April 23, 2024, 05:09:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 766627 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #760 on: October 22, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »

Cartfly......I would like to address you post from earlier,  I am a resident of Florida and I have been here all my life, so has my Fathers family, and Mothers family, I have 8 brothers and sisters and and lots of cousins, neices, and nephews, with the exeption of my sister that is missing,,(and she didnt come up missing from Florida) never has a bad thing happened to any of the children or anyone else because of where we live, Florida has always been a good place as far as I am concerned, to have children and to raise children, The cases that we hear about always have someone from another state mentioned.....just like Caylee Anthony......they were not natieves of Florida, they moved here, just like Misty moved here and I guess Somers Mother moved here, I dont know if she was here orginally before she divorced her husband, but I also dont know where her boyfriend is from either, so will have to look into that more.  The fact of the matter...IMO...is that Florida is a state that alot of people are always moving to because of the weather and the vacation areas and all that it beholds, its beautiful here, but just like everywhere else, there are always bad mixed in, We were raised in a small southern town with freedom to wonder around the woods and nearby rural areas because everybody knew everybody and if a stranger arrived, you can bet he was noticed, The parent today were raised the same way and then they move to a bigger town such as Jacksonville or Orlando or Miami and they dont realize that the difference and the danger that these towns hold...Its not just Florida that things happen in, its everywhere, but for the most part Florida is alot safer then some places, at least in my opinion, When Ted Bundy came to Florida and took the little girl from LakeCity, he came right through our little town, but school wasnt out yet, and guess what, at least 20 people saw him drive by because he was a stranger, they didnt know who he was, they just remembered seeing him drive by because he was someone they had never seen in our town, by the time he reached Lake City, school was out and he drove right up and picked that little girl up, and no one there remembered seeing him around.......Every place has its good and its bad!!!!

Adding to your post about Florida..........First of all, they caught Ted Bundy here in Pensacola on a traffic violation or he would have been long gone, but I love it here and feel safer here than anywhere. Granted, where I live is it feels like we are stil living in the 50's, there are almost no fenced anywhere, everyone knows everybody (including all your business), the kids play outside together and if your kid causes any trouble, you'll find out before they even make it home. There are no SO's on the Island, and only 3-4 according to which site you check withing 4 miles and they are in Gulf Breeze, now their could be unregistered or SO's that have yet to havebeen caught. I happen to think my son's school is the best anywhere including the prior private school he attended in TN. But there are always good and evil everywhere. We are just in a really isolated area with controlled access in the form of a toll bridge which can and has been shut down before to everyone but residents. We have never had more than a bar fight here. Still I am cautious and follow my son when he skateboards to school, but most parents don't. There are only 125 students (K-5th) in the entire school and the kids that live close walk, ride bikes (as do some of the teachers), skateboard etc. , but we do have crossing guards and 2 cop cars and pick up and drop off time everyday. As a matter of fact I think I am too comfortable here and maybe have a false sense of security.......that being said I am going to try to remember to lock my  doors and take the keys out of the car

IM . . . just do it!!!  Thank you!. . . there, I feel better!

Don't swat me now, will ya 

I'm not going to swat you. I KNOW I should do a better job of remembering these things and actually last night I DID lock the door to the house, but did leave the keys in the car (but not in the ignition). I'm going to really try harder, but I honestly think if someone wanted to rob anyone out there, they'd go to one of the McMansions and not my house, we have 5 cars out front, a 200lb dog and a 25lb cat that growls (don't even ask). It's really weird out here that way, I don't no anyone who has an alarm on their house where I used to have one in all my prior homes and everyone does leave their doors unlocked and their windows open to get the breeze coming thru.........but I promise I'm trying to do better an angelic monkey

Thank you!!! - you listen well...lol!
I lived on a beautiful island for ten years and it is always so lovely to hear the love you have for your chosen home.   

an angelic monkey Thanks Can..........it's more than just the home, it's the peace of mind and the simple things in life that make me appreciate my home. All I have to do is step outside to enjoy the sound of the waves or a beautiful sunrise/sunset and I know there is a God that created all of this and so often we are too busy to appreciate it and teach our kids about the simple things in life, being here has reversed that for me and the kids.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »

foxnews just reported that there will be a 4 eastern 3 central news conference - on live now
Thank you Capps.

What's your opinion? Do you think they have a specific perp in mind?

Sorry for butting in as i am not Capp, but i think they do and i read at blinks site and she says they do but are very hush about it.

Again sorry to inject my self in your question
I will go read over at Blink's thanks 

I can not find Blinks latest on Somer, can someone link me please? TIA

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/10/21/amber-alert-missing-7-year-old-somer-thompson-found-deceased-in-landfill/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #762 on: October 22, 2009, 02:26:14 PM »

NG suppose to talk about Somers case tonite...
its about time.....Im tired of gearing about Balloon boy and his dumbbutt parents, they are getting just what they wanted from this stunt, publicity, I say charge them with everything they can charge them with and then forget them........
Thanks.

May I add Jon and Kate to that?!   

Amen and Octomom......I'm so sick of all these media whores looking for their 15 minutes of fame on the back of their children

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »

O/T There is an afternoon presser for Elizabeth Olten case as well today. 9 yr old from St. Martins MO that went missing walking home from friends house,  last seen 5:15pm Wed.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6338.new#new
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #764 on: October 22, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »

foxnews just reported that there will be a 4 eastern 3 central news conference - on live now
Thank you Capps.

Sorry for butting in as i am not Capp, but i think they do and i read at blinks site and she says they do but are very hush about it.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/10/21/amber-alert-missing-7-year-old-somer-thompson-found-deceased-in-landfill/

Thank you Trimm, hope you are well.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2009, 02:34:19 PM »

Quantum-Touch Energy Healing Seminars

2009 Quantum Touch® Seminar Schedule

November 14 &15 Jacksonville, FL with Sean Patton
(Adele Durlacher will be hosting this seminar. Sean Patton will be teaching the Seminar-Location to be announced)
http://www.lightworkerspath.com/Lightworkers_Path_Seminars.html
You and I are definitely bothered by this, can't put my finger on this, and maybe everything is on the up and up, just doesn't feel like it is.
I will join as a one a bit uneasy bout this bf....

There maybe an issue with the BF, it is unknown right now, however, alternative and healing touch is very common throughout the US.  It is practiced by many RN's and physical therapists.  I think you are looking for something to fear or question without understanding it.  I know the 'unknown' can send up hinky meters, but do a bit of research first.  JMO

BBM
again, my uneasiness with the BF has nothing to do with the alternative healing itself. My uneasiness comes from him sending the other children out to look for Somer while he was home doing what? did he call her mother right away? no. I have several questions I would like answers to about that day. I have used homeopathic remedies for years and am very open minded,so please don't assume that I have a fear due to lack of understanding. I said yesterday,that was not what made me uneasy,though his "specialize in children" part did make me a bit nervous. Homeopathic and alternative treatments do not bother me. A man who specializes in alternative therapy on children and one disappearing on his watch,him sending the 2 REMAINING children back out to look for her and her subsequently turning up in a landfill deceased does bother me though. I don't know about you,but if a child disappeared in my area, I sure would not send 2 other young children out to look for the missing child to possibly end with the same fate as the one missing child.
Searching that is what I said yesterday, why didn't he leave the 10 year old home and even both kids, and he went out to look, makes no sense to me.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #766 on: October 22, 2009, 02:35:30 PM »

O/T There is an afternoon presser for Elizabeth Olten case as well today. 9 yr old from St. Martins MO that went missing walking home from friends house,  last seen 5:15pm Wed.

Thanks 
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #767 on: October 22, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »

Where is it at. Where it was said that. She was put in a dumpster? I can't find it
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: October 22, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »

Thanks 

I did not sleep 20 winks last night after reading about Somer and now another one is God trying to tell us something? What is this word coming to....I pray for this childs safety and to be returned to her parents.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01:27 PM »

Snipped from the article Texasmom posted:

“God help the sons of bitches  who hurt my daughter,” Samuel Thompson said. “They better find them.”

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

“They’re not going to live in Orange Park, Florida, anymore,”
Thompson said.

I can only hope that there isn't a rift coming between these parents. The Mother doesn't need that right now. Maybe the Dad too, but the Mom just doesn't need that right now.   

I agree CBB, what a horrible thing for him to say. I hope no one tells her he said that. Can you imagine, her daughter is dead and now she is being threatened with her other children being taken? In regards to the dad, is it true he hadn't seen his daughter in 2 years? Is that a rumor? I certainly hope it is a rumor because if it is true, seems like the situation was all good up until now.

Hi Tracygirl! Good to see you!

I read that he had not seen her in two years, and also I think the mom said that he wasn't part of their lives. I'll see if I can find that for you.

Well, before I take a leap to judge this man, Id like to know how much of that absence was due to his service in the military and his injury.  I saw the mom claim that the dad "was not in the picture" but he didnt seem to agree with that statement stating that the two talked during this.  He did ID a birthmark of Somer's so its not like he has been absent all or the majority of her short life.  Maybe he questions the boyfriend or has other legitimate reasons for that statement, who knows.  Same with her, a few things may have sounded off regarding her or her live in boyfriend too, but unlike other cases at this stage,  there isnt enough know yet.   Another murdered child, but at the same time each case is different & we have to look at it that way as facts unfold.   There is anger & grief right now with an obvious separation & we dont know all the circumstances.  In fairness for now & unless facts come out otherwise,  Id say they are both parents who have suffered the loss of a child & they are both grieving that loss.

Well if it is true it is shameful. Many fathers live out of state from their children and the words, not in the picture would never be used...Now the earth is going to end maybe with my next praise of my ex,  he and I live in different states, he calls the kids every night at 7, sees them every 4-6 weeks, with all of his faults such as not working, I cannot say he is not apart of the picture. But as Capp says, I will wait for facts to come out.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »

this is the closest SO to the school, .03 miles:

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=66005

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »

Thanks 

I did not sleep 20 winks last night after reading about Somer and now another one is God trying to tell us something? What is this word coming to....I pray for this childs safety and to be returned to her parents.

Maybe I did not word that right....by no means did I want my statement to sound like I thought this was Gods plan....I don't know maybe I am just overwhelmed with all this...Hope I did not offend anyone. an angelic monkey

HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: October 22, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »

I believe the statement by LE is to put pressure on poi but vague enough to let him/her think that LE is not on to them at this point.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »

blink on crime mentioned that she thinks LE will be re-visiting the earlier abduction attempt.

I went through all of the registered SO's near the area and checked each of their vehicles, but I'm confused as the attemped abduc. vehicle - saw it described as a 4 door, and also as an SUV.

When re-reading the story of the attempted abduction, if it happened the way it was described and LE has found the vehicle and the people - I would think they would be facing charges.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: October 22, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »

Fox news live just spoke about Somer and said that they may have a preliminary result for the autopsy soon...
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2009, 03:05:36 PM »

Yikes!!!! He looks like a SO....Scary.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »

Thanks 

Maybe I did not word that right....by no means did I want my statement to sound like I thought this was Gods plan....I don't know maybe I am just overwhelmed with all this...Hope I did not offend anyone. an angelic monkey

normal to wonder about God at a time like this.

My feeling is that the only lesson he can be teaching is for us to keep an eagle eye out for the kids - ALL of the kids, not just our own.

Because he's given free will and some abuse that.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »

Yikes!!!! He looks like a SO....Scary.

he reminds me of Phil Spector for some reason.  Maybe its the hair.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »

I saw him when looking the other day and had told someone he needs to be checked out.he makes my skin crawl.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »

Thank you Capps.

Thank you Trimm, hope you are well.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.