March 28, 2024, 04:08:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749047 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1540 on: February 28, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »

Cece,that photo of Morgan and her Father at the end made me cry.   
Prayers for the Harrington family.   an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1541 on: February 28, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »

Thank you Cece.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1542 on: March 01, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 1, 2010
On March - 1 - 2010
March 1, 2010

I took some baby steps this week and started the breakdown of Morgan’s apartment at Virginia Tech.  It is a painful process to dismantle your child’s life, especially when I recall all the joy and expectation we had when we moved her in only 18 months ago.

Morgan’s apartment was great; comfortable, quirky and fun.  She was the girl who had everything: a great apartment, friends, intelligence and beauty.  The only thing she had in limited supply was life – what a short life.  What a tremendous waste.

Even thinking of that waste makes my breath choppy – I am only taking baby steps because it is so very difficult and also because I want to go slowly and savor this dismembering of the home Morgan had made.  You can learn a lot about someone when you see the environment they create and how they live in it.  It makes me happy and proud to see just how on top of things and how together Morgan’s way of living was.

I take my time; enjoy these glimpses of the person she was becoming.  Morgan was pretty special at the young age of 20, given the chance to actually grow up she was going to be absolutely phenomenal.  Why couldn’t it be?

2 4 1

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1543 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:42 AM »

Forgot the link.  http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-march-1-2010

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1544 on: March 01, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 1, 2010
On March - 1 - 2010
March 1, 2010

I took some baby steps this week and started the breakdown of Morgan’s apartment at Virginia Tech.  It is a painful process to dismantle your child’s life, especially when I recall all the joy and expectation we had when we moved her in only 18 months ago.

Morgan’s apartment was great; comfortable, quirky and fun.  She was the girl who had everything: a great apartment, friends, intelligence and beauty.  The only thing she had in limited supply was life – what a short life.  What a tremendous waste.

Even thinking of that waste makes my breath choppy – I am only taking baby steps because it is so very difficult and also because I want to go slowly and savor this dismembering of the home Morgan had made.  You can learn a lot about someone when you see the environment they create and how they live in it.  It makes me happy and proud to see just how on top of things and how together Morgan’s way of living was.

I take my time; enjoy these glimpses of the person she was becoming.  Morgan was pretty special at the young age of 20, given the chance to actually grow up she was going to be absolutely phenomenal.  Why couldn’t it be?

2 4 1
  an angelic monkey I just keep hoping to come on here and see an arrest.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1545 on: March 01, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12064226
March 1, 2010
Parents of Morgan Harrington make another trip to Charlottesville

It'll take several months for DNA tests to come back in the case of Morgan Harrington, the Virginia Tech student who was killed after she left a rock concert.

Meanwhile, Harrington's parents have made another trip to Charlottesville.

Her mom, Gil was wearing her daugher's bracelet.

"This bracelet has witnessed some unspeakable things. It conjures Morgan to me when I wear it," said Gil Harrington.

The bracelet one of the many reminders of their daughter.

Gil Harrington wore the bracelet as the Harrington's visited the bridge this week, where their daughter was last seen alive.

"I took out some of the old flowers, planted some new ones," said Dan Harrington.

"I've started cleaning out her apartment this week, and we're cleaning out the bridge for her," said Gil.

Gil said they are still looking for justice and she's confident her daughters killer or killers will be found.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1546 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »

Justice for Morgan   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1547 on: March 01, 2010, 05:01:13 PM »

New video of the Harringtons.
http://www.newsplex.com/video?clipID=4582488&autoStart=true&contentID=85788092

Harringtons Visit Bridge to Bring New Life to Daughter's Memory
Dan and Gil Harrington visited the Copeley Road Bridge Sunday to set new flowers on their daughter's makeshift memorial. They spoke to CBS19 about why Gil wears the bracelet her daughter was wearing when she was killed, and what they plan to do with her ashes.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1548 on: March 01, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »

They said they are looking for Morgan's killersThey believe more than one person was involved.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1549 on: March 02, 2010, 07:21:21 AM »

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/03/02/beyond-the-bubble
Beyond the bubble
Katie McNally, Cavalier Daily Columnist

Life
March 2, 2010 0

As a U.Va. student, I have always felt fortunate to go to a large school that still has the close-knit feel of a much smaller one. When walking across Grounds, there is never a day when I don’t pass by people I know. They’re not even mere acquaintances, but rather, people who actually stop when they see me and genuinely want to know how I am doing. Even when I meet someone new, it is rare that we are not already connected in some way — we’ve had class together, they’re friends with my friend so and so, they live near me in Roanoke, etc. This creates a sense of community that I love but can perhaps be all too easy to become wrapped up in. Living as a student in Charlottesville, after all, I sometimes get the sense that we are living in our own sphere, separate and unconnected with the outside world. It is almost as if the University is surrounded by a giant, insulating bubble. I remember how during my first year, I was always so absorbed with what was going on at school that I was often way out of touch with the outside world. My mom would call me and bring up things that were headline news, and I would have no idea what she was talking about.

At the start of my second year, I got a lot better. I began keeping up with the news more and even started to remember there was actually a world outside of Charlottesville. Still, this world remained distant, and for a long time, the information that was broadcast into my apartment or that I read in the paper had that same distant feel to it. I saw people and places, but they were just words and pictures to me. I didn’t waste much time worrying about them because to me, the sad stories were just that — stories. I couldn’t see myself as connected in any way. A few months into the semester, though, that all changed.
When Morgan Harrington disappeared in October, I received a severe jolt of reality. She was more than just another picture that was broadcast into my living room. This was a girl that I knew really existed. She lived in my hometown; she went to my church. Our common background — a thread that frequently ties me to new acquaintances on Grounds — undeniably left me linked to this girl. Her tragedy shattered the invisible bubble that I used to feel around me at U.Va., not because it happened on Grounds, but because I knew we had something in common. I could not pretend that hers was just another far-off story.

Since Morgan’s disappearance, I have started to look at the news with a different eye, and this viewpoint is one that I encourage my fellow students to adopt. The names we see in print and the pictures on television are of real people and events. Just as we can so easily discover that we share things in common with new people we meet here, we will always share some link between us and the faces we see in the news. Take the recent events in Haiti, for example. Both the depiction of the earthquake in news stories and the sheer distance between that country and Grounds is enough to make that tragedy seem unreal to us. If we look a little bit harder, though, we can find the many readily apparent links between us and the Haitian people. There were many members of the U.Va. community in Haiti at the time, and we lost one of our most promising members in Stephanie Jean-Charles, a Batten student, College alumna and Haitian native.

With these ties in mind, students should remember that we are linked to the people we see in the news — not just in Haiti — but all around the globe. That invisible bubble we feel around Charlottesville is not a barrier against connections with the outside world. If we fail to look beyond its walls, then we risk becoming apathetic to all the news that doesn’t affect us here and now. But if we continue to search for connections beyond the bubble, then maybe we can begin to create a community with the wider world like the close-knit one at our school.

Katie’s column runs biweekly Tuesdays. She can be reached at k.mcnally@cavalierdaily.com.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1550 on: March 02, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »

They said they are looking for Morgan's killersThey believe more than one person was involved.
Thank-you 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1551 on: March 02, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12068386

Va State Police launch Facebook page

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - The Virginia State Police is hoping people who become fans of its new page on Facebook will help the agency solve crimes and find missing people and fugitives.

The agency launched its page on the social-networking Web site Monday.
snipped.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1552 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »

Thanks Cece.   

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1553 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »

Thanks Cece.   

And thank you for all the updates.   an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1554 on: March 02, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Private-Investigations-Examiner~y2010m3d2-Morgan-Harrington-an-unsolved-murder-the-need-for-answers

Private Investigations Examiner                                       (Long Post)
Add to favorites Examiner Bio
Morgan Harrington: an unsolved murder and the need for answers
March 2, 6:41 PMPrivate Investigations ExaminerAnn Flaherty

The Morgan Harrington missing person case became a homicide on  January 26, 2010, when Harrington’s remains were found on a farm outside of Charlottesville, VA.  As you recall Harrington was the Virginia Tech student who went missing during a Metallica Concert, which launched a worldwide effort to find her.  Ever since that dreaded day in January, when Morgan’s body was found, the need for answers has been a mission for law enforcement, Morgan’s family, and the community.  The Find Morgan website is still going strong, posting information and soliciting leads in the hopes of identifying some clues to the perpetrator of this horrible crime

Recently I was contacted by Bobby Weaver aka “Baad Bobby” who is an active participant in the Find Morgan forum.  Weaver reported to me new information that has surfaced pertaining to the possibility of a serial killer in the Charlottesville area. The “threads” pertaining to this angle of the investigation are informative and appear to have some merit.  Read what Bill Thomas wrote:

Folks, you have to do more research. My name is Bill Thomas; I am the older brother of Cathleen Thomas, one the first two victims, together with Rebecca Dowski, in the Colonial Parkway Murders which claimed 8 young people in the Williamsburg area from 1986-1989. There are a lot of unsolved murders within two hours of where Morgan Harrington was killed-- the Colonial Parkway Murders, the Route 29 Stalker case including Alicia Showalter-Reynolds (note where Morgan's body was found-- off Route 29), the Williams/Winans killings in the Shenandoah National Forest in 1996, the murder of the young Virginia Tech couple in August 2009 (very similar to Colonial Parkway) and now Morgan Harrington in October 2009. I am not even naming them all. Many of the Route 29 cases happened quite close to where Morgan was found.

It is time for the Governor Bob McDonnell and the Virginia State Police BCI, together with the FBI, to form a Task Force to solve all of these unsolved murders.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas

On January 7, 2010 the FBI/Norfolk issued a statement regarding the Colonial Parkway murders that Thomas spoke of and their efforts in re-examining all investigative reports and forensic evidence, from these crimes. The FBI press release can be found at:

http://norfolk.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel10/nf010710.htm

If you have any information relevant to the Colonial Parkway murders that occurred during the 1980s, please e-mail the FBI at: Colonial_Parkway_Murders@ic.fbi.gov.

Another poster on the Find Morgan forum, known as “DebbieM” gives detailed information on some recent unsolved murders and missing persons in Virginia:

DebbieM /Senior Member

Added all I know to Va Missing Adult List

-Update of Missing Person cases that I am aware of in our general vicinity. I started with the murders of Heidi and David. I will be researching more into the Colonial/Parkway murders and Route 29 Stalker -(who truthfully COULD be one and the same??? It is a possibility)

August 28 2009 Body of Heidi Childs and David Metzler found murdered in Montgomery County
VA. Heidi was 18 and a VT student. Both Heidi and David were from Lynchburg and both were VT students

Oct 10, 2009 Cassandra Morton of Lynchburg VA is missing. 23 years old. 5'6" and 125lb
Her remains were discovered on Candlers Mtn / Liberty University Property on
11/29 Her death ruled a homicide

Oct 17, 2009 Morgan Dana Harrington went missing from Charlottesville VA 20 years old
5' 6" 120lbs VT college student. Her remains were discovered on Anchorage Farm, Albemarle County on 1/26/10 Her death ruled a homicide

Dec 9 2009 Laticia "Tish" Faust of Patrick County VA 5'4 155lbs missing from Floyd Co VA
(she lived in Patrick County) 50 years old
Car found in Franklin County Va - on the Blue Ridge Parkway. LE has searched a nearby pond and wooded areas. One of her sandals was found by a cadaver dog.

Dec 15 2009 Brenda Eades, age 57

-Last seen in Pittsylvania County
-Last seen December 15, driving near a marina/Leesville Lake
-Car was recovered on December 17th near Leesville Lake, all belongings present. No sign of a struggle.
-Married, no children, suffered from chronic pain. Was a paralegal.
-Body recovered on December 28th

Dec 19 2009 Michael Green 27 of Petersburg. He "vanished" during the night. He Left behind his identification, cell phone and keys -- which friends say is highly unusual.

Dec 30 2009 Kristan Fox Louisa County VA 26 years old. College Student. Suspicious death
Taken to a hospital in Charlottesville the night she died.

Jan 15 2010 Kelly Catalano of Chesterfield Co VA Missing 40 yrs old 5'9 145lbs
active on companys softball team

Jan 24 2010 Joan Renee Cook of Roanoke Co VA Missing 45 yrs old 5'6 120lbs
no info yet of her activities - has a seven year old daughter.

Jan 25 2010 Jill Edmonds 40 disappeared from Richmond. Her vehicle was found abandoned on the shoulder of the northbound lanes of the Powhite Parkway as it crosses the James River. described as a black female, 40 years old, 5’4" tall, 1 57 pounds with straight, shoulder-length black hair.

Feb 8 2010 Barry Keys 33 years old of Danville. He was driving a gold-colored 1999 Mazda Protégé, which Ingram found on Feb. 12 at Hardee’s restaurant in Tightsqueeze

Feb 11 2010 Eleanor Salotta of Campbell Co (Lynchburg) VA Missing 47 yrs old
5'7" 130 lbs Professor at Sweet Briar College located off rt 29 between Lynchburg and Charlottesville.

Feb 14 2010 Ronald Lee Riggs 41 of Ridgeway -- Henry County. He left from Bassett, VA at approx. 2pm on Sunday, February 14, 2010. He was enroute to Gaffney, SC for his construction job there. His supervisor from his job in Gaffney, S.C. called the family to see why Mr. Riggs never showed up for work on Monday. Ronald Lee Riggs was last seen driving a white, 1991, Mercury Topaz, 4 door sedan with VA License plate KBZ-1404. He was last seen wearing a ball cap, denim button-up work shirt, blue jeans and brown work boots. Ronald Lee Riggs does still wear glasses

Feb 19 2010 Dennis Nevitt of Moneta VA (Bedford County)
He left a note stating he was going to visit family in VA Beach but has not been seen or heard from. This is out of his character.
age 50 y.o., approx. 5' 9" tall. Bedford County Police have been notified. He is driving a 1994 White F350 Ford PU, VA Plate # XMH-1416

Virginia does have its share of unsolved murders and missing persons however the Virginia State Police appear vigilant in their efforts to solve these crimes.  On March 2, 2010, the Virginia State Police issued a statement regarding the launch of their official Department Facebook page.  The VSP Facebook page was established with the hopes that fans can help in solving crimes, locate missing persons and track down fugitives.  The VSP has specifically called on fans to aid in the 14-year-old unsolved murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds.  Reynolds was a 25 year-old graduate student who was abducted in Culpeper County and her body was found in 1996, in the Lignum community of Culpeper County. 

Anyone with information pertaining to this abduction and murder of Ms. Reynolds is encouraged to contact VSP toll-free in Virginia at 1-800-572-2260 or 1-888-300-0156 or by e-mail at:

bci-culpeper@vsp.virginia.gov. More details about this case are available on the VSP Facebook page.

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1555 on: March 02, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/03/01/morgan-harrington-murder-why-anchorage-farm/

Morgan Harrington Murder: Why Anchorage Farm?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: March 03, 2010, 06:20:17 AM »

Thanks Klaas.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1557 on: March 03, 2010, 06:24:58 AM »

http://womenscenter.virginia.edu/sdvs-Morgan-Harrington.php

Sexual and Domestic Violence Services
Morgan Harrington

All of us at the U.Va. Women’s Center wish to express how moved we are by the courage of Morgan Harrington’s family, and the compassion with which our Charlottesville community responded to their call for support and help during Morgan’s disappearance. Some of us participated in the search, or were involved in the campaign for her recovery; we all hoped for a positive resolution. Our deep condolences go out to Morgan’s family and close friends at this difficult time. We hope that the joy that she brought you in her brief life will eventually bring relief to your heart. In her memory, we will recommit ourselves to our goal of working toward a world free of violence and oppression. We join others in working to shape a world in which women and children and men all can live lives full of possibility, joy, and fulfillment.

We are acutely aware of how Morgan’s disappearance and lonely death have left a pall of fear and helplessness over our community. In particular, women in Morgan’s age group, who see themselves in one way or another reflected in her life, feel unbalanced and worried that the University of Virginia is no longer the safe haven that it had been.

But U.Va. and Charlottesville have never been as safe as many believed. The fact that the person or persons who murdered Morgan may live among us only underscores that we cannot know the darkness that exists in the hearts of others, even our neighbors.
This does not mean that we should become suspicious of everyone around us, but it does point to the fact that trust must be earned, even by our peers. We were born with an instinct for survival, and it is vital that we pay attention to what our inner voice tells us: that it is definitely okay to be impolite if it means attending to our own safety, even if that means feeling embarrassed or inconveniencing someone or walking away from someone we like. Women, know that you have tremendous strength and resilience, and that you are capable of defending yourselves when threatened.

Ultimately, reinforcing safety means taking care of one another. Watch out for your friends and keep their safety at the forefront, especially if they are incapable of making sound decisions. We live in a culture that promotes individuality, but in truth we are part of a community. Harm against one person results in harm against all. Violence damages the threads that bind a community together: trust, compassion, respect, and responsibility to one another.

It would be nice to be able to offer a list of simple safety strategies and claim, “follow these and you will be safe.” But this would only promote a lie. Women have been resisting violence for centuries, and yet violence against us persists. Resistance is critical. Taking care of your friends is crucial. Protecting yourself by listening to that inner voice is deeply important. But even these practices do not always change the conditions that promote violence against women.
The responsibility to end gendered violence is not ours alone. We honor the men who stand up and speak up in the face of abusive sexism. May other men join you: Commit yourselves to speak out about violence against women. Pay attention to circumstances that foster violence and change them. Participate in the kind of social justice work that can lead to the dismantling of sexism, racism, homophobia, and other oppressions that allow people to view others as less than human. Sexist violence, whether committed by one university student against another in an apartment bedroom; by a predator against a vulnerable, lone woman; or by an army against the women of a community; are pieces of a continuum of violence that tears the world apart. The power to end gendered violence is largely in your hands.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1558 on: March 03, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 3, 2010
March 3, 2010

Several of us from the OMNI team have started packing the 3,500 pounds of medical supplies we will take to Zambia, Africa on our April medical trip. Anticipating the trip has me both excited and anxious.  The separation from Dan is always painful, even more so this year because Morgan’s death has left both of us vulnerable and raw.  Despite the challenges that being apart will bring, I am more resolute than ever to make my journey to Africa.  I was not able to save my precious child, but know that I will be able save other children’s lives in Africa.  Every bobble headed baby with malaria we rehydrate and every burn we clean and dress negates some of the EVIL that is afloat in our world.

My pain will be les sharp knowing I have made a practical and direct difference in our patient’s and our students’ chances for survival. This brings me much comfort.  I keep trying to do my best to tip the scale in the direction of love.  I do believe love is greater than hate and love will win in the end if we do our part to help it along.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1559 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:52 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 3, 2010
March 3, 2010

Several of us from the OMNI team have started packing the 3,500 pounds of medical supplies we will take to Zambia, Africa on our April medical trip. Anticipating the trip has me both excited and anxious.  The separation from Dan is always painful, even more so this year because Morgan’s death has left both of us vulnerable and raw.  Despite the challenges that being apart will bring, I am more resolute than ever to make my journey to Africa.  I was not able to save my precious child, but know that I will be able save other children’s lives in Africa.  Every bobble headed baby with malaria we rehydrate and every burn we clean and dress negates some of the EVIL that is afloat in our world.

My pain will be les sharp knowing I have made a practical and direct difference in our patient’s and our students’ chances for survival. This brings me much comfort.  I keep trying to do my best to tip the scale in the direction of love.  I do believe love is greater than hate and love will win in the end if we do our part to help it along.

2 4 1

Thank you Trimm.  Reading Gil's words breaks my heart & brings me to tears.
Words escape me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.