March 28, 2024, 09:57:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 762219 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2009, 08:32:49 AM »

Let me ask my Fellow Monkeys what you would do under these circumstances.  I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood.  But I'm sure everyone thinks that until something like this happens.

Anyway, the street I live on is one of the busier streets.  It's also the street kids use to walk to school, as the elementary and middle schools are at the top of the hill. 

Since school started, when I leave for work, I see this little girl walking alone to school.  She must be in the 6th grade because I see her walking too early to be elementary.  She's pretty petite, probably weighs less than 70 pounds.  She has a fairly lengthy walk to school, and with the changing of the seasons, it's still pretty dark outside when I see her.  And when I see her, there's no one else around--no other kids on the street.  She's all alone people.

Monkeys, this scares the crap out of me.  I'm not sure exactly where she lives, but I believe my home is about 1/2 way between the street I know she comes from and the school.  She probably has a 1/2-3/4 mile walk.  I don't want her to become a statistic.  Yes, I live in a "safe" neighborhood, but like I said, everyone thinks that until a child goes missing, and that doesn't mean there's a fence around the place that keeps the sickos out.  I don't know what her parents are thinking.  They're making her a target for a predator.

I am so afraid for this little girl.  But what can I do?  I have to do something because if I don't, and something happens to her, I won't be able to live with regretting what I "should have done."

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »

Mother pleads for return of Florida girl, 7
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33410779/ns/today-today_people/

Missing girl’s mom speaks out video
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33410749#33410749

Heart
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2009, 08:52:30 AM »

Ok this is what I would try to do.  I would try to find out where she lives. And then I would go on scared monkeys. And I would print off every story about a missing/murdered child around the same age as her. And I would include the whole story about the child. Like what when and where. And even how. And if that does not open up her parents eyes. Then nothing ever will. I have always been over protective so i thought. Untill I started comeing to scared monkeys. I do believe I have almost read every single story. And it scared the hell out of me. My eyes are always open and I am a lot more aware of my boys surroundings. That is exactly what I would do. And I would feel good because imma tell ya that would freak me out if someone sent me all that info. Jmo
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2009, 08:53:29 AM »

7 Year Old Somer Renee Thompson Missing Since October 19, 2009 in Orange Park, Florida Walking Home from School

http://missingexploited.com/2009/10/21/7-year-old-somer-renee-thompson-missing-since-october-19-2009-in-orange-park-florida-walking-home-from-school/

You know I actually did not think that anyone let their children walk home from school anymore. You just never know these days the skeves that live among us waiting to pounce.

One wonders if sexual predators were not out and about at the very time school was let out waiting to find an unsuspecting child.

Glad to see TES is will soon be on the search.

Sexual predator's love to troll around schools and parks.  The sob's!

Yay TES!!! 

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »

Investigators baffled by missing Fla. girl

The mother of Somer Thompson went on all three network national morning news shows Tuesday with a tearful appeal for the child's return. She said she assumed someone has her daughter.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jku48f5fXyywrpAYRzKaZ-jgoEFAD9BFFMKG4

Heart
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2009, 09:03:38 AM »

Let me ask my Fellow Monkeys what you would do under these circumstances.  I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood.  But I'm sure everyone thinks that until something like this happens.

Anyway, the street I live on is one of the busier streets.  It's also the street kids use to walk to school, as the elementary and middle schools are at the top of the hill. 

Since school started, when I leave for work, I see this little girl walking alone to school.  She must be in the 6th grade because I see her walking too early to be elementary.  She's pretty petite, probably weighs less than 70 pounds.  She has a fairly lengthy walk to school, and with the changing of the seasons, it's still pretty dark outside when I see her.  And when I see her, there's no one else around--no other kids on the street.  She's all alone people.

Monkeys, this scares the crap out of me.  I'm not sure exactly where she lives, but I believe my home is about 1/2 way between the street I know she comes from and the school.  She probably has a 1/2-3/4 mile walk.  I don't want her to become a statistic.  Yes, I live in a "safe" neighborhood, but like I said, everyone thinks that until a child goes missing, and that doesn't mean there's a fence around the place that keeps the sickos out.  I don't know what her parents are thinking.  They're making her a target for a predator.

I am so afraid for this little girl.  But what can I do?  I have to do something because if I don't, and something happens to her, I won't be able to live with regretting what I "should have done."

JessStar.  I hear your concern.  Perhaps you could call the school and ask them to remind parents through fliers that children should not be walking alone.  Ask if they will hold a safety seminar for the children and parents.  See if you can get a commitment from the school to do this.  Then follow up.  If no commitment then ring the Board of Education for the district, requesting same.
Also provide the school with a description of the youngster you are concerned about and the street/s involved.

Bless the children. 
Also describe the youngster and the specific route.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »

Webcast: Somer's Mother & Sheriff Hold News Conference at 8:15

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Somer Thompson's mom, Diena Thompson, will appear on all three network morning shows this morning.

The parking lot at Orange Park's Town Hall is filled with trucks, as crews prepare for the interviews inside council chambers.

Thompson will appear on Good Morning America on ABC and The Today Show on NBC.

A reporter for NBC News and several network news producers are also in Orange Park this morning.

Sheriff Rick Beseler will appear with Diena Thompson at 8:15 a.m. today, which First Coast News will cover live.

The sheriff has indicated the search has expanded and there's a statewide Amber Alert. But it's unclear if the search has expanded to the southeast region or even the entire country.

Somer's mother gathered with friends for a candlelight vigil Tuesday night. Her father who lives in North Carolina also pleaded for her safe return.

The 7-year-old girl disappeared while walking home from Grove Park Elementary school Monday afternoon. She was last seen with her hair tied into a ponytail with a red bow. She wore a maroon sweatsuit with a pink stripe and a black t-shirt. She was carrying a purple Hannah Montana backpack and lunchbox.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON THE SEARCH FOR SOMER: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/default.aspx

Anyone with information on Somer is asked to call 911, the CCSO non-emergency line at (904) 264-6512, 1-877-227-6911 or 1-866-845-TIPS. You can also click here to send an email to cart@claysheriff.com.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=146985&provider=top

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:03 AM »

Clay Schools Chief Struggles with Somer's Disappearance

By Jared Halpern, Reporter
@ October 21, 2009 7:06 AM

Grove Park Elementary first grader Somer Thompson vanished just 100 yards from Superintendent Ben Wortham's Orange Park home and not far from where his own school-aged grandchildren live.

"My own children, my own grandchildren live right in the neighborhood," the Superintendent said in an impromptu interview early this morning. "So this hits especially close to home for me and I have a real feel for what is going on here."

Wortham is facing the challenge of talking about a very adult situation, the disappearance of a young girl, with children who knew Somer as a playmate.

"What are you telling your grandkids?" I asked.

"I'm telling them to stay close to mom and dad. Never let them out of your sight," he answered.

Wortham isn't just trying to explain the disappearance of a seven-year-old girl to his own family, he's trying to make sense of this complicated situation to hundreds of kids in his school system.

"Young children are very smart and very perceptive in our world today," Wortham said. "The children viewed this as an opportunity to work with detectives and help their friend Somer. So I think students do understand the grasp of this."

Helping parents understand may be the bigger challenge.

Wortham is spending a few minutes with Somer's mother Deana this morning, his first chance to talk with the tearful and terrified parent since the girl's disappearance.

"It'll be [a message] of compassion," Wortham said. "Just letting her know that the school system and the school plays a role in the life of her child and just during the school day, but after school as well."

http://wokv.com/blogs/reporters_notebook/2009/10/clay-schools-chief-struggles-w.html

Heart
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2009, 09:24:28 AM »

JessStar.  I hear your concern.  Perhaps you could call the school and ask them to remind parents through fliers that children should not be walking alone.  Ask if they will hold a safety seminar for the children and parents.  See if you can get a commitment from the school to do this.  Then follow up.  If no commitment then ring the Board of Education for the district, requesting same.
Also provide the school with a description of the youngster you are concerned about and the street/s involved.

Bless the children. 

Awesome suggestion!  That is a great idea.  I'll even provide the flyers.  Thank you.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2009, 09:25:39 AM »

Ok this is what I would try to do.  I would try to find out where she lives. And then I would go on scared monkeys. And I would print off every story about a missing/murdered child around the same age as her. And I would include the whole story about the child. Like what when and where. And even how. And if that does not open up her parents eyes. Then nothing ever will. I have always been over protective so i thought. Untill I started comeing to scared monkeys. I do believe I have almost read every single story. And it scared the hell out of me. My eyes are always open and I am a lot more aware of my boys surroundings. That is exactly what I would do. And I would feel good because imma tell ya that would freak me out if someone sent me all that info. Jmo

Good idea.  It's amazing how many parents are unaware.  Don't ever feel like you're being overprotective.  Your kids will thank you.

luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2009, 09:36:25 AM »

Thanks. But I don't think my 14 year old is thanking me at all for being to protective. But he does not look like he is 14. He is a very small 9th grader. I take him and his little brother to school everyday. I always have. I just hope that I don't hurt our relationship or make him angry with me when he gets older. I tell him all the time. I say. Sorry hun. But I only get one chance and I am not gonna let nothing happen to my kids. Not on my watch. Is that bad? The way I see it. It is better to be safe then to be sorry.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »

I just woke up and somewhat caught up, I saw the mom's myspace a little bit yesterday, please where in the world are there pics that are inappropriate of children? I didn't see nothing like that 
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2009, 09:57:48 AM »

i just wanted to say I drive kids of all ages to and from school everyday. Kids that live right next to the school are not allowed to walk or bike to school.Every child MUST be brought in by car or bus.I think it should be this way with every school..These are precious kids..I live and work in a very safe neighborhood but now in days that doesnt matter. Some parents are just to busy to pay attention to whats going on with thier kids I think..I dont know how many times parents tell me to just drop thier child off even if noone is home, some of these children are only in second and third grade.My girls are 11 and 17...And I am an overprotective mother..Ive been told by so many.but i dont care I want my girls to be safe. They go everywhere with me. Thats why I took this job in the first place.I hope parents start to open thier eyes and make changes in thier lives with thier children before its too late. Prayers for Somer and family..Hope she is found soon safe and sound.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »

I just woke up and somewhat caught up, I saw the mom's myspace a little bit yesterday, please where in the world are there pics that are inappropriate of children? I didn't see nothing like that 
Good morning nrcg!
Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and look to the right side of the screen. Do not click on the link for pics.

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »

Good morning nrcg!
Scroll down toward the bottom of the page and look to the right side of the screen. Do not click on the link for pics.
Thanks, I'm a dummy with myspace 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »

I guess my question has been answered, the ice cream shaped like a penis 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »

Somer Renee Thompson
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=68853

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »

I guess my question has been answered, the ice cream shaped like a penis 
Sad!

Heart
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »

Good morning all.

Thanks for all the updates.

I wanted to point out that the father, Sam Thompson in NC is a disabled vet and in a wheelchair, which may be one of the reasons LE told him he should probably remain home for now.

There is a local video of him here: http://www.wxii12.com/news/21358726/detail.html

I also heard that LE does NOT believe that the attempted abduction incident of 10 days ago has any relation to this case. They said today that authorities had located both the car and the individual and are "pretty confident" the cases are not connected.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-florida-girl-somer-thompson-begs-return/story?id=8877337

TES should be there searching now. Let's hope she is found today!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »

Bless the children. 

Awesome suggestion!  That is a great idea.  I'll even provide the flyers.  Thank you.

great idea..Jess, thanks for paying attention...I always notice kids that are alone and are vulnerable...so if you and I notice it, don't you know for sure that a child predator notices it also? always looking for the opportunity..
if you or I were to offer this girl a ride, we would be suspect and rightfully so...so I think that going through the school is your best bet...or what about sticking some of the flyers in the mailboxes in your neighborhood? that might get the parents attention...good for you though for your concern..

I felt really sorry for Somer's mom today on the tv...she is gutted...poor family...hope that Somer is found today and returned safe and sound to her mom who is missing her so much! sad sad sad today!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.