March 29, 2024, 01:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audit the Federal Reserve & Doublespeak...  (Read 2235 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 20, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »

What's wrong with the Ron Paul?  I've read the good information and it should be easy to get going.  What's wrong with knowing who's manipulating our currency at the Fed?  Who's rolling in the dough?  Why Main Street is forgotten?

"Federal Reserve Accountability ActAn Unacceptable Compromise"

Today, SenatorsJeff Merkley (D-OR) and Bob Corker(R-TN) introduced the Federal
Reserve Accountability Act, an attempted compromise on the issue of transparency
for America`s secretive central bank. The bill would permit an audit of the
Fed`s actions in the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and similar high
profile bailouts, but would not allow Congress to review the Fed`s inflation of
the money supply or the its agreements with foreign central banks.

"The Federal Reserve Accountability Act does not audit the monetary policy
functions which have been responsible for our deteriorating dollar and so many
of our current economic problems, and it is not an acceptable piece of
legislation. Campaign for Liberty will continue to push for a full audit of the
Fed."

The announcement of the new legislation comes after the number of cosponsors in
the House of Representatives for H.R. 1207 recently climbed to 303, and S. 604
gained 30 senate cosponsors. Campaign for Liberty has been leading the
grassroots effort on H.R. 1207, getting it to its current point with 75% of
Americans showing support for a thorough audit of the Federal Reserve.

For more information, visit: www.CampaignForLiberty.com

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS232687+20-Oct-2009+BW20091020

If Americans don't know what the bank is doing with the national currency, why not just cut out the middleman?  Disband the Federal Reserve?  Problem solved.

There has to be a better way to manage the currency.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »

Senators craft dumbed-down Federal Reserve audit bill
October 21, 2009 by Steve Adcock

Two Senators have unveiled a new bill that would have the Government Accountability Office (GAO) audit the Federal Reserve’s emergency lending programs that were built to support the federal stimulus efforts, a plan that Texas Representative Ron Paul had already introduced several months ago and currently enjoys more than 300 sponsors and investigates the Federal Reserve much more deeply.

Ron Paul’s similar legislation dives much more deeply into the practice of the Federal Reserve and opens up an investigation into all aspects of the central bank and their operations – not simply the emergency programs...

read more here - http://www.smallgovtimes.com/2009/10/senators-craft-dumbed-down-federal-reserve-audit-bill/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »

Waterboarding Ron Paul’s Audit The Fed Bill

October 21st, 2009 8:00 am  by Marc Gallagher

...Yesterday, a new bill was introduced by obviously bought and paid for lawmakers that is a “waterboarded” version of Ron Paul’s bill.

...The bill takes the cake out of Paul’s bill and leaves nothing but the frosting.

The bill avoids review of the Fed’s regular lending programs, such as the longstanding discount window, and its interest-rate decisions.

So, it excludes the fundamentals, the very actions 75% of the American people say they want to know about. The attitude of these so-called representatives is reprehensible.

I’m willing to bet that Merkley and Corker have some large donors in the banking industry.

...the fight has just begun. Please call your representatives and make sure they understand the difference between the full audit and the waterboarded audit introduced yesterday. Tell them that you will not accept anything other than a full audit. It is time to take off the gloves and fight. It’s going to get dirty in DC. Well, more dirty than it already is.

read more here - http://libertymaven.com/2009/10/21/waterboarding-ron-pauls-audit-the-fed-bill/7791/

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »

Barofsky: US Treasury abdicated responsibility for AIG

Not all Barofsky’s recommendations have been implemented. In July, for example, he called for more clarity on banks’ use of Tarp funds, which the Treasury has been reluctant to give. Sigtarp has also highlighted the possibility for conflicts of interest arising from the Public-Private Investment Program and proposed the use of Chinese walls at investment firms – another proposal disregarded by the Treasury. But Barofsky remains optimistic: “We take encouragement from our successes and we refuse to accept the fact that we’re not eventually going to persuade the Treasury to do the right thing. Sometimes we’re puzzled by the failure to adopt transparency recommendations, but we’re going to continue to fight for the right of the US taxpayer to know what’s going on with their investments.”

http://www.risk.net/risk-magazine/news/1559202/barofsky-us-treasury-abdicated-responsibility-aig

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.