April 27, 2024, 04:55:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543214 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1740 on: October 29, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »

I have just sat here with my mouth open trying to figure out what his rationale is for keeping the public safe from information??? What kind of double speak is this??? 
[/quote]

I've been lurking for a few days.  My first post so "hi all".  Being from the "area" I must admit that JC is quite the cesspool.  Notorious for hiding stuff from the public, making things disappear, high profile citizens protected, etc.  Keeping information about this case is nothing new to us.  As all of us know...."Jefferson City is a GREAT place to raise a family".  It sickens me to say that I'm from the area, believe me.  I do know that law enforcement has to walk the fine line between the political mantra and the law.  I don't envy any of them.

I'll keep lurking....nice to meet everyone. 
[/quote]

Hi Macs. Welcome to SM. Please don't lurk. Everyone's thoughts and opinions are welcome (except for a few spammers)

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Macs_Girl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1741 on: October 29, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »

Thank you for the welcomes!  I appreciate the kindness.  GP's are not high profile that I'm aware of.  As far as the HS deflecting that's the norm for JC.  The "higher-ups" in JC make SURE that bad info. stays under the rug.  They want everyone to think that JC is the absolute best place to raise a family.  Shootings go unpublished in the news paper, drugs found in the prisions will very rarely be published and people who own big businesses in the community and who get into trouble well we can't let everyone know about that, so it get's swept up in a pile and thrown out.  I know of business men one of whom you see pictures of all on THIS thread who were in a heap of trouble with the law for inappropriate acts with young men.  Case went to court once and no one ever heard of it again.  This case (the EO case) is no different.  They will hide public records, make things disappear and try to handle this as secretively as possible.  It makes me sick that they are trying so hard to conceal the facts of this case.  They don't have to give out the perps name but give the details so that parents know what to look for.  DONT LET  YOUR KIDS WALK THE STREETS NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE!  St. Martins is SOOO small and SOOO tight knit I can see why that baby was walking on the street back home from her friends house.  This has rocked the entire community.  I'm so sad.....I couldn't imagine this happening to my baby.  We are such a trusting community.  It's very much a down home community where you leave your house unlocked all day and the keys in the car.  I know, I know....those of you living in the larger cities just shuddered....I felt it (hehe)

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1742 on: October 29, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »

Girl, 9, laid to rest as murder suspect, 15, appears in court

(CNN) -- A 9-year-old girl was laid to rest Wednesday as a 15-year-old girl, described as an acquaintance, was in court on charges she carried out the younger girl's murder

Elizabeth Olten was coming home from a friend's house last week in St. Martins, Missouri, when she disappeared.

Distraught residents searched for days for Olten without luck, when the Cole County Sheriff's Department received a tip that led them to the alleged killer.

It didn't lead them to a stranger, a child predator or a convicted sex offender -- avenues police had originally considered because of Olten's age

Instead, it led them to a 15-year-old girl who, according to Peggy Florence, a family spokeswoman, had played with Olten.

The girl then led police to the body -- which was found in an area authorities searched before, the sheriff's department said, but was hidden so well they hadn't seen it. Authorities said both physical evidence and some written evidence led to the suspect's arrest. She has been charged with first-degree murder.

On Wednesday, Olten's family looked towards closure as two drastically different scenes unfolded in Missouri.

Olten's family and friends watched as two white horses pulled her casket in a glass hearse. Hours earlier, a judge had ordered the 15-year-old suspect to be held while he decides whether she should be tried in adult court. Authorities have not released the suspect's name.

Authorities released few details about the case, though they said an autopsy was conducted Saturday.

The Olten family spent the day of Elizabeth's funeral remembering a very special little girl and mourning their loss, choosing to celebrate her life, instead of attending the court hearing of the teen accused of killing her. After the funeral ceremony, they released pink balloons, in honor of Elizabeth Olten's favorite color.

For them, it was about their little girl -- the one who was always ready with a bright smile.

"She wanted to be a mother, she wanted to love others and take care of others," family spokeswoman Florence told HLN's Nancy Grace. "She was just a lovely child -- she never met an animal she didn't love and dress up and play with."

She loved to dress up and put on fancy dresses, Florence said, even in the snow and the mud.

"She was a beautiful little girly girl," Florence said. "She had everyone's heart."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/29/missouri.olten.murder/
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1743 on: October 29, 2009, 03:35:52 PM »

Thank you for the welcomes!  I appreciate the kindness.  GP's are not high profile that I'm aware of.  As far as the HS deflecting that's the norm for JC.  The "higher-ups" in JC make SURE that bad info. stays under the rug.  They want everyone to think that JC is the absolute best place to raise a family.  Shootings go unpublished in the news paper, drugs found in the prisions will very rarely be published and people who own big businesses in the community and who get into trouble well we can't let everyone know about that, so it get's swept up in a pile and thrown out.  I know of business men one of whom you see pictures of all on THIS thread who were in a heap of trouble with the law for inappropriate acts with young men.  Case went to court once and no one ever heard of it again.  This case (the EO case) is no different.  They will hide public records, make things disappear and try to handle this as secretively as possible.  It makes me sick that they are trying so hard to conceal the facts of this case.  They don't have to give out the perps name but give the details so that parents know what to look for.  DONT LET  YOUR KIDS WALK THE STREETS NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE!  St. Martins is SOOO small and SOOO tight knit I can see why that baby was walking on the street back home from her friends house.  This has rocked the entire community.  I'm so sad.....I couldn't imagine this happening to my baby.  We are such a trusting community.  It's very much a down home community where you leave your house unlocked all day and the keys in the car.  I know, I know....those of you living in the larger cities just shuddered....I felt it (hehe)  
Macs, I know of what you speak. My husband works for the state of MO and is in JC often. He hates to go there. The politics and bureaucracy, drive him wild. If the residents were aware of some of the things that are hidden and swept under the rug they would be shocked and pizzed!

I too live in a small community...but do not leave my doors unlocked

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1744 on: October 29, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »

Crowd lines up to say goodbye
Even strangers felt connection.

JEFFERSON CITY — Dozens of people lined the streets yesterday, and nearly 100 vehicles made up a seemingly endless procession of mourners trailing behind the horse-drawn carriage that carried the body of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.

Onlookers released pink balloons as the two white horses pulled an antique carriage past the crowd on Horner Road and into Hawthorn Memorial Gardens for Elizabeth’s burial. Later, at the gravesite, two white doves were set free to the strains of a popular country song, “Last Dollar (Fly Away).”

Many in attendance said they didn’t personally know the St. Martins fourth-grader, but everyone seemed to have one or two degrees of separation from her.

“Jefferson City is small enough that people know people or people are related to people,” said Sandy Robinett, who along with about 30 co-workers stood somberly outside of the State Courts Administration building on Truman Boulevard. “We sent an e-mail around and just decided we wanted to come up here and show our respect.”

Elizabeth’s body was discovered Friday after an extensive search and rescue effort in a wooded area near her home on rural Route D. Elizabeth was the victim of an apparent homicide, and a 15-year-old is being held in a Cole County juvenile detention facility in connection with the crime.

Others who attended the funeral yesterday said the death of a child hit close to home. Carrie Peter tightly clutched the hand of her 7-year-old daughter, Katrina, as they waited for the funeral procession to approach. Last Thursday, Peter took part in the search and rescue effort in St. Martins, braving rain, wind and rugged terrain.

“If it were my daughter, I’d want the whole world out there,” she said. “I just kept imagining Elizabeth stepping out from behind a tree and being really cold and really scared but being OK. That’s what we were praying for.”

Peter said she debated how best to explain the tragedy to her daughter and ultimately elected to be straightforward.

“When they found the body, I had to explain to her about what happened. And she’s been to a couple funerals of family members, so I think she understands,” Peter said. “I debated about just leaving her in school today, but she wanted to be here.”

Another mourner, Jamie Kennison, said she and her 9-year-old daughter drove from Jefferson City to Kansas City Friday distributing 150 “missing person” posters to gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores along the way.

Kennison said her young daughter pushed for the flier distribution. “She actually went in there with all the posters. She didn’t want to talk about it, but she wanted to make sure we did it,” Kennison said. “She said, ‘Mommy, this is such a Christian thing we’re doing,’ and she’s 9. She’s Elizabeth’s same age, so it means a lot.”

For Lynelle Paro, the death brought back terrible memories. Earlier this year, her own daughter, a teenager, ran away from home and was missing for the night. Paro called police, who later found the girl tired and overheated, hiding in a wooded area.

“It was one of those things that kind of hit home for me,” Paro said of Elizabeth’s death.

The funeral services took place at Concord Baptist Church in Jefferson City, and the burial was donated by the Houser-Millard funeral directors.

Family members and other mourners gathered at the grave-site wore shirts and buttons in pink, Elizabeth’s favorite color. Many approached the tiny pink casket to touch it and say a small prayer. A stereo played a song by Elizabeth’s favorite artist, Miley Cyrus, as the crowd departed.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/oct/29/crowd-lines-up-to-say-goodbye/
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1745 on: October 29, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

If even a small part of what I have been reading is true....Elizabeth died a horrible death and that haunts me....as I am sure it does others. But what it must do to her family

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1746 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:36 PM »

NR....that picture is heartbreaking. Again, thank you for all your updates.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1747 on: October 29, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »

YW.  It is a shame that the local media feels that voting on what costume the anchor should wear for halloween or who had the best homecoming  is more newsworthy than the life of a 9 year old that was cut far too short.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1748 on: October 29, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:13:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1749 on: October 29, 2009, 04:04:22 PM »

Thank you so much for giving us some insight into JC. Are the powers that be sort of one family or related to each other? Why I asked is I used to live in a city that was pretty much run by several inter-related families, and nothing got done without their stamp of approval. They owned the banks, the industries, they were lawyers and judges and politicians. Is that how it is there? Is it just they don't want the bad publicity from a 15 yr old murderer there, or is there something else. The cat is already out of the bag, and the silence from all the officials is only making it worse. I feel really badly for the kids and teenagers especially, who are caught in the middle.

Yes, I did have an intake of breath when you said you didn't lock your doors. I live in a very peaceful, almost crime free town, but I am so paranoid by places I have been and lived over the years, I have been know to lock my car in my enclosed locked garage. That's how bad I am about locking up.  Monkey Devil!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1750 on: October 29, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »

I live just a couple hours away from Jeff City, if there is anything you would like for me to do - I would be more than happy to try.

That is a very kind offer.  What is your opinion on why the lack of coverage and the locals not wanting this on the national media?  BTW if those are M&M's in your basket you may want to pass on eating them unless you can find the best before date.   

One of my daughters friends moved to Jeff City a couple of years ago - after living here in KC.  She said it is very laid back and very countryfied.   I've been there a few times and while it is our states capital it does seem rather rural. 

One of my friends lost her little boy, she had left him buckled in her SUV to run in and get a drink from a sandwich shop, a guy fresh out of jail took off with her car, she chased after him and couldn't get her son's leg out of the seat buckle.  The driver drug him for a mile or two, it was the worst thing that has happened here.  Oprah had her on a couple of times and even gave her a baby shower a few years later.  It's funny when I mention this case to others that do not live around here - they have never heard about it. 

Sorry for rambling, I've got medicine head.

I think CBB was trying to kill me with her left over M&M's.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1751 on: October 29, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »

I live just a couple hours away from Jeff City, if there is anything you would like for me to do - I would be more than happy to try.

That is a very kind offer.  What is your opinion on why the lack of coverage and the locals not wanting this on the national media?  BTW if those are M&M's in your basket you may want to pass on eating them unless you can find the best before date.   

One of my daughters friends moved to Jeff City a couple of years ago - after living here in KC.  She said it is very laid back and very countryfied.   I've been there a few times and while it is our states capital it does seem rather rural. 

One of my friends lost her little boy, she had left him buckled in her SUV to run in and get a drink from a sandwich shop, a guy fresh out of jail took off with her car, she chased after him and couldn't get her son's leg out of the seat buckle.  The driver drug him for a mile or two, it was the worst thing that has happened here.  Oprah had her on a couple of times and even gave her a baby shower a few years later.  It's funny when I mention this case to others that do not live around here - they have never heard about it. 

Sorry for rambling, I've got medicine head.

I think CBB was trying to kill me with her left over M&M's.

I think we are all medicine heads talking to other medicine heads around here lately. I am feeling better, I just can't talk. I've lost my voice.

I do remember that about the little boy being drug outside the car. How horrible and traumatic!

Not knocking it, but I think Missouri is a lot more countryfied than most would think. When you get out of the big cities that is.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Skyler
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1752 on: October 29, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »

I am curious as to how the authorities are able to keep the media quiet about this or other things.  I mean, isn't their job to get in there, find out all the information they can and report it first?  Very puzzling for sure.  I mean, even on these blogs no one wants to be the first to spill the beans (as if there is some law against it). 

Seems like all defense attorneys scream they can't get a fair trial for their murdering clients in Missouri as well as every other state. It's as if everyone is supposed to forget it happened, forget the victim and concentrate on only getting his client a "fair trial."  That always amazes me. 

I have another "I heard" for you since I know many of you have also been bombarded with those lately.  I certainly cannot verify the information, but I heard that the teacher who committed suicide did so when he realized what had happened because he felt a tremendous amount of guilt for not taking the suspect's "writings" more seriously.  Just one more tidbit to add to the unverified information pool.

Thanks to all of you for providing me with the means to find out the suspect's name earler.  Now am I going to be tarred and feathered by "whoever" if I further inquire about the name/s of the grandparents?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1753 on: October 29, 2009, 05:57:12 PM »

I am curious as to how the authorities are able to keep the media quiet about this or other things.  I mean, isn't their job to get in there, find out all the information they can and report it first?  Very puzzling for sure.  I mean, even on these blogs no one wants to be the first to spill the beans (as if there is some law against it). 

Seems like all defense attorneys scream they can't get a fair trial for their murdering clients in Missouri as well as every other state. It's as if everyone is supposed to forget it happened, forget the victim and concentrate on only getting his client a "fair trial."  That always amazes me. 

I have another "I heard" for you since I know many of you have also been bombarded with those lately.  I certainly cannot verify the information, but I heard that the teacher who committed suicide did so when he realized what had happened because he felt a tremendous amount of guilt for not taking the suspect's "writings" more seriously.  Just one more tidbit to add to the unverified information pool.

Thanks to all of you for providing me with the means to find out the suspect's name earler.  Now am I going to be tarred and feathered by "whoever" if I further inquire about the name/s of the grandparents?

Welcome SKYLER. 

You would think that would be their jobs, but if they are "owned" by the right people, they dictate what is put out. It is really the same in the mainstream media, where hardly any news comes from independent sources anyway.

As far as the Grandparents names, it has been decided by our administrator  KLAAS not to put it out there as the juvenile has not been "offically" identified. Yes, some of us have dug around and gotten the info. I don't think anyone is going to tar and feather you for wanting to know.
My personal opinion is the whole juvie thing is utterly ridiculous and unnecessary. The fact that she led the LE to the body tells me all I think we need to know about that. Do you live in the area?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1754 on: October 29, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

WELCOME Skylar 

Once they officially name the suspect we can then post our research about the family.  Nothing on the boards that I have seen have mentioned the grandparents by name and IMO should not. 
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1755 on: October 29, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/b812b963c

This is AB singing.

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/member/wolf_heart
This is her profile. It says she has 8 other recordings. (She has an older sister?)

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1756 on: October 29, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/elizabeth-oltens-killer-identified/#comments

Oh WOW>I haven't even read it all but had to show this to fellow monkeys right away!

Cops say Stephen Spina, 36, was found stabbed to death in his apartment in Mamaroneck, New York on September 17, 2007. Killer is still at large. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=57396 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1757 on: October 29, 2009, 06:18:16 PM »

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/b812b963c

This is AB singing.

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/member/wolf_heart
This is her profile. It says she has 8 other recordings. (She has an older sister?)

Sorry I do not see the reference to older sister.  Could be my medicine brain right now as well.  Can you please point it out?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1758 on: October 29, 2009, 06:20:34 PM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/elizabeth-oltens-killer-identified/#comments

Oh WOW>I haven't even read it all but had to show this to fellow monkeys right away!

That is quite the chat log that Dave got sent.
espresso
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1759 on: October 29, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »

Sure, in the first link under the comment section, a girl with "apples" signature calls her "sis" but I wasn't sure if it was just a buddy thing calling her sis or if it was her real sister. Now the wordpress link and profile link definately identify AB by name.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.