April 27, 2024, 10:00:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543174 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1780 on: October 29, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »

Raise emotional intelligence

Margarita Vargas is the one hint of sanity to emerge from the insanity of Saturday's gang rape of a 15-year-old California high school student.

She had the sense to call police.

Of the reported 20 or so men and boys who witnessed the two-hour attack near Richmond High School on homecoming night, some participated in the assault, some laughed and egged on the rapists, and some took pictures.

Not one sought help for the victim.

Ms. Vargas wasn't there, but when she heard about the crime, she did something. "We called the police as soon as we found out," she told The Contra Costa Times. "As soon as we found out." Atianna Gibbs was with Ms. Vargas when they got word of the attack. "No matter who (the victim) was, who she was before," said Ms. Gibbs, "she doesn't deserve that."

Neither did Michael Brewer, the 15-year-old Deerfield Beach boy allegedly torched by a group of teens; or Elizabeth Olten, the 9-year-old Missouri girl allegedly murdered by the 15-year-old sister of her playmate; or Derrion Albert, the 16-year-old Chicago honor student beaten to death by gang members. These are but a few of the crimes committed by youths in one 30-day period. The list of murders, rapes and other violent crimes by and against young people is seemingly endless.

MORE....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/content/opinion/epaper/2009/10/29/a12a_swancol_1030.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: October 29, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »

I've got screen caps of most all of it except maybe that new song place.  I have Twitter, Facebook and Myspace.

Got the song space now too screen capped 

Did you get the audio too....   j/k

I bet she did.   

Hey KCJackie!
  No was unable to save them.  They are still there though if someone else wants to give it a shot:

Here is one of them:

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/c5e1806a
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1782 on: October 29, 2009, 07:16:22 PM »

Being from Florida and enjoying the fruits of our Sunshine Law ( public has access to everything practically), I can see how frustrating this is up in JC. Something definately smells but it won't be long before an agency with more power and authority steps in. Especially since it appears the townspeople are grumbling and making some noise that all is not kosher.

I read somewhere that Missouri also has the Sunshine Law - or equivalent, but that they are hiding under the juvenile status of the person in custody.  I read that if they choose to charge as an adult, records will be available to media and public.

Could be wrong, I haven't checked.

Lets say on Nov 18 she gets moved to adult court.  I bet my pumpkin that the info which has gone poof will not be restored.  Especially the court cases 

I would bet you are correct in that.

But as with Casey (and much of her stuff went bye-bye), imo, the real stuff will start to be revealed and that is the hows and whys of what happened to Elizabeth.

As the defense receives discovery, it should be available then.

Honestly, from reading her stuff online and her friends things, too - I didn't see anything that would explain why she has done this.  Even her friends are shocked.

Keep in mind, tho, Northern.  In order for her atty to remove her online stuff, he needed her passwords.  And to get her passwords, he would have had to explain to her that the public has noticed her online stuff.  That in itself, imo, is good because she can now sit in her cell and think about the fact that she is NOT anonymous.  That her juvenile status has not protected her privacy.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1783 on: October 29, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »

Someone please go on Twitter, do a search on Olten and tell me what comes up.  Then do a search on Haleigh just to make sure it is not broke.

I just did a search and got NOTHING.  Yet, Casey, Haleigh, and every other random word pulled results.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »

Margarita Vargas is the one hint of sanity to emerge from the insanity of Saturday's gang rape of a 15-year-old California high school student.

Of the reported 20 or so men and boys who witnessed the two-hour attack near Richmond High School on homecoming night, some participated in the assault, some laughed and egged on the rapists, and some took pictures.

Ms. Vargas wasn't there, but when she heard about the crime, she did something. "We called the police as soon as we found out," she told The Contra Costa Times. "As soon as we found out." Atianna Gibbs was with Ms. Vargas when they got word of the attack. "No matter who (the victim) was, who she was before," said Ms. Gibbs, "she doesn't deserve that."

Neither did Michael Brewer, the 15-year-old Deerfield Beach boy allegedly torched by a group of teens; or Elizabeth Olten, the 9-year-old Missouri girl allegedly murdered by the 15-year-old sister of her playmate; or Derrion Albert, the 16-year-old Chicago honor student beaten to death by gang members. These are but a few of the crimes committed by youths in one 30-day period. The list of murders, rapes and other violent crimes by and against young people is seemingly endless.

MORE....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/content/opinion/epaper/2009/10/29/a12a_swancol_1030.html

I'll be willing to bet MY PUMPKIN that article will not be picked up by the JC local news media. By the way, did they ever decide what the news anchor was going to wear for Halloween? 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: October 29, 2009, 07:20:07 PM »

Someone please go on Twitter, do a search on Olten and tell me what comes up.  Then do a search on Haleigh just to make sure it is not broke.

I just did a search and got NOTHING.  Yet, Casey, Haleigh, and every other random word pulled results.

I get Olten but nothing pertaining to Elizabeth.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: October 29, 2009, 07:23:23 PM »

Olten
#  Olten Terminus: Studi-Party - Das Original: Mit den DJDiscokings und reduzierten Getränkepreisen Tanzen, Feiern & Spass h.. http://kolt.ch/t_6954/   11 minutes ago from twitterfeed
# Twitterprofilephoto_normal Maven2379 Elizabeth Olten's killer identified: http://bit.ly/3Hio1r about 1 hour ago from web
# Default_profile_2_normal TianJaffords RT @Levi_Page Working on a post about crimes against children RE Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings, Sommer Thompson and Elizabeth Olten. about 1 hour ago from web
# Me___nancy_normal Levi_Page Working on a post about crimes against children RE Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings, Sommer Thompson and Elizabeth Olten. about 1 hour ago from web

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: October 29, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »

NorthernRose

#  Maven2379 Elizabeth Olten's killer identified: http://bit.ly/3Hio1r   about 1 hour ago from web
# Default_profile_2_normal TianJaffords RT @Levi_Page Working on a post about crimes against children RE Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings, Sommer Thompson and Elizabeth Olten. about 1 hour ago from web
# Me___nancy_normal Levi_Page Working on a post about crimes against children RE Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings, Sommer Thompson and Elizabeth Olten. about 1 hour ago from web
# Crimeseekers_avatar_normal Crimeseeker Crowd lines up to say goodbye to Elizabeth Olten http://bit.ly/39G1HG ^FL about 2 hours ago from HootSuite
# Img_3922_normal ELMahers Unbelievable. My prayers are with you and your family Elizabeth... http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/29/missouri.olten.murder/index.html about 3 hours ago from web

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1788 on: October 29, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

MORE....

I'll be willing to bet MY PUMPKIN that article will not be picked up by the JC local news media. By the way, did they ever decide what the news anchor was going to wear for Halloween? 

Nope, poll is still open.  I emailed KOMU yesterday asking about their coverage (and lack there of) and have not heard back from either of the people I sent it to.  So I just escalated it.  Next I will be sending them contacts to have their email system fixed as surely they must have  had a catastrophic crash.   I like the meds I am on !

Top five stories on KOMU right now in their respective order from the site:

1. Fifteen Departments Face Cuts
2. Police Promote Awareness Movement
3. Catering to H1N1 Patients
4. Community Brith Centre Set to Close
5. Elizabeth Olten Hearing Open to the Public
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »

I get Olten but nothing pertaining to Elizabeth.

Interesting as I can still get nothing when I search Olten.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1790 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »

Olten
#  Olten Terminus: Studi-Party - Das Original: Mit den DJDiscokings und reduzierten Getränkepreisen Tanzen, Feiern & Spass h.. http://kolt.ch/t_6954/   11 minutes ago from twitterfeed
# Twitterprofilephoto_normal Maven2379 Elizabeth Olten's killer identified: http://bit.ly/3Hio1r about 1 hour ago from web

Thanks Trimm!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1791 on: October 29, 2009, 07:45:08 PM »

I live just a couple hours away from Jeff City, if there is anything you would like for me to do - I would be more than happy to try.

That is a very kind offer.  What is your opinion on why the lack of coverage and the locals not wanting this on the national media?  BTW if those are M&M's in your basket you may want to pass on eating them unless you can find the best before date.   

One of my daughters friends moved to Jeff City a couple of years ago - after living here in KC.  She said it is very laid back and very countryfied.   I've been there a few times and while it is our states capital it does seem rather rural. 

One of my friends lost her little boy, she had left him buckled in her SUV to run in and get a drink from a sandwich shop, a guy fresh out of jail took off with her car, she chased after him and couldn't get her son's leg out of the seat buckle.  The driver drug him for a mile or two, it was the worst thing that has happened here.  Oprah had her on a couple of times and even gave her a baby shower a few years later.  It's funny when I mention this case to others that do not live around here - they have never heard about it. 

Sorry for rambling, I've got medicine head.

I think CBB was trying to kill me with her left over M&M's.

omg, KCJackie - I know that case!  And I'm sure that I was still in California when I read about it.

Absolutely heartbreaking - I've prayed for that mother many times.  I hope she is doing ok, but what a horrible thing to have to live with.

There have been occassions when I have done my best to argue that even when a parent makes a horrible mistake (ie. McCann), that this case of the mom leaving her child in the car for just those moments very much highlights that the blame, in my opinion, lies with intent.

It was not the intent of this mother to have someone try to carjack her vehicle with her child inside, it was not her intent for the child to be harmed at all.

The blame lies with the person who chooses to commit the crime.

KCJackie - please let your friend know that I've thought about her often.

Jill - I sure will. an angelic monkey

Hi Trimm
Walter819
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1792 on: October 29, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »

Well somebody has been on her myspace last log in date shows 10/29

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: October 29, 2009, 07:53:31 PM »

Maybe her lawyer?

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: October 29, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »

MORE....

Nope, poll is still open.  I emailed KOMU yesterday asking about their coverage (and lack there of) and have not heard back from either of the people I sent it to.  So I just escalated it.  Next I will be sending them contacts to have their email system fixed as surely they must have  had a catastrophic crash.   I like the meds I am on !

Top five stories on KOMU right now in their respective order from the site:

1. Fifteen Departments Face Cuts
2. Police Promote Awareness Movement
3. Catering to H1N1 Patients
4. Community Brith Centre Set to Close
5. Elizabeth Olten Hearing Open to the Public

I'm glad your meds are agreeing with you.  Monkey Devil!

I wonder what #2 is about?

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1795 on: October 29, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »

unfortunately we don't have access to the search warrant info so we have no idea if the cops have access.

But I'd agree with Fanny since the other stuff is going poof.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1796 on: October 29, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »

Anyone want to get a screenshot of this... before it gets scrubbed too?   

http://www.youtube.com/user/OkamiKage

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1797 on: October 29, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »

hey - why would the lawyer leave her photos and name up on twitter and myspace?  I would've removed all that...

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1798 on: October 29, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »

I downloaded the video, will upload to photobucket in a second.  Notice the hobbies 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1799 on: October 29, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »

OMG!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.