April 25, 2024, 01:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766737 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1680 on: October 26, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »

I was over on WS when people were having doubts about Somer's mom. If I may say this, I have been on many different meds over the years for depression and anxiety, some of the meds literally make it impossible to shed tears, you become numb, and may appear inappropriate. It isn't the person it is the medications. I have literally had things happen where I should have cried, and couldn't, like it was not really happening. And then I have had times where I couldn't stop crying. I am willing to bet mom is on some heavy duty meds to help her to cope, and my heart goes out to her  an angelic monkey Or she has just put herself into a place in her mind where this is just not reality yet.

I agree with the meds thing and this mom...She probably asked for something to get her through this...She seems sincere and in agony to me...jmo...
sometimes family members at funerals seem so composed and I wonder how they are doing it, but I bet that the doctor has given them something to cope...jmo...

I agree, I had a humongous glass of wine before Eli's memorial......I gave the eulogy and knew I had to keep it together until it was all over, then the next week I LOST it. I guess you do what you have to do to get thru and try to move on as best you can.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1681 on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »

Just an observation, but I notice when the slightest criticism had been posted on another site (WS) about Sommer's mother, the whole thread was closed down and locked for a while. JMO 

Bumped and responding to my own post.

I wasn't judging the mom when I posted this. I only was observing the difference between how the mods handled the two web sites.

Good Night everyone.  an angelic monkey

Thanks Fanny.  The problem with never allowing criticism of the family members is sometimes the family members are the bad guys.  I'm not saying that's true in this case but you really have to keep an open mind and not dismiss the possibility that someone very close to the family is the perp.  That's why I try to allow all views until we know for certain.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1682 on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:51 PM »

Image from jacksonville.com

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1301451.html
Fla. town, family say goodbyes to slain girl
By RON WORD
Associated Press Writer

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- With the song "You Are My Sunshine" played quietly, more than 1,500 mourners filed past the casket of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, who vanished last Monday in north Florida on her way home from school.

Purple flowers covered the top of Somer's wooden casket as mourners shook hands with family members seated in the front row. Several portraits of Somer were also on display, while scenes from her life were projected on two large screens.

The funeral for Somer, whose body was found last Wednesday in a south Georgia landfill, is scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday in the First Baptist Church of Orange Park, the place of the viewing Monday evening.

Somer will be laid to rest in a private burial and graveside service later Tuesday.

About 500 people were in line when the church doors opened Monday evening and two hours later, the line still stretched out the door. Officials estimate more than 1,500 attended.

Many did not know Somer, but were drawn to pay their respects because they were touched by the young girl's tragedy.

Dressed in Somer's favorite color of purple, White vowed to continue dressing in that color until the killer was caught.

"I'm going to miss her. She never met a stranger," she said.

Thousands of purple balloons will be launched Tuesday at the end of Somer's funeral.

Dickie Thomas, 49, brought his wife and 20-year-old daughter. None of them knew Somer or her mother.

"We are all in tears over it," Thomas said.

Ashton Fuentes, 19, went to Grove Park when he was younger and still lives near the Thompson home. "I'm just here to support the family," he said.

And Kay White said she tutored Somer and her brother and sister in language arts at Grove Park Elementary School.

Authorities have investigated some 1,500 leads in the hunt for Somer's killer but have not named a suspect. The child's body was found two days after her disappearance but investigators have not said how she died.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1683 on: October 26, 2009, 09:43:30 PM »

Welcome Peacelove76

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1684 on: October 26, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »

Hello peacelove76 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1685 on: October 26, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Not sure if you have this info but thought I would share:

clayclerk.com

duvalclerk.com

Websites to get info on criminal cases and other records.

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1686 on: October 26, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »

peacelove76:

Excellent first post! I agree on many points, especially the fact that we need to not judge with so few facts. There are a lot of "facts" though that just do not seem to compute, and they are worth investigating. Without judging. I think we here at SM are very good at looking at as many possibilities in cases like this without issuing harsh judgments.

I'd like to welcome you to the cage and I look forward to more of your posts!

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1687 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »

Look at 1280 De Berry, street view, on Google. there is a whole parking lot filled with storage sheds. Not a known place for crime (NONE of Clay County is, typically!!!!) but still possible hiding place

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1688 on: October 26, 2009, 10:17:53 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Not sure if you have this info but thought I would share:

clayclerk.com

duvalclerk.com

Websites to get info on criminal cases and other records.

thank you and welcome, im sure some monkey will be on those sites
looking, i wont have time till wed, time to go for me,welcome again

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1689 on: October 26, 2009, 10:21:41 PM »

There is a seedy apartment complex at the corner of Debarry and Gano. I don't know why she would be cutting through. Perhaps just to hide from her siblings which would explain why the crossing guard never saw her.

Hi twocents
I know the apartments you're referring to, but they are subsidized, which--IMO--would mean not as likely to have a RSO living there. I know they are known to have some drug incidents but I think the residents are chosen and monitored by the county.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1690 on: October 26, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »

I think none of us know how we would react if we were in Diena's situation.
The only real thing concrete that has set my hinky meter to a 10 is this " Kyle" person who called a radio show.
The garbage came from that neighbourhood, no one saw a damn thing after she ran ahead, except for Kyle. They gave several persons lie detector tests and let them go. They can't arrest based on a lie detector test. But they can sure narrow their future focus. LE isn't going to say a word until an arrest is made, that's my guess. In the Annie Lei case, they had the guy in their sights until they had finished their work. And they had him cold.
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1691 on: October 26, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »

The only real thing concrete that has set my hinky meter to a 10 is this " Kyle" person who called a radio show.
The garbage came from that neighbourhood, no one saw a damn thing after she ran ahead, except for Kyle. They gave several persons lie detector tests and let them go. They can't arrest based on a lie detector test. But they can sure narrow their future focus. LE isn't going to say a word until an arrest is made, that's my guess. In the Annie Lei case, they had the guy in their sights until they had finished their work. And they had him cold.

Kat--
Did they actually report the garbage came from that specific neighborhood? Or just the OP general area? DeBarry is actually a well-known cut through to get to many restaurants and a mall and many, many other businesses and neighborhoods. I hadn't heard if they said it was residential garbage or commercial.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1692 on: October 26, 2009, 10:49:29 PM »

Kat--
Did they actually report the garbage came from that specific neighborhood? Or just the OP general area? DeBarry is actually a well-known cut through to get to many restaurants and a mall and many, many other businesses and neighborhoods. I hadn't heard if they said it was residential garbage or commercial.

I believe in one of the press conferences they said it was a mixture of residential and commercial.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1693 on: October 26, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »

I was over on WS when people were having doubts about Somer's mom. If I may say this, I have been on many different meds over the years for depression and anxiety, some of the meds literally make it impossible to shed tears, you become numb, and may appear inappropriate. It isn't the person it is the medications. I have literally had things happen where I should have cried, and couldn't, like it was not really happening. And then I have had times where I couldn't stop crying. I am willing to bet mom is on some heavy duty meds to help her to cope, and my heart goes out to her  an angelic monkey Or she has just put herself into a place in her mind where this is just not reality yet.

I agree with the meds thing and this mom...She probably asked for something to get her through this...She seems sincere and in agony to me...jmo...sometimes family members at funerals seem so composed and I wonder how they are doing it, but I bet that the doctor has given them something to cope...jmo...
Yes, and sometimes it makes you numb, and God knows how much she has cried privately.
I agree completely. Didn't she collaps on the ground? I think this poor woman is trying very hard to hold herself together.
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1694 on: October 26, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

Did I hear right? That they are not gonna release somer's body yet
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1695 on: October 26, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »

welcome peacelove76, great first post. My heart goes out to your community.

What I would like to know, the property that was being worked on, on google maps it shows large trees in the front yard which caused it to look dark with shadows. At that time of day, mid afternoon would the house be in the shadows or in the sunlight? It also seemed set off the street some.

That is interesting about the storage units. The news lately has said the story of garredo's (spelling) first rape victim and how he assulted her in a storage unit, the perp could have heard this and got the idea. Just thinking out loud. Do you know if they have searched this place or looked into who is renting them?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1696 on: October 26, 2009, 11:14:58 PM »

Did I hear right? That they are not gonna release somer's body yet

It was reported that the body would not be released by Georgia's ME in time for the memorial or the funeral.

I believe that is the case.

The reporter says this at the end of this video: http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1697 on: October 26, 2009, 11:20:23 PM »

TracyGirl:

You asked about the house at 1080 Gano .. I just grabbed this image for you from the video I just mentioned:

You get a pretty good feel of the house in the video. Same video I mentioned above about the report that Somer's body is being held by the GA ME.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

CandiceMonkey
Scared Monkey

Protect each other. We can all make a difference.

« Reply #1698 on: October 26, 2009, 11:20:46 PM »

Question guys - why was the police report released?  I thought info like that isn't released until an arrest is made?

"Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent." ~ Jonathan Swift
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1699 on: October 26, 2009, 11:22:02 PM »

There is a seedy apartment complex at the corner of Debarry and Gano. I don't know why she would be cutting through. Perhaps just to hide from her siblings which would explain why the crossing guard never saw her.

Hi twocents
I know the apartments you're referring to, but they are subsidized, which--IMO--would mean not as likely to have a RSO living there. I know they are known to have some drug incidents but I think the residents are chosen and monitored by the county.

I live in subsidized housing and what you are saying is true to an extent.  They are supposed to monitor and do background tests on all residents before they move in.  I do know that in my particular area the people in charge of that don't always do their background checks and they accidently let in  someone they weren't supposed to.  An ex-cop who lived in housing at the time one man got in got suspiscious of the man right away, did his own background check, then provided his results to Housing, who promptly kicked his butt out.  So sometimes the perps do get in.  Also, in my area there is a SO who lives very close and has been told not to come on Housing property and yet he has many times.  He has sat on people's porches here and chatted up with them and no one did anything about it.  This same man also has stood at the end of our street gazing up it touching himself inappropriately in front of children.  I have never seen it myself because I would call the police but as I have said before my kids are not allowed outside here and the maintenance man does all the work on my car and he tells me a lot of the things (such as this SO doing these things) because he deals with it through his job.  And yet the people here leave their kids outside unattended, they let them play outside at all hours of the night wellinto the midnight hours, and they just don't care.  So yes it is possible that it could have happened in those apartments.  Hopefully not,but still possible.  And God help the person who let a SO slip in the system if it did.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.