April 25, 2024, 03:22:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. President, Main Street on line one...  (Read 1861 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 21, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

Barack Obama campaigned for hope and change.  The reality?  Debt and destruction.

How many decades, generations, and millions of Americans will it take to pay off the Obama debt?  Is it possible to spend your way out of bankruptcy?  Again and again?  We have a stimulus that isn't working, that's just begun, 11%, and Obama wants to spend and add to the debt?  What will it take to pay this off?  A hundred years of poverty? 

Hyperinflation, what is it good for?    How many secure retirements will it destroy?  How many college educations?  How many families will be forced on the economic hamster wheel?

Isn't economic security a human right?  If not a right, a good thing?

How can healthcare be important when people are losing their homes?  Oops...maybe some folks are losing their homes, others just keep buying and buying new homes. 

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  America is a wealthy nation.

The Federal Reserve helps the rich get richer, and Main Street gets to pay for it.  So much for hope and change.

The Obama administration helps the rich get richer, and Main Street gets to pay for it.  So much for hope and change.

Obama wants to redistribute wealth, share our success broadly...the rich get richer, and the poor get to pay for it over and over and for generations.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:35 AM »

I listened this morning to a talking head on FOX talking about the need for another stimulus, to be spent on just 'infrastructure'.  Why? 

Why build infrastructure?  Don't we already have enough empty houses?  Empty 'industrial' buildings and parks?  Roads to no where?

It seems like Japan has been focusing on infrastructure for over a generation.  Is their economy booming?  I seem to recall reading they have lots of infrastructure, generational debt, and no jobs, no prosperity, lots of welfare, debt, and poor prospects for the future.

What is the point of building roads and buildings when people are homeless?  Job loss continues?  What good are new schools when people are homeless and their children live in shelters?

Why not build some tent and shack cities for the millions that some predict will be losing their homes and jobs?

Do people without cars really need roads to no where?  Do we need to build roads when we have no goods or services to use them?

What is the point of all this debt and spending?

A construction job only lasts until the project is complete.  Does this man really think the nation can build for generatins, rack up spiraling debt, and bring prosperity?

Roads and construction to bring America into a new dark ages.

No jobs for you America...

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer in Obamaland.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »

American cities were once vibrant places with neighborhoods filled with economic activity.  The only economic activity today, in many of these places, is illegal.  Drug sales that destroy hope, cause crime, and shorten lives.

Folks may have complained for years that working causes bad backs, bad hands, and disability.  However, those that engaged in these activities, often lived to be old.  They enjoyed their retirement from the rat race, and were able afford a few pills to make their lives comfortable in their old age. 

What value to illegal drugs add to a neighborhood?  Does this economic activity build infrastructure?  Feed families?  Make life good?

Economic activity is security.  For some reason, Obama doesn't like oil imports and wants to make America less dependent on foreign oil.  Why not drill in America?  Oil isn't used just for gasoline or diesel.  It's used in a lot of other products, including plastic, fertilizer, and other things that touch our lives on a daily basis.

If we all set up a windmill, what about those other things?  No problem.  We'll just import them.  Other global folks will benefit from the jobs and prosperity.  No jobs for you lazy Americans.  It's Obama's plan to spread the money around.  Doesn't matter if you're homeless and you and your children have poor prospects for the future.  It Obamanomic at it's finest...  The best part?  Generations of Americans will be paying.  The rich in America will get richer, and the poor will get poorer. 

Oops!!! My bad, there aren't any 'rich' in America, they're 'global citizens'.  They don't owe an allegience to any nation...they're above all that.  Taxes are just for the little people - the elite don't pay taxes, and they don't pay the penalties!!!  Neither do they fear the IRS.  Wall Street works for them!   

No jobs for you America.  We have to send your money and the fruits of your labor to foreign nations, workers, and businesses.  We have to spread the wealth around so global citizens, businesses, and empires get richer...you get to pay for it!  Wow, what a deal for the future.

Obamanomics at it's finest.

Gotta make sure none of the little people get uppity and think they should get a piece of the pie too! w

Why is economic activity, like manufacturing a bad thing?  Something to be discouraged by taxes and policies?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 08:32:49 AM »

I don't think a few temporary construction jobs is going to create a strong economy.

There was a time in America, when workers had their choice of cars.  Lots of companies made cars.  Some came in colors, some came in just black.  Americans had choices.

The choices dwindled over the years, and so did the jobs. 

Why were fewer people able to support more businesses in the past?  Contrast to today - bigger companies and fewer in America can afford to buy the product.

What kind of security is this?  The only ones that benefit are rich global companies and large global business empires.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Need a favor?  Just grease a few palms.  The American banking system and politicians in Washington just seem to work for Wall Street and wealthy global businesses and people. 

Why don't these folks and the Federal Reseve work for Main Street?  Why do Americans get the debt and not the promise of prosperity?

Why is Obama debt more important than economic security?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »

"South Korean Economy Expands at Fastest Pace in Seven Years"

Gross domestic product increased 2.9 percent in the third quarter from three months earlier, when it expanded 2.6 percent, the central bank said today in Seoul. That was the fastest since the first quarter of 2002 and compared with a median estimate of 1.9 percent growth in a Bloomberg survey. From a year earlier, GDP rose 0.6 percent.

read more here - http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=atQTF.sdEVa4

I recall that a lot of taxpayer stimulus money was sent to Korean companies for battery research, factories, and jobs.

Why didn't that money benefit Americans?

American job losses are at record highs, and the stimulus seems to be killing them off on a daily basis.

When will the stimulus and other porkulus bills work for Americans and not against them?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.