April 28, 2024, 10:58:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543302 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: October 24, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m053.htm

MURDER, FIRST DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of first degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

To kill with malice aforethought means to kill either deliberately and intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life.

Premeditation means with planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation of a killing depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to kill, for the killer to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the killing.

so maybe the letters given to LE laid out the plan?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #661 on: October 24, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »

darby 
Registered User   Join Date: Oct 2009

I am new to this forum but I live within 2 miles of Elizabeth's home. My son works at a restaurant and overheard a police officer say that a 15-year-old "Goth" girl is in custody for the murder. I had automatically assumed the perp was a male...

I have nothing but respect for the sheriff and the rest of the law enforcement in the area - they are caring and dedicated and they did everything they could to find Elizabeth.

This area is indeed rural and beautiful. One of our children is in the same grade at the same school as Elizabeth. We feel numb.

Just saw this on In Session forum.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: October 24, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »

MURDER, FIRST DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of first degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

To kill with malice aforethought means to kill either deliberately and intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life.

Premeditation means with planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation of a killing depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to kill, for the killer to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the killing.

perhaps...maybe this kid who did this to Elizabeth had a journal or had blogged or written about it? someone found the notes and gave them to LE?

thanks Klaas for the explanation of 1st degree..

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: October 24, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »

darby 
Registered User   Join Date: Oct 2009

I am new to this forum but I live within 2 miles of Elizabeth's home. My son works at a restaurant and overheard a police officer say that a 15-year-old "Goth" girl is in custody for the murder. I had automatically assumed the perp was a male...

I have nothing but respect for the sheriff and the rest of the law enforcement in the area - they are caring and dedicated and they did everything they could to find Elizabeth.

This area is indeed rural and beautiful. One of our children is in the same grade at the same school as Elizabeth. We feel numb.

Just saw this on In Session forum.

Two people that are "local" and one says goth girl one says boy that will not be a shock.  We will find out if the person is tried as an adult which one is correct.  I can only imagine the rumours that are swirling in that area.  They will be worse on Monday when school is in  and there is an empty seat in a class that usually has a 15 year old sitting in it.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: October 24, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »

perhaps...maybe this kid who did this to Elizabeth had a journal or had blogged or written about it? someone found the notes and gave them to LE?

thanks Klaas for the explanation of 1st degree..

articles have describe them as written letters that were given to LE
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: October 24, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »

Written letters that were given to LE, so perhaps a sibling ran across those?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: October 24, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »

Written letters that were given to LE, so perhaps a sibling ran across those?

that was my thoughts Rosie....

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: October 24, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »

I am hoping Jazmins children have nothign to do with this. Do we know they dont'? Please tell it no longer makes sense they do not.

Was there a scared monkeys thread about Jazmins disappearence?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: October 24, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »

I am hoping Jazmins children have nothign to do with this. Do we know they dont'? Please tell it no longer makes sense they do not.

We do not know anything more than 15 year old, from area was acquainted with Elizabeth.  I do not know where Jasmine's children live but I believe they are in MO.
Someone did mention that we did have a thread for Jasmine's disappearance.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: October 24, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »

St Martins, MO) New developments today in the case of a murdered Missouri girl.

Cole County authorities filed a petition to charge a 15-year old with first-degree murder. That teen is in juvenile custody in connection with death of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten

Because this person is a juvenile the Cole County Sheriff's office is not releasing the juveniles name or gender. Cole county Sheriff Greg White says the 15-year old was acquainted with the victim, but declined to elaborate.

Elizabeth Olten went missing on Wednesday while walking home from a friend's house. Her body was found Friday in a wooded area near her home, west of Jefferson City. Sheriff White says the girl was found in an area that had previously been searched, but that she had been very well concealed.

Physical and written evidence led police to develop a person of interest. Police say that person led them to the body.

The search for elizabeth was massive. It involved multiple law enforcement agencies with special equipment and community volunteers.

Now, as a family mourns, the sheriff says the investigation changes gears in an effort to determine what happened to Elizabeth during the time she was missing.

" Law enforcement, and firefighters, have all cleared the scene. As of where we go from here investigators from all primary agencies are working on reports," explains Sheriff White.

Because this is a juvenile case, a separate hearing will be held to see if the teen can be certified as an adult. Only then can he or she face the first-degree murder charges in court.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=198642#
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: October 24, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »

This information is not confirmed......

snipped

Several residents from the small town of St. Martins talked to KRCG while in town for the morning's press conference. One resident said, “I don’t think it was provoked.” On the suspect she told KRCG “You’d be very surprised.”

Residents tell KRCG the 15-year-old is a girl, and lived at the house Elizabeth was supposedly coming home from. However, White will not confirm that information.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367283
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: October 24, 2009, 07:22:28 PM »

Dear God...what is this world coming to?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #672 on: October 24, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »

No.....I do not have time at the moment to start one...but you can readi it here.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11329

Give me a few minutes and I'll set a thread up for Jasmine.  I had intended to do that earlier, but I've been busy
today....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:44:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: October 24, 2009, 07:27:09 PM »

snipped

Several residents from the small town of St. Martins talked to KRCG while in town for the morning's press conference. One resident said, “I don’t think it was provoked.” On the suspect she told KRCG “You’d be very surprised.”

Residents tell KRCG the 15-year-old is a girl, and lived at the house Elizabeth was supposedly coming home from. However, White will not confirm that information.

I just saw that as well and went, well that totally makes sense now with the bits the Sherriff has been saying. I am thinking older sister. 
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: October 24, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »

Body of Missing Missouri Girl, 9, Found in Woods

The body of a 9-year-old Missouri girl who vanished walking home from a friend's house was found in a heavily wooded area Friday.

An "older juvenile" suspect led authorities to Elizabeth Olten's body, deep in the woods near where an exhaustive search for the child was under way for much of the day.

Elizabeth disappeared just after she started walking home from a friend's house Wednesday night.

"There's been no contact with her since then," Cole County Sheriff Greg White told Fox News earlier Friday, before Elizabeth was found dead.

White said Elizabeth spoke with her parents on the phone before she left her friend's house.

"Her parents said she should leave and get home," he told Fox.

About 70 investigators worked on leads Friday and another 70 people spent the day scouring woody, uneven terrain west of Jefferson City, Mo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569338,00.html
Hi everyone.

These 2 sentences have troubled me since I first read them:
  White said Elizabeth spoke with her parents on the phone before she left her friend's house.

To me it sounds like Elizabeth may have had a problem at that residence and told her "parents" about it.  Then I think if that was the case wouldn't her "parents" have gone to get her, at the very least meet her on the way.  Or was it simply because it was getting late.  Surely he just misspoke when he used "parents".
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: October 24, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »

snipped

I know it says it isn't confirmed, but I will bet the girl is probably a sister or cousin to the friend Elizabeth visited.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: October 24, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »

I've started a thread for Jasmine Haslag in our missing forum:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6347.new#new

It's only the header so far, but hopefully we can build the thread with information, pics, maps & links. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »

I've started a thread for Jasmine Haslag in our missing forum:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6347.new#new

It's only the header so far, but hopefully we can build the thread with information, pics, maps & links. 

Muffy thank you!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: October 24, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »

Body of Missing Missouri Girl, 9, Found in Woods

The body of a 9-year-old Missouri girl who vanished walking home from a friend's house was found in a heavily wooded area Friday.

An "older juvenile" suspect led authorities to Elizabeth Olten's body, deep in the woods near where an exhaustive search for the child was under way for much of the day.

Elizabeth disappeared just after she started walking home from a friend's house Wednesday night.

"There's been no contact with her since then," Cole County Sheriff Greg White told Fox News earlier Friday, before Elizabeth was found dead.

About 70 investigators worked on leads Friday and another 70 people spent the day scouring woody, uneven terrain west of Jefferson City, Mo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569338,00.html
Hi everyone.

These 2 sentences have troubled me since I first read them:

To me it sounds like Elizabeth may have had a problem at that residence and told her "parents" about it.  Then I think if that was the case wouldn't her "parents" have gone to get her, at the very least meet her on the way.  Or was it simply because it was getting late.  Surely he just misspoke when he used "parents".
I didn't look at it that way, interesting, maybe Elizabeth said something and it bothered her mom and she told her to come home. I was reading on WS, and someone has figured out who lives in the big house, supposedly they had lived in California, anyway their are two boys myspace that one of the posters found, I'm guessing from that home, and it was making them sick reading it. I have no idea, I don't know how to dig up stuff, and because of their ages it wouldn't be appropriate anyway. Just thought it was interesting. I'm sure all this info will be leaked one way or another in the next week.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: October 24, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »

Thank-you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.