March 28, 2024, 10:26:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749105 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: March 30, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »

http://www.hokiepride.com/
WBC Planning Demonstrations in Blacksburg, VA
2010 March 27
Leave a comment
by admin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7Of_2ykZpQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/j7Of_2ykZpQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>
The WBC is planning to demonstrate on the following dates and times in Blacksburg, VA. More information about WBC’s outrageous agenda can be found here  and here.

04/09/2010         1:00 PM – 1:30 PM            Virginia Tech N. Main St. & E. Roanoke St. (SW Corner)

04/09/2010         2:15 PM – 2:45 PM            Blacksburg High School 520 Patrick Henry Dr

04/09/2010         3:00 PM – 3:30 PM            Blacksburg JCC/Hillel at Virginia Tech 201 Roanoke St.

After having an open discussion regarding the community’s response to the
Westboro Baptist Church’s protest on April 9th, we’ve established a collective
consensus that is representative of the student population, based on those in
attendance. Our overall goal & focus is to act as One Hokies United. “For
individually, we are weak, as the student body we are strong, and as a
university, we are powerful.” If other groups still wish to do their own thing,
please contact and discuss it with us as well as to make sure your groups are
informed about laws and requirements, as well as seeing if your group’s goals
can be incorporated into our mission.
Judging from the massive response of Hokies wanting to do “something,” it was
established that the majority of students want to actively respond. Regardless
of our course of action, the media cannot be controlled and they will give the
WBC the attention they are after. Our counter to their protest will be aimed
towards the message of Community and Charity. It will be Nonviolent, Positive,
and Respectful based on raising awareness of the causes they are protesting. We
are NOT fighting hate with hate. Our purpose in using their presence to further
our message is in Three Phases: to fundraise, to send a unique message of unity
that not only Hokies can identify with but the world, and to HAVE FUN!

The protest aspect will be distinctly separate from theirs. This serves to make
a clear distinction of opposition, minimize the effects of their lawsuit /
provocation tactics, and prevent blocking of roads and walkways. Funds will be
available to make signs and guidelines will be in place to insure we keep our
response respectful. Locations will be pending permission. It is also our hope
that while a media blackout of their event is impossible, overshadowing their
coverage by promoting our cause isn’t completely out of reach and effectively
inundates their media attention.
Our fundraising aspect will consist of volunteers located downtown and on campus
to use the presence of the WBC to raise awareness for the groups targeted by
their protest. We are currently working on an official shirt to help fundraise
as well. The donations received will be divided amongst groups being protested
and made in honor of the Westboro Baptist Church and Fred Phelps. *NOTE: They
are not WILLINGLY making these donations; however, it is because of their
presence that we are fundraising.*

We are currently figuring out the logistics, preparing the necessary paperwork,
and acquiring the necessary permissions to effectively enact our unified
response. Please continue to return back to the group/event’s information to
see updates! There are plenty of things to do and plenty of places to get
involved in so volunteers are encouraged. If you have any questions,
suggestions, or want to get involved in something, please don’t hesitate to
message me on facebook or email me, Jeff Chuang, at JEI@vt.edu.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1641 on: March 30, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »

My husband's nephew was killed in Iraq, they were supposed to be at his funeral, but luckily they caught wind that a big biker group was going to be riding in his procession and they chickened out.  Those Westboro  people are freaks and should somehow be stopped, but I guess that is one of the consequences of living in a free country.  sigh...

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1642 on: March 30, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 29th, 2010
On March - 29 - 20101 COMMENT

Paradoxically, as the weather gets lighter and improves, our moods seem to have gotten somewhat darker, more desperate and thick. It could just be a combination of fatigue from the many months of worry and the many months of grief over Morgan’s death.

I want her. I miss her. I miss the warm lump she was in the bed when I shook her awake. I miss brushing out her long hair after a shower. I miss her smile, her voice. Afraid I’m already forgetting her voice. All I have is her cell phone away message to hold her tones in my mind.

Healing is not going back to what was, but accepting what is here now. I still struggle to wrap my mind around this new reality. I have saved articles and information to have on hand so that when the fog lifts, I can process all that has happened since 10/17/09, but how can you ever make sense of such an irrational barbaric act as rape and murder?

Tonight I’m stuck back on WHY? Why did she have to suffer? Why did so many dreams have to end? Genes have to end? Who will make nanny rolls when I’m dead? I realize the sadness is OK, even necessary, to feel. The trick is to feel it and be a conduit, acknowledge the pain and let it roll through you, not let it get you mired down and stuck in sorrow.

Have to stop clutching at what was and open to what is and see new possibilities. I know that this is the task in a nutshell- but tonight I am too pigheaded to soften into surrender. Will work on it.

2 4 1

I hear you and feel you Gil. Every thought you write I read and is felt in my soul.
Your reality sits heavy on me and outweighs my thoughts.

I can only tell you that there are Evil minds in this world that are Self Absorbed and they Will Rob Rape and Murder people... It has been going on since the beginning of time.
 It is not that long ago in history that you as a parent would not be able to loose sight of your daughter or she would be gone and in many societies around the world that is still true even today.
  We live in a place and time where people expect to be safe in America, it is a false sense of reality. We have no right. If we create that right for ourselves then it must be defended by us. Education of our young is our best defense. Some people say Chivalry is dead.. It should not be.. Women would be safer if males were taught from birth to respect and defend them.
 Times have changed and womens lib has led us into another dimension in my humble opinion..
Many women go far beyond what is safe today and many men could care less because of it.
Men today say " It is none of my business " and stay out of it.
Is that women wanted ? If so, here we are.

With Morgan,
What I would work on is "How" .. Because if we know how she was murdered then maybe we can narrow it down to Where she was murdered and out of that, narrow it down to a possible of Who.
 It may not work but it is work in a positive direction out of a sad situation.
The reality, no matter what is real and forever and unfixable.
When we find out Who then we will find out possibly Why.

I notice that Beth Reynolds/Holloway/Twitty spends much of her time educating young people on safe travel to ease her pain and suffering in hopes that one person may be saved by her valuable information she shares.
I pray you to find a way to help others.. Young people of today must be educated to look out for themselves and each other. Or there will be many more young people hurt or worse.

Of course all of this is just my opinion.

Your best post ever, Edward

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1643 on: March 30, 2010, 04:43:22 PM »

My husband's nephew was killed in Iraq, they were supposed to be at his funeral, but luckily they caught wind that a big biker group was going to be riding in his procession and they chickened out.  Those Westboro  people are freaks and should somehow be stopped, but I guess that is one of the consequences of living in a free country.  sigh...
So glad they didn't show up. One of these days someone is going to get hurt or killed from a confrontation.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1644 on: March 30, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/89552917.html
Posted: 6:08 PM Mar 30, 2010
Morgan's Mother Says She Was Likely Raped, then Killed
Charlottesville, Va.
Though no cause of death has been announced, Morgan Harrington's mother, Gil, speculates that her daughter was raped before being killed.
Reporter: Jessica Jaglois
Email Address: jessica.jaglois@newsplex.com
Police visited Dan and Gil Harrington at their home Tuesday to update them about the investigation into the death of their daughter, Morgan.

Morgan's body, a Virginia Tech student who disappeared from a Metallica concert, was found on a farm outside of Charlottesville in January.

Morgan disappeared off the Copeley Road Bridge in October.

Her killer is still at large.

With no new leads in the murder case, Gil says she thinks her daughter was raped and then killed.

"I think I'm coming to terms with what, in my mind, I think happened to her," says Gil.

Virginia State Police have not confirmed this detail, and the medical examiner still hasn't identified an official cause of death.

Gil says she is not frustrated with police. She says they are being methodical and calculated, though she still worries for the safety of Charlottesville's young women.

"It's a lot of time, but each case has their own trajectory," says Gil.

The lack of information in Morgan's murder case is compounded by an impending protest.

The Westboro Baptist Church, based in Kansas, is planning to protest all Virginia Tech students, including Morgan, early next month because church officials say parents of VT students encourage drinking and other activities they say are sinful.

Church officials say Morgan was a participant in those activities that caused her own death.

How unbelievably cruel.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: March 30, 2010, 08:18:14 PM »

Well .. Just comments from the lower levels of educated society..

But being that they are church people from Kansas here is a quote from the btk killer who was a Deacon of a church in Kansas concerning, he wrote way back concerning there thoughts of today..

Quote :
You don't understand these things because your not underthe influence of factor x). The same thing that made Son of Sam, Jack the Ripper, Havery Glatman, Boston Strangler, Dr. H. H. Holmes Panty Hose Strangler OF Florida, Hillside Strangler, Ted of the West Coast and many more infamous character kill. Which seem s senseless, but we cannot help it. There is no help, no cure, except death or being caught and put away. It a terrible nightmare but, you see I don't lose any sleep over it. After a thing like Fox I come home and go about life like anyone else. And I will be like that until the urge hits me again. It not continuous and I don't have a lot of time. It take time to set a kill, one mistake and it is all over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

Maybe they should look around at there congregation of people of nonsense before judging the actions of others.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1646 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »

Thank you akmom for your nice comment. I hope she reads it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1647 on: March 30, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »

The Westboro Baptist Church, based in Kansas, is planning to protest all Virginia Tech students, including Morgan, early next month because church officials say parents of VT students encourage drinking and other activities they say are sinful. And why is this college being singled out, I guess they may think this is the only college were kids drink and do other activities that are sinful. They are not only vile, they are dangerous, and I predict one of these days something bad is going to happen when this bunch rolls into some town too spew their hatred.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1648 on: March 31, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from March 31st, 2010
On March - 31 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

Dearest Morgan:

At times I am angry but never so angry as to forget how much love we have shared and the joy we had as a family.  My heart will hold fast to that love until despair is turned away.

Love and goodness is what it is all about.  People turn towards love like plants turn towards the light and are renewed. It is important to reinforce this positive outlook tonight as negative factors gather in the periphery of our lives to feed like vultures upon the event of your demise. That mindset is so foreign to me that I really cannot comprehend it.  It is probably a mistake to waste time analyzing evil anyway – detracts from our goal of forward positive motion.

We are making it and finding a way forward despite many challenges. Like I really have been mired down with what your death involved – why such a terribly brutal ending for my sweet girl?  But it was an ending – not THE END- your being will still have meaning and impact through good works we do in your name. The suffering I manage by recalling the quote “The soul leaves the body quickly and with joy – like a child leaps from the schoolyard gate”.

Leap and fly high my little one, dragon dancer, we are OK alone here.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1649 on: March 31, 2010, 01:32:41 PM »

Thank you akmom for your nice comment. I hope she reads it.

I hope so too Edward, you are a wise monkey

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1650 on: March 31, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »

Leap and fly high my little one, dragon dancer, we are OK alone here.

2 4 1
[/quote]

Thanks so much Trimm, for  bringing Gil's words here, they always bring me to tears....
Justice for Morgan
2 4 1

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1651 on: April 01, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

http://www.findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2976

Default In Response to the Protest...
Per Dan Harrington on Facebook:

"here is a facebook page dedicated to responding to the serious domestic terriorist group Westboro Baptist Church"

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108660875826758&ref=mf

http://groups.google.com/group/hokienationresponse

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1652 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/04/01/morgan-harrington-murder-picture-of-morgans-boot-released/

Morgan Harrington Murder: Picture of Morgans Boot Released
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1653 on: April 01, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/04/01/morgan-harrington-murder-picture-of-morgans-boot-released/

Morgan Harrington Murder: Picture of Morgans Boot Released

Thank-you
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1654 on: April 01, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »

As with most concerts there were scalpers selling tickets outside the arena. If it is legal in Virginia then the possibility exists, of asking them if they remember a group of 4 males dressed in black, that didn't buy tickets. If its illegal then it would be a little more difficult, but not impossible.  Hopefully, some of the same individuals would be selling tickets for other events. If they were inside the concert, VLE would already have video and confirmation with the security.  Thanks for the New BLINK post.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: April 01, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »

Thanks Klaas.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1656 on: April 02, 2010, 07:52:18 AM »

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/15310/student-counter-protest-moved-to-glc-plaza

Thursday, April 1, 2010; 10:41 PM | 1 | ShareThis | Print
by Gordon Block, news reporter
With guidance from university administrators, Virginia Tech student representatives are moving the location of a counter-protest against the Westboro Baptist Church to the Graduate Life Center Plaza neighboring Squires Student Center.

The Topeka, Kan. church, known for its anti-Semitic and anti-gay rhetoric, is scheduled to protest in Blacksburg on Friday, April 9. The group will protest in downtown Blacksburg, outside of Blacksburg High School and in front of the Blacksburg Jewish Community Center.

According to student representatives, the counter-protest would start about noon on the day of the protest. No times for the counter-protest have been finalized.
Letter to Tech Community from Dan and Gil Harrington:
http://www.collegiatetimes.com/cms/resource/pdf/Hokie_nation.pdf
While it had been decided initially that students would protest across the street from the church’s demonstrations, university officials advised that a change in location would be best. The request to change the location came in the form of an e-mail from Ed Spencer, vice president for student affairs.

Spencer, in the e-mail sent Wednesday, said the change would divert media attention from the protest and possibly stifle violent reactions.

“Inevitably, the hateful signs, words, and actions of a protestor try the patience of a counter-protestor and an angry and often physical confrontation develops,” Spencer wrote. “Let’s not take that risk; let’s relocate the counter-protest away from the location of the WBC protest.”

At a meeting of the Commission on Student Affairs yesterday, Spencer said the group has “a hate message.”

“It’s antithetical to everything that Virginia Tech stands for in its Principles of Community,” Spencer said.

He said the change in venue would act as a “good preventative measure.”

“When you have a group like WBC, you’re better diverting attention away,” Spencer said.

At a March 27 meeting hosted by Student Government Association President Brandon Carroll, doctoral student Mathis Kennington was given the responsibility of planning the official counter-protest to the church’s downtown Blacksburg demonstration. That protest is planned to take place at the corner of Main Street and Roanoke Street.

“I’ve been around these folks enough, they really can provoke violent responses,” Kennington said. “It’s good there’s some organization, because the more unified you are, the less likely there will be a violent response.”
Kennington said that while the potential for violence is there, moving the counter-protest draws attention away from church protestors.

“Taking attention away from those protestors gives a safer context for a counter message,” Kennington said.

Carroll stressed the effectiveness of a unified response.

“It’s important we’re all on the same page,” Carroll said.

Susan Anderson, vice mayor of Blacksburg and a Tech mathematics professor, said the outcry brought back memories of a Ku Klux Klan march in the early 1990s.

The group demonstrated in the streets of downtown Blacksburg on Jan. 21, 1991, coinciding with the observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

A writer from the Los Angeles Times covered the demonstration, writing, “about 500 people taunted 30 KKK members who marched in Blacksburg surrounded by more than 200 police officers.”

Anderson was among those in attendance, and took pictures during the protest.

“Our community very clearly showed the KKK that we are a very tolerant community, that we don’t have the same values,” Anderson said. “To the best of my knowledge they haven’t marched anywhere in the region since.”

Anderson complimented Tech students, saying she was “impressed” by the tone of the counter-protest.

“It’s been very positive, very upbeat in relation to this,” Anderson said. “I haven’t seen anger or animosity.”
The Westboro Baptist Church’s downtown Blacksburg protest will focus predominantly on Morgan Harrington. The 20-year-old education major was found dead in late January after going missing in October during a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Va.

Morgan’s parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, issued an e-mail statement yesterday morning denouncing the protest, labeling WBC as “a group of domestic terrorists.”

“Yes there is evil in the world and this latest strike from it is painful and disturbing, but nothing compared to the death blow we have just survived,” Dan and Gil wrote. The pair continued, writing that they would not let “this petty evil topple us.”

“We will not be diverted from these tasks we have taken on in Morgan’s honor,” the Harringtons said. “We will not allow Morgan’s killer to erase her from the world nor these petty thugs to poison her legacy.”

The WBC has previously agreed to discontinue protests relating to the April 16, 2007 campus shootings.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1657 on: April 02, 2010, 07:56:40 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from April 2nd, 2010
On April - 2 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

Hokie Nation:

I feel your sorrow as you brace for another blast of evil on Blacksburg – the Westboro Baptist group’s planned hate rally on April 9, 2010.

Please do not respond in kind to these domestic terrorists.  Instead, be strong and let your heart lights shine – hold a concurrent silent candle light vigil in support of the Virginia Tech community as a whole and Morgan Harrington, in particular.

Protest passively to protect one of your own – your Hokie sister, Morgan Harrington from this post mortem assault.  Stop evil in its tracks.  Zero tolerance for hatred!

Be safe, be silent, be dignified, no arrests (of Hokies) but passively resist the evil that has come to town.  We feel the sensation of the Hokie Nation and its love, love is greater than hate. Eradicate the darkness and hate of the WBC with your light.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1658 on: April 02, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12245380

Video at site

Morgan Harrington targeted in protest

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The same national hate group that recently stirred up emotions here in the Richmond-area is now creating more outrage with a planned protest involving Morgan Harrington. Westboro Baptist Church is scheduled to picket outside Virginia Tech in Blacksburg where Harrington was a student.

In a phone interview Thursday, not only did Morgan's mom, Gil Harrington, reveal new details about her daughter's murder but referred to Westboro Baptist, not as a church, but domestic terrorists.

It's like pouring salt into an open wound.

"It's just so unexpected. We were really blind-sided by this. We have already had our daughter abducted, raped, and murdered, and now we have this postmortem attack. We never saw any of this coming," said Gil Harrington.

On April 9, Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Virginia Tech -- saying the recent murder of one of its students, is part of a curse from God. They've linked the 2007 Tech shootings to that same curse.

An Albemarle farmer found Morgan Harrington's skeletal remains in late January after she went missing from a Charlottesville concert.

"This is like the American Taliban. They have no personal animosity to me or to Morgan, but they're trying to create flames of fear and hatred in any arena they can," said Gil Harrington.

Last month, the same group demonstrated against gays and Jews in Richmond and Henrico. It's founder is also at the center of a legal fight. The father of a fallen marine sued because the group picketed his son's military funeral. Just this week, an appellate court in Richmond ruled in favor of Westboro, ordering the father to pay court costs. But the Supreme Court will now hear the case.

Gil Harrington may have been caught off guard by the hate group, but says Westboro shouldn't be allowed to go unchallenged.

"There needs to be some response, because no response allows them to keep growing unchallenged and unfettered," said Gil Harrington.

Westboro also plans to protest at Blacksburg High School and the Jewish Community Center. Virginia Tech students are planning to hold a silent protest in reaction to Westboro's presence next week.

2 4 1
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1659 on: April 02, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »

From what I have read and heard of the WBC the founders are family members and some hold law degrees believe it or not.  They know just how to walk the tightrope of the law.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.