April 26, 2024, 09:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766996 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #400 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/quick_topics/publications/shw/recycling/swm_99/c/1c.pdf                      For anyone interested about Florida and where the garbage goes.

Thanks.

That pdf says Clay County's goes to Rosamary Hill Landfill.

Here is their page:
http://www.wastemap.org/Facility-Profile.cfm?idsFacility=15
Thanks, well that is not Georgia 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/quick_topics/publications/shw/recycling/swm_99/c/1c.pdf                      For anyone interested about Florida and where the garbage goes.

Thanks.

Here is their page:

Hum, this certainly adds to the mystery.  They must be following up on a tip.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »

Thanks.

Here is their page:

Hum, this certainly adds to the mystery.  They must be following up on a tip.
I'm thinking the same thing.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: October 21, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »

Thanks.

Here is their page:

Panning out on the map on that page:

I was stricken by how the landfill (marked by the yellow triangle) appears to be about ½ way between Jax and Palatka.

Just kinda gave me chills for some reason.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »

It does Brandi 
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »

Omg why why are they looking there. Something must have happen or been said right? I mean they wouldn't just say hey let's go check the landfill would they.

Channel 4 also learned that a search was conducted at the Folkston, Ga., landfill where Clay County's garbage is dumped. Clay County officials said the search was routine, not the result of a tip, and nothing related to this case was found.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »

Not sure if this particular article on the landfill search has been posted yet:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=146992&catid=17

Officials Searching Georgia Landfill for Body
 Dave Wax     18 mins ago

FOLKSTON, GA -- The search for Somer Thompson is now involving a landfill in Georgia.

An official with Waste Management has confirmed to First Coast News that officials, including those from the Clay County Sheriff's Office, are searching through the Chesser Island Landfill near Folkston, and they are looking for a body.

It is not confirmed now what body they are looking for, but Clay County does have investigators on the scene.

First Coast News has a crew on the way and will bring you the very latest as soon as we learn more.

CLICK HERE for complete coverage of the search for Somer Thompson.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: October 21, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »

Wednesday Developments

Nearly 200 sailors from Naval Air Station Jacksonville joined the search efforts Wednesday morning, covering wooded areas and the grounds of a wastewater treatment plant less than one mile from where Somer disappeared.

Texas Equusearch, a volunteer mounted search-and-rescue team that was involved in searching for Haleigh Cummings in Putnam County and Casey Anthony in Orange County was to arrive in Orange Park on Wednesday afternoon.

Channel 4 learned that a search was conducted at the Folkston, Ga., landfill where Clay County's garbage is dumped. Clay County officials said the search was routine, not the result of a tip, and nothing related to this case was found.

The Justice Coalition on Wednesday offered a $25,000 reward for Somer's safe return and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is expected to visit the search command post in the afternoon.

Beseler also said Wednesday morning that investigators have located a vehicle and person involved in a possible child-abduction attempt in Orange Park 10 days earlier and said there is no connection between that incident and Somer's disappearance.

<snipped> from http://www.news4jax.com/news/21358653/detail.html

There is much more to this article.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: October 21, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »

Someone has put together a pretty good site here: http://www.somerthompson.com/

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: October 21, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146985&catid=3
Many Volunteers Turn Out to Help Find Somer, Reward Offered
 Erich Spivey  Gary Detman     Created: 10/21/2009 6:17:21 AM    Updated: 10/21/2009 1:14:40 PM

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Police have started turning away volunteers at the Orange Park Athletic Association because there have been so many wanting to help find 7-year-old Somer Thompson who disappeared on her way home from school Monday afternoon.

Also on Wednesday, the Justice Coalition is offering a reward for any information that leads to finding 7-year-old Somer Thompson. The group will announce the specific amount of the reward later this afternoon.

The award is funded by Allied Veterans of the World Inc. which is dedicated to helping VA volunteers and medical professionals.

Today, 500 people from NAS Jacksonville joined various law enforcement agencies in the area near Gano and Debarry avenues where Somer was last seen to assist in the search.

The volunteers that have been working today are running out of flyers and asking that anyone who can copy more bring them to the athletic association or go directly to the neighborhood. Those who want to be a part of the search effort are asked to come back tomorrow.

This morning at a news conference Diena Thompson called her daughter an energetic, sweet girl who would give anyone a hug, then pleaded for the safe return of the first-grader who has been missing since Monday afternoon.

The distraught mother alternated between crying and composure as she described to reporters how she got her daughter dressed and sent her to school Monday morning.

She put her hair in a ponytail with a red bow, Thompson said, and told her to try to make it through the day when Somer complained of not feeling well. Thompson said she could not remember if she told her daughter she loved her.

She described her outfit, including gray and blue socks, a purple Hannah Montana backpack with hearts and a skull on it, and rainbow shoes. The 7-year-old disappeared while walking home from Grove Park Elementary School. She was last seen wearing a maroon sweatsuit with a pink stripe and a black longsleeved T-shirt.

Gov. Charlie Crist is expected to speak today at the athletic association headquarters during a 4 p.m. police news conference.

Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said at the morning news conference that police found a car linked to a possible attempted abduction mentioned earlier in the week. Police have found the car and the individuals, but do not think they are linked to Somer's disappearance.

Beseler did not identify the individuals or make any arrests, calling the situation a "non-criminal" case. He said he did not want the public to continue to search for the car.

Police canvassed the neighborhood last night near West Gano and Debarry avenues where Somer was last seen and will continue this morning and into the evening, said Beseler.

This morning, residents said police knocked on their doors around 10 last night, looking through their homes, trash cans, cars and boats.

Thompson appeared on all three network morning shows today. The parking lot at Orange Park's Town Hall was filled with trucks, as crews prepare for the interviews inside council chambers.

Somer's mother gathered with friends for a candlelight vigil Tuesday night. Her father who lives in North Carolina also pleaded for her safe return. Another vigil is planned for tonight across from Somer's home on Horton Street. Participants are advised to bring their own candles.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: October 21, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »

UPDATE....

Dave Wax     Created: 10/21/2009 11:20:36 AM    Updated: 10/21/2009 1:21:06 PM

FOLKSTON, GA -- The search for Somer Thompson is now involving a landfill in Georgia.

An official with Waste Management has confirmed that officials, including those from the Clay County Sheriff's Office, are searching through the Chesser Island Landfill near Folkston.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office said that this is a routine part of any investigation. Officials said they wanted to investigate the landfill sooner rather than later.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer disappeared is dumped in the Georgia landfill and police have pinpointed where specifically the trash from that area is.

First Coast News has a crew on the scene and will bring you the very latest as soon as we learn more.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=146992&catid=17

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: October 21, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »

UPDATE....

An official with Waste Management has confirmed that officials, including those from the Clay County Sheriff's Office, are searching through the Chesser Island Landfill near Folkston.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office said that this is a routine part of any investigation. Officials said they wanted to investigate the landfill sooner rather than later.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer disappeared is dumped in the Georgia landfill and police have pinpointed where specifically the trash from that area is.

First Coast News has a crew on the scene and will bring you the very latest as soon as we learn more.

Thanks, Leroy.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: October 21, 2009, 01:36:53 PM »

I sure hate it when they update a story and I can't see anything different in it. LOL

I wish they'd put the new part in italics or bold it Wink

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »

UPDATE....

"Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill. Justino said the searches are a "precautionary measure" and are not based on a tip or a lead in the case."

"Clay County officials are searching two landfills, as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson.

Mary Justino, a spokeswoman for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said Rosemary Hill landfill near Green Cove Springs and the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, Ga., were targeted by investigators."

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-21/story/landfills_searched_as_part_of_somer_thompson_disappearance_in

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:23 PM »

She put her hair in a ponytail with a red bow, Thompson said, and told her to try to make it through the day when Somer complained of not feeling well. Thompson said she could not remember if she told her daughter she loved her.                       So she wasn't feeling well either, could she have went to hide somewhere and fell asleep? And then someone found her and took her? I don't know it just seems that with all the school kids running home that someone saw something.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »

Thanks Brandi 
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »

my guess is that the mom came across the monkey site or another similar one (or one of her friends) because her myspace is now private.  Mine has been private from day one.  Maybe she doesn't allow her kids to see her myspace page and that is why she had that stuff on there.  My 12 year old is not allowed to touch my pc and he spends the night at others houses no more than 3 times a year which really limits his internet time to school and that is monitored for the most part.  I think the only mistake she made was not having her page private to begin with.  I didn't see the pics so I don't know how they relate to kids but the ice cream cone just sounds like it was meant to be a sexual joke from one adult to another.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »

I sure hate it when they update a story and I can't see anything different in it. LOL

I wish they'd put the new part in italics or bold it Wink

I agree!  Would make it so much easier!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »

UPDATE....

"Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill. Justino said the searches are a "precautionary measure" and are not based on a tip or a lead in the case."

"Clay County officials are searching two landfills, as part of the investigation into the disappearance of 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson.

Mary Justino, a spokeswoman for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said Rosemary Hill landfill near Green Cove Springs and the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, Ga., were targeted by investigators."

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-21/story/landfills_searched_as_part_of_somer_thompson_disappearance_in

Thanks Brandi - did you check out the map at that link that says Points of significance    

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »

my guess is that the mom came across the monkey site or another similar one (or one of her friends) because her myspace is now private.  Mine has been private from day one.  Maybe she doesn't allow her kids to see her myspace page and that is why she had that stuff on there.  My 12 year old is not allowed to touch my pc and he spends the night at others houses no more than 3 times a year which really limits his internet time to school and that is monitored for the most part.  I think the only mistake she made was not having her page private to begin with.  I didn't see the pics so I don't know how they relate to kids but the ice cream cone just sounds like it was meant to be a sexual joke from one adult to another.

I agree....and I am not surprised that it is now private.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.