April 19, 2024, 02:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 764276 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1560 on: October 26, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/10/26/somer-thompson…-was-recoveredsomer-thompson-murder-her-home-robbed-by-gunman-the-morning-she-was-recovered/

Somer's Home robbed by armed men the morning she was later recovered.

Blink, I brought these 4 people and the arrests up last week here after seeing them listed in the crime log.

We didn't know if the crime occurred in the house, or if someone like a news crew was robbed at the address, or if the four were just picked up at that address.

Do you have new details you can share with us about this?

I really am curious about it.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1561 on: October 26, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »

I was checking the Clay County sheriff's office.. Warrants

ANDERSON, CHARLES MACK CURTIS (W/M/25) 7217 PIEDMONT ST, KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, FL 32656 VOP LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION WARRANT FOR ARREST
ANDERSON, CHARLES MACK CURTIS (W/M/27) 7244 DUKE ST, KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, FL 32656 FAILURE OF SEXUAL PREDATOR TO REGISTER ORDER FOR ARREST

http://p2c.claysheriff.com/WantedList.aspx?LastName=A

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1562 on: October 26, 2009, 04:14:43 PM »

How Detectives Will Track Down Somer’s Killer
Posted: 5:35 pm EDT October 22, 2009
Updated: 6:01 pm EDT October 22, 2009

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The body of little Somer Thompson has been found and identified. Now the job begins to find and catch her killer. Eyewitness News spent all day looking through the tactics and technology detectives will use to hunt this murderer down.

VIDEO REPORT: Tracking Down Somer's Killer

http://www.wftv.com/video/21396383/index.html

Clay County's sheriff confirmed Thursday that 7-year-old Somer Thompson's body was found Wednesday at a landfill on the Georgia-Florida line. They identified her based on her clothing and a birth mark.

Detectives are questioning sex offenders who live near Somer's home in Orange Park. That's just one method detectives will use to catch the killer.

The body was found in landfill. Investigators from the FBI and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are going to spend the next several days sifting through the 225 tons of trash from Somer Thompson's neighborhood in Orange Park that trucks carried out of state Tuesday morning.

Forensics experts say investigators will likely try to get DNA evidence from her clothing, hands, fingernails and mouth and they would also check for DNA on the garbage found near her body.

“I believe the early discovery of the body is going to enhance our investigation,” Clay County Sheriff Rick Breseler said.

An Eyewitness News law enforcement source who oversees this type of investigation says Somer's killer is probably a sex offender who lives in or has close ties to Orange Park, Florida. The source said Somer was probably murdered within two hours of her kidnapping and her body was probably disposed of in a dumpster, both moves intended to prevent the killer from being caught.

The law enforcement expert believes the search Thursday at a vacant home and a dumpster near Somer's school is a very encouraging sign. Investigators say in front of the vacant home is where Somer was last seen.

State officials say 161 convicted sex offenders live within five miles of Somer’s home. If the FBI recovers a suspect's DNA, it will be compared against the sex offender database and a national database that contains over 7 million DNA profiles of convicted criminals.

“I fear for our community until we bring this person to justice,” Breseler said.

Somer disappeared while walking home from school in Orange Park, south of Jacksonville. The area is lined with apartments, so investigators will also be looking for surveillance video. Surveillance video from a nearby car wash led investigators to the man who abducted and killed 11-year-old Carlie Brucia in 2004.

Sources say investigators can use software developed by NASA to enhance surveillance pictures by as much as 200 percent so they get a clear image of the suspect and high-tech gadgets are often used to track a suspect’s movements and help build a case. If they can get a court order, investigators can secretly place a GPS tracking device on a suspect’s car to follow their every move.

Continued...

http://www.wftv.com/news/21396166/detail.html
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1563 on: October 26, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »

Brandi, thank you for reminding me of that, I creditied you in the piece on the arrest info.

I actually sat on it over the weekend and then when I was researching and found the jaywalking citation also, in my mind, the citation then on the 20th, late that evening or early morning of the 20th the armed robbery-

what I posted on blinksite:

She was last seen the afternoon of 10/19. It is my understanding LE had some indication she was in the landfill late afternoon 10/20, thus the search warrant and sealing the scene. She was recovered in the afternoon of 10/21.

This for me, could not get any hinkier. What where they looking to rob on a house one would be assuming is under surveillance in the first place, no?

Also, on the incident or event search function of Clay County sheriff for that date, there are only 3 arrests?
B

Clay County PIO has "no comment" outside of what we release during updates or press conferences..
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1564 on: October 26, 2009, 04:21:45 PM »

Brandi, thank you for reminding me of that, I creditied you in the piece on the arrest info.

I actually sat on it over the weekend and then when I was researching and found the jaywalking citation also, in my mind, the citation then on the 20th, late that evening or early morning of the 20th the armed robbery-

what I posted on blinksite:

She was last seen the afternoon of 10/19. It is my understanding LE had some indication she was in the landfill late afternoon 10/20, thus the search warrant and sealing the scene. She was recovered in the afternoon of 10/21.

This for me, could not get any hinkier. What where they looking to rob on a house one would be assuming is under surveillance in the first place, no?

Also, on the incident or event search function of Clay County sheriff for that date, there are only 3 arrests?
B

Clay County PIO has "no comment" outside of what we release during updates or press conferences..

Thanks, Blink.

My hinky meter has been real active too.

I also want to know why RSO Clayton William Graham's name was on the Incident Report. His is the last one of 11 listed. I made a post about it here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6353.msg995789#msg995789

If you have time, check it out. I'd love to hear your take on it.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1565 on: October 26, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

I have Brandi.

I am hearing this is a misidentification. However, I dont buy it. It is not uncommon to find absconders or "errors" in the registration of RSO when there is a emergency dragnet so to speak-

As you probably all know one of the tricks of the trade is watch for arrests, new warrants and RSO updates, where the verification date suddenly becomes updated, or work info, etc. That said, if he was found to be unregistered as it seems since January, and it was willfull on his part, he should be facing a failure to register charge. If somebody gives him a pass, it better be because he is cooperating in this investigation, or because he is under surveillance. Anything other than that FDLE will be hearing from me.

I admit I am concerned about the "Kyle". I find it very odd the ME will not release Somer yet, makes me wonder if there is no obvious COD or they suspect impactful results from tox.

The Kyle statement kept me up last night and probably will tonight. There are about 10 markers in those words that scream pedophile to me.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1566 on: October 26, 2009, 04:54:17 PM »

I have Brandi.

I am hearing this is a misidentification. However, I dont buy it. It is not uncommon to find absconders or "errors" in the registration of RSO when there is a emergency dragnet so to speak-

As you probably all know one of the tricks of the trade is watch for arrests, new warrants and RSO updates, where the verification date suddenly becomes updated, or work info, etc. That said, if he was found to be unregistered as it seems since January, and it was willfull on his part, he should be facing a failure to register charge. If somebody gives him a pass, it better be because he is cooperating in this investigation, or because he is under surveillance. Anything other than that FDLE will be hearing from me.

I admit I am concerned about the "Kyle". I find it very odd the ME will not release Somer yet, makes me wonder if there is no obvious COD or they suspect impactful results from tox.

The Kyle statement kept me up last night and probably will tonight. There are about 10 markers in those words that scream pedophile to me.

Yup. That is another large jiggle on the meter to me.

I sure wish we knew more about this "Kyle" also.

And there is a RSO with the first name of Kyle in the area who very recently was released after serving 3 years. I have been doing a little investigating on him also.

And I am not ready to dismiss George yet.

I hope the delay on releasing the body is because they are awaiting test results and then they will make a swift and clean arrest!

Too many things in this case raise that meter!

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1567 on: October 26, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »

Can someone please tell mw what were the words that kyle said. My puter is down. And I can not click on links on my phone. Ty
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1568 on: October 26, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »

The mom had a live in boyfriend, and she also had a "greeter" friend, the friend that was always over the house and mom asked the alway over the house "friend-greeter" to be at the house when the kids arrived on the day Somber disappeared. Who the heck is the greeter guy? Does anyone have his name and face,please? Thank-you. I am not picking on mommy, just trying to get her live-in and greeter guy understood.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1569 on: October 26, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »

I know some people have questioned whether renovation at 1080 Gano Avenue was going on Monday, when Somer went missing.

Apparently, it was.

A "Kyle" phoned Ryan Hughes of Channel 9 and claimed to be the last person to have seen Somer. (Technically, though, the last person would have been her murderer, IMO ... but I digress.) He said he was at the home on Monday afternoon and Somer ran up to the house and told workers they were doing a good job.

The reporter went on to say that LE had questioned "Kyle" and his "colleague" George Vinson. (George is the RSO brother of the construction company doing the renovations on the house.)

Further into the report, it says that Vinson's sister said George was "never a suspect and he passed a poly" conducted by Clay County LE. (Does LE tell people they "pass" or "fail"?)

Also mentioned in the report is the sad fact that the Georgia ME will not release the body in time for the services Monday and Tuesday.

Video is from Friday night's 11 PM newscast.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

I sure wish we knew more about this "Kyle" person. And where he saw her go after she ran up to the house and spoke to them.  If George is his "colleague" then it sounds like they were both part of the renovation crew or at least worked together somewhere.

I don't think we have discussed this yet.

Bump*

does anyone think it is strange that a little 7 year old would even notice work being done to a house that on the outside seem ok, we saw pics right? Again, I wonder if she has wondered by before. It is said she didn't know a stranger, would talk to anyone, would be outside on her scooter.
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1570 on: October 26, 2009, 05:14:24 PM »

The mom had a live in boyfriend, and she also had a "greeter" friend, the friend that was always over the house and mom asked the alway over the house "friend-greeter" to be at the house when the kids arrived on the day Somber disappeared. Who the heck is the greeter guy? Does anyone have his name and face,please? Thank-you. I am not picking on mommy, just trying to get her live-in and greeter guy understood.

Greeter guy would be sean patton, the person we thought was her bf but isn't.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1571 on: October 26, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »

Can someone please tell mw what were the words that kyle said. My puter is down. And I can not click on links on my phone. Ty
This is a repost of my post on "Kyle" it was posted yesterday evening. It is on page 76. I am reposting it because you cannot click on links:

I know some people have questioned whether renovation at 1080 Gano Avenue was going on Monday, when Somer went missing.

Apparently, it was.

A "Kyle" phoned Ryan Hughes of Channel 9 and claimed to be the last person to have seen Somer. (Technically, though, the last person would have been her murderer, IMO ... but I digress.) He said he was at the home on Monday afternoon and Somer ran up to the house and told workers they were doing a good job.

The reporter went on to say that LE had questioned "Kyle" and his "colleague" George Vinson. (George is the RSO brother of the construction company doing the renovations on the house.)

Further into the report, it says that Vinson's sister said George was "never a suspect and he passed a poly" conducted by Clay County LE. (Does LE tell people they "pass" or "fail"?)

Also mentioned in the report is the sad fact that the Georgia ME will not release the body in time for the services Monday and Tuesday.

Video is from Friday night's 11 PM newscast.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

I sure wish we knew more about this "Kyle" person. And where he saw her go after she ran up to the house and spoke to them.  If George is his "colleague" then it sounds like they were both part of the renovation crew or at least worked together somewhere.

I don't think we have discussed this yet.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1572 on: October 26, 2009, 05:25:08 PM »

Right. The "family friend" as referenced on the police report.

Sean Patton.

Diena went home Monday for lunch with him and asked him to stay to watch the kids when they got home from school.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1573 on: October 26, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »

This is bothering me, sorry don't mean to OCD over this.
Judge Judy, while being interviewed today on Live with Regis and Kelly said, if something doesn't seem probable it usually isn't, this is how she knows if someone is lying.

To me, it doesn't seem probable Somer who had just gotten into an argument with her sister, ran from that group, passed by the house and said to her self, geez I am going to go up to the house and tell these workers they are doing a good job! Or maybe, one was outside and saw she was upset and lured her to them. That to me seems more probable. Blink I totally agree with you
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1574 on: October 26, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »

Sean Patton.

Diena went home Monday for lunch with him and asked him to stay to watch the kids when they got home from school.

Thank-you, Arianna and Thank-you Brandi, Wow, you monkeys are so impressive.  He certainly looks harmless.

Was the B.F. the big guy and very tan with Diena, she was sitting on the ground thanking everyone for help?

I just wonder why she didn't hug her children before she left for work, instead of telling them to have a nice day, odd. 

I hug the dog and tell him mommy loves him, and that I find a little strange, me hugging the dog, but children always need that

reinforcement, especially the child wasn't feeling well. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1575 on: October 26, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »

Ty very much brandi. I appreciate it thanks again
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1576 on: October 26, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »

ok something stinks. Why would a person from OP or Jax, call the news guy from Orlando to tell him he was the last person to see Somer alive? Why would he not just make the local call to the local stations covering the story? Also, I don't believe that there was an armed robbery attempt at 1706 Horton. I know some criminals are stupid, but there were a minimum of 3 cop cars there 24x7. If you look at the bulletin, 901 N Orange avenue comes up every single day. I have no idea why it is listed. Could be that is where the officer was dispatched from, but there is no way there was an attempted robbery there.
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1577 on: October 26, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »

Catching up on reading and I see they are still looking for Somer's killer...HLN reported on it now.....Did they get the dna back on the white van?
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1578 on: October 26, 2009, 06:11:50 PM »

Sean Patton.

You guys all know this Sean guy is an empathic masseuse, right?

I have not had time to go through everything on here and dont want to repost everyone's efforts, but I find it more than bizarre this guy, who does appear to have mutual friends with Diena, meets her for lunch ( or massage and aura building, I say somewhat snarkily but with respect) and then is going to hang out until the kids get home from school?

If they were normally latch key kids, I would find this scenario on this day in particular, odd. Why would she suddenly want someone there? Did she have to work late because she took a long lunch?

Just listing some of the questions I am struggling with-

Biggest one for me right now is the assertion of that Kyle person that this 7 year old child, approached the home through the closed gate to tell them they were doing a good job after running ahead of her siblings. Wouldnt that indicate she was inside the home, where the "renovations" were taking place?

I did agree with the poster on here that questioned maybe she was hiding and going to jump out at her brother and sister, that is definately plausible to me. If so, what interfered?

Lastly a very selfish request if you don't mind. If anyone reading this thinks to themselves:

"You know- my daughter/son/grandchild would absolutely run up to some stranger construction person ( or insert whatever scenario) and compliment them.. They are interested in that sort of thing at that age and they are very friendly and kind.."

Resist the urge to be defensive and schedule, if you cant do it immediately, but speak to whomever you need, to INSURE this child is aware of stranger danger, what to do if confronted with same, and if your not at all comfortable that faced with this situation your child has the faculties to get away, I beg you to make sure this child does not walk by themselves anywhere, or anytime, for any reason.

Need more:

Nevaeh Buchanon
Jessica Lundsford
Sandra Cantu
Hser Moo

and now sweet Somer Thompson joins the fray. The fray of Predatory Child Victim, and more than likely, pedophilic sexual assault.

I have always said I only know one way to best eliminate this type of crime: Take away the opportunity.
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1579 on: October 26, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »

I just saw on HLN the color chart that they posted for the offenders and it said....predators....offenders ....and multiple offenders....why in the heck would a multiple offender even be out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.