April 26, 2024, 07:12:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766987 times)
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1740 on: October 27, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »

Hello monkeys,
  I have not followed this case what so ever but what i get so far is that there was a 3 hr window in which she was not known to be actually missing... is that right?
and also my opinion is if the dump truck was local then she was probably abducted on foot or lured into a house... jmo of course...
i just don't see abducting someone nearby and driving her somewhere nearby and then also disposing of her in the nearby trash... i would think that once you get her in the car you would want to take her as far away as possible but i could be totally wrong of course... i would assume that if you abducted one of your local neighbors you wouldn't want to be seen with her by any neighbors not only would they probably find it suspicious but they might even recognize her from the neighborhood as well...
has any info been released as to was she actually in a garbage bag?
what day was trash picked up?
do they have a suspected cause of death?
have they said whether or not she was raped?
i know it is still kind of early on in the case for those questions and sorry if they have already been discussed but i have a lot of back reading todo on thhis one 80 something pages ... yikes
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1741 on: October 27, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »

Coverage of Sommer's funeral. The Anthonys showed up. 

http://www.wftv.com/news/21436229/detail.html

thanks for posting the link...my goodness did you see Somers mom? Poor thing could hardly walk. my heart breaks for her.

I was thinking about this today and trying to visualize a situation of a bunch of people walking on a sidewalk, cars passing by, people talking, kids laughing...I think a 7 year old can get lost in that. so today, I parked on a side street and walked my kids to school along with groups of others,  I think it is possible no one saw anything because everyone was doing something other then watching out, kwim? However, someone did see somthing that day, they saw her last infront of that house. Unless LE is keeping something from us, she was not seen after that.
The house is closer to the street then what I thought. There was a pic of a house posted on the thread and it seemed set farther back, more trees in the front. Either way she could have gone up to the house, went around back, inside or they could have stuffed her into a toolbox on a truck, and not been seen i think. 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1742 on: October 27, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »

They did take evidence out of the rest-room, but I have no idea what. I just can't figure out how the crossing guard did not see her. Or the fact that nobody else saw her. These roads are well traveled during the day. Maybe she cut through the 1080 property to get to the apartment complex.

Is this the apartment complex that you have been mentioning?

And who lives here?

Just trying to clarify.

Hi Brandi,

Thank-you for introducing us to Bing maps. 

O.T.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH8 "check Traffic" is excellent for traffic cameras.
I clicked (I think) Birds Eye or Aerial and I zoomed in on the highways.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1743 on: October 27, 2009, 03:56:29 PM »

screw the anthony's ... if they want to mourn someone they should mourn caylee and not casey... and i feel they had no right being there... i hope they didn't stick around to speak with somer's family one on one...
just curious if le maybe in conjunction with the media maybe set up surveilance of the funeral attendees... you always see on shows how the offender visits the search or the funeral afterward kind of like an f u to police like hahah i'm right here and you don't even know it...
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1744 on: October 27, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »

I was lurking, catching up and saw the post by Jason Hollars,jhollars07. I believe he is a friend or twitter friend of Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, fwiw. I also noticed a somber Mark Lunsford at little Somer's funeral.. and the parasites showed up to pretend Caylee was also missing..ugh

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1745 on: October 27, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »

Samuel Thompson, left, and Abby Thompson, right, brother and sister of Somer Thompson, wait with family members to enter the church for the funeral service of their sister, Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2009, in Orange Park, Fla.

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1746 on: October 27, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/21436229/detail.html
Over 1,000 Attend Funeral Of Slain 7-Year-Old Girl

Posted: 8:49 am EDT October 27, 2009Updated: 4:05 pm EDT October 27, 2009
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Mourners said farewell Tuesday to a 7-year-old Florida girl whose body was found in a Georgia landfill after she vanished on her way home from school, and they honored her favorite color by releasing hundreds of purple balloons into the sky.

More than 1,000 people attended the hour-long ceremony in Orange Park.

Purple flowers adorned Somer Thompson's wooden casket and filled the floral displays around First Baptist Church of Orange Park. Her family wore purple ribbons on their clothing.
Pastor David Tarkington called her "a community hugger," who even hugged the crossing guard on the way to school each day.

"Somer was able to love greatly. She was also greatly loved," Tarkington said.

The north Florida girl disappeared a week ago Monday while walking home from school. Her body was discovered two days later in a landfill in southern Georgia.

Somer's parents, Diena and Samuel Thompson, who are estranged, sat across the aisle from each other during the funeral.

The pastor said Somer loved to dance, play dress up, draw and color.

"She had a creative mind and was very imaginative," he said. "She loved people and she loved animals."

Anna Braddy, who lived two houses away from the Thompsons, said outside the service that Somer loved to swim in her pool and play with other children, including her 9-year-old daughter, Kayla.

"She was the little sister to all the kids in the neighborhood," Braddy said. "It has affected the whole community."

Nikki Morris, a 37-year-old mother of four from Middleburg, Fla., said she hoped the funeral would bring some closure for the community.

She said she was especially touched by Somer's death, because she has an 8-year-old daughter. Morris said the incident makes her watch over her children.

"We keep them close and tell them we love them. I watch them a lot closer. They don't like it, but they understand it," she said.

Afterward, a motorcade accompanied Somer's body to Jacksonville Memory Gardens for a private graveside services for her family and friends.
George and Cindy Anthony attended and so did Mark Lunsford, whose daughter Jessica was kidnapped, raped and murdered in 2005.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office has investigated about 1,500 leads, but have not named any suspects or people of interest.

The reward for information about the killer now stands at $35,000.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1747 on: October 27, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »

Video Report  http://www.wftv.com/video/21438680/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1748 on: October 27, 2009, 04:23:30 PM »

Hello monkeys,
  I have not followed this case what so ever but what i get so far is that there was a 3 hr window in which she was not known to be actually missing... is that right?
and also my opinion is if the dump truck was local then she was probably abducted on foot or lured into a house... jmo of course...
i just don't see abducting someone nearby and driving her somewhere nearby and then also disposing of her in the nearby trash... i would think that once you get her in the car you would want to take her as far away as possible but i could be totally wrong of course... i would assume that if you abducted one of your local neighbors you wouldn't want to be seen with her by any neighbors not only would they probably find it suspicious but they might even recognize her from the neighborhood as well...
has any info been released as to was she actually in a garbage bag?
what day was trash picked up?
do they have a suspected cause of death?
have they said whether or not she was raped?
i know it is still kind of early on in the case for those questions and sorry if they have already been discussed but i have a lot of back reading todo on thhis one 80 something pages ... yikes

I tend to agree with you, there were so many people around that a car abduction is less likely. IMO, she walked to where she was assaulted by persons unknown then dumped into the local trash late at night for pickup that morning, they probably knew the schedule. I don't think she was in any container as her legs were visible in the trash. I am hoping the trash surrounding her will lead to her murderer.

MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1749 on: October 27, 2009, 04:41:39 PM »

Samuel Thompson, left, and Abby Thompson, right, brother and sister of Somer Thompson, wait with family members to enter the church for the funeral service of their sister, Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2009, in Orange Park, Fla.
Well that photo is just hearbreaking, two innocents, one who's little heart is broken. I wonder where Andrew was?
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1750 on: October 27, 2009, 05:14:51 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys..

Just checking in to see the latest..I really thought this one was going to be solved quickly

Welcome.. to all the new Monkeys!!!

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1751 on: October 27, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys..

Just checking in to see the latest..I really thought this one was going to be solved quickly

Welcome.. to all the new Monkeys!!!

Hi SEA, I think we might start seeing some movement not that the funeral is over. There are some questions that are close to home that need answered. IMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1752 on: October 27, 2009, 05:45:16 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g0ZKNq-opItZX0tIqxh3XHB2v9WQD9BJLLV01
Funeral held for slain Fla. girl found in landfill

By RON WORD (AP) – 1 hour ago

ORANGE PARK, Fla. — Mourners said farewell Tuesday to a 7-year-old Florida girl whose body was found in a Georgia landfill after she vanished on her way home from school, and they honored her favorite color by releasing hundreds of purple balloons into the sky.

Purple flowers adorned Somer Thompson's wooden casket and filled the floral displays around First Baptist Church of Orange Park. Her family wore purple ribbons on their clothing.

Pastor David Tarkington called her "a community hugger," who even hugged the crossing guard on the way to school each day.

"Somer was able to love greatly. She was also greatly loved," Tarkington said.

The north Florida girl disappeared a week ago Monday while walking home from school. Her body was discovered two days later in a landfill in southern Georgia.

Somer's parents, Diena and Samuel Thompson, who are estranged, sat across the aisle from each other during the funeral.

In an interview with the Associated Press outside an Orange Park restaurant, Samuel Thompson said he was devastated by his daughter's death.

"My little girl is in heaven now. She doesn't have to deal with this wicked world we live in," he said.
Thompson said he agrees that his daughter was a hugger.

"She could squeeze you and make you feel like there was no greater love in the world," he said.

The pastor said Somer loved to dance, play dress up, draw and color.

"She had a creative mind and was very imaginative," he said. "She loved people and she loved animals."

Anna Braddy, two lived two houses away from the Thompsons, said outside the service that Somer loved to swim in her pool and play with other children, including her 9-year-old daughter, Kayla.

"She was the little sister to all the kids in the neighborhood," Braddy said. "It has affected the whole community."

Nikki Morris, a 37-year-old mother of four from Middleburg, Fla., said she hoped the funeral would bring some closure for the community.

She said she was especially touched by Somer's death, because she has an 8-year-old daughter. Morris said the incident makes her watch over her children.

"We keep them close and tell them we love them. I watch them a lot closer. They don't like it, but they understand it," she said.

Afterward, a motorcade accompanied Somer's body to Jacksonville Memory Gardens for a private graveside services for her family and friends.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office has investigated about 1,700 leads, but have not named any suspects or people of interest.

~ Peter Frampton
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1753 on: October 27, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »

Two things:

I called the local news and they told me that the 4 armed robbers issue was a mistake, the "wrong address" was on the report and that it has now been corrected. (I don't know how to verify this).

Somer was buried at a very beautiful cemetery where some very special people have been laid to rest. Two of them are well-known...Ronnie Van Zant from Lynard Skynard was buried there decades ago. I was told they had to move his body but the memorial is still there. Also, Captain Scott Speicher (who was missing in Iraq for decades but his remains were recently found) was recently buried there, as well.

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1754 on: October 27, 2009, 06:11:16 PM »

Two things:

I called the local news and they told me that the 4 armed robbers issue was a mistake, the "wrong address" was on the report and that it has now been corrected. (I don't know how to verify this).

Somer was buried at a very beautiful cemetery where some very special people have been laid to rest. Two of them are well-known...Ronnie Van Zant from Lynard Skynard was buried there decades ago. I was told they had to move his body but the memorial is still there. Also, Captain Scott Speicher (who was missing in Iraq for decades but his remains were recently found) was recently buried there, as well.

Thanks PEACELOVE76.  an angelic monkey

It is nice to know she is buried in a beautiful place.

I just wish the LE would be more forthcoming how this happened, and why the RSO was on the investigative reports at that addy. An officer would have had to write this on a report, and for four different reports to have the same addy, is just screwy. jmo

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1755 on: October 27, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21441890/detail.html

"Clay County is going to wrap their arms around this family as never has been done before in this county," Beseler said.

Investigators said they putting together a profile of a killer and piecing together how someone would behave in this situation. The sheriff said he will release that information Wednesday.

Beseler said he believes the killer or killers is watching the investigation closely, and for that reason, he said he will not talk about the cause of death or any leads investigators are tracking down.

Clay Sheriff Rick Beseler
Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said he believes Somer's killer is "unnerved" after investigators found her body so quickly.
 VIDEO:
Uncut: Clay Sheriff Talks About Somer
"The fact that we found Somer so quickly I'm sure has unnerved the person responsible," Beseler said.

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1756 on: October 27, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »

I have a thought that is hard to put into words. But we have all referred to the perp as a "he."  We have seen that females have been known to do these things. The Sandra Cantu case comes to mind and there is a female juvenile that is a POI in the Elizabeth Olten's murder. Could that be why no one saw anything, because it is a female and would not be suspicious to most people? Everyone is trying to remember a male. Just throwing it out there, because there was just too many people in the area not to have seen something.   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1757 on: October 27, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »

Two things:

Thank-you
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1758 on: October 27, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »

I have a thought that is hard to put into words. But we have all referred to the perp as a "he."  We have seen that females have been known to do these things. The Sandra Cantu case comes to mind and there is a female juvenile that is a POI in the Elizabeth Olten's murder. Could that be why no one saw anything, because it is a female and would not be suspicious to most people? Everyone is trying to remember a male. Just throwing it out there, because there was just too many people in the area not to have seen something.   
I certainly have not discounted that a female may be involved.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1759 on: October 27, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »

Thank you,Peacelove76.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.