April 26, 2024, 08:48:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766887 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: October 21, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

All the laws necessary already exist.

People need to be more Vigilant in protection for the safety of themselves and there family members. From 38 year old women walking alone to 7 year olds walking home.
More laws will not stop Evil minds.

The truth of the matter is this. There has never been a safer time in history to live.
We just need to be more Vigilant and look out for others.
  From 38 year olds out walking alone to 7 year olds walking home. Giggly Americans have to wake up in order to stop the bad guys in my humble opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: October 21, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »

Just got home a little bit ago and read the  terrible news. Another child gone...murdered....my heart hurts and I just hope her death was swift.  I am so glad she was found but a landfill...ohmygawd!! Whoever is responsible for this will burn in hell for eternity. Rest in Peace Somer.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #602 on: October 21, 2009, 08:32:36 PM »

People need to be more Vigilant in protection for the safety of themselves and there family members. From 38 year old women walking alone to 7 year olds walking home.

The truth of the matter is this. There has never been a safer time in history to live.
  From 38 year olds out walking alone to 7 year olds walking home. Giggly Americans have to wake up in order to stop the bad guys in my humble opinion.

I couldn't agree more.
I couldn't agree more either. Also, we now have the internent, we have 24 hour news, we have amber alerts. I don't know but I'm sure years and years ago all this bad stuff was happening also, we just never heard of it. Evil didn't just start recently, it always has been here, always will.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #603 on: October 21, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »

To everyone who has made a post about changing the laws, and to those that agree, please remember that the Supreme Court is going to consider the constitutionality of that portion of the Adam Walsh Act that permits the feds to civilly commit sex offenders that pose a continuing danger to children beyond their jail sentences. It is vitally important that this law be upheld. Justice Sotomayor can very well be a swing vote on this issue. In her life as an appellate judge, she gained the reputation of being soft on and sympathetic to criminals. So proponents of this legislation may be facing an uphill battle. If ever there was a time for "a call to arms" it is now. Write your legislators, state and federal, and voice your support for it. While it may not affect the judiciary, it will send a very clear message of the will of the people.

Its time to raise our voices above all including those 9 that preside on our US Supreme Court & not stop until we have a resounding result for VICTIMS RIGHTS & SAFETY and not settling for anything less.  Its time to silence bleeding hearts with twisted ideology, their position becomes moot when every day we lose a child to the very animals they protect & empathize with.   Protect our children, dam it!

Write your senators, congressman/woman, governors, judges and send them the horrors we witness every day with the statistics we are all too aware of asking each and every one of them why being concerned with Level II and up sexual predators/human trafficking animals rights should  trump the welfare & safety of our children.  Locally, get involved and encourage your school system and law enforcement agencies to host safety & awareness clinics for the community.   If you are involved in extra curriculum activities with your children such as sports organizations, another perfect opportunity to encourage public awareness & safety tips.  Another aspect of these repetitive crimes is women being educated on the men they get involved with & what signs they need to pay attention to because these predators love to seek out women with children that are naive, undereducated and/or compromised in some fashion that makes them vulnerable to being victimized along with their children.  One day at a time, we can make a difference & save as many as we can collectively.
Capp I have a very stupid question, but how can we raise our voices to the Supreme Court? Aren't they "supposed" to say whether or not a certain law is Constitutional? I know that the judges are swayed by their ideology, but will they listen to me if I had something to say? TIA JSM   

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #604 on: October 21, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »

I read that article on the vigil. My God I can't imagine the pain this mother is feeling. In a day or two, the reality of the finality will set in. I feel so bad for her. I wouldn't be able to survive something like this. It is unimagineable.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: October 21, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »

You're welcome JessStar - and God bless you for your concern.

Have been away most of the day and now sadly another little one is gone.
God bless Somer and her family.  May justice be swift and severe!

Amen! and Hi Can!

Hey Leroy! 
I just don't understand why we as a society cannot do a better job of protecting our children.  I don't think a child sex predator should be allowed among us.  Far too liberal, imo   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: October 21, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »

ITA Edward, I look out for a little one that is always slipping away from his dad. I make sure he is safe until he goes inside. I am not 38 years old as I am much older, but I never leave my apartment by myself without my dog in tow.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: October 21, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »

JSM, I'll take a shot at answering your question. The answer is YES, they'll listen because the belief that the three branches of government are separate, independent, and serve to "check" each other is a fallacy. If the people rise up, and elected officials get afraid of their constituents, you'll be amazed at how quickly those they appoint will follow suit. Because if they don't, its the elected officials that will pay.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: October 21, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »

Denise Foskey, 29, of Homosassa is the aunt of Somer Thompson, who vanished on her mile-long walk home from school Monday in Orange Park, near Jacksonville. According to the girl's mother — Foskey's sister — Somer was squabbling with another child, and her sister told her to stop. The girl got upset, walked ahead of the group and hasn't been seen since.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/citrus-county-relative-pleads-for-safe-return-of-missing-orange-park-girl/1045829

Heart
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »

Let me say this too-don't ever think you are powerless to effect change. If we all think that way, our grandkids' grandkids will be blogging about this same issue.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:34 PM »

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Hundreds of people gathered in front of Somer Thompson's home this evening for a candlelight vigil just hours after police found the body of a little girl in a landfill in Georgia.

"I don't know if anyone has lost anybody...you guys have been amazing," said Diena Thompson, the mother of Somer Thompson.

Seven-year-old Somer Thompson was walking home from Grove Park Elementary School Monday afternoon when she was separated from her friends and brother and sister, then disappeared.

Surrounded by supporters in a massive hug, Thompson huddled on the ground sobbing. The community came out to the house on Horton Street holding candles, singing "Amazing Grace," and crying. Officials have not yet identified the remains found in the landfill; confirmation could come later tonight or Thursday.

Thompson thanked the community for its support during the past few days, telling them she didn't know how she would ever be able to repay them. "I never expected this...you guy's have been amazing."

"I love her and I'll miss her," Thompson said.

How kind and loving of her to be a part of and address everyone in her time of pain and anguish.
She is much stronger then I could ever be.
God Bless her. We all know there is a very long road ahead of her.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: October 21, 2009, 08:44:30 PM »

To everyone who has made a post about changing the laws, and to those that agree, please remember that the Supreme Court is going to consider the constitutionality of that portion of the Adam Walsh Act that permits the feds to civilly commit sex offenders that pose a continuing danger to children beyond their jail sentences. It is vitally important that this law be upheld. Justice Sotomayor can very well be a swing vote on this issue. In her life as an appellate judge, she gained the reputation of being soft on and sympathetic to criminals. So proponents of this legislation may be facing an uphill battle. If ever there was a time for "a call to arms" it is now. Write your legislators, state and federal, and voice your support for it. While it may not affect the judiciary, it will send a very clear message of the will of the people.

Its time to raise our voices above all including those 9 that preside on our US Supreme Court & not stop until we have a resounding result for VICTIMS RIGHTS & SAFETY and not settling for anything less.  Its time to silence bleeding hearts with twisted ideology, their position becomes moot when every day we lose a child to the very animals they protect & empathize with.   Protect our children, dam it!

Write your senators, congressman/woman, governors, judges and send them the horrors we witness every day with the statistics we are all too aware of asking each and every one of them why being concerned with Level II and up sexual predators/human trafficking animals rights should  trump the welfare & safety of our children.  Locally, get involved and encourage your school system and law enforcement agencies to host safety & awareness clinics for the community.   If you are involved in extra curriculum activities with your children such as sports organizations, another perfect opportunity to encourage public awareness & safety tips.  Another aspect of these repetitive crimes is women being educated on the men they get involved with & what signs they need to pay attention to because these predators love to seek out women with children that are naive, undereducated and/or compromised in some fashion that makes them vulnerable to being victimized along with their children.  One day at a time, we can make a difference & save as many as we can collectively.
Capp I have a very stupid question, but how can we raise our voices to the Supreme Court? Aren't they "supposed" to say whether or not a certain law is Constitutional? I know that the judges are swayed by their ideology, but will they listen to me if I had something to say? TIA JSM   

Yes, JSM your voice would be heard.   For any judge from local all the way to the US Supreme Court, our voices matter  - what we cannot and should not do is try to persuade a presiding judge on a particular case, in the interest of justice knowledge of someone trying to influence a judge could harm the case.   

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: October 21, 2009, 08:44:54 PM »

JSM, I'll take a shot at answering your question. The answer is YES, they'll listen because the belief that the three branches of government are separate, independent, and serve to "check" each other is a fallacy. If the people rise up, and elected officials get afraid of their constituents, you'll be amazed at how quickly those they appoint will follow suit. Because if they don't, its the elected officials that will pay.
BUT Jess, a Supreme court judge isn't voted in by the people. They are nominated by whomever is in power. It is the elected officials not the Supreme Court Justices we have to holler at, it is the elected officials and the people we have in power now are going to not help, because they are more worried about the perp's rights, instead of the victim of a crime. JMO JSM

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: October 21, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Hundreds of people gathered in front of Somer Thompson's home this evening for a candlelight vigil just hours after police found the body of a little girl in a landfill in Georgia.

"I don't know if anyone has lost anybody...you guys have been amazing," said Diena Thompson, the mother of Somer Thompson.

Seven-year-old Somer Thompson was walking home from Grove Park Elementary School Monday afternoon when she was separated from her friends and brother and sister, then disappeared.

Surrounded by supporters in a massive hug, Thompson huddled on the ground sobbing. The community came out to the house on Horton Street holding candles, singing "Amazing Grace," and crying. Officials have not yet identified the remains found in the landfill; confirmation could come later tonight or Thursday.

Thompson thanked the community for its support during the past few days, telling them she didn't know how she would ever be able to repay them. "I never expected this...you guy's have been amazing."

How kind and loving of her to be a part of and address everyone in her time of pain and anguish.
I was thinking the same thing, no way would I have been able to do that. God Bless this family  an angelic monkey
KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #614 on: October 21, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »

I couldn't agree more.
I couldn't agree more either. Also, we now have the internent, we have 24 hour news, we have amber alerts. I don't know but I'm sure years and years ago all this bad stuff was happening also, we just never heard of it. Evil didn't just start recently, it always has been here, always will.
I can remember walking to elementary school 1 mile away, Jr. High school 1 1/2 miles away. Riding my bike all over the neighborhood with friends until dark.  Kids can't do that anymore.   I realize we have 24 news at our fingertips like never before and we didn't hear of these atrocious crimes like we do now.  But I do think our world has changed so much, for the worse.  The lack of ethics, manners, common decency, and the inclination to sue your neighbor for any little thing has left our society morally corrupt.  Anything goes in our society.  And I for one am sick of it.  I raised my children to be decent, hard working, kind, God-fearing, productive contributing members of our society.  AND it was hard work!!! LOL
What I mean is, as a parent, it was my responsiblity to do this for my children and I did because I LOVE them.  So many parents are too absorbed in their own lives to care what their children are doing.  I ceased to be #1 when I married and had children.  At that point, I had much more important things to worry about than my own selfish needs.  Whew.... sorry for the long rant, don't know where it came from.  As always, this is just mho.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: October 21, 2009, 08:49:54 PM »

BUT Jess, a Supreme court judge isn't voted in by the people. They are nominated by whomever is in power. It is the elected officials not the Supreme Court Justices we have to holler at, it is the elected officials and the people we have in power now are going to not help, because they are more worried about the perp's rights, instead of the victim of a crime. JMO JSM
I see exactly what you are saying, I'm extremely pessimistic about all of this. I wrote to Barbara Boxer after Sandra Cantu's memorial, needless to say she did answer until months later, and I didn't believe a word she said. I deleted the email, cursed, and do hope for the best, but with all these budget cuts, do you really think children's issues are going to be on the top of the list. I don't, imo.
KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #616 on: October 21, 2009, 08:51:46 PM »

Just wanted to clarify from my previous post, I did not mean that this mother was in anyway responsible or didn't care for her children.  I hope it didn't sound that way, I just got on a roll about moi.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: October 21, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »

JSM, I probably wasn't as clear as I could have been. I know supreme court justices are appointed. All federal judges are appointed. My point is that if appointed judges don't listen to the will of the people, the elected officials that appointed them will pay because their constituents will vote them out. And elected officials don't want that. So your message gets through to the appointed judiciary by way of your elected officials. A good example of this is the Federal Sentencing Guidelines. There you have an example of the legislative branch performing a truly judicial function-sentencing. Something that before the guidelines was left solely to the discretion of the federal, appointed judiciary. But the people rose up, tired of weak federal sentences, tired of sentence disparity, and the elected legislative branch heard the message loud and clear and listened.

KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #618 on: October 21, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »

Very brave, too.  God Bless this family. 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: October 21, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »

I read that article on the vigil. My God I can't imagine the pain this mother is feeling. In a day or two, the reality of the finality will set in. I feel so bad for her. I wouldn't be able to survive something like this. It is unimagineable.

When I heard her say about not remembering if she told Somer she loved her or not, it broke my heart that she will forever beat herself up about this!  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.