April 26, 2024, 06:53:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766982 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1660 on: October 26, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »

The Sheriff is awesome. I am so proud the way they reached out to all the other surrounding agencies and did not have a pi**ing contest with them. It was because of this that Somer was found. We are keeping our children closer, and are thinking about Halloween and what we can do to keep the kids safe.

Hats off to them.. They were quick to act...
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1661 on: October 26, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

brandi had posted here, about the OPAA is Orange Park Athletic Association
and that the mother picked up the brother,to help hunt, this is the park across the street
from 1080, so when did brother go there and when was he picked up,NO ONE saw somer or
heard anything, that is if she was there. seems every new detail,begs more Qs

OPAA is Orange Park Athletic Association
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Orange+Park+Athletic+Association&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Athletic+Association&hnear=Orange+Park&cid=0,0,508318617771600752&ei=U5blSpuAJciV8AbT2KWIBw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA0QnwIwAA

OPAA is Orange Park Athletic Association, a location where Somer's mother picked up her older brother,
Andrew on her way home and right before she flagged down a deputy sheriff.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6355.msg995705#msg995705

moring monkeys

two cents do you know anything about this
so when did brother go there and when was he picked up
starting to wonder,things are not adding up
could be the robbers got busted ,thinking no one home go for it
nothing is adding up

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1662 on: October 26, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »

They did take evidence out of the rest-room, but I have no idea what. I just can't figure out how the crossing guard did not see her. Or the fact that nobody else saw her. These roads are well traveled during the day. Maybe she cut through the 1080 property to get to the apartment complex.
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1663 on: October 26, 2009, 08:21:01 PM »

cw618 - I imagine he would have gone after school ended 3:45pm (walking would only take 8-10 minutes). There is also a skateboard park there and maybe he was skateboarding after school, and not playing football.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1664 on: October 26, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »

two cents what apartment complex,and why cut through

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1665 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:52 PM »

There is a seedy apartment complex at the corner of Debarry and Gano. I don't know why she would be cutting through. Perhaps just to hide from her siblings which would explain why the crossing guard never saw her.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1666 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »

The Sheriff is awesome. I am so proud the way they reached out to all the other surrounding agencies and did not have a pi**ing contest with them. It was because of this that Somer was found. We are keeping our children closer, and are thinking about Halloween and what we can do to keep the kids safe.

Hats off to them.. They were quick to act...

I have to agree that deciding to search the landfill/dump immediately was a huge factor in this case.  If not Somer's little body would have been buried underneath tons of trash.  They did good police work finding her and preserving evidence.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1667 on: October 26, 2009, 08:33:18 PM »

6 year old Clayton William Graham is wanted for not registering his whereabouts with authorities. He's a sex offender from Texas who moved here to Florida. Graham has been known to live in both Clay and Duval County. Dominick Pape says now, they don't know where he's hiding, "did he run from that state, is he trying to conseal his location in this state, all those things give us concern."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/story/Offender-Alert-October-21-2009/W0nLgboHake_aekvaIaZkA.cspx

www.protectyourchild.comChild Offenders Registry
Nearly 500,000 Offenders On File
Get Maps, Photos & Offense Info
www.NationalAlertRegister.com

JG...assuming that you weren't the one who put "6 year old" in this article...lol...made me do a double read on that one! wouldn't surprise me though that before long 6 and 7 yr olds will be labeled as sex offenders for hugging too much at school or something more absurd... while they let the real child rapists out of jail for overcrowding or for good behavior...
On one of the talking heads show tonight a teenage boy is labeled a sex offender along with child rapists etc..for forwarding a sexting picture of a teenage girl...he will be labeled as such for the rest of his life for a really immature and dumb move on his part...
definitely need some reform on the sexual offenders labels like some of us spoke of the other day...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1668 on: October 26, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »

I was over on WS when people were having doubts about Somer's mom. If I may say this, I have been on many different meds over the years for depression and anxiety, some of the meds literally make it impossible to shed tears, you become numb, and may appear inappropriate. It isn't the person it is the medications. I have literally had things happen where I should have cried, and couldn't, like it was not really happening. And then I have had times where I couldn't stop crying. I am willing to bet mom is on some heavy duty meds to help her to cope, and my heart goes out to her  an angelic monkey Or she has just put herself into a place in her mind where this is just not reality yet.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1669 on: October 26, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »

They did take evidence out of the rest-room, but I have no idea what. I just can't figure out how the crossing guard did not see her. Or the fact that nobody else saw her. These roads are well traveled during the day. Maybe she cut through the 1080 property to get to the apartment complex.

Is this the apartment complex that you have been mentioning?

And who lives here?

Just trying to clarify.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1670 on: October 26, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »

I was over on WS when people were having doubts about Somer's mom. If I may say this, I have been on many different meds over the years for depression and anxiety, some of the meds literally make it impossible to shed tears, you become numb, and may appear inappropriate. It isn't the person it is the medications. I have literally had things happen where I should have cried, and couldn't, like it was not really happening. And then I have had times where I couldn't stop crying. I am willing to bet mom is on some heavy duty meds to help her to cope, and my heart goes out to her  an angelic monkey Or she has just put herself into a place in her mind where this is just not reality yet.

I agree with the meds thing and this mom...She probably asked for something to get her through this...She seems sincere and in agony to me...jmo...
sometimes family members at funerals seem so composed and I wonder how they are doing it, but I bet that the doctor has given them something to cope...jmo...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1671 on: October 26, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »

I agree with the meds thing and this mom...She probably asked for something to get her through this...She seems sincere and in agony to me...jmo...
sometimes family members at funerals seem so composed and I wonder how they are doing it, but I bet that the doctor has given them something to cope...jmo...
Yes, and sometimes it makes you numb, and God knows how much she has cried privately.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1672 on: October 26, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »

I saw some of those posts....some were pretty harsh.  I just saw a woman who was in a great deal of pain trying to hold herself together for her murdered daughter and her other children. And for the tasks ahead.   I know the feeling....... that if I would start to cry I could never stop....been there and knew I had to hold it together because everyone else as falling apart.  We all react differently......personally I admire her, admire her strength....she will have many years to cry herself to sleep at night....just not yet.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1673 on: October 26, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »

Sorry Brandi I had to re-boot. No the apartment complex is actually on Debarry.
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1674 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »

Let me know if you want pictures of any places of interest. I am going to hit the shower. I will check back in before the funeral tomorrow.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1675 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »

Let me know if you want pictures of any places of interest. I am going to hit the shower. I will check back in before the funeral tomorrow.

Thanks again, two cents.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1676 on: October 26, 2009, 09:09:37 PM »

Just an observation, but I notice when the slightest criticism had been posted on another site (WS) about Sommer's mother, the whole thread was closed down and locked for a while. JMO 

Bumped and responding to my own post.

I wasn't judging the mom when I posted this. I only was observing the difference between how the mods handled the two web sites.

Good Night everyone.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: October 26, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »

nite Fanny!

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1678 on: October 26, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »

Blink,

It was posted on another site that a member called LE and they said the address in reference to the burglary was entered incorrectly.  I am sure they would talk to you at LE about it, if nothing else but to set the net world straight.
Dsn

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1679 on: October 26, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »

Hello all--
  I am new here. I have been reading the posts and thought I'd join. I live near the Orange Park area so if you have any questions for me about the city, let me know. However, I don't know anything about the Thompson family or the case (other than what's in the news).   
  As for Somer's mother and her emotions, I've had experience with this extreme type of grief and you cannot predict what you would say or do or how you would act. When a huge tragedy hits, you go into shock, a type of denial, and you are--at times--painfully numb. You may talk about the tragedy and not shed a single tear because that survival instinct kicks in and you become oddly detached. It's a type of post traumatic stress.
     I know that almost all mothers say "I'd have to be put in a hospital. I'd completely break down." We say it but that's not necessarily what happens, no matter how close you are to the person who dies. There is a lot of info on grieving parents and "homicide survivors" on the internet. (What an odd term...Homicide survivor...Such a paradox).
    If you go on legacy.com and type in Somer's name, you can see her obituary and sign her guestbook. There are articles posted on that site for how to cope with loss. It's something I feel everyone should read because you never know when you might be dealing with grief or a friend who needs comfort after a loss.
    I am concerned about all the media attention and how it will eventually affect the family. Right now it's probably serving as a distraction from the pain. Also, I know the friends and family (and community!) want to do everything to find the killer. However, I'm afraid they may feel a backlash when things get quiet again, especially with the amount of media attention they are currently getting. I know that people have said after the death of a loved one--after the funeral, after the sympathy cards-- it's as if everyone has forgotten and you are left aloe with the intense pain.
    Personally, I have never seen a case like this where so many people are donating money directly to the family. I think it's a beautiful thing--as charity always is. I do wonder, though, about other families out there who have had tragedies and didn't get the fund raisers for whatever reason. I know this is different, but I actually have a close friend whose child has a rare heart condition and needs to go across country several times a year for surgery. They would never complain, but I have to wonder why the community doesn't have fund raisers for their child. (JMO--I hope that comes across as I intend.)
     I believe we should never judge anyone for their emotional reaction (or lack thereof). At the same time, I think it's natural for us to use our intuition and notice when something's just "not right." But in the end, we have to realize we don't have all the facts....I saw a police report that was posted on here. I was wondering, how does a person obtain a report like that?
    I do find the whole SP situation confusing. Not saying there's anything funny going on there, but it's odd how the media hasn't interviewed him or talked about that situation in detail.
    Well, I think I have written enough here! Thanks for listening. Good website.....

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.