April 27, 2024, 10:11:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543175 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: October 24, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »

I am perplexed as to why the officials are not even saying the sex of the juvenile?  And her body was well hidden.....how far from where her cell phone was found?

An article last night stated her cell was with her body.

Thanks NR....and I read why this case grabbed you so much....

Each case has a different meaning and this one has really called out to me.  I am so glad that there was someone with that young person to give him comfort in his last moments.  God does put us in places for a reason.  At the corner of our road last summer there was a big accident. I went running out to help the young person who was obviously in shock.  Called another neighbour from my cell to bring towels, water and ice till the ambulance got there.  She was only worried about her mom being really bad and that her dad got laid off as she was wandering in the middle of the highway.  Her Dad gets there and we used to work together years back.  No clue this was his daughter till he got to the scene.

I hope she wasn't badly hurt and recuperated?   I am sure her father was very grateful you were there

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: October 24, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »

15-year-old charged with murder of Mo. girl

ST. MARTINS, Mo. — Juvenile authorities said Saturday that a 15-year-old has been charged with first-degree murder for the death of a 9-year-old central Missouri girl found in the woods two days after she went missing.

Police did not release the teen's gender or name and provided few other details about the person suspected of killing Elizabeth Olten. Cole County Sheriff Greg White has said the teenage suspect is not related to Elizabeth but was acquainted with her and is from the same area just west of Jefferson City.

Several hundred people braved soaking rain and cold weather to search a heavily wooded area near Elizabeth's home after she was reported missing Wednesday evening. Police found Elizabeth's body Friday afternoon after the suspect led them to a wooded area several hundred yards from her St. Martins house, White said.

"We had been in that area — actually more than once. The body was very well concealed," said White, who would not say whether police believed Elizabeth had been killed there.

Under Missouri law, children as young as 12 can be charged as adults with first-degree murder. But the case must start in the juvenile court system while a hearing is held on whether to transfer it to an adult court. Juvenile court records generally are closed under Missouri law unless a judge grants an exception.

Cole County Juvenile Court Administrator Michael Couty said the suspect was in the custody of the juvenile justice system and would undergo a background and psychological check. Couty planned to request a hearing next week before a family court judge to determine whether the suspect should be tried as a juvenile or as an adult. That hearing would be closed to the public.

Police initially had said Elizabeth was last seen walking home from a neighbor's house on Wednesday night. White said that timeline was developed through interviews.

But on Saturday, White declined to say whether police believed Elizabeth had started walking home when she encountered the suspect. He said many details could not be released to avoid risking the prosecution's case and because the suspect is a juvenile.

An autopsy was being conducted Saturday to determine the time and cause of death.

Police would not say Saturday whether there had been a confession, nor would they describe the teen's demeanor or offer more details about written documents that led them to the suspect. White also declined to say whether calls had been made from Elizabeth's cell phone, which was found "very, very close" to her.

Police narrowed the primary search area after tracing the phone's general location, but the phone's battery had died by Thursday morning.

The Olten family has received help since Elizabeth's disappearance from Missouri Missing, a group that highlights missing-person cases and provides emergency aid to families. Group spokeswoman Ra'Vae Edwards relayed a request for comment Saturday to Elizabeth's family.

"They don't have anything to say right now other than they're working on arrangements for the funeral," Edwards said, "And they wanted to thank the community for their support and prayers."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6684211.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: October 24, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »

But on Saturday, White declined to say whether police believed Elizabeth had started walking home when she encountered the suspect. He said many details could not be released to avoid risking the prosecution's case and because the suspect is a juvenile.

----------------------------------------------------

Very strange that he would not comment that Elizabeth met up with this person as she started walking home.  Could it be that this person offered to walk her home from the house she was at before she started the walk?  This really is sending off my hinky meter
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: October 24, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »

I'm tooling around on the Cole County Assesor's property locator and frankly, this area is really pretty with what seem to me to be nice homes.

Some VERY nice homes with more modest homes interspersed.

I'm not getting why I've seen comments from people who supposedly live in the area stating that it's a terrible area for a kid to walk alone. 

Jill did you see the group of houses directly west of the Olten house between the junkyard and Rte D?  I wonder if those could also be considered "in the same area" as was stated.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: October 24, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »

Very strange that he would not comment that Elizabeth met up with this person as she started walking home.  Could it be that this person offered to walk her home from the house she was at before she started the walk?  This really is sending off my hinky meter

And this....."We had been in that area — actually more than once. The body was very well concealed," said White, who would not say whether police believed Elizabeth had been killed there.

this leads me to think she may have been killed someplace else.  NR....nrcg and my hinky meters have been charged too!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: October 24, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »

Northern Rose - are there street numbers?
Sorry just saw this post.  The only address that has been in the media so far has been the Olten house, 222 Lomo Drive.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=222%20lomo%20dr%2C%20saint%20martins%2C%20mo
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: October 24, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »

And this....."We had been in that area — actually more than once. The body was very well concealed," said White, who would not say whether police believed Elizabeth had been killed there.

this leads me to think she may have been killed someplace else.  NR....nrcg and my hinky meters have been charged too!

This statement: Investigators said written and physical evidence led them to the suspect,  

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/830d1a67-80ce-0971-00cb-8a9296abae88

They have said that LE was given written letters by a 3rd juvenile.  "Physical evidence" led them to the suspect ....did that 3rd person also give them bloody clothes, a murder weapon, drugs,.....whatever it was it was not where they found Elizabeth.  A younger sibling finding it in their house and turning in someone that was there? I would think that a young person would not have the maturity to continue to look for more evidence if they found letters or the other evidence so you would think they were together.  If you are a kid and find a hot potatoe do you keep looking for more or freak out and figure out what to do with what you find is my line of thought here.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: October 24, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »

or harmed someplace else, like drugged perhaps.  I am still having difficulty with a 15 year old taking a 108lb limp body 1/4 mile into the woods on their own.  My thought is that Elizabeth went most of the way there on her own two feet and then something happened in those woods.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: October 24, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »

This just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I cannot think of a scenario that would prevent the sheriff from disclosing whether it is a 15 yr old boy or girl. Frankly, juvenile or not, they will probably be charged as an adult, and the name will come out anyhow. Unless politics is playing a role. That is a very big, fancy home for that area compared to the other homes around there. I wonder who lives there?

Hi Monks!   I wonder too and is their at 15 yo in the household?  Was their a 15 yo in the house that she left from?  Something is hinky and I don't know what. Surely people in the area know who has been arrested...and it hasn't been leaked??  I had to step away from all the cases for a night.....it was getting to  me....and I had an incident Thursday morning that left me a bit shaken. And I don't get shaken too easily. So I have been a bit off...more so than usual that is.  Thanks to all who have kept the thread up to date. I am shaking my head about the fund for the son's education....WTH is that about? I can't shake the hinky feeling....

So sorry to hear you had an accident. Hope you are doing better.  They said 15 year old lived west of Saint Martins.  IMO they were either visiting as a friend, relative such as cousin or from a split marriage where one parent lives around there.  I still strongly believe they are connected to one of the five house that she walked from/past.

Hi NR...I didn't have an accident...but saw one happen got out to help and a young man died in my arms...it shook me to my bones....
I agree with the connection to one of the five houses.....that does not seem to be an area that anyone would be in without a reason.

I bet you made this young mans last few minutes  less scary. Bless you for that

Edit:  Typo.  MB
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:24:34 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: October 24, 2009, 04:24:55 PM »

This just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I cannot think of a scenario that would prevent the sheriff from disclosing whether it is a 15 yr old boy or girl. Frankly, juvenile or not, they will probably be charged as an adult, and the name will come out anyhow. Unless politics is playing a role. That is a very big, fancy home for that area compared to the other homes around there. I wonder who lives there?

Hi Monks!   I wonder too and is their at 15 yo in the household?  Was their a 15 yo in the house that she left from?  Something is hinky and I don't know what. Surely people in the area know who has been arrested...and it hasn't been leaked??  I had to step away from all the cases for a night.....it was getting to  me....and I had an incident Thursday morning that left me a bit shaken. And I don't get shaken too easily. So I have been a bit off...more so than usual that is.  Thanks to all who have kept the thread up to date. I am shaking my head about the fund for the son's education....WTH is that about? I can't shake the hinky feeling....

So sorry to hear you had an accident. Hope you are doing better.  They said 15 year old lived west of Saint Martins.  IMO they were either visiting as a friend, relative such as cousin or from a split marriage where one parent lives around there.  I still strongly believe they are connected to one of the five house that she walked from/past.

Hi NR...I didn't have an accident...but saw one happen got out to help and a young man died in my arms...it shook me to my bones....
I agree with the connection to one of the five houses.....that does not seem to be an area that anyone would be in without a reason.

I bet you made this young mans last few minutes more less scary. Bless you for that

Should read, last few minutes less scary

Fixed.  MB
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:25:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »

I bet you made this young mans last few minutes  less scary. Bless you for that (Edit:  typo-MB)

That is very sweet...thanks
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:25:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Rest in Peace Caylee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: October 24, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »

Another interesting post #21:

I'm not supposed to comment much on this case, we all got a nasty gram from the powers that be. I'm doing it anyway- I want them to release WHO killed this little girl. The juvenile should not be shielded, IMO and it's not a big surprise at who the perp is.

Plus, the thing is that the "rumor" is the perp watched them search the area and then he placed the little girl there, after he was confident they were done searching.

Bastard- this kid isn't a kid and he should not be protected, IMFO.

http://www.justicequest.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343706
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: October 24, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGWsG3iX64I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RGWsG3iX64I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: October 24, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »

Thanks for the updates,NorthernRose.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #654 on: October 24, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »

Could she have been killed at the house, say maybe the backyard, garage? But then how would her body have gotten into the woods, unless the perp had a vehicle of some sort, I'm blank, can't think of the name, like a dirt bike 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: October 24, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »

I think that Elizabeth was lured into those woods jmo...

also, for it to be 1st degree murder, would rule out accidental wouldn't it? which would mean that it was a planned death or a deliberate act of murder...? if that is the proper wording...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: October 24, 2009, 05:13:12 PM »

I'm not supposed to comment much on this case, we all got a nasty gram from the powers that be. I'm doing it anyway- I want them to release WHO killed this little girl. The juvenile should not be shielded, IMO and it's not a big surprise at who the perp is.

Plus, the thing is that the "rumor" is the perp watched them search the area and then he placed the little girl there, after he was confident they were done searching.

Thanks, so I'm guessing the perp is a boy, this is crazy, and no surprise at who the perp is? So must be some kid that has been a bully or has caused a lot of trouble in the area.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: October 24, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

I think that Elizabeth was lured into those woods jmo...

also, for it to be 1st degree murder, would rule out accidental wouldn't it? which would mean that it was a planned death or a deliberate act of murder...? if that is the proper wording...

I thought she was lured also, but then reading one of the statements from the police, maybe not. The friend that Elizabeth was visiting, I sure would love to know if she has an older sibling.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »

Thanks, so I'm guessing the perp is a boy, this is crazy, and no surprise at who the perp is? So must be some kid that has been a bully or has caused a lot of trouble in the area.

or a kid with emotional problems? or a kid that has done something to other kids?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: October 24, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m053.htm

MURDER, FIRST DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of first degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

To kill with malice aforethought means to kill either deliberately and intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life.

Premeditation means with planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation of a killing depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to kill, for the killer to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the killing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.