April 27, 2024, 10:37:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543179 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1680 on: October 29, 2009, 09:48:14 AM »

What a beautiful carriage, RIP Elizabeth.   As far as the suspect goes, I frankly don't care where they lock her up at, but wherever they lock her up at throw the key away. I don't buy nor go along with rehabilitation, rehabilitation may work for somethings, it don't work for cold blooded murderers, I will never believe that. These so called therapists that think they can rehabilitate people like this, really need a new line of work, I think they are crazier sometimes then their patients, all my opinion, and I will never change my opinion on this.
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1681 on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:39 AM »

What a beautiful carriage, RIP Elizabeth.   As far as the suspect goes, I frankly don't care where they lock her up at, but wherever they lock her up at throw the key away. I don't buy nor go along with rehabilitation, rehabilitation may work for somethings, it don't work for cold blooded murderers, I will never believe that. These so called therapists that think they can rehabilitate people like this, really need a new line of work, I think they are crazier sometimes then their patients, all my opinion, and I will never change my opinion on this.

I think the juvenile system was set up for crimes such as shoplifting, where they didn't want to throw kids (as fresh meat, as it were) into adult prisons.  I think a kid busted for shoplifting can benefit from counselling to point out ways to stop making poor choices, etc.  However, cold-blooded murder is beyond the scope of such facilities, and most people recognize that, which is why there is the option for kids to be tried as adults when accused of horrific crimes.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1682 on: October 29, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:10:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1683 on: October 29, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »

Jefferson City school district calls in grief counselors

JEFFERSON CITY -- It has been an especially difficult week for Jefferson City students.

Elizabeth Olten was a student at Pioneer Trails Elementary and the 15-year-old suspect is a student at Jefferson City high school.

Tragically, this week students also learned of the apparent suicide of high school teacher Bill Currie.

The district called in extra counselors this week. Local mental health experts say it's important to recognize the signs your child is having difficulty dealing with the recent news. They emphasize that comments about self-harm and suicide should be taken seriously.

"Just notice if there's any changes in the child's mood, any changes in behavior, things like that in the short run,” said St. Mary’s psychologist Dr. Joseph McCormick.

Last night, a remembrance service was held for Currie.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=369335
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1684 on: October 29, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »

Neighbors say Elizabeth’s friends’ home was searched – is there a connection to the killer?

We’re learning more about the 15 year old suspect, who is reportedly a girl, accused of killing 9 year old Elizabeth Olten. KMIZ is reporting that the home searched shortly after the body was found is the same home where the teen suspect lives. Yesterday we learned from neighbors that police searched the home of Elizabeth’s friend she was last seen playing with. So what’s the connection? Police won’t say, but some reports, including one from Good Morning America and ABC news, suggest that the teen suspect is actually the big sister of Elizabeth’s friend.

Cops will not reveal how Elizabeth was killed, but are seeking first degree murder charges against the teen. A hearing was held this morning where a juvenile court judge was scheduled to hear arguments as to why the teen suspect should be allowed to go home until the next hearing in the case in November.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1685 on: October 29, 2009, 10:47:36 AM »

Nancy Grace now has a Blog http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
Please leave comments on each of the cases so they stay in the headlines.  For Elizabeth's case there are some locals that are doing there best not to have her story remain in the news, the local media is not covering any developments in the  case live and are taking up to 24 hours to update their sites with news.  If we stay on Nancy maybe the local media will actually do some investigative reporting on all the cases.  Regardless of what you think of Nancy she does keep cases on a National level if there is interest and all these children deserve not to be forgotten until Justice is served.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1686 on: October 29, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »

Here is the link to Nancy's blog on the story about Elizabeth from last night.  Please leave a comment so we can keep Elizabeth in the news.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/28/neighbors-say-elizabeth%e2%80%99s-friends%e2%80%99-home-was-searched-is-there-a-connection-to-the-killer-2/#comments
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1687 on: October 29, 2009, 11:05:11 AM »

Olten Funeral Attracts Hundreds
Some people who attended didn't even know Elizabeth or Olten familyPosted by Brynn

More than 300 people went to Elizabeth Olten's funeral Wednesday.

And a majority of them followed the procession into the cemetery for her burial, just six days after Elizabeth's body was found in the woods behind her St. Martin's home.

Dozens who went to the funeral and cemetery told ABC 17 News they didn't even know Elizabeth or the Olten family, but were compelled to be there.

They lined up along the entrance of the Hawthorn Memorial Gardens cemetery, holding pink balloons.

" I didn't feel comfortable going to the visitation or funeral, but I did feel comfortable standing on the side of the road and letting them see how much we cared about them," says Carrie Peter, a Jefferson City resident.

Yesterday, Peter posted a message on Facebook trying to rally others in the community to come out and show their support.

Those unfamiliar faces, along with family and friends were there when Elizabeth's body was brought to her final resting place by horse drawn carriage.

It was an emotional setting as roughly 200 people circled around her pink casket.

Elizabeth's favorite singer, Miley Cyrus played in the background and those pink balloons were released in the air.

"I wanted to remember Elizabeth as the sweet girl she is and help the family. No family should have to go through this alone, said Reverand Monte Shinkle from the Concord Baptist Church who officiated the service.

And now that Elizabeth lays in peace, attention turns back toward the investigation and the shock that surrounds this tight community.

"Noone could believe this affected someone so close to us. We didn't think this could happen in our backyard," says Peter.

The sheriff's department is not releasing more information on the case, instead letting legal proceedings run their course.

But that hasn't stopped the rumor mill from turning, fueling shock and speculation about the murder details and the suspect in custody.

"At first we thought this was a guy, then when we heard this was a teen, we thought it was a boy.  Then when we found out it was a girl and that she knew Elizabeth, it's even more shocking," added Peters.

ABC 17 News asked Reverend Shinkle if the suspects family has contacted the victim's family and he said he didn't know.

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15339&author=Brynn%20Gingras&category=Crime&franchise=&county=Cole&city=68&partner=
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: October 29, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »

Good Morning.  an angelic monkey

My two cents about the suspect's family, but I think they are part of the reason we are getting so little information, and I would really like to know why. In order to ever be able to unravel the dynamics of this area and why they are all being so secretive, I think it is important.

It is not that I don't feel for them, I do. And especially for the other siblings. This is not the first time a person has murdered someone or done something really horrible, and I don't understand why these particular people are the exception to the rule. And why there is such a blockage of local media. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1689 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »

My two cents about the suspect's family, but I think they are part of the reason we are getting so little information, and I would really like to know why. In order to ever be able to unravel the dynamics of this area and why they are all being so secretive, I think it is important.

It is not that I don't feel for them, I do. And especially for the other siblings. This is not the first time a person has murdered someone or done something really horrible, and I don't understand why these particular people are the exception to the rule. And why there is such a blockage of local media. JMO

I agree.  I also think that the powers that be do not wish to acknowledge that something like this could happen  in their back yard nor do they want anyone else to know.  Goodness knows if people start focusing on the area what else might boil to the top that everyone has been ignoring?
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1690 on: October 29, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »

I agree.  I think a hornet's nest is being stirred up

I agree.  I also think that the powers that be do not wish to acknowledge that something like this could happen  in their back yard nor do they want anyone else to know.  Goodness knows if people start focusing on the area what else might boil to the top that everyone has been ignoring?
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1691 on: October 29, 2009, 11:36:05 AM »

So it appears that someone has tired of the secrecy surrounding this teen aged umm accused person  and posted her name in two separate areas on message boards. I read both and the exact same things was posted but using different names. I am left wondering if it is really a local or just someone fed up with the silence and protective shield that has been placed around this perp. Either way, the name is out and it really does not change anything. Little Elizabeth is still dead and we are still searching for answers to why and trying to understand. I have to wonder what the bigger secret is that town is hiding because her name being out has not changed anything so far as I can see. There has to be something else,something bigger IMO. anyone know why the children were in foster care? any word on the foster home? was it a good home? any complaints?  Something is being buried. The haste to keep whatever it is buried reminds me of a neurotic cat I had once, if even one little speck of it's mess was showing, it would frantically kick the litter over it to cover it, sometimes, the cat would take 2 minutes to do her deed but an hour or more to make sure it was all covered up. I think someone is trying to take away a bit of the litter from the big guys there and see what  else can be uncovered. Just like with any litter box, they may not be very happy with what comes to the surface. I think this may end up being a bigger mess for that town and it's officials then what they want the world to see of them.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1692 on: October 29, 2009, 11:44:07 AM »

anyone know why the children were in foster care? any word on the foster home? was it a good home? any complaints?  Something is being buried.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Grandma filed for Gaurdianship and the kids were with her.  Both mother and bio dad have many court records which would indicate addiction may have been a issue.  Bio mom was in court this month yet again and received 2 years probation.  I will have to check if bio dad is still in jail as I am not sure.  Last address on court records for bio mom indicates she is still in Missouri but in a different county.  FYI there were two guardianship hearings as bio mom had another child by a different baby daddy and Grandma had to ask the courts to run a newspaper ad to notify the parents that she was seeking guardianship.

The biggest red flags for me right now is the school district only stating that it did not happen on their watch or their property so all is good.  There has been no indication that counselling has been offered other than for the Teacher who died, no condolences to the family's, just a statement that basically says "not our fault".  Then you have the locals on the boards and coming here saying the body was found, its over, move on and being VERY angry about the national coverage. 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1693 on: October 29, 2009, 11:49:02 AM »

anyone know why the children were in foster care? any word on the foster home? was it a good home? any complaints?  Something is being buried.

Grandma filed for Gaurdianship and the kids were with her.  Both mother and bio dad have many court records which would indicate addiction may have been a issue.  Bio mom was in court this month yet again and received 2 years probation.  I will have to check if bio dad is still in jail as I am not sure.  Last address on court records for bio mom indicates she is still in Missouri but in a different county.  FYI there were two guardianship hearings as bio mom had another child by a different baby daddy and Grandma had to ask the courts to run a newspaper ad to notify the parents that she was seeking guardianship.

The biggest red flags for me right now is the school district only stating that it did not happen on their watch or their property so all is good.  There has been no indication that counselling has been offered other than for the Teacher who died, no condolences to the family's, just a statement that basically says "not our fault".  Then you have the locals on the boards and coming here saying the body was found, its over, move on and being VERY angry about the national coverage. 

I dont get this?? why the anger? yea it sucks, it happened and normally it happens somewhere else, this time it happened in your town, its more of a wake up call to me than anything, shouldnt be hiding it, but embrassing the fact that it can happen anywhere anytime, and what can we learn to be more aware or prepared to not let it happen again or in our towns....
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1694 on: October 29, 2009, 11:52:35 AM »

Yes, I noticed the attitude of JME,glad I was enjoying family time and read back the next day because I would have gotten the big red button on JME.
Would the town folk be so willing to cover up an issue with the school system? I would think it would be the opposite, that they would want the dirty little secrets to come out, well unless there has been some errr inappropriate umm behavior by teachers in the school that parents were paid to just shut up about?? NOT saying that is the case,but would explain a lot of behaviors and actions since Elizabeth was killed.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: October 29, 2009, 11:52:58 AM »

I just went onto Case net to see whether bio dad should still be in custody and low and behold all but one of his cases have vanished.  The lone case that is still up there has all the info deleted about parties, attorneys and only has charges and docket entry left .  It was a case for 3rd degree assault.  I am amazed how all these public records have been vanishing and cleansed in the last 6 days. 

IMO one more indication that something stinks in Jefferson City.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1696 on: October 29, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »

I dont get this?? why the anger? yea it sucks, it happened and normally it happens somewhere else, this time it happened in your town, its more of a wake up call to me than anything, shouldnt be hiding it, but embrassing the fact that it can happen anywhere anytime, and what can we learn to be more aware or prepared to not let it happen again or in our towns....

Nobody likes it when your own town is "out there." I saw a story on the national news last night about my former home town, a town where I grew up. And I cringed when I saw it. It too was a sordid tale. However bad things happen everyday, and I just can't remember such a complete blockage of any facts. The LE served a warrant at the perps house the night Elizabeth was found, and want us now to believe they were serving a warrant on a TRAFFIC STOP! Since when do they serve warrants on a traffic stop. Come on!?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1697 on: October 29, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »

I just went onto Case net to see whether bio dad should still be in custody and low and behold all but one of his cases have vanished.  The lone case that is still up there has all the info deleted about parties, attorneys and only has charges and docket entry left .  It was a case for 3rd degree assault.  I am amazed how all these public records have been vanishing and cleansed in the last 6 days. 

IMO one more indication that something stinks in Jefferson City.

Hi Monkeys!   

I agree, Northern Rose. It's a stark contrast to the town reaction in Somer's case isn't it? Something is weird here.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1698 on: October 29, 2009, 12:02:12 PM »

Found bio dad and he is still receiving 3 hots and a cot courtesy of  3 concurrent sentences (7yrs, 7yrs, 10yrs). 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1699 on: October 29, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »

Grandma filed for Guardianship and the kids were with her.  Both mother and bio dad have many court records which would indicate addiction may have been a issue.  Bio mom was in court this month yet again and received 2 years probation.  I will have to check if bio dad is still in jail as I am not sure.  Last address on court records for bio mom indicates she is still in Missouri but in a different county.  FYI there were two guardianship hearings as bio mom had another child by a different baby daddy and Grandma had to ask the courts to run a newspaper ad to notify the parents that she was seeking guardianship.

Yes, I noticed the attitude of JME,glad I was enjoying family time and read back the next day because I would have gotten the big red button on JME.
Would the town folk be so willing to cover up an issue with the school system? I would think it would be the opposite, that they would want the dirty little secrets to come out, well unless there has been some errr inappropriate umm behavior by teachers in the school that parents were paid to just shut up about?? NOT saying that is the case,but would explain a lot of behaviors and actions since Elizabeth was killed.

From what I could find about the school district is that they had a shake up and change of guards in the last year.  They are thinking of implementing drug dogs and have spent over 1million on a new football field all in the last year.  GO TEAM!  Maybe if Elizabeth was a football player killed they would have a different attitude?  JMO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.