April 27, 2024, 11:09:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543238 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1620 on: October 28, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

My son and I were just talking about Jugallo's etc and he said he had to show me something... I am sitting here in shock, I am sick to my stomach at the video he showed me. The "MOTHER" helped these girls with this video. WTH is wrong with her. I am sorry,we see all this and wonder why,how,WHY and then my son shows me a video like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiKl3cT2n0

WARNING, the language in the song has much to be desired,it is filthy language.. but this mother needs to examine her parenting style JMO.

I was talking to my son about this, and it was a new one to him. He is pretty "up" on all these different things, even though he is older. Why a mom would even think this would be ok, I cannot fathom.

Did you see the type of comments being made about her daughters? WTH is wrong with her. IMO SHE is exploiting her daughters. 

THIS is part of the problem if you ask me. My children were friends with a girl who's mother smoked pot with her girls, 13 and 15 years old. When the 13 year old was caught in a trailer park down the road doing a "train" I put my foot down, they were NOT to associate with those girls AT all, I had told them prior but they were sneaking to see her.. well, her mother said I was a bad mother because I was to strict on my children.. Hello, mine did not steal my car or any other car at age 13 and almost kill a family in a car they hit at a high rate of speed, mine were not doing trains at 13 in front yards and mine were not cutting school to smoke dope every day.. WTH is wrong with some parents today.          

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1621 on: October 28, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »

Mourners remember Elizabeth Olten

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A 9-year-old Missouri girl found slain last week is being remembered at her funeral as a "precious little girl" who gave to friends and family.

Elizabeth Olten disappeared the evening of Oct. 21 during a short walk home from a friend's house in St. Martins, just outside Jefferson City. Her funeral was held Wednesday at a Jefferson City church, with the casket later taken to a cemetery by horse-drawn carriage.

Some at the funeral wore pink shirts in honor of Elizabeth's favorite color.

A 15-year-old described as an acquaintance of Elizabeth has been charged with first-degree murder. At a hearing Wednesday, a judge ordered that the teen remain in juvenile custody pending a decision on moving the case to adult court.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=369109

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1622 on: October 28, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »

Mourners remember Elizabeth Olten

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A 9-year-old Missouri girl found slain last week is being remembered at her funeral as a "precious little girl" who gave to friends and family.

Elizabeth Olten disappeared the evening of Oct. 21 during a short walk home from a friend's house in St. Martins, just outside Jefferson City. Her funeral was held Wednesday at a Jefferson City church, with the casket later taken to a cemetery by horse-drawn carriage.

Some at the funeral wore pink shirts in honor of Elizabeth's favorite color.

A 15-year-old described as an acquaintance of Elizabeth has been charged with first-degree murder. At a hearing Wednesday, a judge ordered that the teen remain in juvenile custody pending a decision on moving the case to adult court.

Thanks NR.  So sad.
All the ppl. that say that these types of things have always happened but we're just more aware of them due to the web and global news and all, I think are wrong. Abduction after abduction, murder after murder, abuse right and left has escalated out of control. When I was cleaning out my mother's massive stockpile of news papers some as far back as the late 1800's, I read lots of them. There wasn't any of this stuff. it was real news if somebody stole a chicken or a wallet, big, big news if somebody was a peeping tom.
There is some kind of tear in our society's fabric.   Sorry to be such a debbie downer but I'm so tired of seeing these funerals
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1623 on: October 28, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »

My son and I were just talking about Jugallo's etc and he said he had to show me something... I am sitting here in shock, I am sick to my stomach at the video he showed me. The "MOTHER" helped these girls with this video. WTH is wrong with her. I am sorry,we see all this and wonder why,how,WHY and then my son shows me a video like this?

WARNING, the language in the song has much to be desired,it is filthy language.. but this mother needs to examine her parenting style JMO.

UGH! I am beginning to think this generation doesn't have a chance. 
  Fanny, I just watched that video and I am so thankful to God my nephew listens to old music like Bob Dylan and not this crap. I can't imagine a mother letting her daughters listen to this, much less make a video of them and posting it on youtube. JMO JSM

BTL

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1624 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »

Fanny, I just watched that video and I am so thankful to God my nephew listens to old music like Bob Dylan and not this crap. I can't imagine a mother letting her daughters listen to this, much less make a video of them and posting it on youtube. JMO JSM

BTL

JSM and Fanny, my son is 16 and found that video to be inappropriate and was disgusted by a 'mom' videoing her daughters like that.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1625 on: October 28, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »

I was talking to my son about this, and it was a new one to him. He is pretty "up" on all these different things, even though he is older. Why a mom would even think this would be ok, I cannot fathom.

Did you see the type of comments being made about her daughters? WTH is wrong with her. IMO SHE is exploiting her daughters. 

THIS is part of the problem if you ask me. My children were friends with a girl who's mother smoked pot with her girls, 13 and 15 years old. When the 13 year old was caught in a trailer park down the road doing a "train" I put my foot down, they were NOT to associate with those girls AT all, I had told them prior but they were sneaking to see her.. well, her mother said I was a bad mother because I was to strict on my children.. Hello, mine did not steal my car or any other car at age 13 and almost kill a family in a car they hit at a high rate of speed, mine were not doing trains at 13 in front yards and mine were not cutting school to smoke dope every day.. WTH is wrong with some parents today.          
Searching, IDK what is wrong with some parents, but you are a good one for putting your foot down and keeping yours from associating with those girls you are talking about. Also,    That youtube just about did me in, I am still shocked about that one.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1626 on: October 28, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »

OH My!  I know those girls and that mom!!!! Just kidding--thought we could use a little laughter about now.

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1627 on: October 28, 2009, 07:07:26 PM »

BTL

JSM and Fanny, my son is 16 and found that video to be inappropriate and was disgusted by a 'mom' videoing her daughters like that.
ITA with your son searching very inappropriate and I am glad your son thinks so too. The comments on the youtube creeped me out too. Also, I had never heard of ICP until today. I asked a girl at work about them, she said they were big when she was in Jr high, but she didn't listen to them. She is youngish with a daughter. I think I will show her this youtube tomorrow and see what her thoughts are on the mom letting her girls do this vid. I have a feeling she will have the same thoughts we have.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1628 on: October 28, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »

OH My!  I know those girls and that mom!!!! Just kidding--thought we could use a little laughter about now.

I know you were joking, but the bad thing is somebody really does know this mother and those children. I wonder how many of them know about this, and if they feel the same way the mom does? Gosh, my mama would have had me by the throat and my mouth washed out with real soap if I ever said even one of those words those girls were saying. Them my grandmama would have a go at me. My girls and I used to dance around the living room to music and we thought we were cool. But there was nothing near to that! I am still in shock, and I thought I was unshockable... I have learned in my later years that I am not. I was stunned with the Balloon Boys "Pu**ified" rap song too. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1629 on: October 28, 2009, 07:37:48 PM »

Elizabeth Olten Case: 15-Year-Old Girl Kills 9-Year-Old Girl, Police Suspect
<snipped>

According to ABC News, the suspect's attorney, Kurt Valentine, said, "It will be the judge's obligation to look at the individual and look at her, excuse me, look at the juvenile's circumstances."

Valentine also said, "I would ask that they wait, that they listen to the facts as they come out and not judge quickly. Learn about this person, learn about this child. You're dealing with a child."

The 15-year-old who killed or caused the death of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, according to her lawyer, has extenuating "circumstances." Barring the 15-year-old being mentally challenged to the point of not knowing right from wrong, however, it would be difficult to see what kind of "circumstances" could exist that would not have the judge render the decision to have the girl tried as an adult. That the 15-year-old suspect had the wherewithal to secrete the body in the woods implies mental presence of knowledge of right and wrong, which means that Valentine might be looking toward a non-nurturing environment as a defense for his client.

And his reference to the girl as a "child" is manipulative, not factual. Fifteen years places a person developmentally in the stages of adolescence and young adulthood. The judge will no doubt order a psychiatric evaluation to determine the suspect's soundness of mind, temperament, and mental capacity.

But where to draw the line? Not knowing the circumstances of Elizabeth Olten's death or the manner in which she died, it is difficult to determine how the judge might proceed. And the decisions that the judge will make cannot be simple, either. A girl's future hangs in the balance. Questions need to be answered. How was the crime committed? What were the circumstances? How should matters proceed for an adjudication to be effectively rendered? How does one protect the rights of the individual? Does society need to be protected from the suspect?

In short, how does one find justice for the death of a 9-year-old girl?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2333070/elizabeth_olten_case_15yearold_girl_pg2_pg2.html?cat=17
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1630 on: October 28, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »

Teen Girl Charged in 9-Year-Old's Murder

Video

Elizabeth was playing with the suspects sister and after Elizabeth left the suspect called Elizabeth and told her to come back.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/teen-girl-charged-year-olds-murder/Story?id=8931780&page=1
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1631 on: October 28, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

Teen Girl Charged in 9-Year-Old's Murder

Video

Elizabeth was playing with the suspects sister and after Elizabeth left the suspect called Elizabeth and told her to come back.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/teen-girl-charged-year-olds-murder/Story?id=8931780&page=1

You know, I guess I am just hard hearted where it comes to this, but I really don't care what the 15 year old's story is. I simply do not care! If she had lashed out at the adults in her life that had caused her misery, I might could cut her a break. But I cannot think of a scenario where this girl killing a NINE YEAR OLD could be excused, even if she had a brain tumor.

She led the LE to Liz's body. I am sure whatever shape her body was in was awful. If she planned it, and then followed through, I don't care what a pitiful life she might have had. I don't care. I will never care. What I do care about is how Liz must have suffered out in the dirt and the rain and the cold.

What I do care about is the grieving family she left behind. What I do care about is the children and teens who are suffering because of adult stupidity and selfishness. What I do care about is what child is living and breathing tonight and just wants to grow up and have fun, and may tomorrow be the next victim of some horrible circumstance, and another family will be in grief. That is what I care about. I could give a snit about the rights of a poor 15 yr old girl that murdered a nine year old.

And I say to the foster family, come out from your hiding place. Come out and say how sorry you feel. Come out and say that you wish this wouldn't have happened and your heart is broken. Go hug her mother and her siblings. And for the love of God Jefferson City, do something about the problem that seems to be festering there! JMODO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1632 on: October 28, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »

I don't get this, both of my daughters enjoy the Twilight series, and the movie, in fact the youngest is seeing a special screening of the new Twilight movie at Midnight. From what I've read of them, the books seem very mild, I'm real confused that violence would spring from this 

Am I confusing my facts, but didn't Lindsay Baum also read the Twilight series? 

she and several million others.  I bet they read "Where the Wild Things Are," too, back in the day.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1633 on: October 28, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »

Elizabeth Olten laid to rest

The Capital City came together Wednesday to say goodbye to little Elizabeth Olten. Olten was remembered by family and friends at a funeral service at Concord Baptist Church.

Afterwards her pink casket was carried by a horse drawn carraige to a nearby cemetary for burial.

It was a goodbye that came too soon for the hundreds of family, friends and even those who didn't even know little Elizabeth.

She's remembered as a little girl who loved Hannah Montana and Taylor Swift, dressing up her animals and baking cookies with her mom.

Jefferson City resident Linda Crawley was one of the dozens who stood near the cemetary's entrence to pay her respects to the family.

"My heart breaks for them and I just feel any kind of support shown to them is very important,” said Crawley. “They need their community around them and to support them in their time of need."

Mekeda Rosenberg also did not know the family, but felt compelled to drive in from California, Mo to attend.

"I just come out here to show my support,” said Rosenberg. “I got a four year old niece and I know if this were to happen to her I'd want the whole world to be here and grieve with the family."

As the crowd prayed, some hugged and held each other, in disbelief that their little girl won't be coming home again.

After the graveside service, pink balloons floated up into the sky; a fitting goodbye for a girl who everyone says has a special place in heaven.

*While the funeral was private, KRCG had permission from the Olten family to be present at the funeral.

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1634 on: October 28, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »

I don't get this, both of my daughters enjoy the Twilight series, and the movie, in fact the youngest is seeing a special screening of the new Twilight movie at Midnight. From what I've read of them, the books seem very mild, I'm real confused that violence would spring from this 

It's not a Girl Scout function is it?  They are doing a Twilight and Planet 51 Lock in at our local movie theatre for the Girl Scouts.  Just interested to see if other Service Units are doing the same thing.  I have read the first book and seen the movie.  I allowed my son to read it.  I didn't find anything inappropriate.  There is even a scene where "Bella" almost gets assaulted by some men when she is walking alone at night.  A good lesson for teens/preteens to learn imo.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1635 on: October 28, 2009, 08:38:52 PM »

Olten's Online Memorial
Video as well

COLUMBIA - A Facebook page helps friends and family remember Elizabeth Olten.

The Facebook page "Help Find Elizabeth Olten" was once a place volunteers could go to learn about the search for the missing 9-year-old. With news of the girl's death, the site became a memorial.

The page was established by family friend Kelly Adrian. Adrian said he felt helpless at school in Florida and wanted to help. He said his hometown's response surprised him.

"Seeing the community go together back home in Jefferson City, being able to pull all that together, that makes me proud of where I'm from," Adrian said.

Adrian posted updates he found from different media sources on the site to keep family and friends concerned. Adrian said his friends in Florida also followed the news and were amazed at the response. After the news of her death, Adrian said the page became even more important. He said he thinks giving people a place to mourn and share memories is important, especially for people who may not have known her well. He said the site helped him heal in his grieving process.

Though Olten was not old enough to have a Facebook profile, Adrian thinks Facebook's new ability to preserve profiles in memory of those who pass away is a good thing. He said he's had friends die and looking at their old pictures or comments is comforting.

That was the idea behind Max Kelly's push for the memorialized profiles. A little over four years ago, right after Kelly began working for Facebook, a good friend and fellow Facebook employee passed away. In a note published Monday to Facebook users , Kelly explained his experiences.

"When someone leaves us, it doesn't mean they leave our memories or our social network," he wrote.

Lissa Behm-Morawitz is a researcher and associate professor with the Communications Department at the University of Missouri. She said the Internet is a logical tool to aid the mourning process. "With the Internet, you can reach a larger group of people and in an interactive way. People can participate in the grieving conversation," she said.

Adrian said he plans to continue the site to remember Olten and help her family heal.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/9c5d49f4-80ce-0971-0156-f085295517d9
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1636 on: October 28, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »

It's not a Girl Scout function is it?  They are doing a Twilight and Planet 51 Lock in at our local movie theatre for the Girl Scouts.  Just interested to see if other Service Units are doing the same thing.  I have read the first book and seen the movie.  I allowed my son to read it.  I didn't find anything inappropriate.  There is even a scene where "Bella" almost gets assaulted by some men when she is walking alone at night.  A good lesson for teens/preteens to learn imo.
No, my daughter is 23 and her best friend's husband works for a movie chain, it is some special showing of the new movie tonight at midnight.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1637 on: October 28, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:08:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1638 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »

Isn't this a school night?

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1639 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »

Isn't this a school night?

Lol! yea my mind skipped over the fact that she meant tonight midnight.  Ours will be on a Friday at midnight.  Sry, for the confusion.  And in no way, shape, or form would my kids be going to a midnight movie on a school night.  I know some parents who are letting thier kids skip school tomorrow to go see the Micheal Jackson movie and you won't see my kids doing that with my knowledge either.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.