April 27, 2024, 10:01:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543233 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1200 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:07 PM »

I am disappointed in the local media that not one has an update of the funeral visitation tonight which was open to the public.  They have no live feeds of the pressers and none have an update.  I hope national media are there for the funeral tomorrow as this is just not working well relying on the local media.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: October 27, 2009, 09:24:58 PM »

Additional Counselors Help Olten's Classmates Cope

School counselors are on hand to help students in Central Missouri after a girl was found dead.

The body of nine-year-old Elizabeth Olten was discovered in Cole County Friday.

She had been missing since Wednesday afternoon.

A fifteen-year-old was charged with her death over the weekend.

Additional counselors have been called in to help Olten's classmates cope.

"At the elementary level, there may be one or two additional  counselors who would be called upon. You know, we're very careful about how we  handle this and make sure we're age-appropriate," said David Luther of the Jefferson City School District.

Officials haven't released many details about the case.

They would only say that the suspect somehow knew Olten and lead them to her body.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=199711

What about the highschool students Mr.  Luther???????
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1202 on: October 27, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »

WELCOME Benson   

NORTHERN ROSE? I have gone back several pages and I haven't seen BENSON. I know we are both sick, but are you delirious, or am I? 

But anyhow, WELCOME BENSON. 

Benson was sitting in the rafters so I welcomed them. But I may have scared them.  Delirium is a definite option as well.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: October 27, 2009, 09:29:40 PM »

School counselors are on hand to help students in Central Missouri after a girl was found dead.

"At the elementary level, there may be one or two additional  counselors who would be called upon. You know, we're very careful about how we  handle this and make sure we're age-appropriate," said David Luther of the Jefferson City School District.

They would only say that the suspect somehow knew Olten and lead them to her body.

Oh, then they would have to admit that they know who the perp is! 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1204 on: October 27, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »

"At the elementary level, there may be one or two additional counselors who would be called upon. You know, we're very careful about how we  handle this and make sure we're age-appropriate," said David Luther of the Jefferson City School District.

Oh, then they would have to admit that they know who the perp is! 

So true.  They sure seem to be in full bore CYA mode. Their statement was so odd that yesterday.  Almost like they had previous incidents and wanted to assure everyone that THIS one did not happen on school property.
jme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1205 on: October 27, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »

Can I get an explanation as to why Nancy Grace should be covering this, or anything for that matter?

I'm not here to start drama.  I'm curious.

I live in Jeff City and I certainly did not know half of what I know now after reading some of the things I've been reading on the internet.  Elizabeth's body has been found, she isn't missing anymore.  NONE of you have anything but speculation and frankly it is just not anyone's place to be so involved in the investigation.

This is not just a news story, it's reality for a bunch of kids, their parents - a real community.  I personally do not want to know the details of her murder.  I could care less who did it so long as he/she/IT is found, convicted and sentenced; but finding out who the 'POI' is seems like a game for some people -why?

It seems that people like Nancy Grace feed the fire and fuel off of tragedy. She makes it dramatic for her ratings.  She wants fame so she can have a profit.. It is sad. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: October 27, 2009, 09:48:01 PM »

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1207 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »

Can I get an explanation as to why Nancy Grace should be covering this, or anything for that matter?

I live in Jeff City and I certainly did not know half of what I know now after reading some of the things I've been reading on the internet.  Elizabeth's body has been found, she isn't missing anymore.  NONE of you have anything but speculation and frankly it is just not anyone's place to be so involved in the investigation.

This is not just a news story, it's reality for a bunch of kids, their parents - a real community.  I personally do not want to know the details of her murder.  I could care less who did it so long as he/she/IT is found, convicted and sentenced; but finding out who the 'POI' is seems like a game for some people -why?

It seems that people like Nancy Grace feed the fire and fuel off of tragedy. She makes it dramatic for her ratings.  She wants fame so she can have a profit.. It is sad. 

Welcome JME. And your point is?????? Why are you here??

jme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1208 on: October 27, 2009, 09:52:40 PM »

Thank you for the kind welcome.  I think I made my point very clear, I am here to ask why someone in a totally different part of the state/country etc., would spend so much time questioning our local law enforcement. 

I realize some of you are from around here too, and I am really not trying to throw stones.  What I am having a hard time with is why no one trusts the people who are trained to do their job - to do the job? 

I was under the impression this was a discussion board, I just wanted to discuss that part of this case. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1209 on: October 27, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »

Why on earth would you join a missing persons forum with your belief?  Sounds to me like you joined simply to tell us not to talk about the case.  I don't care for Nancy Grace myself but this case does belong in the news.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: October 27, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »

Thank you for the kind welcome.  I think I made my point very clear, I am here to ask why someone in a totally different part of the state/country etc., would spend so much time questioning our local law enforcement. 

I realize some of you are from around here too, and I am really not trying to throw stones.  What I am having a hard time with is why no one trusts the people who are trained to do their job - to do the job? 

I was under the impression this was a discussion board, I just wanted to discuss that part of this case. 

What part of the case do you think is ok to discuss?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: October 27, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »

JME - I'll ask you again.  Why is it bothering you what other people do with their time?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: October 27, 2009, 09:56:26 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys, JME.  That's quite a first post you have there....   You must have requested membership to be posting here.  Did you read here before requesting membership?  If you did, then all what you have remarked about in your post shouldn't be a surprise.  If you came here to discuss the case, that's great.  But if you came here to just trash talk me and my fellow posters, you may want to rethink about your posting. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1213 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »

Frankly I wish someone besides Nancy Grace or Jane Velez Mitchell talked about these cases. Greta used to do some fine coverage. But we have to get our new via the internet, and when the local media won't cover it, that is where we have to go.

jme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1214 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »

Why on earth would you join a missing persons forum with your belief?  Sounds to me like you joined simply to tell us not to talk about the case.  I don't care for Nancy Grace myself but this case does belong in the news.

No, talk all you want, I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't care.  I'm just curious, what part of this case do you think belongs in news outside of our community - and why? 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: October 27, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »

No, talk all you want, I wouldn't waste my time if I didn't care.  I'm just curious, what part of this case do you think belongs in news outside of our community - and why? 

Are you writing a book 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1216 on: October 27, 2009, 09:59:09 PM »

Welcome to Scared Monkeys, JME.  That's quite a first post you have there....   You must have requested membership to be posting here.  Did you read here before requesting membership?  If you did, then all what you have remarked about in your post shouldn't be a surprise.  If you came here to discuss the case, that's great.  But if you came here to just trash talk me and my fellow posters, you may want to rethink about your posting. 

Thank you for the welcome, you guys are so friendly.  I do my thinking before I post, but I appreciate the warning.  I'm not here to trash talk, I'm here to discuss.  I'm an adult, I can handle discussion.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1217 on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »

UPDATE: Hearing set for teen accused of killing Missouri girl

JEFFERSON CITY —A hearing scheduled Wednesday for the mid-Missouri teen accused of killing 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten will be closed to the public.

Judge Jon Beetem decided to close the hearing, which is being held to determine if the 15-year-old suspect should continue to be detained.

Michael Couty, Cole County juvenile court administrator, said Tuesday the 15-year-old would appear by videoconference.

Another hearing is scheduled for Nov. 18 to determine whether the teen should be tried as an adult.

Police have not released the suspect's name or gender but say Elizabeth and the 15-year-old lived in the same area and were acquainted. Hundreds of people searched a woody area in St. Martins after Elizabeth did not return home from a friend's house. Her body was discovered Friday.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2009/10/27/update-hearing-set-teen-accused-killing-9-year-old-missouri-girl/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: October 27, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »

Anytime a child/person is murdered it belongs in the news.  We learn from each case.  hiding what happens helps nobody.  In this case we have a child (15yr old) murdering a child.  YES, it belongs in the news and we need to find out how we can stop something like this from happening.  Were there signs?  From accounts by locals, there were signs that people didn't act on.  Maybe Elizabeth could have been saved. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1219 on: October 27, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »

Good call/catch Muffy 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.