March 28, 2024, 02:02:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749152 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1220 on: January 28, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

It is winter.. the grass is low, plus animals eat.

and the one area has been grid searched.. That is why you see a pattern, each square was searched and the dirt screened looking for the smallest possible item for evidence.

I am very surprised helicopter did not see her black clothes but 101 days ago the hay could have been very tall..

I do believe she was chased or walked to this location..

The "movie guy" likes the idea of chase.. I am not making an accusation but more just an observation.

One way or the other nobody would hear her scream from this spot on the face of our Earth.

I hate to think of what happened to her..
pisses me off.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1221 on: January 28, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »

NOTICE:

Please be advised that no arrests have been made by police in the Morgan Harrington case, nor have any suspects been named. These rumors are unfounded and untrue.

Light a Candle for Morgan

Morgan lit up a room when she walked in. Her presence embodied love and light to all she met.

To honor Morgan and to show our support and love for Dan, Gil and Alex, there will be a candlelight vigil beginning at 7:00 pm, Friday, January 29, 2010.

If you are in the Roanoke area, you are invited to join friends and family gathering outside the Harrington’s home. And for others, please light a candle and join us in spirit and in thought, embracing the light and love of Morgan Harrington.

I love you too much, forever and once more.

http://findmorgan.com/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1222 on: January 28, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »

It is winter.. the grass is low, plus animals eat.

and the one area has been grid searched.. That is why you see a pattern, each square was searched and the dirt screened looking for the smallest possible item for evidence.

I am very surprised helicopter did not see her black clothes but 101 days ago the hay could have been very tall..

I do believe she was chased or walked to this location..

The "movie guy" likes the idea of chase.. I am not making an accusation but more just an observation.

One way or the other nobody would hear her scream from this spot on the face of our Earth.

I hate to think of what happened to her..
pisses me off.

TY for the explanation, Edward.  Makes sense to me.   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1223 on: January 28, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »

Cece,thanks for the updates.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »

NOTICE:

Please be advised that no arrests have been made by police in the Morgan Harrington case, nor have any suspects been named. These rumors are unfounded and untrue.

Morgan lit up a room when she walked in. Her presence embodied love and light to all she met.

To honor Morgan and to show our support and love for Dan, Gil and Alex, there will be a candlelight vigil beginning at 7:00 pm, Friday, January 29, 2010.

If you are in the Roanoke area, you are invited to join friends and family gathering outside the Harrington’s home. And for others, please light a candle and join us in spirit and in thought, embracing the light and love of Morgan Harrington.

I love you too much, forever and once more.

http://findmorgan.com/

To light a candle for Morgan:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Morga

(TY Trimm)  an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1225 on: January 28, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »

Cece,thanks for the updates.   an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1226 on: January 28, 2010, 05:46:20 PM »

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-harrington-profiler-100128,0,1679852.story

The Search for Morgan Harrington's Killer
Criminal profiler: Location where body was dumped is crucial.

Catie Beck Staff reporter

January 28, 2010

State Police finish their search of an Albemarle Farm where the body of Morgan Harrington was found earlier this week.

Investigators were in a race against time, combing the area for evidence, before the winter storm expected to hit Virginia arrived this weekend.

The state medical examiner has positively identified the remains of Morgan Harrington, but hasn't said how or when she died.

Today, one of the most respected criminal profilers in the country talks to CBS 6 about what the crime scene can reveal about a suspect.

Greg McCrary says, "We look at all the behavior than an offender does. He has to make many many choices and body disposal is one of those important choices."

Harrington's skeletal remains were found by a farmer Tuesday on a remote area of his 700 acre property, almost a mile and a half from any roadway. Harrington's father says he's always contended the killer lives in Charlottesville and knew the area.

McCrary says Dan Harrington could be right. He says, "Under that sort of pressure people tend to go to places they are comfortable with and familiar with."

McCrary highlights another detail. He says Morgan Harrington was more likely abducted rather than a theory that she willingly accepted a ride from a stranger on the University of Virginia Campus. He says her abandoned cell phone and purse tell investigators that there was likely a struggle.

He says, "Maybe she decided, 'Oh, I don't really want to do this, this is not really where I want to go. I don't want to get in this car,' and they decided , 'no, you're going.'"

Police will be looking at these same clues to narrow their suspect scope to who is most likely to have done this.

McCrary says, "All of those things tell us a little bit about who this person or the areas they are comfortable or familiar with."

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1227 on: January 28, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »

(bringing over from facebook):

Dan Harrington 
I wanted folks to know that GIl and I will be on Jane Velez Mitchell and Nancy Grace tonight. In addition, we will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning. We want to honor Morgan and raise the awareness of the need for respect and safety for all.
about an hour ago ·

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=162224546575

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1228 on: January 28, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »

this is a RUMOR, and again, i dunno if it could be true..but if it is then it makes  alot of sense..i read this over on the find morgan forum...

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2090

it basically says that morgan had an argument with an ex on oct 16th and this ex is known to be violent and is a hunter and lives around the charlottesville area.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1229 on: January 28, 2010, 08:24:24 PM »

this is a RUMOR, and again, i dunno if it could be true..but if it is then it makes  alot of sense..i read this over on the find morgan forum...

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2090

it basically says that morgan had an argument with an ex on oct 16th and this ex is known to be violent and is a hunter and lives around the charlottesville area.
Oh no, that is interesting 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1230 on: January 29, 2010, 06:48:33 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/spot_where_harrington_body_found_scrutinized/51599/
Spot where Harrington body found scrutinized
By Ted Strong
Published: January 28, 2010
The best way to access the location where missing Virginia Tech student Morgan D. Harrington’s body was found is across a neighboring property, according to the Albemarle County farmer who found her remains.

“A lot of my neighbors who are outdoors people have said to me that they think the most logical entrance is from Blandemar Farm subdivision,” Dave Bass said.

The area, Blandemar Farm Estates, is a collection of large homes on cul-de-sacs, surrounded by vast expanses of clipped grass.

Bass said he saw police drive a car across that grass and through a neighbor’s hayfield to access a fence line near where the body was found on his farm. The farm is west of U.S. 29, near its intersection with Red Hill Road, about 5.5 miles south of Interstate 64.

“The easiest way by public road, even in a car, not an SUV or pickup or tractor, would be what I just described,” he said. “There is a barbed wire fence, but you couldn’t get to that place without crossing creeks or barbed wire fences.”

Harrington, 20, went missing after she left a Metallica concert held at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena on Oct. 17. Bass discovered her remains Tuesday.

Bass, who lives on the farm with his wife and daughter, said they don’t get many trespassers, and it likely would have been difficult to sneak past the two homes — his and his daughter’s — on the road into his farm.

“It would be difficult for someone to pass either home without being noticed, but, you know, I’m not different than you. I don’t sit at the window all day looking for trespassers,” he said.

Anyone who did draw notice would be in a bind because of the long drive back out, he said. He didn’t see anything the night Harrington went missing, he said.
There is some illegal spotlighting of deer near the Hardware River, he said.

Relatively few people come onto the farm, he said.

“I don’t have any employees,” he said. “I do the farm myself, and … you know, we have the normal people that would come on any residential property to fix your air conditioning or your heating or your plumbing,” he said.

He said four hunters have permission to hunt the farm, and their names have been given to police.

He has also spoken at length with investigators, he said.

“I’ve spent a lot of time talking with them,” he said. “I don’t know if it helped them much. I tried.”

The area where the body was discovered was initially reported by police to be a hayfield. It was, in fact, a pasture with particularly tall grass, Bass said.

“It’s a creek bottom, and the grass grows real well, even though I bushhog it,” he said.

He added, “The only reason I think I saw it was the heavy deep snow.”

By the time the more than 20 inches of snow the region received in December melted, it had matted down tall grass all across the region.

In the particular pasture where Harrington was found, the grass had been at least knee-high, Bass said. He saw the remains because he was on a tractor, several feet off the ground, he said.

Bass initially thought the body was a deer, but when he saw what appeared to be a human skull, along with fingers and toes, he knew he had to call police, he said.

Virginia State Police still have no suspects, state police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said.
A rumor that circulated midday Thursday that police had made an arrest was unfounded, she said.

They’re also waiting on the medical examiner’s office for cause and time of death, she said.

Geller confirmed that police had finished examining the area where the remains were found by midday.

“Now that we’ve finished that part of the collection process at the scene, … we move into the analysis stage,” she said.

Bass praised the work he has seen police do.

“They’re very professional in my opinion, and I think they’ve done a fine job out here in terms of finding whatever they could and eliminating other alternatives, so I give them credit,” Bass said. “Now they’ve got to analyze what they’ve come up with from the medical examiner and from the site work, and hopefully for all of our sakes find some answers.”

Geller said police are examining a host of theories about what they presume is a homicide.

“Everything is open to consideration at this point,” she said.

Virginia State Police are still looking for tips at 352-3467.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1231 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:21 AM »

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/234710

Metallica posts condolences after fan Morgan Harrington's body found
Friday, January 29, 2010
Associated Press

RICHMOND -- Metallica has posted condolences on its Web site to the family and friends of Morgan Harrington, a fan whose remains were found three months after she disappeared while attending the band's concert in Charlottesville.

The remains of the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student were found this week in a farm field about 10 miles from John Paul Jones Arena, where the band played Oct. 17. The cause of her death has not been determined.

In a statement posted Wednesday on Metallica's Web site, the band said it was "profoundly saddened" by the discovery of Harrington's remains and said its thoughts are with her parents, Gil and Dan Harrington.

Metallica had previously used its Web site to publicize the search for Morgan and the band contributed $50,000 to a reward fund.

-- Associated Press

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1232 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »

Candlelight vigil for Morgan Harrington Friday
WSLS NEWS STAFF
Published: January 29, 2010
Updated: January 29, 2010
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment

From findmorgan.com

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/candlelight_vigil_for_morgan_harrington_friday/77713/

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1233 on: January 29, 2010, 06:56:40 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/28/ijvm.01.html
Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell 01/28/10

~ Peter Frampton
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1234 on: January 29, 2010, 08:27:13 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with the Harrington family.  This is nothing any family should have to go through.  Some things about this really puzzle me.  Last night on HLN they say that she had consumed alcohol and had fallen several times at the concert.  I can't help but wonder if she had some type of head injury due to one of the falls.  This might explain her behaviour as I know she was so looking forward to the concert that night.  I would think she and her friends would have desperately tried to get her back in?  Could someone have offered to give her a ride and she might have had a seizure or something?  The person panicked?  I know the autopsy will show this but it's just a thought.  I think we as parents need to emphasize the buddy system more. Her friends must be dealing with a lot of guilt now and it's all so sad. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1235 on: January 29, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20340261,00.html
Morgan Harrington's Parents Grateful for Closure

By Stephen M. Silverman

Friday January 29, 2010 08:40 AM EST
As police continue their hunt for the perpetrator or perpetrators responsible for the death of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, her parents, Gil and Daniel Harrington appeared on Friday's Today show and, from their Roanoke, Va., home, spoke with remarkable focus and grace about their loss.

Specifically, they stressed the sense of closure they now feel with the discovery of their daughter's remains, which had been found in a Virginia hayfield this week following her Oct. 17 disappearance from a Metallica concert.

"This has been a horrific three months," said Daniel Harrington, "and this is not the end that we wanted, but closure is really important. There is some peace we have at this point. We are very sad, and obviously we would love for our daughter to be alive. But closure is very important."

"I has been like a wound," said Gil Harrington, "a huge wound. But until this point, it had been a festering wound that could not heal. You know, we still have a healing to do, but it's possible because, having recovered our daughter's body gives us peace. I know no one is hurting her now, that she is beyond pain."

At the site of the discovery, Morgan's mother has used the expression "lovely bones" to describe her daughter. To Today's Meredith Vieira, she explained, "I have reviewed images of my daughter from her pre-natal ultrasounds to looking at her empty eye sockets of her cranium. Yes, I have seen … lovely bones. Lovely girl."

With police treating the case as a homicide, Gil Harrington also noted that while her husband seeks justice and punishment for whomever is responsible, that is not her own chief desire. She simply wants the perpetrator to be caught, for safety measures, to prevent other victims and survivors from suffering the pain.

From Today Show     http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/18424824#18424824

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »

01/29/10
From Today Show     http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/18424824#18424824

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1237 on: January 29, 2010, 09:30:32 AM »

Thank-you so much for all the updates
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1238 on: January 29, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »

Thank-you so much for all the updates
Yes, thank you Trimm for all that you do.   

I saw Mr. & Mrs. Harrington on the Today Show.  My what pillars of strenth they are.  I would be a complete wreck.  Really stand up people, prayers for them now that Morgan is at peace.   an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1239 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »

Good morning everyone & TY for the updates.  The Harringtons are truly amazing people. 

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/local/article/morgan_harringtons_parents_believe_killer_remains_at_large_in_cville_area/51315/

Morgan Harrington’s parents believe killer remains at large in C’ville area
Media General News Service
Published: January 29, 2010

The parents of slain Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington described a “horrific” three months this morning and said the killer likely remains at large in the Charlottesville area.

Appearing from Roanoke on NBC’s “Today” show, Dan and Gil Harrington also said that with the identification of their daughter’s remains found Tuesday in a remote hayfield about seven miles from the University of Virginia, the process of closure can begin.

“It has been like a wound, a huge wound, but until this point it has been a festering wound that could not heal,“ said Morgan’s mother, Gil. “I know that no one is hurting her now. She is beyond pain.“

Dan Harrington, Morgan’s father, said that the remains were found in an area inaccessible by vehicle, another factor making it appear likely that the killer lives in the Charlottesville area.

“The community needs to be aware there’s a perpetrator out there who needs to be caught,“ he said. Gil Harrington said the killer has likely hurt others, noting that murder is “not an entry level into a life of crime.“

The Harringtons also discussed their trip to Washington to meet with lawmakers to urge support for the National Center for Missing Adults. They said that while there are resources available for families of missing children, there is “no template” for the loved ones of young adults.

Police are investigating the case as a homicide. Morgan went missing after attending a Metallica concert at U.Va.‘s John Paul Jones Arena on Oct. 17.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.