April 27, 2024, 09:28:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Olten #1 10/22/09 - 10/29/09  (Read 543228 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: October 24, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »

yuknomenot very strange isn't it, I don't ever recall this before where they are hesitant to say what sex the person is. I don't get this, but what I'm finding interesting is someone on another forum has a screen shot from a myspace that evidently is the person, and it is a girl, she obviously didn't post the pic because of the age.
Yes, how they are handling this aspect of it makes no sense.  I certainly hope the screen shot is the murdered and isn't an innocent.
I meant murderer.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: October 24, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »

well, if this killing was as coldhearted as this 15 year old wanting to know what it feels like to kill someone - and also if this 15 y.o. has ever had any other trouble with the law - I would bet dollars to donuts that this suspect will indeed be charged as an adult and I would bet that this will happen on Monday - at start of business.

Right after that, we will have more details.

I really don't see it happening any other way.  But of course, I've been wrong before - I just feel in my gut that this 15 y.o. is facing an adult charge.
I would think so also, unless after testing they find the 15 year old to have mental problems or something, then I don't know what they would do.

Well, if that comment off of The Huffington Post is correct and she dug the grave well in advance of killing Elizabeth, she's not going to qualify as mental. This is some very evil stuff. With all that has been going on this week, I am ill and so disillusioned with the world....more than usual......
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: October 24, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »

I'm tooling around on the Cole County Assesor's property locator and frankly, this area is really pretty with what seem to me to be nice homes.

Some VERY nice homes with more modest homes interspersed.

I'm not getting why I've seen comments from people who supposedly live in the area stating that it's a terrible area for a kid to walk alone. 

Jill did you see the group of houses directly west of the Olten house between the junkyard and Rte D?  I wonder if those could also be considered "in the same area" as was stated.

Northern - I couldn't identify anything but 1007 Lomo - where the command post was set up.

I don't have the address for the Olten house.

Do you have it?  If you don't feel comfortable posting it - could you email it to me at protectkidz@yahoo.com?  tia.

I have to agree with Elizabeth having had a problem at that house - BUT, I'm confused as to whether her mom knew or didn't know that she was on her way home.  Also, her mom has a different last name - could Elizabeth possibly have a stepfather living in the home who would be considered her "parent"?

Jill you have nanners
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #703 on: October 24, 2009, 08:42:45 PM »

N2WISHN I agree, if she dug the grave in advance, I guess we will hear more about that 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: October 24, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

N2WISHN I agree, if she dug the grave in advance, I guess we will hear more about that 

I don't know if I can take knowing more. The things going on are so alien that I'm not really comprehending it all.......It's like all the memories of how Nevaeh, Sandra, Caylee, and all the others were found come screaming at me and doesn't compute in my mind. I hate this.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: October 24, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »

well, if this killing was as coldhearted as this 15 year old wanting to know what it feels like to kill someone - and also if this 15 y.o. has ever had any other trouble with the law - I would bet dollars to donuts that this suspect will indeed be charged as an adult and I would bet that this will happen on Monday - at start of business.

I really don't see it happening any other way.  But of course, I've been wrong before - I just feel in my gut that this 15 y.o. is facing an adult charge.
I would think so also, unless after testing they find the 15 year old to have mental problems or something, then I don't know what they would do.

Well, if that comment off of The Huffington Post is correct and she dug the grave well in advance of killing Elizabeth, she's not going to qualify as mental. This is some very evil stuff. With all that has been going on this week, I am ill and so disillusioned with the world....more than usual......

That is not even sinking in yet.  What 15 year old would dig a grave to get ready for murder?  It feels so wrong just to be typing that.  If in fact it is true, was Elizabeth just at the wrong place at the wrong time, or had she also chosen her in advance?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »

I don't know if I can take knowing more. The things going on are so alien that I'm not really comprehending it all.......It's like all the memories of how Nevaeh, Sandra, Caylee, and all the others were found come screaming at me and doesn't compute in my mind. I hate this.
I know exactly what you are saying  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: October 24, 2009, 08:49:59 PM »

That is not even sinking in yet.  What 15 year old would dig a grave to get ready for murder?  It feels so wrong just to be typing that.  If in fact it is true, was Elizabeth just at the wrong place at the wrong time, or had she also chosen her in advance?
I wouldn't even know how to answer that, she could have chosen her because she didn't like her, or Elizabeth was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. But I think she chose her, for whatever sick reason.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: October 24, 2009, 08:51:30 PM »

I'm basically a logical type person and when I get into things that I can't relate to then I get thrown for a loop. Hopefully I'll level out soon, it's just been a lousy week and nothing compared to what these parents are going through. May they find peace again, I doubt I would be able to.......
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: October 24, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »

hello Monkeys, I too have been reading on other sites and I think it is probably true that this suspect is a girl, around here where I live there's alot of kids wearing the black and trying to look gothic, in rural area;s where there's not a lot to do, these teenagers try to make up for it by trying to get attention by how they look, dressing in black and wearing black makeup, but for the most part its harmless and after awhile it gets old to them and they stop, but some go too far and really get into it, I wouldnt doubt if this girl is the suspect that she was trying to look like a true gothic and planned this and followed it through, just to get attention, if true ...poor Elizabeth, she probably never had any idea that she had been chosen by this sick person to do this to....What is the world coming too when 15 year olds are this heartless.......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: October 24, 2009, 09:58:58 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:53:12 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: October 24, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:53:34 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #712 on: October 24, 2009, 10:02:36 PM »

Please bear with me, but I have a question or two.

Do y'all know how long Elizabeth has been friends with the girl that she was visiting?

Could it be that the older child (if an older child is the suspect) told the little girl to befriend Elizabeth and lure her in? Then the "friend" felt guilty about befriending Elizabeth and told on the suspect?

Just wondering, back to lurking. JSM 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: October 24, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

Do y'all know how long Elizabeth has been friends with the girl that she was visiting?

Could it be that the older child (if an older child is the suspect) told the little girl to befriend Elizabeth and lure her in? Then the "friend" felt guilty about befriending Elizabeth and told on the suspect?

JSM there has been nothing at all in the news about the friend she was with, which in itself I find very odd.  All we know is that the Grandfather told her to go home at 6:15. 
How many kids live in the friends house has not been stated nor how long they were friends.  Another neighbour did state that she would cut through the front yards to go home often, so I am guessing it was not unusually for her to be at the friends house.  That house has been built some time after 2006.  Whether she knew the friend before that we do not know.  There was also one article about an older girl who babysat her but I am not sure if it was in relation to the friends house she was at. 

All great questions that have not been officially answered.

Please don't lurk.   an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: October 24, 2009, 10:20:50 PM »

Elizabeth Kay Olten
(December 15, 1999 - October 21, 2009)

Elizabeth Kay Olten, 9, of Jefferson City, was welcomed into the arms of the angels on Wednesday, October 21, 2009. She was born December 15, 1999, in Jefferson City, a daughter of Patricia “Patty” (Carwile) Preiss and Dale Olten, Sr.
Elizabeth was currently a fourth grade student and Pioneer Trails Elementary School in Jefferson City. She was a lover of music, and some of her favorites included Hannah Montana and Taylor Swift. She loved horses, playing with her friends, and especially enjoyed baking cookies and doing puzzles with her mom. She also loved to play dress-up with her animals.

She survived by her mother: Patty Preiss of the home; her father: Dale Olten, Sr. of Bowling Green; two sisters: Stephanie Adrian (husband Alex) of Jefferson City; Candice Olten of Columbia; two brothers: Anthony Olten of the home; Dale Olten, Jr. of Bowling Green; maternal great-grandmother: Eula Hopkins of Owensville; maternal grandmother: Sandra Corn (husband Harold) of Sullivan; two aunts: Cindy Spurgeon (husband Randy) of Owensville; Pam Sills (husband Mike) of Jefferson City; one uncle: Rick Carwile (girlfriend Debbie) of Owensville; a niece: Jaidence Adrian of Jefferson City; a nephew: Kaiden Adrian of Jefferson City; an honorary dad: Gary Bemboom of Jefferson City and several cousins. She was preceded in death by her maternal great-grandfather: Louis Hopkins.

Elizabeth’s Family would like to sincerely thank all of the volunteers who showed up to help, Peggy from Missouri Missing and all of the Law Enforcement agencies that assisted in any way. We truly appreciate you surrounding our family with your love and compassion at this difficult time.

Friends will be received from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday at the Houser-Millard Funeral Home. Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 28, 2009, at Concord Baptist Church, with the Rev. Dr. Monte Shinkle officiating. Elizabeth loved horses and will be taken in an antique horse drawn carriage to her final resting place at Hawthorn Memorial Gardens. Expressions of sympathy may be made to Missouri Missing in memory of Elizabeth Olten. Arrangements are under the direction of HOUSER-MILLARD Funeral Directors, 2613 West Main Street; Jefferson City, Missouri 65109. (573) 636-3838. www.millardfamilychapels.com

http://www.millardfamilychapels.com/
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #715 on: October 24, 2009, 10:28:09 PM »

JSM there has been nothing at all in the news about the friend she was with, which in itself I find very odd.  All we know is that the Grandfather told her to go home at 6:15. 
How many kids live in the friends house has not been stated nor how long they were friends.  Another neighbour did state that she would cut through the front yards to go home often, so I am guessing it was not unusually for her to be at the friends house.  That house has been built some time after 2006.  Whether she knew the friend before that we do not know.  There was also one article about an older girl who babysat her but I am not sure if it was in relation to the friends house she was at. 

All great questions that have not been officially answered.

Please don't lurk.   an angelic monkey
Thanks Northern.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »

I think that it is a female who murdered Elizabeth, otherwise, they wouldn't be keeping it so hush hush...jmo

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: October 24, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »

I'm basically a logical type person and when I get into things that I can't relate to then I get thrown for a loop. Hopefully I'll level out soon, it's just been a lousy week and nothing compared to what these parents are going through. May they find peace again, I doubt I would be able to.......
N2WISHIN, I think you have vocalized how we have all been feeling the past few days. It really has been a terrible week. I have been where you are many times since I first started following these cases. We try to steel ourselves to the awful facts, and then when we hear the awful facts they are worse than we even imagined, and it leaves us reeling. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: October 24, 2009, 10:54:41 PM »

I think that it is a female who murdered Elizabeth, otherwise, they wouldn't be keeping it so hush hush...jmo

I think it probably is too, COOKIE. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out why LE would think being a female would matter being disclosed. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.