March 28, 2024, 03:12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749040 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1500 on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/84731632.html

February 18, 2010

Dan and Gil Harrington visited Charlottesville Thursday to meet with police.

Investigators continue to look for the killer of their daughter, Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, and her parents are making it clear they think that person is in Charlottesville.

The Harringtons say it will take several months for the medical examiner to finish analyzing the DNA and toxicology results found at the scene. They are visited the Copely Road Bridge with determination and resolve following their meeting with police for an update.

"There is a bad guy here in Charlottesville who knows the region, who specifically knows the area around Anchorage Farm," Dan Harrington said.

Morgan has been laid to rest in Roanoke, but investigators are still analyzing Morgan's DNA. The Harringtons say it will take five to six months for toxicology results.

Her parents continue to come to grips with what happened. Gil Harrington wore the bracelet her daughter had on when she was found.

"It's as if you've had an amputation," Gil Harrington said. "And perhaps you learn to write with the non-dominant arm, but you never forget you're missing your right arm."

The Harringtons said they will continue coming back to the Copely Road Bridge, the last place Morgan was seen alive, until they find justice.

"Evil just amazes me, that we have it around us, I guess," Dan Harrington said. "But we need to find the person that did this, and you may get tired and not come anymore, but this [memorial] ain't going away. This will be here until Morgan finds justice."

The Harringtons want to keep the memorial at the bridge going for as long as they can.

Gil Harrington wrote a poem filled with poignant words from a mother's heart addressed to whoever took her daughter's life.

Morgan, Music Fan
by Gil Harrington

Our girl wanted to go out and dance
Didn't know she took such a chance
Just wanted to be part of the scene
Didn't know people could be so damn mean
That anyone would want to hurt her
He was checking the scene planning a murder
EVIL lurking, around the periphery
To kill and vanquish her beauty
EVIL like killed Lennon, King, JFK
Decided to take out a girl on that day
And threw her like refuse in a field of hay
Now I have felt the heft of her skull in my palm
An abomination for any mom
Your crime and your EVIL fill me with rage
We will not rest til you're locked in a cage
We will catch you, I know that we can
We're after you--me and Dan
So other girls will be safe on the street
To follow the music
To follow the beat

Monkeys will be standing silently beside you, Harringtons, until justice is done.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1501 on: February 19, 2010, 07:31:04 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/dna_tests_under_way_on_body_harringtons_reveal_in_city_visit/52489/
DNA tests under way on body, Harringtons reveal in city visit
By Ted Strong
Published: February 18, 2010
Experts have enough tissue from Morgan D. Harrington to conduct several tests, though those tests could take many months, the parents of the slain college student said Thursday.

They made the statement after coming to Charlottesville to speak with police about the search for their daughter’s killer, addressing a small gathering of media on the bridge where their daughter was last reported alive.

According to the parents, officials are performing toxicology and DNA tests.

“You have to reconstitute them to then do your chemical assays on,” Gil Harrington, Morgan’s mother, said.

Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, disappeared after leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena in October.

The last reports police have of her alive indicate she was hitchhiking on the Copeley Road railroad bridge.
In January, an Albemarle County farmer found her remains in a pasture.

At the bridge, the Harringtons took several symbolic actions. Together, they cut away the three yellow ribbons — one for each month their daughter was missing — that they had tied on a pole. They will leave a black ribbon until her killer is found, they said.

Gil Harrington also displayed a bracelet that she had given her daughter. It was recovered with her remains.

“It wasn’t even a robbery,” Dan Harrington, her father, said.

The Harringtons said they have found some closure since their daughter’s funeral but know that life will never be the same.

“It’s as if you have had an amputation. … You never forget that you’re missing your right arm,” Gil Harrington said.

She said she’s been writing poetry to help her cope. She read one of her poems, which included the lines “Threw her like refuse in a field of hay” and “Now I have felt the heft of her skull.”

Dan Harrington said it’s important for community members to continue to help police with the case.

“There is a bad guy here in Charlottesville,” he said.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller referred all questions on scientific matters to the state medical examiner’s office, which could not be reached Thursday evening.

She said police continue to receive tips and conduct interviews.

A recent call for bicyclists who ride in the area where the body was discovered to contact authorities was instituted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation as part of a blanket call for information and not in response to any specific intelligence, Geller said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1502 on: February 19, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »

Parents meet with police    video
http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4555892&autostart=true

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1503 on: February 19, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »

Thank-you for all the updates.      The Harringtons said they have found some closure since their daughter’s funeral but know that life will never be the same.

“It’s as if you have had an amputation. … You never forget that you’re missing your right arm,” Gil Harrington said.  an angelic monkey   Does it usually take five to six months to get DNA results on someone's remains?
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1504 on: February 19, 2010, 10:29:08 AM »

I am of the opinion that Morgan was murdered. She did not wander off and die of exposure or drug od. I firmly believe there were signs of blunt force trauma to her skull or gunshot ...

The perp(s) are predators and I hope and pray LE is onto them.

Prayers for Morgan's family.

I remember you, Caylee.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1505 on: February 19, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »

I am of the opinion that Morgan was murdered. She did not wander off and die of exposure or drug od. I firmly believe there were signs of blunt force trauma to her skull or gunshot ...

The perp(s) are predators and I hope and pray LE is onto them.

I don't believe she wandered off and died of exposure either, too secluded and wouldn't make sense in that area.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1506 on: February 19, 2010, 01:47:54 PM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/02/19/morgan-harringtons-parents-say-killer-will-be-found/
Morgan Harrington's Parents Say Killer Will Be Found
Posted on Feb 19th 2010 12:00PM by Chris Harris
Dan and Gil Harrington, the parents of murdered Metallica fan Morgan Harrington, held a brief press conference on Feb. 18 at Charlottesville, Va.'s Copeley Bridge, where Morgan was last seen after disappearing from a Metallica concert at nearby John Paul Jones Arena, to warn the perpetrators that they will be caught. Its just a matter of time, they said.

The Harringtons, according to reports, met with police this week to get an update on their daughter's case and told reporters that DNA tests conducted on her remains will likely take five to six months before they provide information about her death. The Harringtons say they will not give up until their daughter's killers are behind bars.

During the press conference, Gil Harrington distributed cards from her daughter's memorial service along with copies of a poem called 'Morgan, Music Fan.' Lines from the poem include: "He was checking the scene, planning a murder" and "Now I have felt the heft of her skull in my palm."

Police, the Harringtons said, are convinced the killer or killers live close to where Morgan's body was found, just 10 miles south of where she disappeared, and they're convinced justice will be meted out. "There is a bad guy here in Charlottesville," Dan Harrington said. "Students and citizens need to be aware of their surroundings and not make themselves unsafe."
Richmond's medical examiner has ruled Morgan's death a homicide, and now, the Harringtons know more specifically how their daughter died. Asked if police had shared her cause of death, the Harringtons paused and looked at each other before replying. "That," said Dan, "you'd need to get from the police." State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller declined comment, citing toxicology tests results which have not been returned.

During the press conference, Dan Harrington reflected on the senselessness of the crime, noting how his daughter wasn't even robbed. "He didn't even want her jewelry," he said, adding his belief that Morgan's death was a sexual assault that "ended up in her murder." Gil Harrington now wears the silver bracelet her daughter Morgan was wearing when she died, which was recovered from the scene where her remains were discovered, in a desolate hay field.

"Her killer is to blame," the Harringtons said. "This ain't going to end until Morgan finds justice.

~ Peter Frampton
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1507 on: February 19, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »

So DNA is for a possible rape?  Toxicology to see if she was possibly drugged?  That part I'm not sure about.  We know she was potentially drinking and/or doing something so maybe they are looking for some sort of date rape drug?  The Harringtons wording leads me to believe she was raped and killed.

As for asking cyclists to remember I think maybe drag marks or path marks in high grass by the road side?  It would be noted more if the tall grass was going uphill and there are path marks IMO.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1508 on: February 20, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »

I still have a theory that this is someone who lives nearby and was dropping off other concert goers and hung in the parking lot saw an opportunity and took it.   Later they needed to be back at that concert to pick those same people up again.  Like a local parent of teens or boyfriend dropping of girls for "girls night out"?  Maybe it's too neat and tidy but they would know the farm and where to park for disposal and schedule of the farm and they would have already cased the parking lot at the stadium and could have easily known where to toss her purse and cellphone so that it would not be noticed until much later.  This person could have hiden Morgan in the trunk that night and went back later.

The perp clearly thought some things through like the cellphone battery and the purse tossed back at the lot where Morgan had supposedly been talking to the BB players.  Her body placed in a field that wouldn't be tended to for awhile but yet out where eventually it could be found.  All almost as if playing a game of catch me if you can IMO.

Thanks for listening Monkeys. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1509 on: February 22, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/02/22/state-tests-harrington-remains/
State tests Harrington remains
Forensic Science department begins toxicology analysis on body found last month; police officials hope results will provide further clues to ongoing investigation
Kate Colwell, Cavalier Daily Senior Associate Editor

Featured / News
February 22, 2010
Medical examiners are now analyzing the remains of Morgan Dana Harrington, the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student whose body was found Jan. 26 on Anchorage Farm, about 10 miles south of where she had last been seen on the Copeley Road Bridge.

The cause of Harrington’s death has yet to be determined, but the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has submitted samples to the Department of Forensic Science for toxicology studies, said Steve Murman, the office’s district administrator. The results of these studies usually return after 8-12 weeks, he said. It will take five to six months before the medical examiner can then release the DNA analysis, Harrington’s parents said.

Though the information gained from these studies might not be conclusive, it still should contribute to the investigation.

“In all medical examiner cases, we try to obtain as much information as we can from third-party sources such as hospital medical records and police reports along with other specialized tests such as toxicology studies,” Murman said.

Although state police members continuously are receiving tips, they have not been able to verify any new information during the past two weeks.

“As far as state police is concerned, there’s nothing new to release related to the investigation,” State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller said.

Police officers are looking specifically for people who know about the area around Anchorage Farm, said Dan Harrington, the father of the deceased.

“It’s not a place that anyone would know unless they’re familiar with that specific area,” he said.

Nevertheless, officials are looking at the case from all angles so that they can obtain as much information as they can, Murman said.

Anyone with information about Harrington’s disappearance should contact the Virginia State Police tip-line at (434)352-3467, officials said. Tips can be e-mailed to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov, as well.

Placards for Morgan Harrington on Copeley Bridge, where she was last seen alive, exemplify community outrage about the Virginia Tech student’s murder. Officials hope testing will provide clues. Photo by Albin Oh.

~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1510 on: February 22, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

Still here. Still waiting. The guilty parties still walking free.

I remember you, Caylee.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1511 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:18 AM »

All her supposed friends disgustingly silent...

Like silence of the lamb.

Poor Morgan.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1512 on: February 22, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

I am of the opinion that someone placed a date rape drug in her drink that evening.

Her behavior was similar to others this has happened to..but unlike the Morgan her family knows and loves.  I think this may account for the loopy walking all around the building, the talking to groups of guys and the hitchhiking on the bridge.  I never believed the HH part..but if a date rape drug was used..that makes people very compliant..almost like a zombie..then she may have been told to go to the bridge and hitchhike.  Someone wanted this to look like a wild runaway night for her..when in fact it appears well thought out to end in her rape and murder.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1513 on: February 22, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from February 22, 2010
On February - 22 - 2010

February 22, 2010

I loved it that our friend/neighbor/funeral director personally retrieved Morgan’s remains from the Medical Examiner in Richmond.  He told me that when they had arrived in Roanoke, he drove to our home and parked outside and opened the vehicle’s windows to let Morgan’s spirit return home.  I was very moved by this story.

Our community has been so supportive, our neighborhood has been festooned with a semaphore of support with ribbons: first yellow to bring Morgan home and keep hope alive and once it was clear she was not alive changing to black.  Now that she is here and honored, I have taken those ribbons down and left one spring-colored green ribbon on our tree to show that we are capable of, and intend to grow through this experience.

Formula for survival = Love more than you fear or hurt and eventually love will prevail.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1514 on: February 22, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »

I am of the opinion that someone placed a date rape drug in her drink that evening.

Her behavior was similar to others this has happened to..but unlike the Morgan her family knows and loves.  I think this may account for the loopy walking all around the building, the talking to groups of guys and the hitchhiking on the bridge.  I never believed the HH part..but if a date rape drug was used..that makes people very compliant..almost like a zombie..then she may have been told to go to the bridge and hitchhike.  Someone wanted this to look like a wild runaway night for her..when in fact it appears well thought out to end in her rape and murder.

I agree..What is worse ?
 She was drugged or took GHB herself while around her friends. Yes while she was INSIDE the concert area.
Her friends appear to be a bunch of drunks and drug addicts.
The lack of concern puts an exclamation point on it.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1515 on: February 23, 2010, 07:16:49 AM »

I never blieved the HH part either. 
I could see things happening just as you described.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: February 23, 2010, 07:19:43 AM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/15098/harrington-family-friends-to-raise-money-with-wristbands

Harrington family, friends to raise money with wristbands
Monday, February 22, 2010; 11:42 PM | 1 | ShareThis | Print
by Gordon Block, news reporter
Friends of slain Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington are preparing the sale of wristbands to raise money in her name for charity.

The purple and green wristbands will feature Harrington’s name, a heart, and “241,” representing the family’s slogan, “I love you too much, forever, once more.” The wristbands are tentatively priced at $4. Proceeds from sales of the bands will be donated to
Orphan Medical Network International.

Erin Cole, a junior communication major at Tech, graduated from high school with Harrington.

“We wanted to do something to contribute to a cause she believed in,” Cole said.

Noting the success of wristbands such as the Livestrong bracelets for cancer research, Cole said wristbands “were the perfect thing to do for Morgan.”

Tony Liskey, a junior civil engineering major, spent $150 of his own money to create the initial order of 300 bracelets.

Liskey serves as the administrator of a Facebook group organizing information about the bands.

The group, titled “Morgan Harrington bracelets” had 1,112 members as of 8 p.m. yesterday.

“We’re not sure if everybody’s looking to buy the wristband, but it shows they care about the cause,” Cole said. “We’re going to try our hardest to get these out to everybody.”
Plans are still underway to sell the bracelets in Blacksburg and the Roanoke area.

Liskey said he has talked with administrators about potentially selling the bracelets either on the Drillfield or in Squires Student Center.

Liskey said he hoped sales from the initial run of wristbands would generate around $1,000.

Harrington, a junior education major, went missing on Oct. 17, 2009 while attending a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena. Her body was uncovered Jan. 27, 2010 at a farm approximately 10 miles from the arena.

The Harrington family announced in early February the formation of a scholarship in Morgan’s name to benefit the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.

The Harrington family designated donations be made to the scholarship, along with OMNI.

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1517 on: February 23, 2010, 01:15:30 PM »

I would really like to have one.  I hope someone lets us know how to get one.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1518 on: February 23, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »

Morgan Harrington bracelets

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=288028090558#!/group.php?v=info&gid=288028090558

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1519 on: February 23, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »

This may be a repeat:

In Loving Memory of Morgan Dana Harrington
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sak7yr7hHNg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Sak7yr7hHNg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.