March 28, 2024, 07:51:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington missing since 10/17/09#1 10/19/09-7/1/10  (Read 749083 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »

No Rose you didn't upset me. I'm too old to get upset. I just don't understand the motives of some people, like that woman on ws. Here is a picture of John Paul Jones Arena so people maybe will get an idea of the area we are talking about.

Thank-you. I don't get that either, why people insert themselves into cases, I'm guessing for attention, and maybe some have mental health issues, I really don't know. I just hope Morgan comes home safe  an angelic monkey
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 02:32:31 PM »

No Rose you didn't upset me. I'm too old to get upset. I just don't understand the motives of some people, like that woman on ws. Here is a picture of John Paul Jones Arena so people maybe will get an idea of the area we are talking about.

Suzie - are you saying that there are no high up seats?

Not understanding why the WS poster's story can't be correct?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »

umm...hope that didn't sound disrespectful, SuzieQ - I was just wondering what sparked your hinky meter on that story...

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »

umm...hope that didn't sound disrespectful, SuzieQ - I was just wondering what sparked your hinky meter on that story...
Most arenas do have higher up seats at least in my experience, but I don't know, how many people does this arena hold for a concert/sporting event?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 02:50:10 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=11376649

FBI joins search for missing VT student
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 7:57 AM PDT Updated: Oct 24, 2009 9:30 AM PDT

From NBC12 News

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (NBC12) - It's been a week since Virginia Tech student, Morgan Harrington went missing and now the FBI is part of that search.   

The bureau will be able to investigate tips from around the country.   

Harrington went missing last Saturday night after a Metallica concert in Charlottesville.   

This morning the 20-year-old's parents were on the Today show.   

Her mother explained a chilliing statement their son Alex made about his sister.

"He said Morgan has a purpose in this world and Morgan is so special that whoever took her is going to keep her around for a while," said Gil Harrignton. "So please, let Morgan go, no questions asked, let her come home to us."   

Right now there is a $100 thousand reward for any information that leads to her safe return.   

If you know anything call the tip line at 434-352-3467.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »

Her mother explained a chilliing statement their son Alex made about his sister.

"He said Morgan has a purpose in this world and Morgan is so special that whoever took her is going to keep her around for a while," said Gil Harrignton. "So please, let Morgan go, no questions asked, let her come home to us."        That is one of the most bizare statements imo. I'm not even sure what to say.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/10/24/metallica-missing-girl-eyewitness/
Alleged Eyewitness Comes Forward in Missing Metallica Fan Case
Missing Metallica Fan Case
Posted 31 minutes ago by Chris Harris
A week after she inexplicably vanished from Metallica's Oct. 17 concert, there is still no sign of Morgan Harrington, a blue-eyed blond 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, after an exhaustive ground and aerial search and tips phoned in from hundreds of sources of varying credibility.

Harrington, whose case has drawn national attention, was last seen in a Pantera shirt, a black skirt and black boots. She went to the concert with friends, but, after going to use the bathroom, somehow found herself outside the venue, where there is a no re-entry policy. On Oct. 23, the Federal Bureau of Investigation joined the investigation, which is being handled as a criminal matter. While this could mean the scope of the investigation is spreading beyond Virginia's borders, the FBI, according to reports, will help in tracking down tips from around the country.

A task force investigating the killings of two Virginia Tech students back in August has ruled out any connection between Harrington and the couple who were killed in Jefferson National Forest.

According to one report, a grandmother from the Richmond, Va., area who claims she was in the parking lot of the site of the Metallica concert, the John Paul Jones Arena, that very evening believes she saw Harrington, and her story is disturbing.
She claims a young woman and a young man were physically struggling with one another, and that the young woman looked a lot like Morgan. The grandmother has asked to remain anonymous.

The woman called police Monday night, after seeing Harrington's picture on the news. She says the fight happened behind her car, which was parked outside the arena while Metallica were still on stage. The woman was there to pick up her son and grandson from the concert. Then, she claims she heard a loud noise.

"I heard them being very loud and it sounded like maybe like she got smacked or something," the grandmother says. "The two people were in, like, a hand lock; she had her hands on his arm and he had his hands on her arm, pushing back and forth."

She says the girl then started walking back toward the arena and the young man headed for the road, but later, ran back to the girl. She says it appeared the two knew each other, and she only had a vague description of the young man she saw.

Meanwhile, police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville, Va., on Oct. 24, and confirmed they were looking for Harrington. Police were looking into a tip they'd received about the parking lot in front of the motel, not the building itself.

A $100,000 reward for information leading to Harrington's whereabouts is being offered. You can go to FindMorgan.com for more information.
Metallica issued a statement earlier this week, saying that they "are deeply concerned about the disappearance of Morgan Dana Harrington. She was not carrying I.D. or a cell phone. Morgan was separated from her friends shortly before 9 PM at the venue, and police have been searching the area since Monday. We encourage anyone who has any information regarding Morgan's disappearance to please come forward. Our thoughts are with Morgan and her family for her safe return."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »

Thanks trim 
Tried to post that several times and kept getting knocked out of the forum...ugh 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »

Thanks trim 
Tried to post that several times and kept getting knocked out of the forum...ugh 

I got knocked out too,dagnabit.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 07:34:39 PM »

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1009/671768.html
Tip Leads Police to Albemarle Co. Hotel
10/24/09 5:35 pm
Albemarle County, VA - State Police say a tip in the Morgan Harrington investigation lead officers to a hotel outside of Charlottesville Saturday. Police spokesperson Corrine Geller says investigators were following up on a lead about some suspicious activity at the Comfort Inn in Albemarle County. Geller says at this time, the lead has brought no new developments.

~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »

"Police Say Harrington Sighting Was A "False Alarm"
Charlottesville, VA
Police in Charlottesville say a sighting of a Virginia Tech student who has been missing for a week was a "false alarm."
Posted: 12:13 PM Oct 24, 2009

Acting on a tip, police shut down access to the Comfort Inn motel at I-64 and Route 250 in Charlottesville Saturday morning and confirmed they were looking for Morgan Harrington.

However after fingerprinting a blue truck in the motel parking lot and having bloodhounds search the surrounding areas, police say the sighting was a "false alarm."

Harrington is the Virginia Tech student who disappeared last Saturday while attending a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia.

Crime Stoppers is currently offering a $100,000 reward for information related to the Harrington disappearance."

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/65900257.html

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2009, 08:59:51 PM »

I don't know if I would call them, high up seat. At least nose bleed seats that someone would have to move down from. This is where the UVA hold their basketball games. What caught my eye the most was the mention of curtains. I have been there several times and never saw a curtain.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »

I copied this from the facebook page they set up for Morgan.

View towards frontage of PJP Arena, notice the open parking lot from Copeley Road (wooded access road that wraps around the arena). The closest non-UVA locations are a Taco Bell and McDonalds, about a block or two away.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2009, 09:15:26 PM »

Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575&ref=search&sid=666482915.1685764065..1

2 4 1
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 03:03:55 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/two_dozen_still_on_va._missing_list/48005/

Two dozen still on Va. missing list
By Ted Strong
Published: October 25, 2009

Morgan Harrington isn’t the only person reported missing in Virginia, just the most famous at the moment.

More than two dozen unsolved cases, the earliest dating from the late 1970s, are listed on the Virginia State Police’s missing persons Web site.

The missing are gone for a variety of reasons.

A case from the late 1970s includes a pair of girls who left to hitchhike from Roanoke to Florida and were never seen again.

Other cases involve men who have wandered away from car accidents never to be seen again, including Buckingham County resident Robert Lee Kelley, who went missing in July 2002.

Some had medical or mental problems.

One person left nothing more than smeared blood. Others, like Harrington, simply vanished, not taking any possessions or leaving any clues about where they were going.

About a fifth of Virginia’s missing person cases are from Norfolk or Portsmouth.

The only other missing person case from Charlottesville is Quinn Renard Woodfolk.

In summer 1998, 12-year-old Woodfolk went missing. He was the subject of a search and subsequent news coverage, but faded quickly from the scene.

He’s still listed on the Virginia State Police’s missing persons database.

His case isn’t a direct parallel for Harrington’s, though. At the time, police said they suspected he might have fallen in with a bad crowd, possibly drug dealers from New York. There’s no public theory yet on where Morgan went.

Harrington isn’t even the most recent of the six people who disappeared in 2009. William Paul Allen, an 83-year-old man, disappeared Monday in Accomack.

At a news conference earlier this week, state police Lt. Joe Rader defended the amount of effort that state police have put into the hunt for Harrington.

He said that resources aren’t spread evenly across every missing person case. Instead, they’re sent to where they’re likely to do the most good.

Aircraft, dogs and manpower have all been used in the search for Harrington. Even the FBI has gotten in on the act.

“This is the freshest missing person case in the Appomattox Field Office,” which includes Charlottesville, Rader said.

And then there’s the media response. In Virginia, media interest has been intense. Media outlets from a variety of cities, including Richmond and Roanoke, have come to the news conferences outside of the University of Virginia’s police headquarters.

The Beckley, W.Va., Register-Herald ran an article centering on the fact that Harrington’s father is a Beckley native.

National media outlets have picked up the story, too, and not just brief headline summaries. The mystery even got airtime on CNN’s “Nancy Grace” program, with Harrington’s mother talking about her daughter choosing an outfit for the concert.

In all, a Google News search turned up more than 1,400 articles on the missing girl, though of course many of those are different outlets republishing the same wire service copy.

That massive exposure is, at least in some part, the result of a deliberate effort on the part of the Harrington family to keep the case in the spotlight as much as possible.

Dan Harrington, Morgan’s father, said Thursday that the family feels the best way to help their missing daughter is to publicize her case in the hopes that a tip will lead to her whereabouts.

By this weekend, state police had received more than 150 tips from the Central Virginia area as well as the rest of the country.

Some of those tips involved potential sightings of Morgan, either charting her movements at the concert or potentially revealing where she’s been since. Others have been simply theories of what has happened.

“We just tried to be on the highest level of news that [the media] would allow us to get on,” Dan Harrington said Thursday
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »

I don't know if I would call them, high up seat. At least nose bleed seats that someone would have to move down from. This is where the UVA hold their basketball games. What caught my eye the most was the mention of curtains. I have been there several times and never saw a curtain.

ok, gotcha.  thx Smile

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2009, 09:35:48 AM »

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/two_dozen_still_on_va._missing_list/48005/

Two dozen still on Va. missing list
By Ted Strong
Published: October 25, 2009

Morgan Harrington isn’t the only person reported missing in Virginia, just the most famous at the moment.

More than two dozen unsolved cases, the earliest dating from the late 1970s, are listed on the Virginia State Police’s missing persons Web site.

The missing are gone for a variety of reasons.

A case from the late 1970s includes a pair of girls who left to hitchhike from Roanoke to Florida and were never seen again.

Other cases involve men who have wandered away from car accidents never to be seen again, including Buckingham County resident Robert Lee Kelley, who went missing in July 2002.

Some had medical or mental problems.

One person left nothing more than smeared blood. Others, like Harrington, simply vanished, not taking any possessions or leaving any clues about where they were going.

About a fifth of Virginia’s missing person cases are from Norfolk or Portsmouth.

The only other missing person case from Charlottesville is Quinn Renard Woodfolk.

In summer 1998, 12-year-old Woodfolk went missing. He was the subject of a search and subsequent news coverage, but faded quickly from the scene.

He’s still listed on the Virginia State Police’s missing persons database.

His case isn’t a direct parallel for Harrington’s, though. At the time, police said they suspected he might have fallen in with a bad crowd, possibly drug dealers from New York. There’s no public theory yet on where Morgan went.

Harrington isn’t even the most recent of the six people who disappeared in 2009. William Paul Allen, an 83-year-old man, disappeared Monday in Accomack.

At a news conference earlier this week, state police Lt. Joe Rader defended the amount of effort that state police have put into the hunt for Harrington.

He said that resources aren’t spread evenly across every missing person case. Instead, they’re sent to where they’re likely to do the most good.

Aircraft, dogs and manpower have all been used in the search for Harrington. Even the FBI has gotten in on the act.

“This is the freshest missing person case in the Appomattox Field Office,” which includes Charlottesville, Rader said.

And then there’s the media response. In Virginia, media interest has been intense. Media outlets from a variety of cities, including Richmond and Roanoke, have come to the news conferences outside of the University of Virginia’s police headquarters.

The Beckley, W.Va., Register-Herald ran an article centering on the fact that Harrington’s father is a Beckley native.

National media outlets have picked up the story, too, and not just brief headline summaries. The mystery even got airtime on CNN’s “Nancy Grace” program, with Harrington’s mother talking about her daughter choosing an outfit for the concert.

In all, a Google News search turned up more than 1,400 articles on the missing girl, though of course many of those are different outlets republishing the same wire service copy.

That massive exposure is, at least in some part, the result of a deliberate effort on the part of the Harrington family to keep the case in the spotlight as much as possible.

Dan Harrington, Morgan’s father, said Thursday that the family feels the best way to help their missing daughter is to publicize her case in the hopes that a tip will lead to her whereabouts.

By this weekend, state police had received more than 150 tips from the Central Virginia area as well as the rest of the country.

Some of those tips involved potential sightings of Morgan, either charting her movements at the concert or potentially revealing where she’s been since. Others have been simply theories of what has happened.

“We just tried to be on the highest level of news that [the media] would allow us to get on,” Dan Harrington said Thursday

I get so pissed off when I see complaints about how one missing person gets more attention than another.

Yes, the media will highlight the case that gets them the most hits/viewers - but is that the fault of the missing person???

NO!!!

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-3035-Everyday-People-Examiner~y2009m10d25-Metallica-offers-reward-for-return-of-missing-fan--Morgan-Dana-Harrington
Metallica offers reward for return of missing fan - Morgan Dana Harrington
October 25, 10:39 AMEveryday People ExaminerTrina Hoaks

Morgan Dana Harrington has been missing for a week now. She was last seen last Saturday when she and friends went to a Metallica concert. Midway through the concert, before Metallica took the stage, Morgan left her friends to go to the restroom. For some reason, she then left the John Paul Jones Arena.

She phoned her friends, who were still inside, to tell them that she was outside and not allowed to re-enter the building. That was the last anyone heard from the Virginia Tech student.

Although officials do not know if there was any foul play in her disappearance, the search for the missing 20-year-old is being treated as a criminal investigation.

Her cell phone and purse were found in a parking lot near the venue and were turned over to police Sunday morning. They examined the area where the items were found but saw no signs of a struggle.

Police have received several tips so far but none have led them to Morgan.

The members of Metallica have now joined the plea for people to help in the search for the missing woman. They have posted to their Web site, "We are deeply concerned about the disappearance of 20 year old Virginia Tech student Morgan Dana Harrington, who was last seen while attending our concert at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA, on Saturday night." This is followed up with information about and pictures of the missing woman.

In addition, according to a report on MSNBC, Metallica has now offered up a $50,000 reward for information leading to Morgan's return. This has been added to the $100,000 reward offered by Morgan's family.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11379368
October 25, 2009
State police hand out fliers with picture of Morgan Harrington

Virginia State Police handed out fliers in Charlottesville Saturday to aid in the search for missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

Here is the full press release from State Police:

Several Virginia State Police troopers and agents spent Saturday evening (Oct. 24) on foot in the immediate area of John Paul Jones Arena in Charlotteville handing out fliers to pedestrians and motorists. The flier featured Miss Harrington's photo and a brief description of her and the circumstances of her disappearance, as well as contact information to provide tips and information. This activity took place between the hours of 4 p.m. and 12 a.m.   "The purpose of this effort was to interact with people and generate new leads from anyone who might routinely frequent and/or travel that area on Saturday nights," said Lt. Joe Rader, Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's Appomattox Field Office.   State Police personnel were able to talk to a number of people. However, nothing significant has developed as of right now.   Miss Harrington's photograph was also featured on the "Whoo-tron" at the beginning and during half-time of the UVA football game on Saturday in an effort to encourage people with information to call the tip line.   As leads continue to come in, state and local police will continue to follow up on them throughout the day.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2322394/morgan_harrington_is_missing_search.html?cat=8
Morgan Harrington is Missing: Search Continues for Virginia Tech Student

October 25, 2009
Morgan Harrington Vanished After Metallica Concert
Morgan Dana Harrington is missing. The 20-year-old Virginia Tech student has been missing a week and, even though they do not actually have reason to believe a crime was committed, the Charlottesville the Charlottesville
Date: October 24, 2009
Charlottesville, VA
United States of America
Daily Progress reports that police are now pursuing the case as a criminal investigation. Virginia State Police handed out flyers around the John Paul Jones Arena Saturday. Morgan Harrington's picture and information about her disappearance was included on the flyer. Authorities stated that they hoped to interact with the public and generate new leads in the investigation.

Morgan Harrington hasn't been seen or heard from since about 9:30 p.m. last Saturday night when she left her girlfriends at a Metallica concert and somehow ended up outside the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Virginia, which has a no re-entry policy. Morgan Harington called her girlfriends and told them she would either wait for them or find another way home.

She wasn't waiting outside the arena when the Metallica concert ended. The Virginia Tech student never made it back to Blacksburg, either. A passerby found Morgan Harrington's purse and cell phone the next day near the arena. The cell phone's battery was missing. Her parents reported her missing the same day.

University of Virginia Police announced that ground searches had been halted after Thursday. They reported that the investigation would now center around Morgan Harrington's state and circumstances when she went missing.

Although the case has garnered some national publicity, the case has been somewhat stonewalled by a lack of evidence. Speculation is rampant about the 20-year-old disappearing with someone she met at the concert, purposely absenting herself from her former life, and/or perhaps being abducted (some point to the missing battery in her cell phone as evidence of foul play). But they are scenarios without actual proof.

Page: 1 2 Next »
 Morgan Harrington Vanished After Metallica Concert
However, as Crimesider reported, Morgan Harrington's parents maintain that her disappearance is far out of character for their daughter. She talked to her parents every day but they have had no contact since she vanished at the Metallica concert.

In a phone interview Tuesday, Morgan's father, Dan Harrington, said, "Morgan is a pretty transparent kid, who's had a really close relationship with us. I don't think there are lots of secrets, so this kind of behavior of (her) missing is not something I think we would expect."

Her father said she had wanted his help studying for a test Sunday and when he didn't hear from her, he called her friends. After they admitted to not seeing Morgan since before 8:40 and had only talked with her on the phone afterward, Harrington notified the police.

Although police still have no indication that a crime was committed, the fact that Morgan Harrington's absence has become prolonged and is not within her normal behavior patterns, police have begun to treat the matter as a criminal investigation. Unlike the Kristi Cornwell abduction in Georgia, where police have a witness (via phone) that foul play likely occurred, the Morgan Harrington investigation has a purse and cell phone and statements from Harrington's friends that she notified them on her cell phone that she would either wait for them outside the Metallica concert or find herself a ride home.

In the ongoing Kristi Cornwell case, investigators say they are making progress in the missing person case. According to True Crime Report, 17 agencies are involved in the search for the Blairsville, Georgia, woman who went missing on August 11 while taking a walk near her home. She was on the phone with her boyfriend at the time. The last thing he heard were the sounds of a struggle and a yelled, "Don't take me!" Kristi Cornwell's phone was found a few days later three miles from where investigators believe she may have been abducted.

Anyone having any information regarding the whereabouts of Kristi Cornwell are asked to call the Union County Sheriff's Department at 706-439-6066.

There is a $100,000 reward being offered for any information regarding Morgan's disappearance or her whereabouts. Anyone with information are urged to call the tip-line at (434) 352-3467.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.