March 29, 2024, 07:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 762305 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1200 on: October 23, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »

A letter to TES from Somer's father

To: TES Members – Florida
I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to each of you who were able to participate in the recent search for Somer Thompson in Orange Park. The email requesting your assistance was sent the evening of October 20th for a search the following morning. Not much advanced notice, but you responded without hesitation. I realize that many of you took time away from work and other commitments to be there and that is admirable.
Although the outcome of this case was not what we had all prayed for, be assured that the effort put forth by each of you allowed the Clay County Sheriff’s Office to utilize their available man-power to concentrate on following leads, conducting interviews and other investigative activities.
I had the opportunity to speak with several members of law enforcement, the U.S. Navy, and residents of the Orange Park community and each expressed two things; first a true appreciation for your efforts and second the question of how it is we continue to do this realizing that the outcome may be tragic. My response to this was simple; “we all have our reasons and it’s what we do”.
Grieve the outcome and keep Somer and her family in your prayers, but rest well knowing that your actions continue to have a tremendous positive impact on your character and the professionalism of our Florida membership and the entire TES organization.
Again I thank each of you for a job well done!
Rich

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Somer-Thompson-Thank-You.pdf

Catching up today.

Rich Giles is not Somer's father. Samuel Thompson  is.

As far as I can see, Rich Giles is a (possibly retired) police detective from Leesburg.

Hi Brandi! but at the top the letter says a letter to TES from Somer's father but it says FROM: Rich Giles and at the end of the letter it says "Rich"...to me, it sounds like the letter was written from Rich to TES..see my confusion? it really doesn't matter, it is all in interpretation...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1201 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:07 PM »

Who lived at this house before the fire? did we find out how the fire started, did they determine the cause?

Although no sex offender in the area has been named a POI, doesn't mean she was not taken by one. He may not have ever been caught before, or he could be out of the area.   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1202 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »

The SOs were not cleared. They were accounted for. This will  be a different story once DNA becomes available if there was any to match back to someone per Mary J. Also Sean is NOT a suspect in this.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147093&provider=top

No Sex Offenders in Neighborhood Suspected in Somer's Murder
 Ann Butler  Chris Turner     Created: 10/23/2009 10:31:34 AM    Updated: 10/23/2009 12:26:43 PM
ORANGE PARK, FL -- Police have interviewed all known sex offenders living close to the area where Somer Thompson vanished Monday and do not suspect them in the 7-year-old's murder.

Investigators, said Mary Justino, public information officer for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, have finished interviewing the 90 sex offenders living within a five-mile radius of the area where Somer disappeared Monday.

"We feel certain at this time we do not have any suspects who are members of that group," Justino said at a news conference this morning.

She confirmed police have no persons of interest or suspects in the case. "There is no information about a suspect one way or the other."

Police have taken evidence from the house at 1080 Gano Ave. where witnesses last saw Somer Monday, and from the landfill where her body was found; they continue to work both scenes.

Police say the home has been empty for several months since a fire. They are "interviewing any and all persons" who either worked or lived on or near the site, but they are not searching at random, Justino said.

Evidence has been transported from the house on Gano and the landfill to labs run by the CCSO, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Jacksonville, and the Medical Examiners Office in Savannah, Ga., are all being used for analysis.

"We have collected evidence at the landfill," Justino said. "It is a tremendous mountain of garbage."

The television show "America's Most Wanted," which focuses on unsolved crimes, will feature the Somer Thompson's case tomorrow evening. The media, "only helps focus attention on this family," Justino said.

While the cause of death has been determined, Justino said the information is being withheld to preserve the investigation.

She also said that many businesses have offered their services to the Thompson family for the funeral of Somer. The family was meeting with business owners this morning.

Investigators left the abandoned house around 1 a.m. Friday, but it remained a crime scene with 24-hour police protection.

Three police officers are on each end of the house and crime scene tape still keeps everyone away. Gano Avenue, a major roadway through this neighborhood, is still blocked off, with a FDLE unit parked in the street.

Just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday, crews brought in a digging machine from the State Fire Marshal's Office to dig on various parts of the property and to lift heavy objects, according to officials.

Dressed in protective white suits, several FDLE agents sifted through a dumpster several blocks from Somer's home.

"On this side, it's pure pandemonium," said neighbor Andy Carlson, who watched the search with his sons. He said it's strange seeing this type of thing in his neighborhood.

"I'm not used to all these cops all over the place," added Carlson, who said the home was being renovated. "You can see in the windows, it's gutted. It just has two by four framing."

Somer's mother said she knew the home on Gano Avenue was vacant, but added that she never had any concerns about the home until now.

The first-grader disappeared on her walk home from school Monday afternoon. Detectives searched a Georgia landfill Wednesday afternoon and a child's remains were found. At a Thursday morning news conference, investigators confirmed that the remains found were that of Somer Thompson.

Investigators are currently searching the home on Gano Avenue and say they plan to search well into the night.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1203 on: October 23, 2009, 02:03:18 PM »

Investigators, said Mary Justino, public information officer for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, have finished interviewing the 90 sex offenders living within a five-mile radius of the area where Somer disappeared Monday.

"We feel certain at this time we do not have any suspects who are members of that group," Justino said at a news conference this morning.     Well, what the......      I have two thoughts running through my mind right now, I guess we will just have to sit and wait and pray they get this person.
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1204 on: October 23, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »

They are not going to announce that they suspect anyone of these creeps. That would just give them the heads up to run. It's called false sense of security. Your right, it may not be the 80 that live near by, but there are 160(give or take a few) that live in a 5 mile radius. I live here, so I am well aware of the SOs in the area. My children also go to this school.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1205 on: October 23, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »

Somer Thompson Murdered Photos

Authorities say the quick discovery of Somer Thompson's body on Oct. 21, 2009, two days after she disappeared, may have saved precious evidence that could lead to her killer. Somer vanished on Monday during her mile-long walk home from school.

Slide show at link.
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/10/23/crimesider/photoessay5414196_1_19_photo.shtml?tag=page

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: October 23, 2009, 02:06:08 PM »

They are not going to announce that they suspect anyone of these creeps. That would just give them the heads up to run. It's called false sense of security. Your right, it may not be the 80 that live near by, but there are 160(give or take a few) that live in a 5 mile radius. I live here, so I am well aware of the SOs in the area. My children also go to this school.
Thanks, and Geraldo had the nerve to say this morning that the zoning of the SO's is done appropriately, I would love to hear what you think of that, thanks.
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1207 on: October 23, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »

Gano and Debarry are also a cut-through between to major roads. Kinglsey and Wells Road. There is alot of cut-through traffic that travels these streets every day.

NRCG - Enter 1706 Horton into the FDLE DB. There are 160 SOs, not the 90 they are talking about within a 5 mile radius. It scares me to death knowing that that many are so close by.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: October 23, 2009, 02:08:25 PM »

A letter to TES from Somer's father

To: TES Members – Florida
I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to each of you who were able to participate in the recent search for Somer Thompson in Orange Park. The email requesting your assistance was sent the evening of October 20th for a search the following morning. Not much advanced notice, but you responded without hesitation. I realize that many of you took time away from work and other commitments to be there and that is admirable.
Although the outcome of this case was not what we had all prayed for, be assured that the effort put forth by each of you allowed the Clay County Sheriff’s Office to utilize their available man-power to concentrate on following leads, conducting interviews and other investigative activities.
I had the opportunity to speak with several members of law enforcement, the U.S. Navy, and residents of the Orange Park community and each expressed two things; first a true appreciation for your efforts and second the question of how it is we continue to do this realizing that the outcome may be tragic. My response to this was simple; “we all have our reasons and it’s what we do”.
Grieve the outcome and keep Somer and her family in your prayers, but rest well knowing that your actions continue to have a tremendous positive impact on your character and the professionalism of our Florida membership and the entire TES organization.
Again I thank each of you for a job well done!
Rich

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Somer-Thompson-Thank-You.pdf

Catching up today.

Rich Giles is not Somer's father. Samuel Thompson  is.

As far as I can see, Rich Giles is a (possibly retired) police detective from Leesburg.

Hi Brandi! but at the top the letter says a letter to TES from Somer's father but it says FROM: Rich Giles and at the end of the letter it says "Rich"...to me, it sounds like the letter was written from Rich to TES..see my confusion? it really doesn't matter, it is all in interpretation...
That is not on the pdf file sent out by TES. I believe that was added by the poster. Here is the letter as sent out by TES:

On the TES website, it says : "The following is a thank you letter from Rich Giles."

Just trying to clarify.

twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1209 on: October 23, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »

Geraldo is full of bull-donkey. He doesn't live here. We do. We have to live with these creeps praying on our children and young girls.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: October 23, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/10/23/crimesider/photoessay5414196_1_19_photo.shtml?tag=page
Cause of Somer's death kept a secret; father coming to town; funderal Tuesday
Evidence being collected from two potential crime scenes; 200+ leads being followed; John Walsh offers help
    *  By Jim Schoettler
    * Story updated at 2:00 PM on Friday, Oct. 23, 2009
ORANGE PARK - Clay County investigators know how Somer Thompson died but are keeping those details secret to protect the investigation, Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Mary Justino said today.

An autopsy done in Savannah Thursday has revealed the cause of death of the Orange Park 7-year-old, who disappeared Monday while walking home from school. Somer was initially identified through a birthmark and clothing she was wearing when her body was found Wednesday in a Folkston, Ga., landfill.

As funeral arrangements are being finalized, Somer's father, Samuel Thompson, and his sister, Laura Holt, are planning to come to Jacksonville this weekend from their home in North Carolina, Holt told the Times-Union this afternoon.

Thompson, who is divorcing Somer's mother, Diena Thompson, said he's been unable to make the trip because he was recently hurt in an accident and didn't have the money or transportation to come fom his home in Graham, N.C. But Holt said a local business donated a handicap-accessible van to them today and they should be arriving Saturday or Sunday.

Holt, 43, said she is eager to see Somer's twin brother and two other siblings, but she said she and her brother are distraught over what else they will face.
I don't know how I'm going to make it through it," Holt said of the funeral. "This was the most precious child."

Thompson, 41, was busy receiving the van and would comment later, Holt said. He is the father of Somer, her brother Samuel and their sister, Abigail, 10.

More than 50 Clay detectives and state and federal agents continue to chase leads in the case. About 810 tips have been called in, with more than 230 still actively being pursued, Justino said.

Clay County investigators have found five sexual predators and offenders being sought for questioning in Somer's slaying and have no reason to believe they or the 85 others in the area were involved, Justino said.

Investigators have also returned today to a property at 1080 Gano Ave. in the block where Somer was last seen before vanishing Monday. They are collecting evidence from a house, large trash bin and the grounds. That effort began Thursday afternoon and now involves members of the same team of FBI forensic investigators who've been seeking clues in a Folkston, Ga., landfill where Somer's body was found Wednesday.

In hopes of generating more interest, Sheriff Rick Beseler plans to go on the television show "America's Most Wanted" Saturday night after being contacted by the host, John Walsh.
"Even though this is five days later, we are not letting up," Justino said this morning. "Our agency is working feverishly today just as we will every day until we locate the person or persons responsible."

Somer disappeared while walking home from Grove Park Elementary School with her brother and sister. The siblings said she separated from them after she and her sister had words about a fight Somer had earlier in the day at school.

The siblings last saw her walking west on Gano Avenue at Solomon Street into a crowd of children. Another witness told deputies she saw Somer about a block from that spot at Grove Park Road.

The property being searched is in the middle of the block where Somer was last seen. It has been vacant for several months due to a fire. Evidence removed from that scene and the Georgia landfill are being given top priority at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement labratory in Jacksonville, Justino said.

As for the area sexual predators and offenders, authorities have now talked with all 90 that live within 5 miles, Justino said. Those meetings have included property searches and discussion with family. Investigators have not ruled out anyone in the case, but have no reason to believe at this time that any are involved, Justino said.
Justino did not say if police had any suspects.

When asked about a traffic stop of a beat-up van made this morning on Kingsley Avenue just south of where Somer disappeared, Justino said she had no indication it was connected to the case. The vehicle was seen later at the Sheriff's Office substation in Orange Park.

Justino said the outpouring of community support has included offers to help with funeral services for Somer. She said the family was meeting with officials of Jacksonville Memorial Gardens this morning to make those plans, but that information has not been made public.

Somer's mother, Diena Thompson, declined to talk to reporters when she came home from the funeral home about noon. Scores of people continue to visit and contribute to a growing memorial of stuff toys, signs and ballons outside the family's home on Horton Drive. A prayer circle formed about 1:30 p.m

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: October 23, 2009, 02:14:22 PM »

Gano and Debarry are also a cut-through between to major roads. Kinglsey and Wells Road. There is alot of cut-through traffic that travels these streets every day.

NRCG - Enter 1706 Horton into the FDLE DB. There are 160 SOs, not the 90 they are talking about within a 5 mile radius. It scares me to death knowing that that many are so close by.
  Wow, I can't blame you, that is horrible, I'm even wondering about someone that might have worked at the school, not a registered SO, but someone working there that perhaps never got caught before?   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: October 23, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »

"We feel certain at this time we do not have any suspects who are members of that group," Justino said at a news conference this morning.

I felt that was an odd thing to say as well. And I do know LE says stuff to lead their investigations the way they want.

Almost sounds to me as if the do indeed have a POI or suspect.

JMO.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: October 23, 2009, 02:17:12 PM »

Geraldo is full of bull-donkey. He doesn't live here. We do. We have to live with these creeps praying on our children and young girls.
He made me so mad this morning I could have kicked the tv. More ofrless blaming the mom, well, you know the kids should have been walked home with an adult, but they weren't and mom is suffering and will suffer for the rest of her life knowing this. I just won't go there, and I just hope she will get some peace in her life for herself and her children.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1214 on: October 23, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »

Thanks Trimm, I just pray Somer didn't suffer to much  an angelic monkey
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: October 23, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »

Somer Thompson Murdered Photos

Authorities say the quick discovery of Somer Thompson's body on Oct. 21, 2009, two days after she disappeared, may have saved precious evidence that could lead to her killer. Somer vanished on Monday during her mile-long walk home from school.

Slide show at link.

Thanks, Trimm. Good slideshow at this link!

I saw this picture and thought, that little girl with the lighting looks like a little angel overlooking Somer. All she needs is some wings.

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1216 on: October 23, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »

Hello monkeys,

Is this just a single house with a single driveway, i.e. could someone have hidden her in the car while the kids were out "looking" for her, before the neighbors even knew she was missing?
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1217 on: October 23, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »

He made me so mad this morning I could have kicked the tv. More ofrless blaming the mom, well, you know the kids should have been walked home with an adult, but they weren't and mom is suffering and will suffer for the rest of her life knowing this. I just won't go there, and I just hope she will get some peace in her life for herself and her children.
What a jerk!!

From Day One..
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1218 on: October 23, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »

For the record, I can't stand Geraldo.  In my opinion, he's the biggest blowhard on TV.  He's one of those guys that thinks he's smarter than everyone else and has all the right answers.  And there's nothing worse on TV than an arrogant, egotistical, "I'm holier than thou" blowhard.  He "advertises" himself as an attorney, but truth be known, he's never practiced law a day in his life. (he got his law degree in, I think, 1969 or something).  He essentially went right into journalism where he's remained for the last 30 years. My guess is that if I said "boo" to him in a courtroom, he'd go running with his tail between his legs like a scared poodle.  Lawyer?  Yea right.  And, oh, by the way, did I tell you all I'm a medical doctor?  After all, I had "Medicine for Lawyers" in law school so I darn well must be.  Smile

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1219 on: October 23, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »

Thanks Trimm, I just pray Somer didn't suffer to much  an angelic monkey

I pray she didn't either.The thoughts of how frightened and alone she must have felt drive me crazy.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.