April 20, 2024, 02:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 764323 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1420 on: October 24, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »

Thanks for the info on Maddie Clifton, IM.

I just started following MP cases last summer when the Caylee case began.

I had not heard of Maddie before.
Thanks, that is a horrible case, I watched a tv program on this    I guess everyone has to do what is right for them, I would insist on seeing my child regardless, but I certainly would not expect others to do the same. It would be something that I personally would need.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: October 24, 2009, 10:03:40 AM »

Doug Adams went to school with Thompson and now owns a limo and rental service. He dropped off a 15 passenger van for Thompson and his relatives to use to travel to Florida.          an angelic monkey What a wonderful thing to do
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1422 on: October 24, 2009, 10:08:31 AM »

Hey monks,
These last few cases have just been heartbreaking.  I don't know how Somer's mother is surviving this.  I would have to be hospitalized.  And the other children who probably walked right past the house while it was happening.

When they find the monsters that do these things to children they should make a public spectacle of them.  Why should Jessica Lunsford killer still be alive?  Something has to change.
Sorry, I just get so mad and this is happening over and over.......
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: October 24, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/index.html

Video from tonight's news. George Vinson's brother James, talks to the media. He says his brother was convicted of being with a 16-year-old girl when he was 19. (MY note: His conviction is with a child under the age of 16.)

He also says his brother was with their mother at the time of Somer's disappearance.

There was another candlelight vigil for Somer and it was mentioned that the funeral expenses are being paid for by Jacksonville Memory Gardens.

Here's an image of the brother of the RSO talking to the media. The red text is mine.

that is why I asked farther back the ages...so it could have been a more boyfriend/girlfriend type thing? or a dating situation...I really don't know all the facts..just asking...
I think that there needs to be different "labels" put on offenders.....if this was between two consenting teens around the same age, say 2-3 yrs apart, then don't you think that it is a different circumstance?
if the girl would have been 19 and the boy 15-16 would she be a sexual offender and go to jail too?
the whole system needs to be looked at and fixed imo...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1424 on: October 24, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »

I agree totally with that Cookie.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1425 on: October 24, 2009, 10:23:50 AM »

Atlanta_mom, your point is well taken. But Jessica Lundsford's killer died of anal cancer about a week ago. But I realize that isn't your point. No one who has done this to a child has the right to live. No one.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: October 24, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »

I'm even starting to wonder if an older teen could have done this, someone who just fit into the activities of that afternoon, who would not look suspicious?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1427 on: October 24, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »

I'm even starting to wonder if an older teen could have done this, someone who just fit into the activities of that afternoon, who would not look suspicious?

could very well be Rosie...
are you feeling better?

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1428 on: October 24, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »

I agree totally with that Cookie.

I do too.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: October 24, 2009, 10:47:15 AM »

could very well be Rosie...
are you feeling better?
No, but I'll live  I'm just trying to figure how this little one vanished, one of the articles a mother was saying how everyone looked out for each other's kids, that is why I'm thinking it was someone in the neighborhood that wouldn't be suspicious. I know when I walk that I notice different people that don't seem to fit, whether workers or things of that nature 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1430 on: October 24, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Cookie? I agree that "sex offenders" need to be classified in some way. There's a big difference, IMO, between a pedophile and a teen relationship with a few years difference in age. No Rose? That's a good point. According to reports, there was a lot of activity in the area at the time Somer was on her way home, and you'd think someone would have seen something. A familiar face wouldn't have stood out as unusual.

Good to see you, Atlanta_Mom! Oh, I know! These cases just tear me up. I heard Geraldo say the other night that we need to at least apply the same standard for protecting our children as we do when we protect our pedigreed dogs, and there's truth in that. It is a tragic commentary on the times, though, that a child cannot safely walk home from school with her older siblings. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: October 24, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

Cookie? I agree that "sex offenders" need to be classified in some way. There's a big difference, IMO, between a pedophile and a teen relationship with a few years difference in age. No Rose? That's a good point. According to reports, there was a lot of activity in the area at the time Somer was on her way home, and you'd think someone would have seen something. A familiar face wouldn't have stood out as unusual.

Good to see you, Atlanta_Mom! Oh, I know! These cases just tear me up. I heard Geraldo say the other night that we need to at least apply the same standard for protecting our children as we do when we protect our pedigreed dogs, and there's truth in that. It is a tragic commentary on the times, though, that a child cannot safely walk home from school with her older siblings. 
  It sure is, and it is a dirty shame that kids can't enjoy being kids without all these terrible fears 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: October 24, 2009, 01:03:38 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/24/crime.georgia.landfill.body/
Mom: I 'won't sleep' until girl's killer found
October 24, 2009 10:26 a.m. EDT
(CNN) -- The news was devastating, the aftermath surreal.

Diena Thompson clutched a tissue in her right hand, frequently wiping her eyes as she told reporters that she couldn't believe it was her daughter whose body was found in a Georgia landfill. Her visage revealed the weight of grief and a yearning for justice.

Standing outside her home in Orange Park, Florida, Thompson looked into the camera and, with her voice cracking, sent out a stern warning to her daughter's killer.

"I want you to know that I will not sleep until this person is found. I hope they get you, and I hope they make you pay for a long, long time. You don't take from somebody. You didn't just take her from me. You took her from my family; you took her from all these people. And you don't do this to a little baby and put my baby in the trash like she's nothing. That's not OK, this is not OK."

The body of her daughter, 7-year-old Somer Thompson, was found in a South Georgia landfill, Clay County, Florida, Sheriff Rick Beseler said Thursday.

On Monday, Somer became separated from her siblings and schoolmates on her way home from school in Orange Park.
She was seen in a fight at school before disappearing, according to a police report Thursday. Her 10-year-old sister told police that Somer had gotten into a fight with another girl at school earlier in the day.

The sister said she brought up the fight while she and her brother walked Somer home from school, and that Somer ran off from them, apparently upset. The sister said she lost sight of Somer in a group of other kids leaving the school, according to the police report.

A medical examiner in Savannah, Georgia, used dental records to identify the body positively as Somer's, said Clay County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Mary Justino.

The sheriff told the girl's mother Wednesday night that her daughter had been identified. Thompson was devastated, he said.

"It was the hardest phone call I've ever had to make in my life, and I hope I never have to make another one like that," Beseler said at a Thursday news conference.

Authorities are turning their full attention to finding the child's killer.

The landfill where her body was found is near Folkston, Georgia, 55 miles north of where the girl became separated from her schoolmates.
Authorities will work to pinpoint where the garbage load that contained the girl's body came from, Beseler said. The garbage brought into that part of the landfill was collected in the Orange Park area, he has said, noting that authorities routinely search garbage when a missing person case has been initiated.

The investigation has turned into a murder probe.

"There is a child killer on the loose," the sheriff said. "I fear for our community until we bring this person in."

Investigators in Georgia are combing through a "tremendous mountain" of garbage at the landfill, searching for clues, said Justino, the sheriff's office spokeswoman, on Friday.

Some possible evidence has been removed from the landfill, but authorities won't describe what they found, Justino said. Police have no suspects, she said.

She said other law enforcement teams are focusing on the locale where the child apparently was last seen. Justino said witnesses, including some children, saw her on the sidewalk in front of a vacant house under renovation after a fire.
"Since Monday, we have been trying to figure out who frequents that area," including anyone working on the home, she said.

Rewards totaling $30,000 have been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible.

Justino said of the 810 leads called in to a tip line, 231 were being actively pursued by a group of 50 detectives.

Overnight, detectives finished interviewing 90 registered sex offenders or predators within a five-mile radius of the Thompson home, the spokeswoman said.

Somer's family was making funeral arrangements Friday, Justino said, and many in the community had offered to help financially.

"There has been an outpouring of support from the community," she said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1433 on: October 24, 2009, 02:35:31 PM »

hi monkeys
do you think when somer, ran off from the group, she went to
the playground/park, across the street, and thats where she met
her killer,then he took her to 1080 gano, across the street.
S.O.s always plan ahead, from the stuff ive read, about their behavior
a house in that unsafe of a condition, and across from a play area, should
not have been allowed to stand there like that, just invites trouble
the google image, was prior to the fire

Edit:  Adding link per cw618:
  sorry forgot the link, click on camera and it shows both house and play park
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&q=1080+gano+avenue+orange+park+florida+32073&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=1080+Gano+Ave,+Orange+Park,+FL+32073&gl=us&ei=5kXjSvuTIo7j8Qb_oaD4AQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA4Q8gEwAA
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 04:04:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1434 on: October 24, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »

hi monkeys
do you think when somer, ran off from the group, she went to
the playground/park, across the street, and thats where she met
her killer,then he took her to 1080 gano, across the street.
S.O.s always plan ahead, from the stuff ive read, about their behavior
a house in that unsafe of a condition, and across from a play area, should
not have been allowed to stand there like that, just invites trouble
the google image, was prior to the fire

sorry forgot the link, click on camera and it shows both house and play park
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&q=1080+gano+avenue+orange+park+florida+32073&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=1080+Gano+Ave,+Orange+Park,+FL+32073&gl=us&ei=5kXjSvuTIo7j8Qb_oaD4AQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA4Q8gEwAA

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1435 on: October 24, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »

Crime scene investigators continue to look for evidence regarding the Somer Thompson murder investigation in a vacant house near the Thompson's home Friday, Oct. 23, 2009, in Orange Park, Fla.
(AP Photo/Phil Coale)

Crime scene investigators bag evidence found in a vacant house Friday, Oct. 23, 2009 in Orange Park, Fla. near where Somer Thompson disappeared Monday.
(AP Photo/Phil Coale)

A little girl carries a teddy bear to a memorial for Somer Thompson Friday, Oct. 23, 2009, in Orange Park, Fla.
(AP Photo/Phil Coale)

Heart
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1436 on: October 24, 2009, 02:53:14 PM »

sorry this at this link, you will have to drag the man down and look around
cant get the directions link to work now

heart are those pics of somer hanging in the window with, the yellow
crime scene tape,thanks for the update photos

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1437 on: October 24, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »

sorry this at this link, you will have to drag the man down and look around
cant get the directions link to work now

heart are those pics of somer hanging in the window with, the yellow
crime scene tape,thanks for the update photos
cw618 that was an excellent question about Somer maybe ran into the playground and the perp maybe talked to her, and asked her to help him find something, and that is how they got to the house. This all happened so fast, I just don't know.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1438 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:32 PM »

i know someone said maybe the S O was walking,but there is a parking area
at the play area,IDK maybe the SOB frequents the play area hoping to get lucky
or maybe takes pics of the kids b4 and after school

just thought of something,maybe the S O is an unknown, has not been
caught or convicted yet,as they are not suppose to, be at play areas

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: October 24, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »

the perp would have to be someone who perhaps had been watching these kids for awhile, not necessarily Somer and her family but all the kids walking home...Somer was alone that day and the perp seized his opportunity...otherwise, for it to happen so quickly and no one seeing anything just doesn't add up for me that it was a guy just driving through the neighborhood and there ya go, a little girl walking alone...I know it happens, but it this guy was driving, wouldn't he have put her body far far away and not in a dumpster that was from her area? and also, to locate a dumpster if he was not familiar with the area...but then wouldn't he have to have a car if he took her body very far to put it in a dumpster? unless, the dumpster was sitting right in eyesight...but wouldn't someone see someone carrying a child around? he must have had some way of transporting her...sorry, just some questions rolling through my head...hope this makes sense to others...I am spinning here...I want justice for Somer and her family...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.