April 24, 2024, 04:40:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766710 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1780 on: October 27, 2009, 11:42:56 PM »

I wonder if these 2 creeps have any buddies roaming around Orange Park.

Feb 2009

Rape Suspect May Be Linked To 2008 Case

http://www.wesh.com/news/18695819/detail.html

Wife Turns In Suspects In Rape Of 11-Year-Old Girl

http://www.wftv.com/news/18696289/detail.html

Jury Selection Begins In Kidnapping, Rape Trial

http://www.wesh.com/news/21441187/detail.html

Heart
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1781 on: October 28, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »

Two things:

I called the local news and they told me that the 4 armed robbers issue was a mistake, the "wrong address" was on the report and that it has now been corrected. (I don't know how to verify this).

I can actually see them putting the wrong address in.  They probably had Somer and her case so strong on their minds that they typed in her address, either that or someone said something about her while they were typing it in (I do stuff like this all the time, like in college writing notes for class and talking at the same time and go back to my notes and I wrote what I was talking about, which was never what was being lectured).  As far as doing it 4 times, with everything being computerized it is so much faster to just cut and paste something that has to be typed in multiple times, which could possibly account for how that happened, they cut and paste and didn't really look to see that the address was indeed correct.  Well anyways, I can can see all this happening if the person doing the input data was me.   Maybe there are others out there like me.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: October 28, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »

Two things:

I called the local news and they told me that the 4 armed robbers issue was a mistake, the "wrong address" was on the report and that it has now been corrected. (I don't know how to verify this).

I can actually see them putting the wrong address in.  They probably had Somer and her case so strong on their minds that they typed in her address, either that or someone said something about her while they were typing it in (I do stuff like this all the time, like in college writing notes for class and talking at the same time and go back to my notes and I wrote what I was talking about, which was never what was being lectured).  As far as doing it 4 times, with everything being computerized it is so much faster to just cut and paste something that has to be typed in multiple times, which could possibly account for how that happened, they cut and paste and didn't really look to see that the address was indeed correct.  Well anyways, I can can see all this happening if the person doing the input data was me.   Maybe there are others out there like me.

Call me skeptical.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1783 on: October 28, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »

Blink asked me to post this for her:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/27/ijvm.01.html

POLITAN: No, you can`t. Shocking new reports, records from the Clay County sheriff`s office reportedly show four men were arrested for armed robbery at Somer`s home just hours before the cops found the little girl`s body.

Now, we don`t know if this reported robbery has any relation to the kidnapping and murder; police being very tight-lipped about it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SHERIFF RICK BESELER, CLAY COUNTY, FLORIDA: You know, we have a suspect out there somewhere who`s watching this broadcast right now. And I don`t want to tell that suspect what we`re doing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I understand.

BESELER: But I will tell him this. We`re coming to get him. And we`re going to find who did this and we`re going to bring that person to justice.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

POLITAN: Now, the men are reportedly being held without bond in the Clay County jail. We tried to confirm these details with the sheriff`s office, not heard back from them yet.

Bradford Cohen, is this some sort of a connection, do you think it`s possible?

BRADFORD COHEN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Sure. Anything`s possible. I think what the police are doing which is the most important is that they`re keeping tight-lipped about this. This is how an investigation should be done. You don`t pick one person and say this is our number one suspect because that`s when the defense attorney comes in and says from day one you went after my guy...

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1784 on: October 28, 2009, 01:36:32 AM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/

There's more on the robbers on Blink's site - check it out.  idk if it was posted previously if so sorry for the duplicate.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: October 28, 2009, 01:40:14 AM »

Blink asked me to post this for her:

POLITAN: No, you can`t. Shocking new reports, records from the Clay County sheriff`s office reportedly show four men were arrested for armed robbery at Somer`s home just hours before the cops found the little girl`s body.

Now, we don`t know if this reported robbery has any relation to the kidnapping and murder; police being very tight-lipped about it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SHERIFF RICK BESELER, CLAY COUNTY, FLORIDA: You know, we have a suspect out there somewhere who`s watching this broadcast right now. And I don`t want to tell that suspect what we`re doing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I understand.

BESELER: But I will tell him this. We`re coming to get him. And we`re going to find who did this and we`re going to bring that person to justice.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

POLITAN: Now, the men are reportedly being held without bond in the Clay County jail. We tried to confirm these details with the sheriff`s office, not heard back from them yet.

Bradford Cohen, is this some sort of a connection, do you think it`s possible?

BRADFORD COHEN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Sure. Anything`s possible. I think what the police are doing which is the most important is that they`re keeping tight-lipped about this. This is how an investigation should be done. You don`t pick one person and say this is our number one suspect because that`s when the defense attorney comes in and says from day one you went after my guy...

Thanks, Klaas and Blink.

I didn't watch JVM tonight.

I see I have every right to be skeptical about it being an "error."

Er ... four "errors."

Oh, and just a note: These are not "Shocking new reports" as the transcript says. They were listed the day of the arrests. Last week. On the 21st, SIX days before the show.

Hardly new reports!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: October 28, 2009, 02:23:16 AM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Investigators-will-release-details-about-Somers/nLPhErzYskGVLMTw6tw8Pg.cspx

Investigators will release details about Somer's killer

Last Update: 10/27 11:20 pm

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Investigators will release new information in the Somer Thompson investigation on Wednesday.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office has received nearly 1,700 tips and they are continuously following up on new tips.

At a news conference tomorrow, investigators will talk about the behavior that Somer's killer may exhibit.

You can watch the news conference live on CBS47 at 11 a.m. and on ActionNewsJax.com.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary.aspx?n=somer-renee-thompson&pid=134882995

No mention of her being survived by her father.

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1788 on: October 28, 2009, 04:59:58 AM »

I noticed that too.  How very sad. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: October 28, 2009, 07:02:44 AM »

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-28/story/orange_park_puts_somer_thompson_its_sunshine_to_rest
Orange Park puts Somer Thompson, its 'Sunshine,' to rest
Hundreds of people come out to pay their respects and offer support to the family.

* By Beth Reese Cravey, Dana Treen
    * Story updated at 6:06 AM on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2009
ORANGE PARK — Purple balloons were mixed with black mourning attire at a memorial service for Somer Thompson on Tuesday before a private burial for the 7-year-old first-grader whose disappearance and death have shaken a community.

Inside the packed worship center at First Baptist Church of Orange Park, the Rev. David Tarkington said he learned from Somer’s family, teachers and others what an animated, vivacious and creative child she was.

“She loved to hug everybody,” he said. “She loved to dance.”

He said the family needed to recall the good memories, like special Nana’s Girls Club parties where grandpa would be relegated to the back porch so Nana and the girls could do girl things.

“Somer was able to love greatly,” he said. “She was also loved greatly.”

Somer’s mother, Diena Thompson, was backed by rows of family and friends who filed into the church just before the 11 a.m. service. Somer’s father, Samuel Thompson of North Carolina, sat in an adjacent front-row pew.

“Every tear that has been cried has been collected by God,” Tarkington said.

He urged the family to be strong in their faith in the face of their loss.
“We know no one gets over it,” he said. “But we can get through it together.”

Somer Thompson, whose favorite color was purple and whose favorite song, “You Are My Sunshine,” was sung at the service, was on her way home from Grove Park Elementary School on Oct. 19 when she broke away from her twin brother and an older sister and ran. She vanished until her body was found two days later in a Folkston, Ga., landfill.

The disappearance and Somer’s death chilled Orange Park and became national news. Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said he feared for the community and warned residents there was a “child killer on the loose.”

On Tuesday many who came to the service had not known Somer but believed they should be there to support her family in the grim time.

A.L. Har-vay  of Jacksonville said he has followed the case from the beginning and though he didn’t know them, he went to the family with a fruit basket. He was among the first in line at the memorial arriving at 8:45 a.m.

“I just want to express my love and my grief,” he said. “It hurts every time you think about it.”
He said an outpouring from the community was important for Somer’s family for what they face.
“Even when this is done and the crowd is gone, they still need to feel that the community cares,” he said.

He said Diena Thompson had a right to be angry, then added a message to her about remembering Somer.

“You don’t want your anger to take the joy that you had with her for seven years,” he said.
When the service inside the church concluded, Diena Thompson followed the brown wooden casket as it was taken to a waiting white hearse that became part of the procession to Jacksonville Memory Gardens and a private burial.

“Bye, Somer,” one person cried as the hearse passed onto Kingsley Avenue and a call was made to release a cloud of purple balloons. “God bless you.”

As the hearse and procession drove off, hundreds of supporters of the family lined the streets with several holding banners urging justice for the brown-haired little girl.

Members of the group, Rockers Against Sexual Predators, held a banner reading “It’s not OK.”
The newly-formed group promises to have annual concerts in Somer’s name and otherwise promote changes in laws regarding sex offenders. The first concert is scheduled for Nov. 15.
Monday, Beseler said investigators were continuing to work but were keeping a low profile until the services were over.

“As long as it takes we are going to find whoever did this,” he said.

dana.treen@jacksonville.com,
(904) 359-4091

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1790 on: October 28, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »

Issues 10/27/09
Part 1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wq_Fqjf-L5g&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/wq_Fqjf-L5g&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Part 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mEX0JudbaU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5mEX0JudbaU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1791 on: October 28, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »

Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell 10/27/09

~ Peter Frampton
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1792 on: October 28, 2009, 09:33:24 AM »

Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell 10/27/09

Thank you Trim for posting that, it is helpful for me since I have no sound card or cable t.v
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1793 on: October 28, 2009, 09:37:59 AM »

Justice For Somer - Remembering Somer Thompson/facebook..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=173690669016&v=wall
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1794 on: October 28, 2009, 09:44:51 AM »

Thank-you so much for all the updates  an angelic monkey   I have a question about Somer's older brother, he is 13?  I'm asking these questions, does he not live with his mom and siblings? Is it true he was picked up at the park across from the abandoned house? I have to say yesterday while cruising WS and the thread over there on Somer there are people that think this kid could have been the one to have done something to Somer. I never gave it any thought at all, but then wondered about these questions? Could this Sean guy and his techniques maybe being used on the older child? I have to say I'm really confused with this 
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1795 on: October 28, 2009, 09:49:44 AM »

Sad morning for me. I am drained. I got up early and went to the cemetery to visit my loved one who is there. Somer is just a few yards away from Capt Speicher and from my loved one. I just cried and cried. It hit me hard to be standing there in the dark morning hours knowing that Somer's body was there, and I don't want to think what she must look like. My heart knows "she" is not there. ("Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep") but the little body that everyone knew and loved is there, broken, like a ruined masterpiece. Very tragic. She is near some bushes and it was shadowy so I started to wonder if the "creep" might be there (I know how weirdos are!) so I didn't go up too close. There were cemetery workers nearby who would help if I needed it. I typically feel at peace there. It's just so sad and tragic. On my way home from the cemetery, I drove past Somer's home and school. (Honesty , that is the normal route I would take home--the back roads--because the main roads are busy). There was a cop parked in the Thompson's yard, keeping watch. (I have been told there family has been with LE 24 hrs a day since this happened). Then I drove down Gano. I had never actually been by the school. It is a little bit of a "rough" area right by the school. I saw a thin middle aged man walking by himself...Not saying he was THE guy, but he looked kind of shady. There are lots of trees, bushes, railroad tracks, tennis courts, a church, a couple apt complexes...I could see how someone could have quietly grabbed Somer into a building or the brush. If there was noise or commotion someone would notice. But not if they quietly slipped away. Sometimes crowds distract people. Also, I didn't see the burned out house. Somehow I missed it (paying attention to the crossing guards who were just coming on duty for school). Anyway, I drove home crying. I'll be watching the news today to see what the Sheriff says. Has anyone considered this may have been a drug deal gone wrong? Or a revenge/enemy type thing? Just something that's crossed my mind. Also, anyone see SP in any of the photos of the memorial services? I didn't. Interesting...I did notice Somer's dad's side of the family was not in the obit. The papers reported they sat away from each other, too. I wonder if he will receive any of the money the community has raised? Another issue they'll have to deal with. I know I am rambling, forgive me. This is very emotional...

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1796 on: October 28, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »

Her brother Andrew has a different last name- Cardinal
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1797 on: October 28, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »

it is very sad the father and his family were not mentioned...
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1798 on: October 28, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »

it is very sad the father and his family were not mentioned...

So true JG, i wonder what is up with that.  Good morning all!

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1799 on: October 28, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »

Sad morning for me. I am drained. I got up early and went to the cemetery to visit my loved one who is there. Somer is just a few yards away from Capt Speicher and from my loved one. I just cried and cried. It hit me hard to be standing there in the dark morning hours knowing that Somer's body was there, and I don't want to think what she must look like. My heart knows "she" is not there. ("Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep") but the little body that everyone knew and loved is there, broken, like a ruined masterpiece. Very tragic. She is near some bushes and it was shadowy so I started to wonder if the "creep" might be there (I know how weirdos are!) so I didn't go up too close. There were cemetery workers nearby who would help if I needed it. I typically feel at peace there. It's just so sad and tragic. On my way home from the cemetery, I drove past Somer's home and school. (Honesty , that is the normal route I would take home--the back roads--because the main roads are busy). There was a cop parked in the Thompson's yard, keeping watch. (I have been told there family has been with LE 24 hrs a day since this happened). Then I drove down Gano. I had never actually been by the school. It is a little bit of a "rough" area right by the school. I saw a thin middle aged man walking by himself...Not saying he was THE guy, but he looked kind of shady. There are lots of trees, bushes, railroad tracks, tennis courts, a church, a couple apt complexes...I could see how someone could have quietly grabbed Somer into a building or the brush. If there was noise or commotion someone would notice. But not if they quietly slipped away. Sometimes crowds distract people. Also, I didn't see the burned out house. Somehow I missed it (paying attention to the crossing guards who were just coming on duty for school). Anyway, I drove home crying. I'll be watching the news today to see what the Sheriff says. Has anyone considered this may have been a drug deal gone wrong? Or a revenge/enemy type thing? Just something that's crossed my mind. Also, anyone see SP in any of the photos of the memorial services? I didn't. Interesting...I did notice Somer's dad's side of the family was not in the obit. The papers reported they sat away from each other, too. I wonder if he will receive any of the money the community has raised? Another issue they'll have to deal with. I know I am rambling, forgive me. This is very emotional...

Sam Thompson also has a benefit fund. He says the fund will help pay for visits to Jacksonville from his home in North Carolina.

Sammy Thompson Benefit Fund
The Community One Bank
1128 S. Main Street
Graham, North Carolina 27253
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147292&provider=top

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.