March 29, 2024, 09:06:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749504 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1780 on: May 04, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »

Cece,it surely was no accident.
that he shook Love and her head repeatedly hit the wall.   Accidents don't happen like that, he is nothing but a monster, a privileged monster, that I'm sure will get handled differently than a poor monster   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: May 04, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

no, not an accident! this young man is full of anger and rage from what I am reading.
How awful for this young girl. She must not have had any warning to even get to her cell phone to call for help.
Sad for both families.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

UVA affidavit http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/050410_UVAaffidavit.pdf

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1783 on: May 04, 2010, 05:14:52 PM »

Thanks Trimm 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: May 04, 2010, 05:27:57 PM »

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/04/harrington-yeardley-connected-by-location-outrage/
  Harrington & Yeardley: Connected by location, outrage
by Courteney Stuart
published 5:17pm Tuesday May 4, 2010

Harringtons t-shirt was found just three blocks from the site of Yeardleys death.
GOOGLE MAP
ust three weeks after the father of murder victim Morgan Harrington spoke publicly of the need for safety in Charlottesville, UVA womens lacrosse player Yeardley Love, another young woman with a promising future, is dead from what appears to be a homicide.

I am so sick about this, says Morgans mother, Gil Harrington. Its devastating.

Morgan Harrington disappeared from outside a Metallica concert at UVAs John Paul Jones Arena on October 17, and her remains were discovered January 26 on a remote area of a 740-acre farm in southern Albemarle County. No arrests have been made, and the Harringtons have repeatedly warned of what they believe to be a continued menace to women in Charlottesville.

A killer walks among you, Gil Harrington has said.

While the State Police spokesperson discounts the likelihood of any connection between the Yeardley and Harrington cases, there are at least three similarities:

there were crushing injuries in both cases,
Morgans shirt was found at the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, about three blocks from Loves apartment, and
there was a lacrosse connection (as a group of UVA mens lacrosse players reportedly discovered Morgans purse on their way to practice the morning following her disappearance.

Harrington doesnt believe the cases are connected; but she does, however, think theres significance to the location of the shirt.

These things dont occur in a vacuum, says Harrington. You need to connect the dots and figure out what is enabling these things to happen in your community. Why here, why now?
Harrington isnt the only person speaking out against what she sees as a culture that somehow condones violence in and around the University of Virginia.

This is yet another sad chapter in the book of my beloved alma mater as we see another beautiful life taken by violence, says Liz Seccuro, who was sexually assaulted in a UVA fraternity house in 1984 and whose assailant, William N. Beebe pleaded guilty more than two decades later after he admitted to the crime in a letter of apology. Seccuro has long maintained that the university which reserves its single-sanction Honor Code for lying, cheating, and stealing fails to support victims of sexual crimes.

Susan Russell shares her discomfort. The founder of the uvavictimsofrape.com website which she launched after her daughters alleged 2004 rape at the school, says she was disturbed by the statement offered by UVA president John Casteen announcing Loves death in which he expresses anger on reading that the investigators believe that another student caused it.

Where has he been all these years? asks Russell. As mother of a victim on his campus, it strikes me that hes living in some kind of bubble and doesnt believe that students harm other students.

In 2004, after the Hook published an article titled How UVA Turns its Back on Rape, nearly 500 students donned gags in protest of the schools policies toward victims of sexual assault. In response, UVA rewrote its sexual assault policies aiming to provide more support to victims. Seccuro and Russell, however, say its not nearly enough.

The time has come for UVAs administration to seriously address this pandemic, says Seccuro, and not bury the public with the idea that policies are being reviewed.

UVA spokesperson Carol Wood did not return the Hooks call for comment by presstime. But in this case, the charges have moved far beyond the hallowed halls of the University and into the Charlottesville criminal justice system.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1785 on: May 04, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

Thanks Cece and Trim

here's another article

snipped

While the State Police spokesperson discounts the likelihood of any connection between the Yeardley and Harrington cases, there are at least three similarities:

Morgans shirt was found at the corner of 15th Street and Grady Avenue, about three blocks from Loves apartment, and
there was a lacrosse connection (as a group of UVA mens lacrosse players reportedly discovered Morgans purse on their way to practice the morning following her disappearance.

Harrington doesnt believe the cases are connected; but she does, however, think theres significance

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/04/harrington-yeardley-connected-by-location-outrage/

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: May 04, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »

Thanks Cece and Trim

here's another article

snipped

Harrington doesnt believe the cases are connected; but she does, however, think theres significance

Thank you!   

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1787 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »

I know this is Morgan's thread but I am so sick over this.  This young man has never been made to pay for any of his transgressions.  He has a history of violence and has been tazed by police.  This is unbelievable.  I also cannot understand with the amount of blood loss there had to be, how her roommates could mistake her condition for having been possibly drunk.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1788 on: May 04, 2010, 10:54:10 PM »

I know this is Morgan's thread but I am so sick over this.  This young man has never been made to pay for any of his transgressions.  He has a history of violence and has been tazed by police.  This is unbelievable.  I also cannot understand with the amount of blood loss there had to be, how her roommates could mistake her condition for having been possibly drunk.

ITA akmom.  It's terrible. I've read in a follow up article his defense attorney says Yeardly's death was an "accident".  How is it an accident if someone shakes you and slams your head into the wall repeatedly and it kills you an "accident'?     I wonder if this dude was on some sort of rage due to steroids or other performance enhancing drugs?  And the roommates?  I don't know how they could mistake her condition for alcohol poisoning.  Did anyone even go to her and roll her over and look at her?  See if she was breathing? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: May 05, 2010, 06:19:58 AM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12427656
May 4, 2010
Morgan Harrington's mother responds to UVA murder
The murder of Yeardly Love hits espeically hard for one local family whose college-age daughter was also killed.

Morgan Harrington's Mother said, "I think there needs to be more vigilance there needs to be a higher level of alertness."

Gil Harrington also talked about how college women today don't understand how vulnerable they are on or off campus.

Her daughter Morgan disappeared at a concert in Charlottesville last October and was found murdered just ten miles south of the UVA campus this spring.

No one has been arrested in the Harrington murder.

A world away from these murders Morgan Harrington is being honored.

In Zambia, Africa, they are adding a wing onto a school there and naming it for Morgan Harrington who hoped to become a teacher.

Last month, Gil Harrington went on a medical mission to Zambia with the local group OMNI.@

She said, "I did take some of her ashes and put them in the foundation area for the Morgan Harrington edcuation wing. It was thirlling and moving and bitterswt but I'm really glad I did."

They hope the Morgan Harrington educational wing will be complete this fall.

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1790 on: May 05, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/opinion/op_ed/article/facing_loss_one_more_time/55746/

Facing loss one more time

Last fall this community absorbed with shock the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, visiting Charlottesville for a concert.
And just one month ago, a local man was killed and a young woman attacked in a horric confrontation on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
And a UVa student died recently in a bicycle accident.
Now we must deal with another loss.
University of Virginia lacrosse player Yeardley Love was found dead in her apartment two days ago, and another UVa student a member of the mens lacrosse team has been charged in connection with her death.
The shock lingers. After the shock comes the sorrow. The hurt runs deep.

cont...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1791 on: May 05, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harringtons thoughts on May 5th, 2010
  On May - 5 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

My reserves are further stressed this week by closing out Morgans apartment in Blacksburg. Mine to do, I know. Both an honor and a most taxing obligation. I really liked the chance to have my hands in the mix of her life one last time. To read all Morgans scrawled lists and post- its everywhere. She was so busy, so many plans to do and accomplish. Smell her t-shirts. Shake my head over impossibly high-heeled shoes and tattered, ratty sneakers.

We had moved her into that apartment such a short time ago, with such hopes and plans for her future. Morgan had such a wonderful, rich, together life. Just devastating that someone could end it all, end her very life with his hate and depravity.

As I sift and sort Morgans things, some of my inner dialogue is ridiculous, even to me. Im trying to figure out what to keep and what to discard. All feels precious because it has an association to Morgan, but it is overwhelming and not practical to keep it all. So I find myself asking, how many shirts does a dead girl need in her closet? Whats the rule of thumb/protocol for this aberrant reality we live in?

I realize theres no rule. The gauge is me. How much is enough so that when I open her closet or drawer I can get a sense of her, but not so many empty things and NO Morgan that I am undone. Its a delicate compromise to find just where the zone of comfort is for us. Where memory cues remind us of our precious daughter, but not so intensely that we are engulfed and drown in the loss once more.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »

Praying For Justice.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: May 05, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=12430987
Gil Harrington Stops in Charlottesville
Posted: May 05, 2010 1:53 PM CDT Updated: May 05, 2010 5:16 PM CDT
One of Morgan Harrington's parents was in Charlottesville Wednesday with the Yeardley Love case on her mind.

Gil Harrington stopped by the Copeley Road Bridge near the University of Virginia. It was the last place her daughter was seen alive last year.

Gil says recent news of violence in the city puts safety issues in the community back on the front burner. She says the UVA lacrosse killing raises real safety issues that are not being talked about in the community.

Harrington said, "There's nothing formal. I think those are dialogues that have not yet been had that need to occur."

Gil left a rock at the memorial site for her daughter. When we checked with state police Wednesday afternoon they said there's no new information that they're willing to release about the hunt for Morgan's killer.

The Harrington's are building the Morgan Harrington Educational Wing in Africa, that's part of the Orphan Medical Network International.

Video   http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4760903&autostart=true

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3447
Blink posted this slide show.   an angelic monkey  I thought everyone might like to see the Morgan's rocks.
http://s1030.photobucket.com/albums/y361/juliemooly_2010_2/Morgan%20Rocks%20May%2004%202010/?albumview=slideshow

~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1795 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »

Thanks Trimm. That is beautiful, the swan is amazing.

2 4 1
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1796 on: May 06, 2010, 07:26:31 AM »

what a beautiful girl Morgan is...
I can not begin to imagine the pain her parents are going through...

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1797 on: May 06, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0510/733158.html

Charlottesville, VA - In light of Yeardley Love's case, Gil Harrington spoke about Love Wednesday from the Copeley Road Bridge - where her own daughter disappeared from last October. You'll remember, she's the Virginia Tech student found murdered in January. There are still no suspects. Harrington says she feels for Love's family calling the situation heartbreaking. Gil Harrington, Morgan's Mother -- When you have experienced such tremendous loss as we have with Morgan's murder it makes you more permeable to other people's losses and we are just devastated for the family of this young woman. For now, the Harrington's are still in the process of healing. They built a school in Zambia in Morgan's honor. Harrington says she scattered some of Morgan's ashes on the school's foundation.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1798 on: May 06, 2010, 01:07:19 PM »

Just lovely  an angelic monkey
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1799 on: May 06, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »

Thanks Cece and Trim

here's another article

snipped

Thank you!  
This murder may have more connections than this.  The night of the concert some witnesses reported a group of UVA basketball players playing on a court and talking to Morgan.  The witness should be asked additional questions like- Were the persons playing actually from the UVA team or were they wearing official UVA practice shirts and were assumed to be on the team since they were playing basketball? Next, it would be possible the lacrosse player in question for the recent murder is 6'2"  could be mistaken for a UVA basket ball player at night. Are they planning on at least a possible line up? Has anyone on the team been to the farm house or lived near it?  We had less connections in the San Diego murders recently, that all tied together.  Hopefully, there is real follow up on this.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.