April 30, 2024, 02:56:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #1 10/19/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 767482 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2009, 07:35:37 PM »

The father of a 7-year-old girl whose disappearance has created headlines in Florida lives in Graham.

Sam Thompson found out his daughter was missing when he was called Monday evening by the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. Somer Thompson disappeared on the way home from school Monday afternoon, leading to a statewide Amber Alert in Florida.

Sam Thompson and Somer’s mother, Diena Thompson, are separated. She, Somer and the family’s three other children live in Orange Park, Fla., a suburb of Jacksonville.

News accounts say Somer Thompson was walking home from school with siblings and friends Monday when she ran ahead of the group and disappeared. Newspapers and TV stations report a massive search involving more than 100 law enforcement officers, helicopters and tracking dogs. Anyone with information is asked to call the Clay County Sheriff’s Department at 1-877-227-6911.

Somer Thompson is in second grade and attends Grove Park Elementary School in Orange Park. She has brown hair, is 3 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 65 pounds.

Sam Thompson said Somer and her siblings briefly lived in Alamance County. She attended Alexander Wilson Elementary School.

Sam Thompson is a 1987 graduate of Southern Alamance High School, where he played football and baseball.

His service in the U.S. Army included a tour of duty in Iraq, where he was injured by being thrown from a truck.He is part of Trinity Baptist Church near Graham.

Thompson said he’s ready to make a trip to Florida but has been advised by law enforcement there to wait to see what happens.

“I hope she’s just curled up in somebody’s house right now scared to come out, because she’s scared she’s going to be in trouble,” he said. “We just want her to come home so we can kiss her face off.”

He also had a message for anyone who may have his daughter. “She’s precious to us,” he said, and the family longs to have her back.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/florida-29006-bodycopy-daughter.html
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »

Brandi, I am e-mailing some things to you to see if you can add them to the RSO maps please maam?? Thank you

Ok, but lead me to "the RSO maps" please.

That is one area I have not been investigating/following closely.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6325.100

I made this map as requested showing the points Searching asked me to mark. (Crossing guards and a deputy in a marked car with lights.)

I could not add the points to the already posted RSO maps, since those maps are panned out so far, the intersections being noted are not visible.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Brandi,I knew you could do it, you rock!! so no crossing guards from that intersection Debary I think? toward her home, just the one on that intersection and the others as well as LEO down the other way. so sad, had the LEO been on her route.....or a guard..something more then just the one.....

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »

The father of a 7-year-old girl whose disappearance has created headlines in Florida lives in Graham.

Sam Thompson found out his daughter was missing when he was called Monday evening by the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. Somer Thompson disappeared on the way home from school Monday afternoon, leading to a statewide Amber Alert in Florida.

Sam Thompson and Somer’s mother, Diena Thompson, are separated. She, Somer and the family’s three other children live in Orange Park, Fla., a suburb of Jacksonville.

News accounts say Somer Thompson was walking home from school with siblings and friends Monday when she ran ahead of the group and disappeared. Newspapers and TV stations report a massive search involving more than 100 law enforcement officers, helicopters and tracking dogs. Anyone with information is asked to call the Clay County Sheriff’s Department at 1-877-227-6911.

Somer Thompson is in second grade and attends Grove Park Elementary School in Orange Park. She has brown hair, is 3 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 65 pounds.

Sam Thompson said Somer and her siblings briefly lived in Alamance County. She attended Alexander Wilson Elementary School.

Sam Thompson is a 1987 graduate of Southern Alamance High School, where he played football and baseball.

His service in the U.S. Army included a tour of duty in Iraq, where he was injured by being thrown from a truck.He is part of Trinity Baptist Church near Graham.

Thompson said he’s ready to make a trip to Florida but has been advised by law enforcement there to wait to see what happens.

“I hope she’s just curled up in somebody’s house right now scared to come out, because she’s scared she’s going to be in trouble,” he said. “We just want her to come home so we can kiss her face off.”

He also had a message for anyone who may have his daughter. “She’s precious to us,” he said, and the family longs to have her back.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/florida-29006-bodycopy-daughter.html

Thanks JG.

Here's an image of the father, Sam that I gleaned from a video:

I hear he is a disabled VET living in NC.

Interesting that the article you posted said that he has been advised by LE to stay put for the time being.

Also sad that he has not seen Somer for about two years, IMO.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

A special at 8 PM (in a few minutes) to be broadcast.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »

very wierd indeed that LE told the father to stay in NC, My God, his daughter is missing and I dont think she is on her way to NC at the age of 7......I had hoped they would find her by now but here it is...dark again.....poor child..

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »

There is a vigil right now with several hundred people in front of the family's house.

The mother came out making a plea for her daughter to come home. She broke down. Very emotional.

Reporter said that the grandmother said Somer "never met a stranger" .. like she was very friendly and would talk to everyone. (Reporter using the past-tense, not me)

Community rallying around. Printing companies donating flyers.

The father in NC is hoping she is hiding somewhere. Pleas for her return. Mentioned again that LE has asked him to remain in NC for now.

Then the special is going to cover Haleigh.

This special is still on if you want to go watch it.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: October 20, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »

Watching, Haleigh's great grandmother was just on for comment

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »

Watching, Haleigh's great grandmother was just on for comment

Yes,

I made a post in Haleigh's thread also.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »

There is a vigil right now with several hundred people in front of the family's house.

The mother came out making a plea for her daughter to come home. She broke down. Very emotional.

Reporter said that the grandmother said Somer "never met a stranger" .. like she was very friendly and would talk to everyone. (Reporter using the past-tense, not me)

The father in NC is hoping she is hiding somewhere. Pleas for her return. Mentioned again that LE has asked him to remain in NC for now.

Was there a TRO or PRO issued on the father?   Just joining this case

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2009, 08:21:49 PM »

Not to our knowledge.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »

Great Grandma Sykes says she knows what the family is going through, and her heart goes out to them.

Businesses are putting out flyers for people to pick up.

Another commercial break now.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »

Awesome map Brandi.. Thank You
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »

This is a walk down Debarry Ave toward home...

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »

Not to our knowledge.

Reason I asked is maybe its due to the parents having significant difficulties between them which may indicate having them together may not be a good idea.

Seems to me from what I'm hearing is that it is a sexual predator/human trafficking case.    I'll read back here but is there a further explanation of this sibling fight that reportedly occurred?

an angelic monkey Prayers for Somer  an angelic monkey

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »

Clean up on page 13............accidentally posted in wrong thread and BLEW the margins I'm sure...........Muffy or Klaas or anyone, HELP

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »

Her mother's gut wrenching plea got me all choked up, damn
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »

Awesome map Brandi.. Thank You

My pleasure. Searching gave me the points to map for the crossing guards and cop car.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »

Not to our knowledge.

Reason I asked is maybe its due to the parents having significant difficulties between them which may indicate having them together may not be a good idea.

Seems to me from what I'm hearing is that it is a sexual predator/human trafficking case.    I'll read back here but is there a further explanation of this sibling fight that reportedly occurred?

an angelic monkey Prayers for Somer  an angelic monkey

The whole "sibling fight/disagreement" is vague to me. Not sure much has been reported on it.

And I agree, sounding very much like an abduction case to me at this point. Especially with the report of a near-abduction in the area very recently.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2009, 08:44:42 PM »

OT ~  Islandmonkey-I removed your post with the lovely, yet very humongous pics.  You may want to resize them before you post them again anywhere...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »

OT ~  Islandmonkey-I removed your post with the lovely, yet very humongous pics.  You may want to resize them before you post them again anywhere...

Thanks Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After that boo-boo, I'm goig to wait a bit though

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.