April 25, 2024, 09:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766816 times)
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1440 on: October 24, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »

Link to 4pm live update:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1441 on: October 24, 2009, 03:37:26 PM »

Maybe Somer decided she needed to go to the restroom and went to the park to go, and that is why there was interest in the restroom. Maybe that is where she was snatched. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1442 on: October 24, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

DETAILS FROM THE INIDENT REPORT

Somer's mother, Diena Thompson, told deputies she first learned of her daughter's disappearance from family friend Sean Patton, who was visiting the home and was asked by Thompson to wait for the children to arrive home from school. He said Somer's twin brother and older sister arrived about 3:10 p.m. without her and they told him she ran from them after her sister confronted her about getting into a fight with another girl at school.

- Somer's sister, Abigail, 13, said she lost sight of her as she ran into a group of other children. She last saw her running west on Gano Avenue near Solomon Street.

- Patton, 28, said he sent the older sister to look for her, but she returned 15 minutes later not having found her sibling. He sent her back saying look again real hard before he calls her mother. Patton texted Thompson about 4 p.m. and told her Somer hadn't come home.

- Charles Currier, Thompson's live-in boyfriend, told deputies she called about 4:20 p.m. and asked him to get off work to help look for Somer. Currier, 38, said he arrived about 5 p.m., picked up Somer's twin brother, Samuel, and they went out looking for her. Thompson soon flagged down a deputy to report her daughter missing.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1061366558&start=4

At Solomon looking down Gano toward park

Between Solomon and the park

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1443 on: October 24, 2009, 04:01:29 PM »

so the sister is 13? plenty old enough for the kids to walk home with her, one would think!
kids babysit at that age...hope that sister doesn't have a lot of guilt about confronting Somer...it would seem that everyone felt secure in the neighborhood...and really, it happened so fast...the kids reported her missing right away, mom came home to look, police were called etc...
this is really strange how this all happened so fast...no one saw anything...how fast could Somer have run ahead without the other kids catching up with her? this is really bugging me...

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1444 on: October 24, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »

Unless there is a break in the case the next briefing will be at 4pm tomorrow at the same link posted above.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1445 on: October 24, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »

walking in google around the play area, from, from fromhart st, the place looks like
a sports complex area,soccer, baseball, football, tennis ect,. i coundnt read
the sign/name of complex,the sign is on corner of gano and fromhart st.
the offender search showed me a guy, who lives behind the complex
this guys lives, to where he could, go through his backyard, to get in to the sport complex
and play area. i went to look at the fyer map dirs,in google not sure which house though

RONALD EUGENE ADAMS
1105 GROVE PARK DR S, ORANGE PARK, FL 32073

i typed this addy in google maps and got these results
the S O addy listed in the flyer is
1105 GROVE PARK DR S, ORANGE PARK, FL 32073

Address:
1105 Grove Park Dr
Orange Park, FL 32073
DirectionsSearch nearbySave to...more▼
A.1105 Grove Park Dr
Orange Park, FL 32073

Did you mean:

1105 Grove Park Dr E, Bellair-Meadowbrook Terrace, Clay, FL 32073
1105 Grove Park Dr N, Bellair-Meadowbrook Terrace, Clay, FL 32073
1105 E Grove Park Dr, Bellair-Meadowbrook Terrace, Clay, FL 32073
1105 Grove Park Ln, Bellair-Meadowbrook Terrace, Clay, FL 32073
Grove Park Dr S, Bellair-Meadowbrook Terrace, Clay, FL 32073

flyer
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=38021

map from flyer

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1446 on: October 24, 2009, 04:29:14 PM »

so the sister is 13? plenty old enough for the kids to walk home with her, one would think!
kids babysit at that age...hope that sister doesn't have a lot of guilt about confronting Somer...it would seem that everyone felt secure in the neighborhood...and really, it happened so fast...the kids reported her missing right away, mom came home to look, police were called etc...
this is really strange how this all happened so fast...no one saw anything...how fast could Somer have run ahead without the other kids catching up with her? this is really bugging me...

I wonder how hard those guys that tried to or did rob the Thompson's home were watching that house.  I wonder if these guys hung out at that park.  One of them lives on Gano Ct.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1447 on: October 24, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »

Dawn Marie
Today is a sad day for all. 3 days ago a little girl goes missing and now they find a childs body in a trash dump. My thoughts and prayers are w/ themMood: sympathetic sympatheticPosted at 3:58 PM Oct 21
http://www.myspace.com/tear4heaven

Heart
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: October 24, 2009, 05:00:49 PM »

Dawn Marie
Today is a sad day for all. 3 days ago a little girl goes missing and now they find a childs body in a trash dump. My thoughts and prayers are w/ themMood: sympathetic sympatheticPosted at 3:58 PM Oct 21

Heart....who dat? ^^^^^

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1449 on: October 24, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »

I think 13 is a responsible age too. I hope the sister can come to realize the person responsible for her little sisters death is the person that killed her.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: October 24, 2009, 05:10:36 PM »

I think 13 is a responsible age too. I hope the sister can come to realize the person responsible for her little sisters death is the person that killed her.

exactly!
how are ya Tracygirl?

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1451 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:41 PM »

Dawn Marie

Heart....who dat? ^^^^^

I believe that is Currier.

Pictured on this myspace page :
YANKEE SLICKERS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures ...
Narrative: A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for Somer Thompson. She was last seen in the area of West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue in Orange Park. ...
www.myspace.com/yankeeslickers

Heart
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1452 on: October 24, 2009, 05:19:28 PM »

Hi cookie nice to see you. I am doing ok thank you for asking, and you?

I think many of us feel chewed up and spit out. Remember that one week cookie, I think 4 or 5 kids were located? There was the one little girl in Tx, then the little boy was found in Mexico, I know there were others and sadly I can't recall who there are right now, how terrible of me. I am ready for one of those weeks again.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: October 24, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »

Dawn Marie

Heart....who dat? ^^^^^

I believe that is Currier.

Pictured on this myspace page :
YANKEE SLICKERS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures ...
Narrative: A Florida AMBER Alert has been issued for Somer Thompson. She was last seen in the area of West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue in Orange Park. ...
www.myspace.com/yankeeslickers

I would have guessed him to be James Morrow.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: October 24, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »

Hi cookie nice to see you. I am doing ok thank you for asking, and you?

I think many of us feel chewed up and spit out. Remember that one week cookie, I think 4 or 5 kids were located? There was the one little girl in Tx, then the little boy was found in Mexico, I know there were others and sadly I can't recall who there are right now, how terrible of me. I am ready for one of those weeks again.

yes...I do remember that...and I am ready for one of those weeks again as well!
this has been a bad week that is for sure...

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1455 on: October 24, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

Investigation of Somer's Death Continues

Christopher Kelley     Created: 10/24/2009 4:40:16 PM    Updated: 10/24/2009 5:16:54 PM

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Clay County Public Information Officer Mary Justino updated the public on the search for answers dealing with Somer Thompson's death.

After getting close to 1,100 tips dealing with the case, about 200 tips are still being investigated.

Various law enforcement agencies have contacted over 2,000 people in regards to the case as well. Of that, 50 have been contacted directly in relation to the case.

Police have completed their investigation at 1080 Gano Avenue, the site where the 7-year old girl was last seen. The property owners have been given control back of their property.

The police have also completed their investigation at the Chester Island Landfill Site in Georgia, where the girl's body was found. The GBI, FBI conducted a thorough search of all the garbage that came from the Orange Park area. That evidence, along with the evidence from 1080 Gano Ave., is now at the FDLE crime labs in Jacksonville.

Special Agent Dominic Pape also spoke about the Blue Nissan which was seen at the scene 10 days prior to the disappearance of Somer.

He said the car was driven by a FDLE employee. The employee was at a football game and was leaving the game and saw a small female child which almost got hit by a car. The FDLE employee drove next to the child at the time and asked her "Are you ok?" The child replied that she couldn't find her house, so the officer pulled into a driveway to help find the mother. The child was able to find her house and let the FDLE officer know, so the officer left the scene.

Special Agent Pape didn't release the identity of the FDLE employee because he didn't want to be identified.

The Justice Coalition has a new number for any tips and it's at 904-783-6312. People can also call First Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=147151&catid=3

Heart
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: October 24, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

DETAILS FROM THE INIDENT REPORT

Somer's mother, Diena Thompson, told deputies she first learned of her daughter's disappearance from family friend Sean Patton, who was visiting the home and was asked by Thompson to wait for the children to arrive home from school. He said Somer's twin brother and older sister arrived about 3:10 p.m. without her and they told him she ran from them after her sister confronted her about getting into a fight with another girl at school.

- Somer's sister, Abigail, 13, said she lost sight of her as she ran into a group of other children. She last saw her running west on Gano Avenue near Solomon Street.

- Patton, 28, said he sent the older sister to look for her, but she returned 15 minutes later not having found her sibling. He sent her back saying look again real hard before he calls her mother. Patton texted Thompson about 4 p.m. and told her Somer hadn't come home.

- Charles Currier, Thompson's live-in boyfriend, told deputies she called about 4:20 p.m. and asked him to get off work to help look for Somer. Currier, 38, said he arrived about 5 p.m., picked up Somer's twin brother, Samuel, and they went out looking for her. Thompson soon flagged down a deputy to report her daughter missing.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1061366558&start=4

<images snipped>

Somer's sister Abby is 10. Not 13. Her older brother Andrew is 13.

From the "Incident" (Police report):

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: October 24, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »

Investigation of Somer's Death Continues

Christopher Kelley     Created: 10/24/2009 4:40:16 PM    Updated: 10/24/2009 5:16:54 PM

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Clay County Public Information Officer Mary Justino updated the public on the search for answers dealing with Somer Thompson's death.

After getting close to 1,100 tips dealing with the case, about 200 tips are still being investigated.

Various law enforcement agencies have contacted over 2,000 people in regards to the case as well. Of that, 50 have been contacted directly in relation to the case.

Police have completed their investigation at 1080 Gano Avenue, the site where the 7-year old girl was last seen. The property owners have been given control back of their property.

The police have also completed their investigation at the Chester Island Landfill Site in Georgia, where the girl's body was found. The GBI, FBI conducted a thorough search of all the garbage that came from the Orange Park area. That evidence, along with the evidence from 1080 Gano Ave., is now at the FDLE crime labs in Jacksonville.

Special Agent Dominic Pape also spoke about the Blue Nissan which was seen at the scene 10 days prior to the disappearance of Somer.

He said the car was driven by a FDLE employee. The employee was at a football game and was leaving the game and saw a small female child which almost got hit by a car. The FDLE employee drove next to the child at the time and asked her "Are you ok?" The child replied that she couldn't find her house, so the officer pulled into a driveway to help find the mother. The child was able to find her house and let the FDLE officer know, so the officer left the scene.

Special Agent Pape didn't release the identity of the FDLE employee because he didn't want to be identified.

The Justice Coalition has a new number for any tips and it's at 904-783-6312. People can also call First Coast Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=147151&catid=3
Interesting.

Thanks for posting this update.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1458 on: October 24, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »

yep that is right...I should have known if she was 13 she would not be at the same school. Sorry.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: October 24, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/2009-10-24/story/detectives_in_somer_case_finish_their_work_at_vacant_home_landfill

Detectives in Somer case finish their work at vacant home, landfill
Story updated at 5:38 PM on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2009

ORANGE PARK Detectives investigating the slaying of 7-year-old Somer Thompson have finished their work at the vacant home near where she was last seen and the Georgia landfill where her body was found, authorities said this afternoon.

Also, they have definitely ruled out any connection between a reported abduction attempt Oct. 10 in the same area and Somer’s Oct. 19 disappearance, said Dominick Pape, special agent-in-charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. In fact, Pape said, the blue Nissan reported in that case belongs to an FDLE member who stopped to help the girl whose parents called police after he witnessed her almost get hit by a car on her bicycle.

“We need to stop that issue today because it is not involved in this investigation,” Pape told reporters at the Clay County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Mary Justino said during her daily afternoon news briefing that all the evidence collected at the Gano Avenue home and the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston is being processed by FDLE and other crime labs.

She said the office had received 1,100 tips, 200 of which remain active. More than 2,000 people have been contacted by investigators, and 50 have been directly interviewed. She offered no new information on potential suspects or whether detectives are any closer to finding who killed Somer.

Justino said Somer’s mother met this morning with Pastor David Tarkington who will conduct her memorial service and funeral Monday and Tuesday at First Baptist Church of Orange Park.

“They spent the morning talking about Somer ... sharing stories about her so that [Tarkington] could speak from his heart at the services Monday and Tuesday.”

The family is asking people to bring purple balloons Somer’s favorite color to release after Tuesday’s funeral.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.