March 28, 2024, 08:03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749084 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: December 18, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=51277&comments=1
Whiplash To Perform At Morgan Harrington Benefit Show

posted Dec 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM by xFiruath.  (0 Comments
On December 19, 2009, New Jersey thrashers Whiplash will play a benefit concert for Morgan Harrington, the missing 20-year-old student from Virginia Tech. Harrington was last seen on October 17th near the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Virginia following a Metallica concert. The event is being held at The Canal Club in Richmond, Virginia and aims to raise awareness of Morgan's disappearance and support the Harrington family's ongoing search to find her. All proceeds will go to the Find Morgan website. Other bands on the bill include Dangerous New Machine, At War, and The Chaos Agent. View the show poster here.

Find Morgan Website.  http://findmorgan.com/
Poster.  http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=451309518&blogId=522607671

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #921 on: December 18, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

published 11:47am Friday Dec 18, 2009  Crying or Very sad

Holiday heartache: Harringtons face Christmas without Morgan

Today,” says Dan Harringon, “I’m imagining that she did decide to leave, that she just started a new life somewhere.”

His wife, Gil, gently chides him, calling the idea that their daughter, Morgan Harrington, could have voluntarily disappeared October 17 after attending a Metallica concert at UVA’s John Paul Jones Arena, “impossible,” and Dan manages a grim smile.

“It makes me feel better,” he tells his wife, before turning to a reporter and admitting, “I don’t really think that’s the case.”

Sitting in their comfortable living room in their Roanoke home less than two weeks before Christmas, the Harringtons say the last two months have been “hell on earth.” And with no sign of their 20-year-old daughter, a Virginia Tech student who’d come to Charlottesville to attend the show and vanished after getting stuck outside the venue without her friends, there is no end to that earthly hell in sight.

They are coping, they say, in different ways.

“She deserved a life,” says Gil Harrington, pictured here with a self-portrait by her missing daughter, Morgan.

While Gil, a nurse, is home, Dan, a psychiatrist, has gone back to work at Carilion Clinic, but only in his capacity as vice president of academic affairs.

“I can’t see patients,” he says. “It’s like I’m crawling out of my skin.”

The distraction of the part-time administrative work is welcome, he says, but it keeps the ongoing nightmare at bay only briefly, and the agony of not knowing where his daughter is— if she’s alive at all— hits again and again, a merciless staccato of pain. The aftermath of Wednesday-evening meetings, during which he and his colleagues discuss the various young medical students and professionals they oversee, is particularly difficult.

“I break down and sob in the car on the way home,” says Dan, as he imagines what may never happen in his own daughter’s life: finishing college, pursuing a career, finding love, having her own family.

“Morgan,” says her father, choking up, “had not fulfilled her potential yet. It’s such a waste.”

Gil, a slip of a woman with strawberry blond hair in a ponytail, dressed in black, her face drawn, is also finding ways to cope, as well as ways to ensure that whatever happened to Morgan doesn’t destroy the rest of her family including the couple’s 22-year-old son, Alex, who lives in New York.

“We are being made into something different,” she says softly. “But I don’t want it to be something sour.”

As she talks, Christmas music plays softly in the background. While joyful melodies are typical household music in mid-December, here they underscore an internal struggle.

“I don’t want to celebrate,” says Gil, “but I want to acknowledge tradition, if nothing else.”

There is no Christmas tree here, but a plain green wreath hangs on the front door, adorned only with a yellow ribbon. It’s another compromise between a family tradition of making elaborate wreaths and an impulse to do nothing at all.

“We’re establishing a tradition of our new life,” says Gil. “I don’t want it to be that we batten down the hatches and say we won’t celebrate holidays ever again.”

With no new information in the case over the past several weeks, the national media spotlight has moved to other stories. But according to Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, Morgan’s case remains “very active” as police continue to follow up on approximately 600 tips, but none so far have allowed them to extend the official timeline past 9:30pm, when Morgan was seen by multiple witnesses with her thumb out, hitchhiking on the Copeley Road bridge.

Dan and Gil say they remain mystified by what could have happened to their daughter and by descriptions of her behavior, which reportedly included falling and injuring her face, kicking someone outside the Arena, and— in a new detail that Geller now confirms— repeatedly dropping her purse.

That last detail may help explain why various of Morgan’s belongings were found in a separate location near the place where the purse was discovered in the RV lot. “It was like they’d spilled out,” says Geller, maintaining that the intact purse showed no evidence of struggle.

“What happened in the bathroom seems critical,” says Gil, noting that when Morgan last saw the two friends with whom she attended the show, she told them she was going to the ladies room. “We don’t know if she took something or was given something. None of this makes sense,” says Gil, adding that Morgan had no history of getting in trouble for substance use or abuse.

To some, the silence of Morgan’s friends, who have almost entirely refrained from commenting to media outlets, seems questionable. But both Gil and Dan are adamant that Morgan’s friends should not be vilified, with Dan likening Morgan’s case to the “wrong leg being amputated in the ER.” Many factors, many mistakes by different people, he says, led to one devastating outcome.

“There is someone to blame,” he says: the person who took her.

“Someone should not be taken, raped and murdered,” he says. “That’s what we have to believe the bad outcome is here.”

Yet despite being forced to face that brutal possibility, the Harringtons, although constantly correcting themselves when they use the past tense to discuss Morgan, insist they have not given up hope. Morgan’s room remains untouched, her bed neatly made, a pair of Chuck Taylor hightops sit in her closet next to a pair of black stiletto ankle boots. The Harringtons are also keeping Morgan’s Blacksburg apartment, 35 minutes away, although they say her roommate, Amy Melvin, has moved out.

The Harringtons say they understand the quieting news cycle but wish attention could stay focused on finding Morgan. They mention the $150,000 reward and express hope someone will soon claim it.

“It’s time,” says Gil, “for someone to come forward.”

The absence of reporters calling and television crews setting up in their house is also leaving them with more time to absorb the horrific reality.

“How can we even be having this conversation? It’s absurd!” Dan suddenly exclaims during an interview, before falling silent, as though the surreality of what has happened is hitting him for the first time.

They reminisce about this past summer, when Morgan suddenly seemed more adult than child. They laughed together watching The Real Housewives of Orange County, took a beach trip, ate meals together.

“We call it the ‘miracle summer,’” says Gil, explaining the name doesn’t imply that there were problems before— only that Morgan had, after years as a friend-obsessed teenager, at last seemed genuinely interested in spending time with her parents and moving toward a relationship of equals.

“We didn’t know that in 20 years we were supposed to pack in a lifetime,” says Gil.

While Dan has his day-to-day work, Gil is looking ahead to a long-planned journey she’ll take this spring to Africa with the nonprofit Orphan Medical Network International, a group bringing medical supplies to impoverished villages. It’s her sixth such trip, and in her garage, she is assembling “birthing kits,” zip-lock baggies packed with items including a large piece of plastic, two pieces of string to tie off an umbilical cord, a sterile razor blade to cut the cord, and a towlette. The kits cost less than $1.50 to put together from Lowe’s, says Gil, yet they are prized possessions in a world where mothers deliver infants alone in huts and often perish from infection, leaving their babies to die of starvation. Knowing that she is not the only mother who suffers, and having seen other women’s suffering up close, helps her stave off self-pity.

“Even if I can’t find my child, save my girl,” says Gil, who imagines herself as an umbrella, protecting those she pulls close, “I’m going to make sure I’m saving someone.”

But she’s not ready to give up on Morgan.

“The hole that she leaves,” she says simply, “is unfillable.”
~
Anyone with information about Morgan Harrington’s disappearance is urged to call the Virginia State Police hotline at 434-352-3467. Anonymous tips are accepted.
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/12/18/holiday-heartache-harringtons-face-christmas-without-morgan/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #922 on: December 18, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »

Thank-you, I pray the family gets closure  an angelic monkey
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: December 18, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »

Quote from above article..

“I don’t want to celebrate,” says Gil, “but I want to acknowledge tradition, if nothing else.”

There is no Christmas tree here, but a plain green wreath hangs on the front door, adorned only with a yellow ribbon. It’s another compromise between a family tradition of making elaborate wreaths and an impulse to do nothing at all.

A sad reality for all familes who have missing loved ones..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: December 18, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »

From article...

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: December 18, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

From article...
I can't imagine 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: December 18, 2009, 06:50:47 PM »

Found this on Morgan's website.

Project Jason Keys to Healing Retreat
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5609428/14723375

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: December 19, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132271
WHIPLASH, AT WAR: Benefit Concert For Missing METALLICA Fan Postponed Due To Weather - Dec. 19, 2009
The previously announced hard rock and heavy metal concert to raise money to help in the search for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington has been potponed "due to a major snowstorm" in the area.

WHIPLASH, AT WAR and DANGEROUS NEW MACHINE were scheduled to take part in the event, which was supposed to be held tonight (Saturday, December 19) at the Canal Club in Richmond — more than two months after Morgan Harrington was last seen at a METALLICA concert in Charlottesville. All proceeds were meant to go to the Find Morgan Fund, which supports the Harrington family's ongoing search efforts.

A spokeswoman for the Harrington family issued the following statement: "Organizers DVS Artist Management & Marchant Entertainment are working with the Canal Club to reschedule the event and we will provide an update as soon as details are confirmed."

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: December 22, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

A nice compilation of pictures of Morgan here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9576645&op=4&o=global&view=global&subj=162224546575&id=505480153&fbid=289009860153

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: December 22, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Private-Investigations-Examiner~y2009m12d22-Help-find-Morgan-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman
Help find Morgan Harrington, missing young Virginia woman
December 22, 7:30 AMPrivate Investigations ExaminerAnn Flaherty

A young Virginia woman, named Morgan Harrington, went missing on 10-17-2009 while attending a Metallica concert. Now the case has gone cold and Morgan’s parents, Gil and Dan Harrington, long for answers.  I spoke with the Harrington’s Thursday night and it is apparent that they are suffering and that they are doing everything they can to bring their daughter home.  In the weeks to come, I will follow this case, chase any leads and ask you, the reader, to work with me on this case.  I urge you to visit the www.findmorgan.com website and review all the postings about this case.

In any missing person case, you first look at the facts surrounding the disappearance and I was able to obtain summaries of the events that led up to her disappearance.  The first is a summary compiled by Dan Harrington, Morgan’s father. The second, the official police summary prepared by the Virginia State Police.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: December 22, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »

From article above..
Dan Harrington’s summary:

At noon on October 17, 2009 Morgan and her roommate, Amy, left Roanoke in her 2006 Honda to travel 90 minutes north on I-81 to James Madison University (JMU).  At JMU, Morgan and Amy met up with Sarah and Dan (a friend’s BF) to travel 60 minutes east to Charlottesville, Va. Dan was the designated driver of Morgan’s vehicle. The group arrived in Charlottesville at 6:00 pm where they were to attend the Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

Two bands played before Metallica, Morgan was present for these sets. Before Metallica played, Morgan left the group to go to the rest room.  A witness reports seeing Morgan in bathroom upset/crying and it appeared as if she had been hit (she apparently fell and cut her chin).  At 8:20-8:30 she left the arena for unknown reason and was unable to gain reentry.

Outside the arena, Morgan had a phone conversation with Sarah inside the arena (battery still in phone) and Morgan stated she had been locked out of arena and was unable to gain reentry. Morgan told her friends she would find a ride home or call a friend.  No other phone calls were recorded. However, during this time she also texted a male friend in a town 60 miles away. That individual has been excluded as a person of interest in this case by the Virginia State Police.
8:20 - 8:48 p.m.– Morgan was seen in several areas immediately outside John Paul Jones Arena, possible including doors, and the side near University Hall.

9:00 - A witness reported seeing Morgan in front of the arena and recalled speaking with a female consistent with Morgan’s description.

9:00 - 9:10 – Morgan was seen walking, with her purse, through the University Hall parking area. There are several reports of her having had interactions with people - or of them having seen Morgan at various places in the parking lot outside of the arena. There were also reports of a woman seen dropping her purse.

9:10 - 9:20 – A woman, fitting Morgan’s description, was seen in the grassy overflow RV parking area at Lannigan Field.

9:20 – It is reported Morgan had an interaction with four University of Virginia basketball players in the University Hall parking lot.
9:20 - 9:30 – Morgan was sighted on the Copeley Road Bridge over the railroad tracks and reportedly was hitchhiking.

9:30 – This is the last verified sighting of Morgan Dana Harrington.

After the concert, Morgan’s friends waited for a significant amount of time – they never saw Morgan and left the venue returning back to JMU in Morgan’s car.

Early Sunday morning, Morgan’s purse was found by a passerby and was reported to the University of Virginia Police as "lost property".  Morgan’s purse had all of her belongings including: a wallet, debit card, ID, and a cell phone with the battery missing.

Sunday 12:30 - Morgan fail to show up at her parent’s house as expected (to study for Math test and to balance her checkbook). Morgan’s father, Dan Harrington begins calling the friends who accompanied Morgan to the concert.
12:40 - Dan Harrington reported Morgan missing to the University of Virginia Police.

The only trace of Morgan found inside or outside of the arena was her pocketbook.  Evidently, Morgan’s image was not picked up on security cameras, or other personal video recorders or personal cameras in or around venue. LE is still seeking any other available images from the public during this timeframe.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: December 22, 2009, 03:00:29 PM »

Official Virginia State police summary investigative Case #:  09-83020523  :

8:20 - 8:48 PM: Someone matching Morgan Harrington's description was seen outside John Paul Jones Arena parking lot by the ticket office and on the University Hall side.

•8:48 PM: Morgan calls a friend inside the arena, discusses trying to get back in. Tells her friend that she will get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville.

•8:48 - 9:00 PM: Morgan is still spotted outside the arena. Police say they have no indication she re-entered the building.

•9:00 - 9:10 PM: Someone matching Morgan's description was seen walking through the University Hall parking lot. Nobody saw her with someone, but there were other people walking in the same direction.
•9:10 - 9:20 PM: Someone matching Morgan's description was seen in the Lannigan Field parking area near the track. This parking lot is used for overflow parking for arena events. The person matching Morgan's description had limited interaction with people who were at the parking area.

•9:20 PM: The people who witnesses the person matching Morgan's description left the area.

•9:20 - 9:30 PM: The person matching Morgan's description was seen on the Copeley Road Bridge near Ivy Road. The last spotting of Morgan Harrington was at 9:30 PM near the intersection of Copeley Rd. and Ivy Rd.

Those are the facts as we know them.  My next column with concentrate on the new leads and the sightings that have been reported.  I spoke with private investigator Rick Smith, a former FBI Agent who handled the Polly Klaas kidnapping, here in California. He stated “These cases are always very difficult, but the chances of a successful outcome are greatly enhanced  with combined effort of law enforcement, community involvement, the media and the work of private investigators.”

Smith further states “No case better illustrates this type of cooperation  than the Polly Klaas case in Petaluma, CA. The community, The Petaluma PD, the FBI and particularly the media; kept that case in the public eye and although the outcome was tragic, it showed what private and public cooperation can accomplish.”
Just one tip can turn this case around and you can do so anonymously.  I am committed to following this story and working any leads until we find Morgan.

If you have any information you can contact the lead investigator with The Virginia State Police, Lt. Joe Rader, by calling the tip line at 434-352-3467 or email information to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov. The reward for any info leading to the wherabouts of Morgan now officially stands at $150,000.  You can also send tips through the www.findmorgan.com website, The Laura Recovery Center or by contacting our agency, The R.D.D.Detective Agency, at mailto:ratdogdetective@aol.com

~ Peter Frampton
Louisiana5487
Scared Monkey

« Reply #932 on: December 22, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

I am not completely savvy about this case - I have been spending most of my time in the Elizabeth Olten;s forum but this case freaks me out. I am close to her age and am always worried something like this will happen to someone I know. I am not old enough to lechture 20 year old but WHY IN YOUR RIGHT MIND WOULD YOU HITCHHIKE!! My parents would ground me even though I am 22!! haha So sad that a mistake like that could take her life Sad Poor girl and poor family. I know the holidays must be hard for them so everyone keep them in their prayers!!!

welcome louisiana! your picture is adorable!!! i am close to that age too, im 24... i doubt she actually was hitch hiking, it just doesnt sound right.  also, i saw that your signature is about eve carson, that was such a horrible situation Sad

thank you Smile and yes, Eve Carson's murder was terrible. She was a friend and will never be forgotten..

Rest in Peace, Eve Marie Carson
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: December 22, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »

http://breezejmu.org/2009/10/22/search-for-tech-student-continues/

Search For Tech Student Continues
October 22, 2009  •  By Katie Thisdell, The Breeze
 Print This Post
 Email This Post
If you have seen Harrington or know her whereabouts, call the 24-hour hotline: (434) 352-3467

HARRISONBURG, Va. — Though one of “The Nine” — best friends since elementary school — is still missing, Morgan Dana Harrington’s friends say they are doing everything they can to alert people of her disappearance and bring her home.

“That’s the most important thing: spreading the word fast and efficiently,” said JMU junior Jenna Testerman, one of the Virginia Tech student’s friends coordinating the search effort at JMU.

Harrington, 20, disappeared Saturday after going to a Metallica concert in Charlottesville with friends from JMU and U.Va., whom she was separated from.

State police Lt. Joe Rader said in a press conference Wednesday that the timeline for finding Harrington is critical, and despite more than 100 tips, none have led to any conclusive leads. State police have ended their ground search around the John Paul Jones Arena. Rader said there was no sign of a struggle where her purse and battery-less cell phone were found.

“We have a purse. We have a cellphone. We have a missing girl. Those are the facts,” Rader said. “We do not know whether she is alive or has met some kind of ill fate. It’s just that simple.”

Police have established a new 24-hour hotline for information: (434) 352-3467. A minimum $50,000 reward is being set up through Crimestoppers.

Friends are coordinating a vigil at 7 p.m. tonight at Northside High School in Roanoke. Testerman and other friends have forwarded e-mails and texts, saying the vigil is a “positive gathering open to all.” More than 24,000 people have joined a Facebook event to help find Harrington, posting their comments with prayers and hope.

“It’s like a thin air thing because they’ve been searching and have nothing,” Testerman said. “It’s a bigger drive to keep the word going.”

JMU Junior Morgan Nichols, a friend from kindergarten, said their close group will speak about the good times they remember and let Harrington know her friends want her to come home.

“I think it’ll give people more of a firsthand knowledge,” Nichols said. “By doing it in person, it’ll be a lot more real.”

Metallica posted a message on its Web site saying, “We are deeply concerned about the disappearance of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington, who was last seen while attending our concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA, on Saturday night.”

Nichols and Testerman said it has been difficult for their group to be split among Virginia’s colleges, but talking together, not just on the phone or through texts, will help.

“We’re just holding up strong, staying positive,” Nichols said.

And they say the ever-increasing attention helps. The story has been picked up by the Associated Press and broadcast on national networks, including CNN, CBS’ “Early Show” and ABC News. Harrington’s parents, Dan and Gil, appeared on HLN’s “Nancy Grace.” Testerman said Tuesday she’s been contacted by CBS and FOX News.

JMU student Sarah Snead attended the concert with Harrington and does not wish to speak with media.

Testerman said she’s also shared the story with her classes, despite the tears at first.

“I knew I had to do it for my friend because, she would do it for me, and she’s out there,” Testerman said.

Police said they have received dozens of leads but to no avail. Harrington apparently left the arena and was not allowed back in without her ticket.

Two users commented on the Facebook event that they had seen Harrington outside the arena around 9:30 p.m. Saturday. One said she was walking alone on the bridge on Alderman Road, while the other said she was walking away from the arena with four men wearing black T-shirts and jeans.

“It’s so hush-hush,” Testerman said about the lack of news from police, “but I think it’s like that when it’s fragile.”

Morgan was last seen in a black T-shirt with tan letters spelling “Pantera,” a black miniskirt, black tights and knee-high black boots. Harrington is 5-feet-6-inches and has long blond hair and blue eyes, and she weighs approximately 120 pounds.

For now, Testerman and Nichols are thinking about their friend, as the sleepovers, soccer practices and dance classes from when they were little girls gave way to the calls and texts as college students.

“She was so outgoing and bubbly and peppy and so much fun to be around,” Nichols said.
When Testerman learned Harrington was missing Sunday night, she said her first reaction was shock.

“I felt numb, like I was in a nightmare,” Testerman said. “I have all these emotions bottled up inside me.”
For Nichols now, the hardest thing is trying to sleep.

“Whenever I have a moment to relax, I think that Morgan is still out there, and I have to be doing something,” Nichols said.

That’s why she’s continuing the texts, e-mails and Facebook group and event invites.

“We didn’t think we’d get that much support,” Nichols said. “It keeps our hopes up.”

If you have seen Harrington or know her whereabouts, call the Virginia State Police hotline at (434) 352-3467.

Contact Katie Thisdell at thisdeke@jmu.edu.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: December 22, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »

The mystery male that drove the girls to the concert finally outed:

Comment by BlackPearl — December 22, 2009 @ 3:24 pm
OK, so I hate to post names because I understand that we put people under the microscope and how awful that can be if they are unrelated to this…but it’s the only way to unleash all of Blink’s flying monkeys (or mice, if you prefer) to do their investigating on the internet…so…

I checked out Dee’s friends on Facebook and there is a Dan Cassagne that attends JMU. Based on his Facebook profile he is friends with Amy Melvin, Sarah Snead, and Jen McDaniel.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
Dan Cassagne, was the driver. He has a brother John who is a teacher in Waynesboro, and his Dad runs the Hedge Fund circuit in NYC. The family is from Suffolk Cty NY. He is the boyfriend of Morgan Nichols, not Sarah Snead, fyi.

(for anyone taking this to another site, don’t do it if you can’t link it, them’s the rules.)
B

Start sniffing this trail, pups… I’ll return in a bit.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/12/16/morgan-harrington-case-virginia-state-police-on-new-search/#comment-1524780

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: December 23, 2009, 08:13:02 AM »

Thanks Lovin' 

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: December 23, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »

Thanks Lovin' 

Yes, thanks a lot for that info 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:31 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Private-Investigations-Examiner~y2009m12d23-Morgan-Harrington-missing-Virginia-woman

Morgan Harrington missing Virginia woman
December 23, 7:15 PMPrivate Investigations ExaminerAnn Flaherty
My previous column identified the facts, as we know them, about the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, on 10-17-2009.  Hundreds of leads have poured in; some credible, some quickly discounted.  In any missing person case, when scrutinizing a lead, you first look to the reportee of the lead and their credibility.  Then you look at the feasibility of the lead and whether the findings can be proven or substantiated by evidence or witness accounts.

Many of the leads given to law enforcement may appear to some, that they are not being actively investigated or that they are being invalidated.  The reality is, that many of these leads are being worked by law enforcement and we, as the general public, are not privy to their investigative findings.  Further, cases of this type quite often bring forth hundreds of tips from psychics, arm-chair detectives and from those that simply wish to have their 15 minutes of fame.  It is law enforcements job to weed through all these leads and determine which, if any, are credible.  It is a daunting task but I have no doubt that law enforcement is dedicated to following all credible leads and want nothing more than to bring Morgan home
safely.

So far approximately 600 tips have been given to law enforcement, some appear to indicate that Morgan is still alive while others suggest that Morgan may have been abducted or disappeared by her own choice.  On the Find Morgan web site, a forum was established to disseminate the latest information on the case.  It was one of the moderators of this forum, Kenny Jarels, who first contacted me about this case.  According to Jarels, the forum boasts 753 active members, 1128 registered members and there have been 7300+ posts, to date. Many of these postings are quite insightful and thought provoking, while others simply pray for Morgan’s safe return.  Clearly there are many caring people who want to help bring Morgan home.

Here is a synopsis of the reported sightings, within the first 24 hours of her disappearance:

·         A 44 year male reports that on the night of the Metallica concert, he saw a woman he believes to be Morgan, outside the arena. This female approached him, stuck her arm out and stated “Let’s go”  The male refused to take her arm which resulted in the female kicking him and cursing at him.  This male believes that Morgan may have been using him to regain entry to the concert.

·         A newspaper delivery woman reported a woman, who she believes is Morgan, coming out of a dorm room on UVA’s West Lawn at 3:45 AM, October 18, 2009.
A female reported seeing Morgan on Sunday, at Sheetz’s, a convenient store in Orange, VA, the morning following her disappearance.

The Sheetz sighting was reported by one of the forum members, Karen55.  I asked Karen55 for more information pertaining to the events that transpired that night and here is what she said:

I went to Sheetz's Oct 18th to get my Sunday paper as I always do. As I was going in, a blonde haired girl dressed in a short black mini skirt, black t-shirt and black knee high boots was coming out. She had her head down.
After I came out of the store, I noticed her standing by the trashcan just outside the door. The main thing that got my attention was the letters written on her shirt. I saw the letters Pant and did a double take to see if it was going to say Panteck( after the Panteck matrix phone my daughter had wanted). Well it said Pantera. There were no pictures, just the word. I did not see the back of the shirt. I didn't know what Pantera was , so didn't give it anymore thought.
It wasn't until I was reading the article of the girl missing and the description of her EXCACTLY fit the girl I saw. So what are the chances of a girl dressed exactly like that NOT being Morgan?
I also had the opportunity to communicate with one of the more prolific and dedicated members of the forum, known as “baadbobby”.  Bobby relayed to me some interesting information regarding two purported sightings of Morgan, at different hotels.  Here is one of the forum postings that lead Bobby to the Hampton Inn in Baltimore.

“Bonnie says:
November 13, 2009 at 4:37 pm

My daughter and I were in Baltimore at the Hampton Inn on Nov 7-8. A young girl about Morgan’s description approached us and struck up a conversation. She was pretty battered up. I did not notice this, but my daughter did. Later that night, there was a commotion outside of our room. When we checked out later that morning, the same young girl was behind us with fresh wounds to her face. I got the serious willies. It was as though she was trying to reach out, trying to make herself noticeable to anyone who would listen or notice her. I did not think anything of it until later that day on the way home. Her presence and demeanor was haunting.
Another note – we heard her mention her room number, it was right next to ours. I don’t know if this helps, but it could.”

“baadbobby”:

Hampton Inn sighting(s)...

The week before Thanksgiving, someone on the findmorgan forums pointed out that someone mentioned seeing a girl that looked like Morgan. This original post went undetected for about 1 week because it was posted in a comment section after one of Gil Harrinton's blogs. Well, this original poster has never availed to the board since, and we don't know if LE has got a hold of him/her either. The post said that the poster was staying at a Hampton Inn in Baltimore on the weekend of November 7/8. While at the hotel, (s)he had an encounter with a young lady who was fairly badly bruised about the face, this young lady made a point to tell her room number, which was right beside the poster. Later in the stay, the poster heard a commotion out in the hallway, took a look, and the same young lady was involved in some sort of altercation, which was quickly moved back into the hotel room. The poster realized some days later, that girl resembled Morgan. There are a ton of Hampton Inns in the Baltimore Metro area; the poster never said which one.

Bobby also relayed to me his volunteer efforts in tracking down yet another purported sighting at the Eco-Lodge in Charlottesville, VA.

Econo-Lodge sighting...

Upon arriving in Charlottesville late Friday night (November 6) I let my GPS guide me to Copeley St. I rode around the parking lots, slowly past the dark and gated RV/Overflow lot, and across the infamous bridge. It was eerie, but I can deal. I keyed in "lodging" on the GPS, went to the first inexpensive sounding place:

Econo Lodge University
400 Emmet Street North
Charlottesville, VA 22903

It would be about a 5-10 minute walk from John Paul Jones Arena.

Upon checking in, I couldn't get the key to work to the first room (101), the second room had no power (202), and when the clerk handed me the key for a third try (102), she made a chilling comment. The clerk knew I was in town for the search party as I had asked for a discounted rate, she said, in reference to room 102, "...that's the room where that girl was partyin' with those boys that night." When I asked "Morgan Harrington?" she said "yeah, my co-worker swears she seen that girl in that room with them boys that night..." The clerk eluded to the Morgan looking girl as being very intoxicated, falling down drunk.

I called in the tip to the tipline, and e-mailed the information as well.

My next article will focus on the many insights posted on the Internet about this case, in the hopes of promoting further discussions.  Who knows, it may just awaken someone who may unknowingly be holding information about this case.

Just one tip can turn this case around and you can do so anonymously.   
If you have any information you can contact the lead investigator with The Virginia State Police, Lt. Joe Rader, by calling the tip line at 434-352-3467 or email information to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov. The reward for any info leading to the wherabouts of Morgan now officially stands at $150,000.  You can also send tips through the www.findmorgan.com website, The Laura Recovery Center or by contacting our agency, The R.D.D.Detective Agency, at mailto:ratdogdetective@aol.com

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/

http://www.findmorgan.com

http://www.lrcf.org/

http://www.ratdogdick.com

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=162224546575

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: December 24, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »

Please light a candle for Morgan.   an angelic monkey
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6498.0

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: December 24, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »

" reference to room 102, "...that's the room where that girl was partyin' with those boys that night. "

what boys ? who was the room rented too?
basket ball players ? 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.