I'm gonna keep thinking about it. What do you think?
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #864 on: December 04, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »

I'm still thinking about this theory, if it was a person in her crowd seems like the guy would have some sort of scratches or marks on him. If it was planned and she was bound up and couldn't leave marks then he would have had to have items handy for restraint. That would mean this person had an inkling to do harm, was it only to her or she was just unlucky?
Last, if this guy had involvement and later reunited with the others from the concert, was he acting weird? How could a first time murderer go about business as usual?
As usual in this case, lots and lots of questions but no real answers.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:30 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from 11/16
On December - 4 - 2009
This is how you suffer:  You sit in the pain and you figure out a way to go on, a path to move forward on. Not to redirect the emotion into anger or blame.

What is the interest in our story or with other folks? I think that audiences have been fed a caricature of behaviors and emotions that they are rejecting. They seek a more mature stance. They want to figure out how to deal with the inevitable pain life will deliver. Synthesis is tough though. Thought I could spend the rest of my life underscoring the assumptions and conclusions I had already made, not trying to make new tracks.

Richness is the complexity of your relationships. One month into our crisis we have received one month of food from the ladies in our neighborhood. That is richness beyond measure.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: December 07, 2009, 04:13:28 PM »

http://www.dailypress.com/news/virginia/dp-va--missingvatechstud1207dec07,0,2987343.story
Effort to find missing Va student turns to parades
By the Associated Press

December 7, 2009
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -  An effort to find a Virginia Tech student who vanished after attending a Metallica concert is turning to holiday parades to publicize the search.

Police say 20-year-old Morgan Harrington of Roanoke became separated from friends after she left the concert arena in Charlottesville on Oct. 17 and was denied re-entry.

A posting on the Web site http://findmorgan.com/ says a "Let's Bring Morgan Home for X-Mas" float will appear in Roanoke's Christmas parade on Friday. Floats appeared last week in parades in Vinton and Salem.

According to the posting, the floats were organized by the nonprofit Forgotten Victims. A Find Morgan banner will be carried in the parades by children from the group and fliers will be distributed.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: December 08, 2009, 07:02:53 AM »

Praying for Morgan.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: December 08, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=141404064432695&ShowArticle_ID=11800712092812966
Issue #21.49 :: 12/08/2009 - 12/14/2009
JPJ's no re-entry similar to ACC teams

Smaller local venues operate on patron-friendly re-entry policies

BY CHIARA CANZI
The case of missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington has captured the nation’s attention. Her parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, appeared on several televised programs such as “Dr. Phil” and “Nancy Grace.” While some details in her disappearance have emerged, it is still unclear what role the no re-entry policy of the John Paul Jones Arena (JPJ) played.

Morgan Harrington disappeared on October 17 while attending a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena. Virginia State Police say Harrington found herself outside the arena and was denied re-entry per the venue’s policy. Yet, all teams of the ACC go by the same no re-entry policy. Smaller local venues, however, allow re-entry.

Harrington disappeared on October 17 while attending a Metallica concert at JPJ. According to witness accounts gathered by Virginia State Police, Harrington left her friends to visit the restroom, wound up outside the arena, and was denied re-entry to the concert. The timeline released by state police places her outside the arena at 8:20pm, where she was seen conversing the people. At 8:48pm she told a friend inside the arena that she would try to find her way home.

At 9pm, someone matching Harrington’s description was seen walking alone in the University Hall parking lot, and later through Lannigan field (where her purse was later found). She was reportedly last seen hitchhiking on Copeley bridge.

On October 23, UVA released a statement on the arena’s no re-entry policy, calling the policy “typical” of most major event venues in the country and around the world.

“Patrons attempting to enter the facility without a ticket, with an invalid ticket or with a previously used ticket are denied access, unless they have previously obtained management approval to re-enter.”

Additionally, “for crowd control, we need to prevent people without tickets from entering the facility. The policy also decreases the possibility of contraband being brought into the facility.”

Among the ACC teams, all arenas have a similar policy, with small exceptions at Miami and NC State, which allow patrons who step out for a smoke to re-enter. (JPJ has a smoking balcony.)

Even at sporting events, JPJ’s rules apply: “Exiting and re-entering with the same ticket is not permitted.”

Locally, smaller music venues have a completely different approach. Kirby Hutto, general manager of The Pavilion and project manager of The Jefferson Theater, says that both venues do not regulate patrons who come in and out.

“We’ve had those discussions and we think that’s a patron-friendly policy to allow re-entry,” he told C-VILLE. “Occasionally, we may have an issue with a patron who is leaving to do things that we don’t want them to do and then trying to come back in, but … we trust our patrons as a general rule, and we did not have any major issues with allowing re-entry.”

Same goes for The Paramount on the Downtown Mall. Patrons who wish to go outside must present a valid ticket stub at the time of re-entry. And that is true for those who step out for a smoke.

Although Foxfield does not seem to have a fixed policy, during the fall races re-entry is allowed because of smaller attendance. At the spring races, re-entry would be nearly impossible because of the heavy traffic.

In the case of both the Jefferson and the Pavilion, Hutto says that the re-entry policy won’t likely change. “We feel that not only is it patron-friendly, but it’s also friendly to other businesses Downtown. People can go out and meet a friend elsewhere and then come back in to the venue,” he says. “Given our two specific venues that we are dealing with, we feel that allowing re-entry is the right thing to do for our patrons.”

C-VILLE welcomes news tips from readers. Send them to news@c-ville.com

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

I had to have Sherman dig out the Wayback to remember what college was like and also to put myself in Morgan's shoes. 

After thinking for sometime of what it was like for me 20 yrs ago on campus the memories came back and I'm willing to bet that not a whole lot has changed in that time, except that everyone has a cell phone.

I haven't studied the case in depth so bear with me...here are just some random thoughts:

Walking thru campus we always took the most direct route to where we were going.  It was not the safest route and was usually along the RR tracks or thru alleys with large dumpsters.

Everyone was a friend, whether you knew them or not.  Maybe you'd seen them around and they were familiar but often not and never thought twice about going to a party with them.

We always had friends that went to other schools, they would come & visit for the weekend or we would go there.  Never thought twice about it and sometimes got separated for hours.  Always trusting that we would hook back up.

Of the one thing that I believe still exists on campus is the invincibility of a young adult, tell them till your blue in the face the dangers that lurk and they still think it won't happen to them.

Just one more thought, I once took a side trip off of I77 taking I81 up to I64 and back over to 77.  Beautiful county however it was a white knuckler the whole way.  Someone taking Morgan out of that area would have to know the roads well, especially in the dark.

Prayers for Morgan & the Harrington family an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #870 on: December 09, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »

Regarding the tix policy. I recently went to a concert here at a big venue. I left for a smoke. My ticket stub was scanned and the button pushed to mark that I had left. I had to show my same bar coded tix stub to get back in. SO, it might have been just a policy at JPJ for Metallica to not allow re entry due to a likelyhood of unauthorized liquor being brought in or consumed.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: December 09, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

Morgans mom is going to be on JVM in a minute.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #872 on: December 09, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »

Prayers for Morgan and her family.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: December 10, 2009, 06:09:23 AM »

Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell Transcripts 12/09/09
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/09/ijvm.01.html

Prayers for Morgan and her family.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: December 10, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11652250
Harrington DNA Collected
Posted: Dec 09, 2009 8:22 PM CST Updated: Dec 09, 2009 8:50 PM CST

Virginia State Police investigators have collected DNA samples from Morgan Harrington's parents.

The Virginia Tech student disappeared in Charlottesville 53 days ago.

On the website dedicated to finding Morgan, Harrington's mother Gil says that the samples were collected just after Thanksgiving
Fast Facts –

Morgan Harrington is 20 years old.

She was last seen October 17th wearing a black t-shirt with the tan letters that spelled "Pantera" across the front, a black mini skirt with black tights and knee-high black boots.

Physical Description: She has long blonde hair and blue eyes, stands 5-feet-6-inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds.

Officially there is a $100,000 reward for information on Harrington. We're told State Police and Metallica are working out the final details that would increase that reward by $50,000.

The tip number is 434-352-3467.

Reported By NBC 29 HD News

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: December 11, 2009, 08:31:01 AM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/79008717.html
Updated: 8:52 PM Dec 10, 2009
Morgan Harrington Update: Police At Work, No P.O.I. Yet
State Police updated the Newsplex on the Morgan Harrington investigation, saying they're still getting tips, have detectives constantly working on the case but have yet to develop any P.O.I. or "person of interest". They are particularly interested in knowing about a Morgan "sighting" in the Culpeper/Orange County area.
Posted: 6:40 PM Dec 10, 2009
Reporter: Liz Palka
Email Address: liz.palka@newsplex.com
December 10, 2009

A Virginia State Police spokeswoman compares the Morgan Harrington investigation to a jig-saw puzzle. She says they have certain pieces of information but the evidence does not add up yet to a complete picture.
Corinne Geller says the VSP are constantly reviewing and analyzing the 600 tips they have received in the last two months.

Police are working closely with the family. According to the FindMorgan website, State Police collected DNA from both Dan and Gil Harrington shortly after Thanksgiving. Before Thanksgiving, the Harringtons delivered their missing daughter's dental records to police.

Geller says the same agencies remain involved in the investigation, such as the Virginia State Police, the University of Virginia Police, the Charlottesville Police Department, the Albemarle County Police Department, the Blacksburg Police Department, Virginia Tech Police Department and the FBI. Geller says they are pulling resources as they need them.

"It's kind of fluid," said Geller. "There is not a set number of people assigned to this case."

Geller says they do have leads. But, there is still a large gap of information missing from the night Morgan disappeared.

The Virginia Tech student was attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

"We have these gaps," said Geller. "But, we have a sighting the next morning up in the Culpeper, Orange area that could be very viable. But, unfortunately, we don't have surveillance video. Nobody at the gas station recalls seeing her there."

The possible Culpeper/Orange sighting is one of many leads investigators are following up on. But, the key information remains at the Copeley Road bridge in Charlottesville where police say several people last saw Harrington trying to hitchhike.

"They may not have seen an actual young woman getting into a car," Geller explained about people who may not realize what they saw. "But, if they just remember seeing a car stopped in the roadway on the bridge and thought, 'Well, this is strange. Why is this vehicle stopped?'"
Geller says they do have information. But, that lead might be the missing piece they're searching for.

Geller also says there are no persons of interest at this point and they still don't know if Harrington fell victim to foul play.

We welcome your comments on this story.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: December 12, 2009, 01:31:17 AM »

Trimm, thank you for being so faithful to bring updates in here.  This case seems to have gone cold so fast, as least media-wise.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: December 12, 2009, 06:26:01 AM »

Bud'sGirl,you're welcome!You are right about the media.They seem to have moved on as they do in a lot of these cases.I am still holding out hope for Morgan.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: December 12, 2009, 06:27:25 AM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-harrington-concert121109,0,3626359.story
Benefit Concert for Morgan Harrington Fund

Judy Stinolis Producer

December 11, 2009
A hard rock and heavy metal concert will be held to raise money to help in the search for missing Virginia Tech student, Morgan Harrington.

The concert will be held on Saturday, December 19th at the Canal Club in Richmond - more than 2 months after she was last seen at a Metallica concert in Charlottesville. Tickets will be available at the door for $15 and all proceeds will go to the Find Morgan Fund, which supports the Harrington family's ongoing search efforts.

The event, organized by DVS Artist Management & Marchant Entertainment, will begin at 4:00 p.m. with a candlelight vigil for Morgan and will run until approximately 1:00 a.m.

Participating bands include Dangerous New Machine, Whiplash, Chaos Agent, Day Minus 7, At War, Memory Fade, Saint Diablo, and Arch Demon Choir.

The Canal Club is located at 1545 East Cary St., Richmond, VA 23219.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.