April 28, 2024, 10:13:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543297 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: October 24, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »

Police Charge 15 Year Old With Murder Of Cole County, MO Girl
Elizabeth Olten's Body Was Found In A Wooded Area Friday

ST. MARTINS, Mo. (AP) - Authorities have charged a 15-year-old with first-degree murder for the death of a 9-year-old girl in central Missouri. Cole County Juvenile Court Administrator Michael Couty said Saturday that the 15-year-old is being detained for the death of Elizabeth Olten. Police did not release the teen's gender or name. Elizabeth's body was found Friday, two days after she went missing, after the suspect led police to a wooded area near her home west of Jefferson City.

Cole County Sheriff Greg White said Saturday that the girl was found in an area that had previously been searched but she had been "very well concealed."

White said Elizabeth was acquainted with the suspect but declined to elaborate.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-teen-charged-murder-elizabeth-olten-102409,0,7690864.story

I am perplexed as to why the officials are not even saying the sex of the juvenile?  And her body was well hidden.....how far from where her cell phone was found?

I think she must have been concealed in a deep crevice or a small concealed cave, just what I think. I'm thinking the cell phone was with her too, but again, just what it appears to me.

I know the searchers said the terrain was hilly and had high grass  and to go back there you really wanted to be there. I was not aware that that area has caves but that sure would make sense.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: October 24, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »

SUNNY, I am sorry you had to go through such a traumatic experience. That you would go to the aid of someone like that shows what a good hearted person you really are. 
 an angelic monkey

Fanny, it was one of those knee jerk reactions...had I stopped to think about it I might not have done it. There were many people who stopped.....it was a bad accident....why in the heck won't people slow down when it's raining? A young life gone in an instant, becasue someone didn't hve the sense to slow down!!  I just happened to be coming from Kohl's and had a bag full of new white towels.....

And these 2 little girls murdered in 2 days....it shakes ones faith a bit.  Or it did mine. I had to step back and regain some faith in believing that we are not in control....no matter what.

I'm torn between expressing horror at what you went through, and thanking God that you were there to help him when he needed you.

hugs, Sunny.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: October 24, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »

Sunny, I have no words, my thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey I'm very sorry.

thanks.....I can only think God put me there so he didn't die alone.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: October 24, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

I must've missed the photos of a home - is it the home of the suspect?

also, didn't the person on facebook say that it was a 6th grader that was supposedly arrested yesterday?  I think kids in six grade would be around 11-12 years old, wouldn't they?

The home of the friend she was at.  Can only be seen on Streetview.  I think you are right about the facebook post. 15 would make them grade 8 or 9 I would think.

thank you, Northern Rose.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: October 24, 2009, 02:53:02 PM »

Northern Rose - are there street numbers?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: October 24, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

I am perplexed as to why the officials are not even saying the sex of the juvenile?  And her body was well hidden.....how far from where her cell phone was found?

I think she must have been concealed in a deep crevice or a small concealed cave, just what I think. I'm thinking the cell phone was with her too, but again, just what it appears to me.

IT's fall here for sure.....we live about 30 miles out of St. Louis and the leaves are falling like crazy.....it's the same in that area as well. So there would be plenty of folliage to cover her if she had been in a culvert...especially since the area had been searched twice.  Thanks about the cell phone.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #626 on: October 24, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

I sure hope you are okay, and I do know what you mean about having to walk away for awhile from all this. We sure do think alike because I have some hinky feelings as well. This isn't adding up to me, the only thing I can figure is the perp and Elizabeth walked into the woods together, now for what reason I don't know. And this 15 year old sure must have known the woods pretty well to hide her so good. I wonder if the perp had this planned out for awhile? I can't believe that people in that area haven't been saying the name of the teen, but then again, because of the age, I'm not sure if forums such as here can put the name out even if someone knows it  All such a dirty shame.

I am fine...I just had to regroup...I have been reading both threads and checking in at Caylee's and I think I was on emotion overload. We do think alike often. You know what is said about great minds Monkey Devil! I can see authorities not revealing the name...but the sex??  and that is a small community....I have to think that the whole or at least most of the community know by now....and no one is talking?  Too strange!!
[/quote]   Monkey Devil!  Why would the sex of the person matter? That picture of the house that Elizabeth left from that Northern posted is beautiful, could the perp be a relative of the homeowners, and perhaps be somekind of bigwig in the community, and that is why nobody is talking? Talk of the town is this crime, you can be certain of, so I don't get it.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: October 24, 2009, 02:56:14 PM »

SUNNY, I am sorry you had to go through such a traumatic experience. That you would go to the aid of someone like that shows what a good hearted person you really are. 
 an angelic monkey

Fanny, it was one of those knee jerk reactions...had I stopped to think about it I might not have done it. There were many people who stopped.....it was a bad accident....why in the heck won't people slow down when it's raining? A young life gone in an instant, becasue someone didn't hve the sense to slow down!!  I just happened to be coming from Kohl's and had a bag full of new white towels.....

And these 2 little girls murdered in 2 days....it shakes ones faith a bit.  Or it did mine. I had to step back and regain some faith in believing that we are not in control....no matter what.
   an angelic monkey  I have a very bad time understanding how one can be out and about happy, and the next minute you can be gone just like that. I guess it is life, just something that sends chills through me when I think about it. I wish people would slow down period and stop talking on their phones, it is bad here where I live, and you just know that one of these maniacs is going to run over a kid in the neighborhood, because of their ignorance  Please take care, and a mimosa does sound good 

I am fine......and I didn't have the mimosa!  LOL  Authorities are really cracking down on people talking on cell phones in  our area. I usually forget to take mine

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: October 24, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »

An article last night stated her cell was with her body.

Thanks NR....and I read why this case grabbed you so much....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: October 24, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »

Olten Death Investigation Continues
Person of interest, a local juvenile, in custody.50 min ago - Petition Filed: Teen Committed 1st Degree Murder

Authorities announced Saturday that the juvenile system filed a petition Friday with the Cole Co. Family Court that a 15 year old committed offensive murder in the first degree of Elizabeth Olten.  Posted by Erica Nochlin

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15307

I hope this person is charged as an adult.....first degree murder IMO is an adult offense.
Me too, and how would they punish you if it is first degree murder as a juvenile?

LWOP?? Does anyone remember the name of the redheaded boy that killed another little boy? I can see his face...redhair, big glasses?

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: October 24, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »

I'm torn between expressing horror at what you went through, and thanking God that you were there to help him when he needed you.

hugs, Sunny.

thanks jill...but usually I have faith that we are where we are supposed to be at any given time....lots of times it's not where we would chose to be...I think that was one of those times.....some others that stopped were hysterical and of no help....to any of the victims or themselves..when the first police car got there they took control and got everyone except those of us with the victims to move along..I would have gladly moved with them if I could have. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »

Why would the sex of the person matter? That picture of the house that Elizabeth left from that Northern posted is beautiful, could the perp be a relative of the homeowners, and perhaps be somekind of bigwig in the community, and that is why nobody is talking? Talk of the town is this crime, you can be certain of, so I don't get it.

That's along the lines I was thinking. Perhaps this 15yo was at the house and perhaps they got into an argument or confrontation of some sort......and he/she followed her or cut her off or something.  There is a reason they are not releasing any info....and a reason why the community is not talking (JMO)

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: October 24, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »

Why would the sex of the person matter? That picture of the house that Elizabeth left from that Northern posted is beautiful, could the perp be a relative of the homeowners, and perhaps be somekind of bigwig in the community, and that is why nobody is talking? Talk of the town is this crime, you can be certain of, so I don't get it.

That's along the lines I was thinking. Perhaps this 15yo was at the house and perhaps they got into an argument or confrontation of some sort......and he/she followed her or cut her off or something.  There is a reason they are not releasing any info....and a reason why the community is not talking (JMO)
  I was just reading at WS and found this post to be very interesting, I have no idea whether true or not         Originally Posted by crimecurious 
Hi, this is my first post. I haven't been on here in years.

Anyway, I've been following this case closely. And I'd like to pass info that is only RUMORS at this time, I live about 3 miles from the scene.

1) I was reading the local newspaper's forums yesterday and a poster said that it was an older sister of one of Elizabeth's friends who said she "wanted to see what it was like to see someone die". The post was quickly removed. It was about the same time yesterday that the person on here sent the message "15yo girl"

2) It was a girl known for being the school bully who was several grades behind.

3) It was a former teenage babysitter of Elizabeth. Not stated as M or F.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: October 24, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »

I was just reading at WS and found this post to be very interesting, I have no idea whether true or not         Originally Posted by crimecurious 
Hi, this is my first post. I haven't been on here in years.

Anyway, I've been following this case closely. And I'd like to pass info that is only RUMORS at this time, I live about 3 miles from the scene.

1) I was reading the local newspaper's forums yesterday and a poster said that it was an older sister of one of Elizabeth's friends who said she "wanted to see what it was like to see someone die". The post was quickly removed. It was about the same time yesterday that the person on here sent the message "15yo girl"

2) It was a girl known for being the school bully who was several grades behind.

3) It was a former teenage babysitter of Elizabeth. Not stated as M or F.

Thanks nrcg......that is interesting.....if this 'girl' was at one of those houses I guess it could be true, huh

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: October 24, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »

What I'm finding very weird on different forums and comments, some are saying it is a boy, and some are saying it is a girl. I don't think I've ever seen such confusion about the sex of a perp before 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: October 24, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »

That's along the lines I was thinking. Perhaps this 15yo was at the house and perhaps they got into an argument or confrontation of some sort......and he/she followed her or cut her off or something.  There is a reason they are not releasing any info....and a reason why the community is not talking (JMO)

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:50:15 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: October 24, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: October 24, 2009, 03:29:35 PM »

An article last night stated her cell was with her body.

Thanks NR....and I read why this case grabbed you so much....

Each case has a different meaning and this one has really called out to me.  I am so glad that there was someone with that young person to give him comfort in his last moments.  God does put us in places for a reason.  At the corner of our road last summer there was a big accident. I went running out to help the young person who was obviously in shock.  Called another neighbour from my cell to bring towels, water and ice till the ambulance got there.  She was only worried about her mom being really bad and that her dad got laid off as she was wandering in the middle of the highway.  Her Dad gets there and we used to work together years back.  No clue this was his daughter till he got to the scene.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: October 24, 2009, 03:35:16 PM »

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/830d1a67-80ce-0971-00cb-8a9296abae88

COLE COUNTY - The Cole County Sheriff reports a 15-year-old juvenile is charged with murder in the first degree for the death of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.

Investigators said written and physical evidence led them to the suspect, who then willingly took them to the body Friday afternoon located within the search area.The sheriff said the body was well-concealed.

It is pending whether the juvenile will be charged in juvenile or adult court. The sheriff said the suspect is not a member of the family, but is an acquaintance.

Searchers also found Olten's cell phone near the body.

Medical examiners performed an autopsy on the body today, however results will not be know for a few weeks.

The sheriff said he felt blessed and pleased about the community support and law enforcement effort.

Reported by: Christina Millweard
Reported by: Kevin Lewis
Posted by: Jena Pike

Published: Friday, October 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Last Updated: Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Rest in Peace Caylee

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: October 24, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »

I'm tooling around on the Cole County Assesor's property locator and frankly, this area is really pretty with what seem to me to be nice homes.

Some VERY nice homes with more modest homes interspersed.

I'm not getting why I've seen comments from people who supposedly live in the area stating that it's a terrible area for a kid to walk alone. 

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.