April 28, 2024, 03:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543262 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1600 on: October 28, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »

**snipped**
The girl's defense attorney argued the hearing should be closed to protect teen's identity.  "There's no way this juvenile will get a fair trial in this city, county, state. I don't know where my client will get a fair trial once this name is released and the facts of the case are released," said defense attorney Kurt Valentine.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=199971
Maybe his client should plead guilty. JMO.

Interesting how much the defense attorney and the troll from last night *sound alike*.  Heh. 

The one from last night went into WS with a different name, but didn't last long there.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1601 on: October 28, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »

Suspect to remain in custody.

The judge rules the suspect in the Elizabeth Olten murder will remain in custody. Officials then argued whether future proceedings should be closed to the public. The suspect's defense attorney said making it public would not be beneficial to anybody. He said it would make it impossible to have a fair trial and the info would be harmful to the public. The prosecution said the court is bound by law to allow access. It also said its a bench trial so getting the word out wouldn't matter.  Posted by Curtis Varns

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15332&author=Matt%20LeBlanc&category=Court%20Ruling&franchise=&county=Cole&city=68&partner=
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1602 on: October 28, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »

What is the big deal about the girls name since it is already out?  I mean how hard is it to see who never came back to school after Friday? The evidence appears to be pretty clear, now why is it again that the accused has more rights than the victim?  Oh yeah ... She is dead.      I am so tired of this "suspect" being so protected.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1603 on: October 28, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
IMO jme has changed her nic but left a clue.    She is all over the article boards with the new nic today.  

For a while there I thought she was Mrs Sheriff White.  

Sorry for the O/T

but Fanny, you may wanna head to the JSM, CC's at it again................

Thanks. He's so in trouble.....
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:06:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1604 on: October 28, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »

The judge rules the suspect in the Elizabeth Olten murder will remain in custody. Officials then argued whether future proceedings should be closed to the public. The suspect's defense attorney said making it public would not be beneficial to anybody. He said it would make it impossible to have a fair trial and the info would be harmful to the public. The prosecution said the court is bound by law to allow access. It also said its a bench trial so getting the word out wouldn't matter.  Posted by Curtis Varns

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15332&author=Matt%20LeBlanc&category=Court%20Ruling&franchise=&county=Cole&city=68&partner=

I am so thankful that the defense attorney is trying to keep the public safe from information when they could not keep one 9 year old girl safe.   
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: October 28, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »

I am so thankful that the defense attorney is trying to keep the public safe from information when they could not keep one 9 year old girl safe.   

I have just sat here with my mouth open trying to figure out what his rationale is for keeping the public safe from information??? What kind of double speak is this??? 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1606 on: October 28, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »

I have just sat here with my mouth open trying to figure out what his rationale is for keeping the public safe from information??? What kind of double speak is this??? 

I just dont see how the Perp's name coming out is going to hurt her and the case?? she did and adult crime treat her like the adult she's acting like...what is going to change knowing her name, or info about the crime. All that is left now is to learn from this, how can we learn what we cant know??
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1607 on: October 28, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:06:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1608 on: October 28, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »

Hi monks,
Been sitting here putting together the rumors all over the net, and am wondering IF..

IF it may turn out to be true, or not... that there possibly was a grave predug, that possibly AB had help, that possibly she/they lured Elizabeth to the area of the predug grave by grabbing her cell phone and running there.. with Elizabeth following to get her cell phone back.  IF it's possible that AB wrote this stuff down earlier on, perhaps as an essay in a journal or diary at school, as an assignment.  IF it's possible that the teacher who killed himself on Monday was actually a journalism teacher, did he make that assignment, read what AB had written and did not take it seriously or report it.  IF it's possible that this happened and he felt somehow responsible for not preventing a death, hence his suicide.  (not saying that *I* am blaming him, am saying that perhaps HE blamed himself).  IF that's true, could be why the school board seems to have felt it necessary to call that meeting on Monday, then spend such an effort trying to convince the world that "school" had nothing to do with the death of Elizabeth. 

IF any/all of the above is true.... then errmmm.. yeah..  IMO, "school" (in the collective sense) had everything to do with her death, no matter that it didn't happen there.  She spent the greater majority of her day in school, 5 days a week, Lord only knows what she went thru each day, what with possible bullies and all.  And then IF it's true about the teacher, the journal/diary, the suicide..   

There are reasons why LE is trying SO damn hard to keep things quiet in this case.  I wonder if they realize that just makes the whole world sit up and pay closer attention, determined to learn even more about what LE doesn't want said.

I honestly believe that it is going to get more ugly as the facts dwindle out.  And they are.  Already, AB's first name has been posted in one of those comment sections.  LE may as well just give the basic facts as they can, considering she's a minor, and that will lay at least some of the rumors to rest. 

All IMO, and speculation...

I have not been able to put Lindsay Baum out of my mind for the past few days. I am seeing so many parallels and I don't think we even thought about school administrations when she came up missing. I know school was not in session at the time, but really it is a tremendous part of a child's life. And now we see not only them, but everyone else connected to the LE and the city and county skittering around trying to CYA. Just my thoughts.

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1609 on: October 28, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »

Once again ... its not too hard to figure out which kid didnt come back to school after Friday.  I think once it is "legally" ok to say, the name will not be such a big deal, especially if she is tried as an adult.  (As she should be ...IMO)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1610 on: October 28, 2009, 05:43:23 PM »

Once again ... its not too hard to figure out which kid didnt come back to school after Friday.  I think once it is "legally" ok to say, the name will not be such a big deal, especially if she is tried as an adult.  (As she should be ...IMO)

God forgive me, but I think it is more to protect the foster parents (Grandmother and poss Grandfather) than it is to protect her as a juvenile. That is my gut feeling. They are protecting that family just like the families of the Columbine killers. I am not trying to crucify them, but to just run and hide seems so irresponsible. And to leave these teenagers in high school that are having to live this with no guidance and blow in the wind is reprehensible. There is real pain in those posts in the comment sections and in the MySpaces. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1611 on: October 28, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »

Some great photos of Elizabeth with her family:

http://elizabetholten.ning.com/photo/photo/list?page=1
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1612 on: October 28, 2009, 05:57:33 PM »

My son and I were just talking about Jugallo's etc and he said he had to show me something... I am sitting here in shock, I am sick to my stomach at the video he showed me. The "MOTHER" helped these girls with this video. WTH is wrong with her. I am sorry,we see all this and wonder why,how,WHY and then my son shows me a video like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiKl3cT2n0

WARNING, the language in the song has much to be desired,it is filthy language.. but this mother needs to examine her parenting style JMO.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1613 on: October 28, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »

The above with what the defense attorney says, plus the following:

<snipped from article>

Kurt Valentine, the teen's lawyer, said Elizabeth's death has put Jefferson City in "turmoil" and that opening the hearing could hamper the chances for a fair trial.

"There's been a lot of speculation, but now we will have in giant headlines my client's name," Valentine said.

"There is no way in the world that could possibly be in the best interest of this particular juvenile."

<more in article at:>

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-missing-olten,0,3875972.story

I just don't get it!     WHAT is so unique to "this particular juvenile" that so much needs to be kept so frigging secret, and has what seems all of Jeff City scampering to CYA!  IMO, this is far above and beyond what is typically done with juvenile suspects.  That alone is what is making me nuts, not who the suspect is, but WHY and WHAT is so terribly awful that the world must not know??? 

Is it political? 

I'm with you, Fanny.  This seems to be more about protecting the suspect's family members than about protecting the rights of a juvenile, blah blah blah.  Where was any concern shown for Elizabeth and family? 

IMO, it doesn't MATTER who this juvenile is, who their family members may be, who the teachers may be or might have been.  If any of them are "prominent" in society or not, I don't really care.  The juvenile supposedly led LE to Elizabeth's body, and supposedly there was enough physical evidence that led them to an immediate knowledge of what happened. Enough to press charges of 1st degree murder.  What matters IMO is that swift justice be brought for Elizabeth and HER family.  Period.  No MATTER who or what this juvenile/family is or isn't. 

If anyone, IMO, what LE has/hasn't made public, defense attorney making such statements as the above, along with those scurrying around trying to cover their asses, is some of the main reasons that folks are becoming so upset.  Almost as if they are *trying* to make this into something it wasn't, to begin with.  Then are they going to turn around and blame the bloggers, etc when it seems they themselves brought it on? 

Again, IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1614 on: October 28, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »

My son and I were just talking about Jugallo's etc and he said he had to show me something... I am sitting here in shock, I am sick to my stomach at the video he showed me. The "MOTHER" helped these girls with this video. WTH is wrong with her. I am sorry,we see all this and wonder why,how,WHY and then my son shows me a video like this?

WARNING, the language in the song has much to be desired,it is filthy language.. but this mother needs to examine her parenting style JMO.

UGH! I am beginning to think this generation doesn't have a chance. 

espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1615 on: October 28, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=369109

There are some photos of the horse drawn casket carrying Elizabeth. Really, really sad.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1616 on: October 28, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »

Some great photos of Elizabeth with her family:

http://elizabetholten.ning.com/photo/photo/list?page=1

Thank you KLAAS. THIS is the juvenile that needed to be protected. Sweet, beautiful Liz.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1617 on: October 28, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=369109

There are some photos of the horse drawn casket carrying Elizabeth. Really, really sad.

Thank you ESPRESSO. This is just so sad. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1618 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »

I was talking to my son about this, and it was a new one to him. He is pretty "up" on all these different things, even though he is older. Why a mom would even think this would be ok, I cannot fathom.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1619 on: October 28, 2009, 06:38:05 PM »

I was talking to my son about this, and it was a new one to him. He is pretty "up" on all these different things, even though he is older. Why a mom would even think this would be ok, I cannot fathom.

....and to think I thought Toddlers and Tiaras was bad.       
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.