April 16, 2024, 02:39:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 750837 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1620 on: March 28, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »

Quote:

My daughter was visiting here in Roanoke in December and was shocked at the number of murdered and missing women in this area (Morgan Harrington's body was still missing) She got out a map and found they were all in a triangle extending from Rte 29, across 64, down 81 to Abingdon, and across to Martinsville, and back up to Charlottesville. There is a serial killer out there, who may be a biker or local trucker or tradesman who knows all the main roads and even more important, the quiet offroad sites & back roads, and has reason to travel them frequently. I hope the task force is putting all the pieces together and is quietly on his trail. These abductions and killings must be stopped! I understand the man convicted as the Rte. 29 stalker was in prison and is now under house arrest with his mother in Charlottesville with an ankle bracelet. Was he the one or is the real one still out there, or is the active one a copycat? I'll never drive out of town alone again until he's apprehended.

=======================================================================

Alicia Showalter Reynolds

It was near Mountain Run Road at 11:30am on January 17, 1996 that smooth-talking "Larry," the Route 29 stalker, first appeared on the Culpeper Bypass. He didn't pull over a woman again until 6am on February 12. He waited two more days before resuming his ruse twice on Valentine's Day.

And then things began to accelerate. Between February 16 and 21, he stopped four more women -- then two on the 22nd, one on the 23rd, and three on February 24, in one case just an hour and a half after Carmelita Shomo was robbed and dragged near Independent Hill, about 40 miles away.

Darrell Rice later took an Alford Plea in the Shomo case. That means he acknowledged that prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him, but he didn't admit guilt or serve any additional time on top of the sentence he was already serving for the attack on Yvonne Malbasha (that occurred a year later).

There were five more Route 29 stops between February 26 and 29.

On March 2, the State Police received two reports of women being stopped. One of them was Alicia Showalter Reynolds. And then, police say, the series of pullovers ended.

http://www.readthehook.com/Stories/2007/05/17/COVER-amalg-29Stalker.rtf.aspx

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1621 on: March 28, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »

"This is not his first crime. He has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way," Gil Harrington said.

Morgan's father distributed a map showing the disappearances or murders of several people like Morgan in the past year. He's also aware of Alicia Showalter Reynolds, the victim of an unknown highway stalker in the Charlottesville area. In the mid 1990s, a man targeted women on Rt. 29. Morgan's body was found not far from where Reynold's remains were dumped more than a decade earlier. Dan Harrington thinks the cases may be related.

Today Morgan's parents also revealed the killer severely battered the student before her death. They said the damage to her skeleton was horrifying.
"This Charlottesville man hurt Morgan Harrington enough to break her bones before he murdered her. I cannot get the image of Morgan's shattered bones out of my mind."

August 28 2009 Body of Heidi Childs and David Metzler found murdered in Montgomery County
VA. Heidi was 18 and a VT student. Both Heidi and David were from Lynchburg and both were VT students

Oct 10, 2009 Cassandra Morton of Lynchburg VA is missing. 23 years old. 5'6" and 125lb
Her remains were discovered on Candlers Mtn / Liberty University Property on
11/29 Her death ruled a homicide

Oct 17, 2009 Morgan Dana Harrington went missing from Charlottesville VA 20 years old
5' 6" 120lbs VT college student. Her remains were discovered on Anchorage Farm, Albemarle County on 1/26/10 Her death ruled a homicide

Dec 30 2009 Kristan Fox Louisa County VA 26 years old. College Student. Suspicious death
Taken to a hospital in Charlottesville the night she died.

Somebody enjoyed breaking bones on Morgan for reason of torture.
She may been walked to this isolated location so that nobody would hear her agony.
The person or persons had knowlege of the area.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1622 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »

If I wanted to break bones..

1. A Car.. Chase her down and run her over and back up over her again. Breaks a lot of bones.
2. A Baseball Bat.. You can do a lot of damage with a baseball bat.
3. A Metal Rod or pipe.. 1/2 or 3/4 galvanized or not, plumbing pipe..

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1623 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 29th, 2010
On March - 29 - 20101 COMMENT

Paradoxically, as the weather gets lighter and improves, our moods seem to have gotten somewhat darker, more desperate and thick. It could just be a combination of fatigue from the many months of worry and the many months of grief over Morgan’s death.

I want her. I miss her. I miss the warm lump she was in the bed when I shook her awake. I miss brushing out her long hair after a shower. I miss her smile, her voice. Afraid I’m already forgetting her voice. All I have is her cell phone away message to hold her tones in my mind.

Healing is not going back to what was, but accepting what is here now. I still struggle to wrap my mind around this new reality. I have saved articles and information to have on hand so that when the fog lifts, I can process all that has happened since 10/17/09, but how can you ever make sense of such an irrational barbaric act as rape and murder?

Tonight I’m stuck back on WHY? Why did she have to suffer? Why did so many dreams have to end? Genes have to end? Who will make nanny rolls when I’m dead? I realize the sadness is OK, even necessary, to feel. The trick is to feel it and be a conduit, acknowledge the pain and let it roll through you, not let it get you mired down and stuck in sorrow.

Have to stop clutching at what was and open to what is and see new possibilities. I know that this is the task in a nutshell- but tonight I am too pigheaded to soften into surrender. Will work on it.

2 4 1

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1624 on: March 29, 2010, 11:30:38 AM »

1. A Car.. Chase her down and run her over and back up over her again. Breaks a lot of bones.

That is what I was thinking. I'm also wondering if the Harringtons are maybe saying too much, I understand their wanting to catch this monster, I'm just questioning if the police are alright with some of the things they are saying.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1625 on: March 29, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »

.......or a tire iron

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1626 on: March 29, 2010, 01:07:05 PM »

She helps us.. Police would never release such info..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1627 on: March 29, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »

It is like the Jewlery.. She was not robbed..
It starts to narrow down what motivated this crime..

still ugly no matter what. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1628 on: March 29, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 29th, 2010
On March - 29 - 20101 COMMENT

Paradoxically, as the weather gets lighter and improves, our moods seem to have gotten somewhat darker, more desperate and thick. It could just be a combination of fatigue from the many months of worry and the many months of grief over Morgan’s death.

I want her. I miss her. I miss the warm lump she was in the bed when I shook her awake. I miss brushing out her long hair after a shower. I miss her smile, her voice. Afraid I’m already forgetting her voice. All I have is her cell phone away message to hold her tones in my mind.

Healing is not going back to what was, but accepting what is here now. I still struggle to wrap my mind around this new reality. I have saved articles and information to have on hand so that when the fog lifts, I can process all that has happened since 10/17/09, but how can you ever make sense of such an irrational barbaric act as rape and murder?

Tonight I’m stuck back on WHY? Why did she have to suffer? Why did so many dreams have to end? Genes have to end? Who will make nanny rolls when I’m dead? I realize the sadness is OK, even necessary, to feel. The trick is to feel it and be a conduit, acknowledge the pain and let it roll through you, not let it get you mired down and stuck in sorrow.

Have to stop clutching at what was and open to what is and see new possibilities. I know that this is the task in a nutshell- but tonight I am too pigheaded to soften into surrender. Will work on it.

2 4 1

I hear you and feel you Gil. Every thought you write I read and is felt in my soul.
Your reality sits heavy on me and outweighs my thoughts.

I can only tell you that there are Evil minds in this world that are Self Absorbed and they Will Rob Rape and Murder people... It has been going on since the beginning of time.
 It is not that long ago in history that you as a parent would not be able to loose sight of your daughter or she would be gone and in many societies around the world that is still true even today.
  We live in a place and time where people expect to be safe in America, it is a false sense of reality. We have no right. If we create that right for ourselves then it must be defended by us. Education of our young is our best defense. Some people say Chivalry is dead.. It should not be.. Women would be safer if males were taught from birth to respect and defend them.
 Times have changed and womens lib has led us into another dimension in my humble opinion..
Many women go far beyond what is safe today and many men could care less because of it.
Men today say " It is none of my business " and stay out of it.
Is that women wanted ? If so, here we are.

With Morgan,
What I would work on is "How" .. Because if we know how she was murdered then maybe we can narrow it down to Where she was murdered and out of that, narrow it down to a possible of Who.
 It may not work but it is work in a positive direction out of a sad situation.
The reality, no matter what is real and forever and unfixable.
When we find out Who then we will find out possibly Why.

I notice that Beth Reynolds/Holloway/Twitty spends much of her time educating young people on safe travel to ease her pain and suffering in hopes that one person may be saved by her valuable information she shares.
I pray you to find a way to help others.. Young people of today must be educated to look out for themselves and each other. Or there will be many more young people hurt or worse.

Of course all of this is just my opinion.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1629 on: March 29, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »

Sports..

Tradesman.. plumber..contractor.

Somebody with a reason or purpose to be there at that time and place.
Somebody that knew to get rid of that phone.
Somebody with a history and is known to be violent at times by people that know him.

Or

A group,  A tribe, A gang, out looking for trouble and they found Morgan. There is always a leader to such actions and an inclusive to band together he would insist everyone took a turn doing damage to her body to incriminate all of them in the action.
Loose lips sinks tall ships.

Just a thought.

The unsolved crimes of murder over the years are haunting..
It really could be the same person.
The anger associated in doing so much damage to a body.
How did she get to the location she was found in..? The person knows the area all to well.
jmho
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1630 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:02 AM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/15285/students-vote-on-westboro-protest-response
Students vote on Westboro protest response
Monday, March 29, 2010; 11:01 PM | 6 | ShareThis | Print
by Gordon Block, news reporter
Virginia Tech and Blacksburg leaders are preparing a response to an upcoming protest from the Westboro Baptist Church in relation to slain Tech student Morgan Harrington.

Members of the church, based in Topeka, Ks., have received negative attention for their protests at military funerals as well as anti-gay and anti-Semitic rhetoric.

A calendar post on the Westboro Baptist Church’s Web site, godhatesfags.com, says the group will protest April 9 in downtown Blacksburg, outside Blacksburg High School, and the Virginia Tech branch of Hillel.

About 30 people circled together inside Owens Dining Hall Saturday afternoon to discuss a unified response. The meeting, led by Student Government Association president Brandon Carroll, tossed around several ideas in handling the church.

“We want everybody on the same page,” Carroll said.

Among the propositions discussed were whether or not a counter-protest should be organized and if T-shirts would be commissioned. Carroll said that the SGA had proposed $250 for a counter-protest. Carroll also created a Google group, HokieNationResponse.
While some at the meeting proposed blocking the group’s proposed protest location, members of the group pointed out the action would be illegal under town code.

Article II, Section 15-203 of the Blacksburg Town Code prohibits persons from physically interfering with demonstrations, or addressing protestors with “profane, indecent, abusive, or threatening language.” Violation of the code is punishable as a Class 3 misdemeanor.

The group voted, agreeing that a counter-protest will be formed. In addition, the group suggested that a fundraiser be created to counter the group. While the proposed fundraiser would generate money for the amount of time church members protested, no specific details of the proposed fundraiser were discussed.

After the meeting, Carroll said he hoped the Tech community would “prove to them they’re not welcome in our community.”

“We’re tough-skinned people who won’t be affected by them,” Carroll said.

While online commentators have claimed the church is protesting about the shootings of April 16, 2007, church officials said their protest will make no mention of the 2007 shootings. This comes as a result of a previous agreement with radio host Mike Gallagher.
With the group preparing to protest in Blacksburg in the immediate aftermath of the shootings, Gallagher agreed to give the group two hours of airtime, in exchange for the group agreeing to not picket the funerals of shooting victims. Gallagher described the agreement as “the right thing to do.”

“If my radio show can prevent a circus atmosphere of protests, counter-protests, police protection, and media coverage from taking place in front of churches where grieving families are trying to say good-bye to their loved ones, then I think that’s a good thing,” Gallagher said, in an April 22, 2007 post on townhall.com.
Church officials said they were not protesting the 2007 shootings, saying they were “coming for the event that happened last month,” referencing slain student Morgan Harrington. A 20-year-old education major, Harrington was found in late January 2010 after going missing in October 2009 while attending a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Va.

“We’re not going to bring our sign that said, ‘God sent the shooter.’ No, no, we’ll leave that one at home.’” said Shirley Phelps-Roper, eldest daughter of church founder Fred Phelps. “We’ve got a sign that says ‘God sent the killer.’”

The church’s protest at Blacksburg High School is against Kevin Jennings, Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools at the U.S. Department of Education.

Montgomery County Schools Superintendent Brenda Blackburn said no determination has been made on how they would communicate to students and parents about the protest. Classes will be in session on April 9.

“We are specifically working with town of Blacksburg law enforcement … speaking with them about what plans they have about police coverage in the area,” Blackburn said. “That’s the extent of what we’re doing at this moment.”

The church will end its day rallying against the Tech branch of Hillel, with a protest set for the Blacksburg Jewish Community Center on East Roanoke Street in Blacksburg.

Sue Kurtz, executive director of Tech’s Hillel, was not available for comment Monday.

The LGBTA community has also shown outrage about the church’s protest. Aimee Kanode, a senior humanities, science, and environment major at Tech and president of Tech’s LGBTA said she would not attend the protest, as she has work on the day of the protest.
These people are awful, appalling, despicable,” Kanode said. “My method is to just ignore them. Me wasting energy on those people is not worth my time.” Kanode said that while the group would not officially organize for the protest, several members and officers would be in attendance. Kanode said she advised her members to “be smart about it.”

“Be safe and know what you can and cannot do,” Kanode said. Jean Elliot and Ken Belcher, co-chairs of Tech’s LGBT Caucus, declined a request for comment on the protest.

Another concern for community members is the potential for the protest to take away from other events for the day. Among the events scheduled for April 9 include a memorial for David Seth Mitchell, a US Marine killed in Afghanistan and Tech’s Relay for Life event, which is a fundraiser for cancer research.

Whitney Law, a senior communication major and director of Tech’s Relay for Life, declined immediate comment on the protest.

The group’s protest is a major example of the challenges of the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

Joseph Russomanno, an associate professor at Arizona State University and expert of first amendment and media law, said the law allows for the expression of controversial topics, describing it as a “marketplace of ideas.”

“We as a society can select from variety of viewpoints and facts and decide where we want to go on particular issues,” Russomanno said. “We allow all ideas into discussion, and select the best ones.”

The Westboro Baptist Church’s protests have drawn the attention of the courts, with several members arrested at their protests.
Members of the church are set to appear in front of the Supreme Court in the case of Snyder v. Phelps. Albert Phelps, the father of a slain U.S. marine, was initially awarded $10.9 million following the church’s picket of his son’s funeral. With the reward reduced to $5 million, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals later overturned the ruling in the church’s favor. The court agreed to review the case March 9, 2010.

“This case, this ruling has the potential to be a very important First Amendment ruling,” Russomanno said.

The Westboro Baptist Church will start its April 9 protest at 1 p.m on the corner of North Main Street and East Roanoke Street. The church will then proceed to Blacksburg High School at 2:15 p.m., and the church will finish in Blacksburg with a 3 p.m. protest at the Blacksburg Jewish Community Center on East Roanoke Street.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1631 on: March 30, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »

Prayers for the Harrington family.    an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1632 on: March 30, 2010, 09:35:57 AM »

Blink has a new post up.   
http://blinkoncrime.com/

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1633 on: March 30, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »

Thanks Trimmon - you beat me to it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1634 on: March 30, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

One needs to ignore this group of vile people, they want attention, don't give it to them 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1635 on: March 30, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »

One needs to ignore this group of vile people, they want attention, don't give it to them 

That is exactly as I feel NRCG.  If people just shunned them and totally ignored them everywhere they went..no shouting back, no protect back at em..no press write ups in local papers..then eventually they would quit.  They do this for one thing and one thing only..to bring attention to themselves..and if they got no attention..were totally shunned..then soon enough they would get the message.

They are a hate filled group that is egocentric..I say let their egos deflate.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1636 on: March 30, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »

That is exactly as I feel NRCG.  If people just shunned them and totally ignored them everywhere they went..no shouting back, no protect back at em..no press write ups in local papers..then eventually they would quit.  They do this for one thing and one thing only..to bring attention to themselves..and if they got no attention..were totally shunned..then soon enough they would get the message.

They are a hate filled group that is egocentric..I say let their egos deflate.

Exactly, ignore, they will eventually disappear. There are several groups and individuals that make me want to scream, they say such outrageous things, and I just can't figure out why they are given attention? 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1637 on: March 30, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »

Quote from above:
church founder Fred Phelps.
“We’ve got a sign that says ‘God sent the killer.’”
end quote..

So are they saying Fred is the killer ? .. He knows God, right ?
How else would he know that God sent the killer ?

Maybe Fred is the killer ?? It is all a mystery.. 

Or his daughter ? Like Melissa Huckabe..

Or how about that Torture freak who belonged to a church in Kansas.. Dennis Rader, a Lutheran Deacon. Are they friends with him ? Maybe Fred knows him.

What is in the water in Virginia ??
I think they have imported water from a nuclear facility for drinking.
Everyone is um mm... Well I have a word for it..

Somebody better get there heads out of the toilet and start looking at the serial murders along that road system. Serial is very possible and time is of the essence. mo.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1638 on: March 30, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »

Quote from above:
church founder Fred Phelps.
“We’ve got a sign that says ‘God sent the killer.’”
end quote..

So are they saying Fred is the killer ? .. He knows God, right ?
How else would he know that God sent the killer ?

Maybe Fred is the killer ?? It is all a mystery.. 

Or his daughter ? Like Melissa Huckabe..

Or how about that Torture freak who belonged to a church in Kansas.. Dennis Rader, a Lutheran Deacon. Are they friends with him ? Maybe Fred knows him.

What is in the water in Virginia ??
I think they have imported water from a nuclear facility for drinking.
Everyone is um mm... Well I have a word for it..

Somebody better get there heads out of the toilet and start looking at the serial murders along that road system. Serial is very possible and time is of the essence. mo.

Edward, this church is not out of Virginia. This is the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Ks.
The same group that protests at military funerals.

2 4 1
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1639 on: March 30, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »

The people out of Virginia are out of Virginia.

The church group is out of Kansas.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.