April 27, 2024, 09:31:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543169 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: October 26, 2009, 07:05:25 PM »

Superintendent Mitchell doesn't think counsellors should be available at the High School where the POI attended and a teacher is not there today as he committed suicide?  Yet they did add the item to the agenda to discuss personnel.

Superintendent Mitchell is another idiot way over his head. WTH, they have a POI of a murder one charge, and a teacher that committed suicide, and they don't need counselors at the school? What planet is he on?

AND, there is buzz about ritualistic killing - no info from law enforcement, but they expect the citizens to believe that this is an isolated event?

they are screwing up, imo.

I have not run across the ritualistic killing buzz.  I may have to kick  my Google.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: October 26, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »

Missouri justice system "on the brink of collapse"

A new report said Missouri's Criminal Justice system is "on the brink of collapse" with public defenders overwhelmed with cases.

The Chief Justice of the Missouri Supreme Court said the system could be forced to free some inmates because of delayed trials.

A similar study was conducted in 2005, with similar results.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=368007
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1022 on: October 26, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »

Superintendent Mitchell doesn't think counsellors should be available at the High School where the POI attended and a teacher is not there today as he committed suicide?  Yet they did add the item to the agenda to discuss personnel.

Superintendent Mitchell is another idiot way over his head. WTH, they have a POI of a murder one charge, and a teacher that committed suicide, and they don't need counselors at the school? What planet is he on?

AND, there is buzz about ritualistic killing - no info from law enforcement, but they expect the citizens to believe that this is an isolated event?

I have not run across the ritualistic killing buzz.  I may have to kick  my Google.

it was in the article you posted just up north ^

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: October 26, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »

I saw the article but missed finding the buzz first hand.   
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1024 on: October 26, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

I saw the article but missed finding the buzz first hand.   

I wonder if the article writer is referring to that one post (somewhere, can't remember where) talking about stabbing, strangulation, post-mortem damage to the body?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2009, 07:22:50 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:19:21 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »

Northern, is this Elizabeth's house?  It's from the KRCG article you posted that mentioned the search warrant:

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367986

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »

ok, I clicked that picture, and not only did it make it bigger, but showed a caption:

"Police served a warrant at a neighbor's house just hours after finding the body of a 9-year-old Missouri girl."

this is not the house of the POI.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1028 on: October 26, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »

Is that picture taken at the start of the dirt road? That is not the white house.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1029 on: October 26, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »

ok, I clicked that picture, and not only did it make it bigger, but showed a caption:

"Police served a warrant at a neighbor's house just hours after finding the body of a 9-year-old Missouri girl."

I think that must be Elizabeth's house. Not the POI's. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1030 on: October 26, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »

I think that must be Elizabeth's house. Not the POI's. JMO

Yes that is Elizabeth's house.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1031 on: October 26, 2009, 08:22:26 PM »

Olten Murder Suspect Is A Girl
School officials met in closed session to discuss the death of Elizabeth Olten, 9.

We have new information tonight in the murder of nine year old Elizabeth Olten.

We've learned the suspect is a 15 year old girl and police served a search warrant to Olten's neighbor's house, just hours after finding the girl's body.  A person who lives in the area said the suspect lives at that house.

Court officials tell us a news conference is scheduled for Tuesday to discuss upcoming court appearances.  The hearings will determine if she will stay in custody and if she's going to be tried as an adult.

Jefferson City Public Schools also took action Monday with a special board meeting to address the recent tragedy.

The board immediately went into closed session, so we weren't allowed to listen to its conversations but in a brief interview afterwards the board said he had to be that way because its such a touchy subject.

The murder of Elizabeth Olten certainly grabbed this area's attention, but with so much information still unknown the rumor mill has really been turning.  The board said that's exactly why they wanted to meet.

Board President Doug Whitehead said, "We are very aware we have children to serve and that's one reason we wanted to talk today to make sure children and families understand the children are safe and that this is an isolated incident."

The board also talked about the changes to not only the victim's school, but all schools district wide.  Superintendent Brian Mitchell said, "We're providing additional counseling services trying to take care of all the needs of kids and families the best we can." 

We checked with Jefferson City Schools once the school day was over and spokesman David Luther said they didn't keep track of how many kids were coming in for counseling, but said they had plenty of people on hand to help.  He said they had councilors from all over the state offering to help if needed.

If children and family need extra counseling, the school district has made a list of resources.  We set up a link on our website just to the right of the story.

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15319&author=Greg%20Dingrando&category=City%20of%20Jefferson&franchise=&county=Cole&city=Jefferson%20City&partner=
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1032 on: October 26, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »

Olten Murder Suspect Is A Girl
School officials met in closed session to discuss the death of Elizabeth Olten, 9.

We have new information tonight in the murder of nine year old Elizabeth Olten.

We've learned the suspect is a 15 year old girl and police served a search warrant to Olten's neighbor's house, just hours after finding the girl's body.  A person who lives in the area said the suspect lives at that house.

Court officials tell us a news conference is scheduled for Tuesday to discuss upcoming court appearances.  The hearings will determine if she will stay in custody and if she's going to be tried as an adult.

Jefferson City Public Schools also took action Monday with a special board meeting to address the recent tragedy.

The board immediately went into closed session, so we weren't allowed to listen to its conversations but in a brief interview afterwards the board said he had to be that way because its such a touchy subject.

The murder of Elizabeth Olten certainly grabbed this area's attention, but with so much information still unknown the rumor mill has really been turning.  The board said that's exactly why they wanted to meet.

Board President Doug Whitehead said, "We are very aware we have children to serve and that's one reason we wanted to talk today to make sure children and families understand the children are safe and that this is an isolated incident."

The board also talked about the changes to not only the victim's school, but all schools district wide.  Superintendent Brian Mitchell said, "We're providing additional counseling services trying to take care of all the needs of kids and families the best we can." 

We checked with Jefferson City Schools once the school day was over and spokesman David Luther said they didn't keep track of how many kids were coming in for counseling, but said they had plenty of people on hand to help.  He said they had councilors from all over the state offering to help if needed.

If children and family need extra counseling, the school district has made a list of resources.  We set up a link on our website just to the right of the story.

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15319&author=Greg%20Dingrando&category=City%20of%20Jefferson&franchise=&county=Cole&city=Jefferson%20City&partner=

With 1st degree murder charges she should not be out on bail.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1033 on: October 26, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »

Warrant served on slain Mo. 9-year-old's neighbor

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Police served a warrant at a neighbor's house hours after finding the body of a missing 9-year-old girl in a heavily wooded area of central Missouri.

Records reviewed Monday show the Cole County Sheriff's Department served the warrant late Friday night just several homes south of where Elizabeth Olten lived in St. Martins. Police records do not indicate the type of warrant, and the department declined to elaborate Monday.

Authorities are seeking a first-degree murder charge against a 15-year-old who is in custody of the juvenile justice system, but police have not released the teen's name or gender and have provided few other details about the suspect.

A phone number registered to the house where the warrant was served was disconnected, and there was no answer at the door Monday.

Cole County Sheriff Greg White previously has said that the suspect lived in the same area as Elizabeth, which is just west of Jefferson City, and was acquainted with Elizabeth but not a relative.

Police say Elizabeth on Wednesday was to walk home from a friend's house that was about a quarter-mile away. After she was reported missing, several hundred people searched through soaking rain in a heavily wooded area near her home.

White said the 15-year-old on Friday led police to Elizabeth's body, which he said had been in the primary search area but was "very well concealed."

Police focused the search on a tract of woods after they were able to trace the general location of Elizabeth's cell phone. The phone's battery had died by Thursday morning. White said police found the phone near Elizabeth's body.

Cole County Juvenile Court Administrator Michael Couty said Monday that a hearing to determine whether the teen should be treated as an adult or juvenile is likely to occur within 30 days. Couty said that the suspect would undergo a background and psychological check.

Under Missouri law, children as young as 12 can be charged as adults with first-degree murder. But the case must start in the juvenile court system while a hearing is held on whether to transfer it to an adult court. Juvenile court records generally are closed under Missouri law unless a judge grants an exception.

http://www.bnd.com/336/story/981938.html#
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: October 26, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »

School Board Addresses Child's Death

JEFFERSON CITY - The Jefferson City School Board met Monday morning to create a plan to assure parents of students' safety within the district.

The board reported that counselors will be available in schools to help students cope with the loss.

It also released a statement assuring parents that Jefferson City schools are safe and that this tragic incident was isolated and did not happen on school property.

"We want to reassure our community that we're going to do whatever is necessary to take care of our students and their families through this time of grief," said board superintendent Brian Mitchell.

9-year-old Elizabeth Olten's body was found last Friday after she had been missing since Wednesday.

A 15-year-old suspect is in custody, but only a judge can determine whether the person will be tried as a juvenile or an adult. 

A press conference will be held tomorrow morning at the Michael Prenger Family Center to address the Olten case.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/927f0941-80ce-0971-004d-b63b3a72b87d
MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1035 on: October 26, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »

Is that picture taken at the start of the dirt road? That is not the white house.
Lomo Drive @ Bittersweet Way
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1036 on: October 26, 2009, 11:16:49 PM »

Morning (oops - Afternoon!) Monkey Friends -

Been following along with this and the other recent heartbreaking cases, but haven't jumped in yet . . . Couldn't help myself now, though.

I cannot believe that this teacher just up and decided to shoot himself at the same time that all of this was coming out about the 15 yr old suspect! WAAAAAAAY too suspicious, IMO - entirely too much so. Dollars to donuts there is something in this whole sick and sad situation that he couldn't live with . . . even if it's just that she was in his class & he knew something was wrong & didn't report it - SOMETHING pushed this guy over the edge. You all have mentioned that the "B" family is prominant in town . . . sounds as though this teacher was known by everyone too . . . coinkydink?

Hmmmm............... Something's rotten in St. Martin's, I'd speculate . . .

All JMHO, of course.

I totally smell the same thing.  Considering what he taught (english and journalism) and was head of I am wondering if our POI wrote a detailed story as an assignment that came true?  LE did say hand written notes were given to them by a 3rd juvenile which then lead them to the POI.  Could have been another student just as likely as one of her siblings.  JMO

Indeed, NorthernRose - we are thinking alike on this one. He knew something that could have prevented this murder . . . IMO. The writing assignment is precisely what I had been thinking, too - or at least something in that scope. SOMEHOW, he knew something. And he felt responsible for not acting on it.

Sounds like he was in his late 70's . . . hard for me to imagine a 'sordid relationship' with the teenage girl - LOL. But, I suppose one never knows . . . . Egads.  

If he was born in 1944, he was 66, and close to retirement.

I am a bit queasy about the teacher.  My husband was a teacher, and shot himself in the head just before school started two years ago.  He thought he had an incurable condition that would prevent him from teaching, and he just couldn't stand that.

In this case, the coincidence of the two tragic events seems difficult to accept.  Something may have been happening as you are suggesting, but I would need to have a bit more information so that I can stop feeling sick.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:20:07 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1037 on: October 26, 2009, 11:29:39 PM »

Morning (oops - Afternoon!) Monkey Friends -

Been following along with this and the other recent heartbreaking cases, but haven't jumped in yet . . . Couldn't help myself now, though.

I cannot believe that this teacher just up and decided to shoot himself at the same time that all of this was coming out about the 15 yr old suspect! WAAAAAAAY too suspicious, IMO - entirely too much so. Dollars to donuts there is something in this whole sick and sad situation that he couldn't live with . . . even if it's just that she was in his class & he knew something was wrong & didn't report it - SOMETHING pushed this guy over the edge. You all have mentioned that the "B" family is prominant in town . . . sounds as though this teacher was known by everyone too . . . coinkydink?

Hmmmm............... Something's rotten in St. Martin's, I'd speculate . . .

All JMHO, of course.

I totally smell the same thing.  Considering what he taught (english and journalism) and was head of I am wondering if our POI wrote a detailed story as an assignment that came true?  LE did say hand written notes were given to them by a 3rd juvenile which then lead them to the POI.  Could have been another student just as likely as one of her siblings.  JMO

Indeed, NorthernRose - we are thinking alike on this one. He knew something that could have prevented this murder . . . IMO. The writing assignment is precisely what I had been thinking, too - or at least something in that scope. SOMEHOW, he knew something. And he felt responsible for not acting on it.

Sounds like he was in his late 70's . . . hard for me to imagine a 'sordid relationship' with the teenage girl - LOL. But, I suppose one never knows . . . . Egads.  

If he was born in 1944, he was 66, and close to retirement.

I am a bit queasy about the teacher.  My husband was a teacher, and shot himself in the head just before school started two years ago.  He thought he had an incurable condition that would prevent him from teaching, and he just couldn't stand that.

In this case, the coincidence of the two tragic events seems difficult to accept.  Something may have been happening as you are suggesting, but I would need to have a bit more information so that I can stop feeling sick.
Janes I am sorry to hear about your husband. Just wanted to let you know that.  an angelic monkey JSM
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:20:38 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1038 on: October 26, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »

Thanks, JSM.  that's very kind of you.  I don't want to add to that rather long quote stack...

I guess I'm just trying to say that the teacher's suicide might be unrelated...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: October 26, 2009, 11:47:25 PM »

Thanks, JSM.  that's very kind of you.  I don't want to add to that rather long quote stack...

I guess I'm just trying to say that the teacher's suicide might be unrelated...

I'm sorry too Jane

Yes, very likely unrelated unless for some reason he feels he failed with the 15yr old girl suspect.

From what I've read about the girl (if indeed it's her) she is very bright, or was in elementary school anyway. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.