April 19, 2024, 12:52:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 764301 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1160 on: October 23, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »

The digging machine is for the abandoned house, and just thinking maybe her backpack and lunch box may be buried there, I don't know, just trying to figure why they would be digging.

That's a possibility I'm sure. But why would they need a digging machine for that?  That's the part that stumps me.  That's "heavy machinery" intended to move volumes of dirt quickly.  I just don't get it. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1161 on: October 23, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »

Good morning monkeys.

I am just gonna throw this out there don't think it has a particular role in this story but somethin to think about...

You guys have been talkin about trash and how they should be able to know where she came from or was put in the trash (so sad to say) anyways, we do not throw anything with our name or address or any combination of those in the trash we shred everything.

Not that everyone does just a thought

we shred stuff too,,,but not junk mail with our address on it or magazines with the subscription name on it...probably should...or what about prescription bottles of meds? those labels should be shredded as well but I bet that most people don't do that...
I don't  But I guess I better.

From what I understand, there was a mixture of residential and commercial trash in the dumpster.  Few businesses, especially the smaller ones, shred everything with identifying information on it.  It's too expensive and time consuming to shred catalogs, junk mail, solicitations, general correspondence, and so forth.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1162 on: October 23, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

A letter to TES from Somer's father

To: TES Members – Florida
I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to each of you who were able to participate in the recent search for Somer Thompson in Orange Park. The email requesting your assistance was sent the evening of October 20th for a search the following morning. Not much advanced notice, but you responded without hesitation. I realize that many of you took time away from work and other commitments to be there and that is admirable.
Although the outcome of this case was not what we had all prayed for, be assured that the effort put forth by each of you allowed the Clay County Sheriff’s Office to utilize their available man-power to concentrate on following leads, conducting interviews and other investigative activities.
I had the opportunity to speak with several members of law enforcement, the U.S. Navy, and residents of the Orange Park community and each expressed two things; first a true appreciation for your efforts and second the question of how it is we continue to do this realizing that the outcome may be tragic. My response to this was simple; “we all have our reasons and it’s what we do”.
Grieve the outcome and keep Somer and her family in your prayers, but rest well knowing that your actions continue to have a tremendous positive impact on your character and the professionalism of our Florida membership and the entire TES organization.
Again I thank each of you for a job well done!
Rich

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Somer-Thompson-Thank-You.pdf

huh? Somer's fathers name is Thompson....
did I read this wrong?

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1163 on: October 23, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »

I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to each of you who were able to participate in the recent search for Somer Thompson in Orange Park. The email requesting your assistance was sent the evening of October 20th for a search the following morning. Not much advanced notice, but you responded without hesitation. I realize that many of you took time away from work and other commitments to be there and that is admirable.
Although the outcome of this case was not what we had all prayed for, be assured that the effort put forth by each of you allowed the Clay County Sheriff’s Office to utilize their available man-power to concentrate on following leads, conducting interviews and other investigative activities.
I had the opportunity to speak with several members of law enforcement, the U.S. Navy, and residents of the Orange Park community and each expressed two things; first a true appreciation for your efforts and second the question of how it is we continue to do this realizing that the outcome may be tragic. My response to this was simple; “we all have our reasons and it’s what we do”.
Grieve the outcome and keep Somer and her family in your prayers, but rest well knowing that your actions continue to have a tremendous positive impact on your character and the professionalism of our Florida membership and the entire TES organization.
Rich

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Somer-Thompson-Thank-You.pdf

Thank you Sunny.  It is so good to see a family (unlike the Anthonys) that have an appreciation for what the searchers have to go through in order to help.
 an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1164 on: October 23, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »

Good morning monkeys.

I am just gonna throw this out there don't think it has a particular role in this story but somethin to think about...

You guys have been talkin about trash and how they should be able to know where she came from or was put in the trash (so sad to say) anyways, we do not throw anything with our name or address or any combination of those in the trash we shred everything.

we shred stuff too,,,but not junk mail with our address on it or magazines with the subscription name on it...probably should...or what about prescription bottles of meds? those labels should be shredded as well but I bet that most people don't do that...

From what I understand, there was a mixture of residential and commercial trash in the dumpster.  Few businesses, especially the smaller ones, shred everything with identifying information on it.  It's too expensive and time consuming to shred catalogs, junk mail, solicitations, general correspondence, and so forth.

most people don't shred their mail...imo...

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1165 on: October 23, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »

Jess, sorry - I didn't know what I was talking about re: the digging machine.  I have to agree that it is strange they would need a machine to dig.  I would think they would want to do it by hand very carefully as to not disrupt anything in the soil.

Maybe concrete was recently poured?  just a thought.

thanks to those who answered re: the house fire.  I was wondering if there had been any other crimes/disappearances in the area since the fire but have not found any as yet.

Gotta wonder about the digging...wow.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1166 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »

Rich

did I read this wrong?

Rich Giles is a member of TES, not Somer's dad.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1167 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:30 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6682653.html

No sex offenders suspects in Fla. girl's death
By KATE BRUMBACK Associated Press Writer © 2009 The Associated Press
Oct. 23, 2009, 9:58AM

ORANGE PARK, Fla. — Investigators have finished talking to all the registered sex offenders living within a 5-mile radius of Somer Thompson's house, though none of them is considered a suspect in the girl's death.

Clay County Sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Justino also said Friday that no witnesses have come forward to say they saw the 7-year-old attacked or abducted.

Somer's body was found Wednesday by investigators sorting through tons of garbage in a Georgia landfill.

She vanished while walking home from her Orange Park school on Monday. Justino says investigators are collecting evidence from a vacant home along that road because the girl was last seen in front of it.

An autopsy has been completed, but authorities won't disclose their findings.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1168 on: October 23, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »

Rich

an angelic monkey  Thanks for posting that.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1169 on: October 23, 2009, 11:15:10 AM »

Good morning monkeys.

even the receipts from my grocery store show my name on them when I use my grocery discount card.  and usually I leave them in the bottom of the bag and then recycle the bag for garbage, dog doodie, etc...

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1170 on: October 23, 2009, 11:15:20 AM »

Jess, sorry - I didn't know what I was talking about re: the digging machine.  I have to agree that it is strange they would need a machine to dig.  I would think they would want to do it by hand very carefully as to not disrupt anything in the soil.

thanks to those who answered re: the house fire.  I was wondering if there had been any other crimes/disappearances in the area since the fire but have not found any as yet.

Wasn't there another "near abduction" recently in that area?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1171 on: October 23, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »

The digging machine is for the abandoned house, and just thinking maybe her backpack and lunch box may be buried there, I don't know, just trying to figure why they would be digging.

That's a possibility I'm sure. But why would they need a digging machine for that?  That's the part that stumps me.  That's "heavy machinery" intended to move volumes of dirt quickly.  I just don't get it. 
I know, just throwing things out there, I don't want to go in the direction that someone could be buried there I guess 
MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1172 on: October 23, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »

Maybe the black and white pic was taken when he was younger.
I found this last night but didn't want to log back in to post it so will do it now.

I'm pretty sure this is a more current photo of the California Charles that is NOT the Florida Charles 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1173 on: October 23, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »

Rich

did I read this wrong?

in red...threw me off....if it is from Somer's father, why is it from Rich? just curious...not nitpicking...
am glad that someone is thanking TES, no matter who is doing it..

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1174 on: October 23, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »

LE says that they feel that was NOT an attempted abduction.  Someone here (rose?) read that the child was almost hit by the car and the car stopped to make sure she was alright.

Wasn't there another "near abduction" recently in that area?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1175 on: October 23, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6682653.html

No sex offenders suspects in Fla. girl's death
By KATE BRUMBACK Associated Press Writer © 2009 The Associated Press
Oct. 23, 2009, 9:58AM

ORANGE PARK, Fla. — Investigators have finished talking to all the registered sex offenders living within a 5-mile radius of Somer Thompson's house, though none of them is considered a suspect in the girl's death.

Clay County Sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Justino also said Friday that no witnesses have come forward to say they saw the 7-year-old attacked or abducted.

Somer's body was found Wednesday by investigators sorting through tons of garbage in a Georgia landfill.

She vanished while walking home from her Orange Park school on Monday. Justino says investigators are collecting evidence from a vacant home along that road because the girl was last seen in front of it.

An autopsy has been completed, but authorities won't disclose their findings.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

I'm going to take a walk, I just have bad feelings about Sean, and I don't want to go there, need to clear my head.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1176 on: October 23, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »

Thank you Jill.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1177 on: October 23, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »

Rich

did I read this wrong?

in red...threw me off....if it is from Somer's father, why is it from Rich? just curious...not nitpicking...
am glad that someone is thanking TES, no matter who is doing it..

don't quote me, but I believe that Rich Giles is in charge of the Central Florida division of TES.  Most likely he organized the TES search for Somer.

But I know who Rich is, and he's not Somer's dad.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1178 on: October 23, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »

Thank you Jill.

sorry, I screwed that up and got in your box.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1179 on: October 23, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »

http://www.minnpost.com/worldcsm/2009/10/23/12791/somer_thompson_lived_near_161_sex_offenders_is_that_number_high

Somer Thompson lived near 161 sex offenders: Is that number high?

By Tracey D. Samuelson | Published Fri, Oct 23 2009 10:01 am

Authorities announced Thursday that they have found the body of seven-year-old Somer Thompson in a Georgia landfill 50 miles from her home. She was abducted Monday as she was walking home from school in Orange Park, Fla.

Police have said it was a homicide but have not reported any motives for the crime. They are interviewing convicted sex offenders living in Somer's community.

Florida's sexual offenders and predators registry, which is updated daily, shows 88 registered offenders live in Orange Park, and 161 offenders live within a five-mile radius of her home.

But experts say these figures are not out of the ordinary. With cities of all sizes increasingly limiting where sex offenders can reside, high-density clusters - sometimes with as many as 100 offenders living within one square mile - are becoming increasingly common.

"There are sex offenders living in all communities," says Jill Levenson, a professor of psychology at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla., who specializes in studying sex-crimes policy.

The number of offenders in the area surrounding Somer's home "may seem like a lot, but where do we think they're going to be living?"

Local ordinances prohibiting sex offenders from settling near schools, day care centers, and parks can affect the density of offenders in a particular area - a relatively new phenomenon, says Corey Yung, a professor at John Marshall Law School in Chicago.

Sex offender clusters exist in some parts of Florida - though Orange Park does not qualify.

* The Miami Herald recently reported on more than 70 sex offenders living under the Julia Tuttle Causeway in Miami because they couldn't find legal residences.
    * Similarly, 35 sex offenders were found living in the same apartment complex outside Pahokee, Fla.
    * A woman in central Florida has planned to open a day care center, thereby forcing 100 sex offenders to move out of the area, which includes a local school bus stop.

Florida - along with Georgia and Louisiana - tend to have the toughest sex-offender laws. It has the third most registered sex offenders in the nation and ranks sixth per capita.

"It's certainly one of the least welcoming states," says Professor Yung, who focuses on sex offender and criminal law.

This may contribute to Florida's relatively high number of offenders, but it also might provide a "false sense of security," says Professor Levenson.

She criticizes the registry, saying it does not assess an offender's risk to the community. "The registry is full of all kinds of different people," she says. "There's this huge list with little ability to distinguish between types of offenders."

A broad list, however, can have "benefits in investigative purposes," says Mary Coffee, a planning and policy administrator with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. This is one of the original intended uses of the sex offender registry list, she says.

Individuals are also listed with information about their crimes, which can be as specific as their court or arrest reports, she adds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.