April 27, 2024, 01:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543189 times)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »

Are the parents divorced? It may have been stated and I missed it. Is there bad feelings between mom and dad?

Not sure if they were ever married, dad's gf came up missing a few yrs back and he is a suspect, and Northern said in his court papers that there was a request to determain paternity on Elizabeth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=366189

St. Martins girl went missing coming home from friend's house
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 10:53 p.m.

ST. MARTINS -- UPDATE: Thursday 2:03 pm:

KRCG news has an update following an afternoon press conference with Cole County Sheriff Greg White.

White says so far they have no information that would lead them to believe foul play is involved.

There are now over 200 volunteers helping in the search. The sheriff says they have enough volunteers for the time being.

The rain is hampering the search effort which is still focusing on where AT&T says the Elizabeth's cell phone was last located.

The last "ping" pointed searchers to the woods behind the family's home. The family says it is a mystery why the cell phone would be in the woods because Elizabeth only walked near the woods.

The cell phone is no longer responding to the "pings" from the cell tower and could have a dead battery. The sheriff's office has requested the call records from AT&T.

Lowes Home Improvement store has donated rain gear for searchers.

Some comments from the link above:

turning people away

Posted by Beth Sweeten, Lohman - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 3:02 p.m.

My dad went to go help. He was told from somebody that they have an area ropped off and will not tell people what or why, but they have called in everyone who was searching. Does not sound too good.
questions2

Posted by Larson Bode, JC - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:58 p.m.

Turning away help...and no amber alert?? Whats really going on here?
just concerned

Posted by usmc forever, holts summit - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:57 p.m.

I hope its not true but i just got a text saying they found her in the woods near her home murdered.
rejecting a helping hand

Posted by A. l, St Martins - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:41 p.m.

I just back back from trying to help find this little girl, and they were sending A LOT of people home including me, they did not give us a reason why they were sending all these people that wanted to help, home. Could anyone explain why that is?
I have a daughter, and I would NOT reject anyone that wants to help find my child. I understand that there might be a lot of people in this little girls neighborhood (where the cell phone signal was found) that does not mean that people can't branch out past that and look. You find things where you least expect it, and from the way it sounds that is the only place they are looking. I am just so disappointed that they were telling people to go home.
Missing in Missouri

Posted by cindy d, california mo - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:39 p.m.[/b]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:09:59 PM by klaasend » Logged
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »

OMG,,not again, this is crazy and Im about ready to just lock my child up, I cant believe this, not another one.....What is going on....is it just me or is this becoming a everyday thing, is there somekind of group going around doing this, I dont know what to say.......I just cant believe it, God Bless her Family and please help LE to find this one today....alive......please.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »

Are the parents divorced? It may have been stated and I missed it. Is there bad feelings between mom and dad?

Has not been stated.  However, Patrica did take him to court to order a DNA paternity test for Elizabeth and he was her father.  Nothing indicates that they were married, just that Dale Sr is her Dad.  I am going on a limb here and guessing that Dale SR has been in Jail so much that he would not have had much contact with any of them.  JMO
Could very well be, just thought maybe, he took her for revenge or for whatever sick reason.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »

The have not given enough info to identify her house yet only a general area.  Her mom is Patrica Preiss as there was a DNA paternity case against Dale Sr in his 5 pages of court records.  No Preiss comes up in white page searches.  The woods they are searching based on info about the command center and which block the friend lived on and Elizabeth lived on I believe to be here.

That really doesn't look like a huge area, does it?

Fanny, there you are! i lost you!

I think they said its pretty hill-y and bad terrain, ponds trees hills and rain, harder to search

Yes, I am familiar with that area. It's just a lot smaller than I thought it would be. (I've been making jelly and reading along.)

Here is a wider view.  The news said the command centre was set up there as it was close to Elizabeth's house.  She had to walk 4 houses home (not confirmed) and it was 1/4 mile from friend to her house.  There is a huge section of woods north that could be where the cell was pinging from. 
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »

St. Martins girl went missing coming home from friend's house
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 10:53 p.m.

ST. MARTINS -- UPDATE: Thursday 2:03 pm:

KRCG news has an update following an afternoon press conference with Cole County Sheriff Greg White.

White says so far they have no information that would lead them to believe foul play is involved.

There are now over 200 volunteers helping in the search. The sheriff says they have enough volunteers for the time being.

The rain is hampering the search effort which is still focusing on where AT&T says the Elizabeth's cell phone was last located.

The last "ping" pointed searchers to the woods behind the family's home. The family says it is a mystery why the cell phone would be in the woods because Elizabeth only walked near the woods.

The cell phone is no longer responding to the "pings" from the cell tower and could have a dead battery. The sheriff's office has requested the call records from AT&T.

Lowes Home Improvement store has donated rain gear for searchers.

Some comments from the link above:

turning people away

Posted by Beth Sweeten, Lohman - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 3:02 p.m.

My dad went to go help. He was told from somebody that they have an area ropped off and will not tell people what or why, but they have called in everyone who was searching. Does not sound too good.
questions2

Posted by Larson Bode, JC - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:58 p.m.

Turning away help...and no amber alert?? Whats really going on here?
just concerned

Posted by usmc forever, holts summit - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:57 p.m.

I hope its not true but i just got a text saying they found her in the woods near her home murdered.
rejecting a helping hand

Posted by A. l, St Martins - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:41 p.m.

I just back back from trying to help find this little girl, and they were sending A LOT of people home including me, they did not give us a reason why they were sending all these people that wanted to help, home. Could anyone explain why that is?
I have a daughter, and I would NOT reject anyone that wants to help find my child. I understand that there might be a lot of people in this little girls neighborhood (where the cell phone signal was found) that does not mean that people can't branch out past that and look. You find things where you least expect it, and from the way it sounds that is the only place they are looking. I am just so disappointed that they were telling people to go home.
Missing in Missouri

Posted by cindy d, california mo - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 2:39 p.m.[/b]

OMG .  I am sick right now.  I hope these people are wrong and it is just a rumour spread wild.  When I saw the picture of this girl it hit me hard as she looks so very similar to my daughter at that age. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »

The article that Klaas just posted, sure doesn't look good 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »

ST. MARTINS -- UPDATE: Thursday 3:04 pm:

Emergency officials on the scene tell KRCG that NO body has been found.

They say they are turning away volunteers only because they simply have too many.

The command post says that there are still volunteers searching the woods.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »

Damn.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »

Originally Posted by gypsyblue 
I found it extremely interesting that a particular RSO passes her home twice a day to work and back..... all within minutes from her home

rso barry millington

I am extrememly disturbed that this same individual works for a company that operates security video surveillance for schools.........      Just saw this on WS, disturbing.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2009, 04:23:31 PM »

I have friends in the area...I called one who's BIL works for the Sheriff's Dept. She said her sister called her an hour or so ago and asked her to go out to dinner as her husband called and said he will not be home tonight. He has been involved in the search. She said he never talks about his work...but said her sister said he sounded stressed out and angry. This isn't looking too good.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2009, 04:27:26 PM »

They say they are turning away volunteers only because they simply have too many.

Who is running that command post? I have a feeling whoever it is has never handled a big search before. Too many volunteers?  That is crazy. These are people who probably live in, or near the area and know it....damn!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

The picture that Klaas posted shows the searchers by a road sign that says 222 Lomo Drive (A) .  The command centre is at is set up at Xtreme Body & Paint (B) near her home.  She was last seen near the intersection of Rte D and interstate 50.  I am thinking that 222 Lomo Dr is the area that the friend lived and that she headed south towards xtreme body to get home.  There is a whole lot of woods between the two spots.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »

I found it extremely interesting that a particular RSO passes her home twice a day to work and back..... all within minutes from her home

rso barry millington

I am extrememly disturbed that this same individual works for a company that operates security video surveillance for schools.........      Just saw this on WS, disturbing.

WTH ... Are you kidding me?  I thought SO's we NOT supposed to be near schools let alone running their security cameras.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »

Who is running that command post? I have a feeling whoever it is has never handled a big search before. Too many volunteers?  That is crazy. These are people who probably live in, or near the area and know it....damn!!

Not sure who is running it but FBI was called in today.  I know what you mean about locals knowing it.  We have woods behind us and I walk the dog every day in those woods. I know when a new tree has fallen, when something has changed, when a rock has been moved etc.  because I am in them every day.  I can tell you where the fox holes are, where the owls live and where the deer like to eat in the morning. Locals know this better than anyone as they frequent the area. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »

I have friends in the area...I called one who's BIL works for the Sheriff's Dept. She said her sister called her an hour or so ago and asked her to go out to dinner as her husband called and said he will not be home tonight. He has been involved in the search. She said he never talks about his work...but said her sister said he sounded stressed out and angry. This isn't looking too good.
Thank-you, it doesn't look good for this little one 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2009, 04:38:23 PM »

rso barry millington

WTH ... Are you kidding me?  I thought SO's we NOT supposed to be near schools let alone running their security cameras.
    I know
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »

Roped off
Posted by Concerned Citizen, Missouri - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 3:29 p.m.

That is true about the roped off area. My friend is part of the search party and they told them to leave.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

Roped off
Posted by Concerned Citizen, Missouri - Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 3:29 p.m.

That is true about the roped off area. My friend is part of the search party and they told them to leave.

OMG
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2009, 04:48:38 PM »

National group sends out posters of missing Missouri girl

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is distributing posters to aid in locating Elizabeth K. Olten, the nine-year-old from Cole County who went missing Wednesday.

The poster describes Olten as a white female with brown hair and brown eyes, 5 feet 2 inches high, and 108 pounds.

She went missing from St. Martins, Mo. She was last seen wearing a pink sweater, jeans, and white shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Cole County Sheriff’s Office 1-573-634-9100 or the Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1 800 843-5678.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20091022/BREAKING01/91022042/National+group+sends+out+posters+of+missing+Missouri+girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.