May 29, 2024, 04:58:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UID Teen found in Manhattan w/no memory of family/name(ID'd Kacie Peterson)  (Read 13112 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 04:12:54 PM »

are we sure this is a girl?   

lol

seriously, some teenage boys are very effeminate looking nowadays...makeup, hair...
but I suppose they would know that by now if she is a female or not...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »

Yes.....I am also thinking that perhaps 'someone' cut her hair...it doesn't look like a professional cut 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »

Sort of nice for a change to find a childs family rather then the family tryign to find the child. I like it this way much better.

The other pics look nothing like amber, but there was one on cnn that really had my wondering. She looks a bit like Kara, I hope it is her, if not then her family is found soon. What ar the odds of a case like this?
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »

Metro US News World News Real Estate
 Residential

Commercial

Weird But True Crime Lottery StoryCommentWandering 'Jane Doe' missing Wash. girlBy MURRAY WEISS and JOHN DOYLE

Last Updated: 7:13 PM, October 24, 2009

Posted: 7:00 PM, October 24, 2009

The mystery of the amnesia-stricken Jane Doe found wandering near Times Square two weeks ago has been solved.<p>
               </p><br>
The young woman has been identified as an 18-year-old from Washington State who was reported missing earlier this month.<p>
               </p><br>
Police have not yet released her name, but are talking with the girl’s family to arrange whether they will come here to pick her up or if she will be flown home.<p>
               </p><br>
"We are trying to determine how long she was here in New York and what occurred, if anything, in the days prior to her being found here," said a police spokesperson.<p>
               </p><br>
The break in the case came thanks to a call to the NYPD tip hotline from an as yet unidentified caller. They were able to use that tip to figure out who she was and reach out to her family.<p>
               </p><br>
The mystery girl first came to police attention on Oct. 9, when she was picked up outside the Covenant House shelter near Port Authority. She was dressed in tattered clothing and had no ID and no apparent memory of who she was or how she got to midtown.<p>
               </p><br>
With the girl in the custody of the Administration for Children’s Services, police solicited the public’s help in determining her identity after a fingerprint check turned up no matches.<p>
               </p><br>
The one clue they were able to determine was that she had memorized passages of the 2003 fantasy novel, "Fool’s Gold."<p>
               </p><br>
 print email  share
 buzz
 digg
 reddit
 fark it
 facebook
 rss The mystery of the amnesia-stricken Jane Doe found wandering near Times Square two weeks ago has been solved.

The young woman has been identified as an 18-year-old from Washington State who was reported missing earlier this month.

Police have not yet released her name, but are talking with the girl’s family to arrange whether they will come here to pick her up or if she will be flown home.

"We are trying to determine how long she was here in New York and what occurred, if anything, in the days prior to her being found here," said a police spokesperson.

This 18-year-old Washington woman was found wandering in Times Square earlier this month, with no idea who she was or how she'd gotten to New York. Police are reuniting her with her parents.The break in the case came thanks to a call to the NYPD tip hotline from an as yet unidentified caller. They were able to use that tip to figure out who she was and reach out to her family.

The mystery girl first came to police attention on Oct. 9, when she was picked up outside the Covenant House shelter near Port Authority. She was dressed in tattered clothing and had no ID and no apparent memory of who she was or how she got to midtown.

With the girl in the custody of the Administration for Children’s Services, police solicited the public’s help in determining her identity after a fingerprint check turned up no matches.

The one clue they were able to determine was that she had memorized passages of the 2003 fantasy novel, "Fool’s Gold."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/wandering_jane_doe_missing_wash_fFVTngMWklkx2TcmkB9exH

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 08:30:02 PM »

I dont guess this girl was reported missing, or something, because I can't find anything on anyone from Washington that matches her description
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »

Originally Posted by Claycat  http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17736&page=5
I found a Kacie Aleece Peterson who went missing in Washington state early in October. There was no photo. She was 18, blond, and blue-eyed. There were no dental records. Considering the condition of her teeth, it might be her. The height was wrong, but there are often errors in height and weight.

I hope they will check very carefully and make sure she is going back to a good situation. Sometimes people can't remember things, because of a traumatic event. Just my thoughts...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »

Something is wayyyy off about this story. Too strange....someone in Maryland sees the girls photo and says "Oh gee whiz...that is 'so-in-so" from Washington State---her parents just reported her missing.

Something isn't right.....wait and see. IF we ever find out details. Somehow I have doubts we will ever hear 'the rest of the story'.....

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 06:49:25 PM »

agreed
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »

OK....here we go>>>

That Teen With Amnesia Wandering Around New York City? She's From Hansville
CNN viewer credited with identifying girl found in Manhattan two weeks ago.

Updated 03:26 p.m., October 25, 2009

A young woman believed to be suffering from amnesia after being found wandering around New York City two weeks ago has been identified this weekend as a Hansville resident and part-time Kingston High School student.

Kitsap County Sheriff's deputies reported that the 18-year-old woman was identified as Kacie Peterson. Her family has flown to New York to bring her home.

A CNN story indicated that a viewer in Maryland identified the woman who reportedly arrived in Manhattan and said she had no memory of family or her own name.

A missing person's report was filed Oct. 2 with Kitsap County. KCSO spokesman Scott Wilson said deputies found bank activity and other evidence that she "wasn't a missing person 'per se.'"

Wilson said the woman had been living with a friend of her deceased mother in Hansville and that she had been taking classes at Kingston High School.

The girl's father, who lives in Eastern Washington, told deputies the girl has had amnesiac episodes in the past.

Wilson had no information about how Peterson made it to New York City or why she was there.

More information will be posted when it becomes available. Readers with any information about Peterson are asked to call Sun reporter Steven Gardner at (360) 792-3343.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2009/oct/25/girl-amnesia-nyc-hansville/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Mystery_Teen_With_No_Memory_Identified_mb_200910251256499294023
Mystery Teen With No Memory Identified

Updated: Sunday, 25 Oct 2009, 2:35 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 25 Oct 2009, 2:32 PM CDT

By MIKE BRODY

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - An 18-year-old girl who turned up in New York City two weeks ago and claimed she had no recollection of her name, family or hometown has been identified as a resident of Washington state.

The Seattle Times reports that the NYPD confirmed the girl's identity late Saturday night and her parents were flying to New York. Police have not revealed her name.

According to the New York City Administration for Children's Services, police picked up the teen after midnight Oct. 9 outside the Covenant House shelter near Times Square.

"I just want to know who I am," the New York Post reported the girl told Children's Services . "I want to know who I am and what happened to me."

According to the Post , the turning point in the case came when an as-yet unidentified person called in with a tip to the NYPD hotline after seeing the girl's photo.

Amnesia is a profound memory loss which is usually caused either by physical injury to the brain or by the ingestion of a toxic substance which affects the brain. There are no laboratory tests that can confirm amnesia nor are there any physical conditions that identify the condition, but police experts and psychiatrists don't believe the girl was faking.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 07:21:15 PM »

Sunday, October 25, 2009 - Page updated at 04:00 p.m.
Mystery teen in New York identified as Kitsap County resident

By Jennifer Sullivan and Nick Perry
Seattle Times staff reporters
An 18-year-old woman who turned up in the heart of New York City two weeks ago with apparent amnesia is a Kitsap County teen who was reported missing on Oct. 2, according to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office.

Kacie Peterson, who was reported missing from Hansville, a small town north of Kingston, was picked up by New York City police outside a shelter near Times Square on Oct. 9, authorities said. It's unclear how the 18-year-old woman traveled to New York from her home near Kingston, said Kingston County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson.

Over the past several hours, New York police and Kingston County sheriff's investigators have identified Peterson as the memory-impaired woman, Wilson said. Peterson's family has flown to New York to bring her home.

New York City's Administration for Children's Services has been housing Peterson but officials there declined to comment today.

The New York Post reported Saturday that the break in the case came in a call to the NYPD tip hotline from an as-yet-unidentified caller.

Wilson said there have been multiple confirmations that the woman in custody in New York is indeed the woman missing from the Kingston-area. He said the missing person's report is now closed.

When Peterson was found in New York she was wearing tattered clothing and didn't have identification.

A shelter spokesman told the Post the woman wasn't a resident at the shelter and workers didn't recognize her.

"I just want to know who I am," Children's Services quoted the teen as saying last week. "I want to know who I am and what happened to me."

Authorities said the teen told them she had no memories of her name, home or family. Police experts and psychiatrists didn't believe she was faking.

After finding the teen, Children's Services teamed up with the NYPD and law-enforcement agencies nationwide in an attempt to identify her. Children's Services said the teen wrote down the name "Amber" and, at one point, responded to the name, but last week officials were unsure if that was her real name.

Peterson did recall some words from the fantasy novel "Fool's Fate" by best-selling author Robin Hobb. She also told authorities she'd been writing a fantasy story featuring a heroine named Rian.

She had no problem doing the math portion of study materials for a GED exam but had no memory of the history or science materials, authorities said.

Wilson said that Peterson has a history of memory loss. He said that the woman's father, who lives in Colville, in northeast Washington, told investigators that she once vanished from the family home and when she was later found, lying on the ground near a stream, she couldn't remember how she got there.

Peterson's father reported her missing to the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office on Oct. 2, Wilson said. Peterson's father has been in contact with Kitsap County law enforcement and is aware that his daughter has been located in New York.

Peterson moved to Hansville from Colville in the last several months to live with her late mother's best friend, Wilson said. Peterson had attended Kingston High School part-time, Wilson added.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2010135633.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »

Archives from Colville High 2nd Semester Honor Roll     
Wednesday, 11 July 2007 

Sophomores

Chelsey Bell, Ryan Christian, Hailey Dannenbring, Shelby Denney, Patrick Flanigan, Jessica Flowers, Jasmine Hankey, Brian Hunt, Corey Knadler, Ian Lake, Whitley Luu, Kacie Peterson, Melissa Rhodehouse, Jennifer Stebbins, Joshua Williams, Hannah Winterowd, Liliya Yangolenko.

http://www.statesmanexaminer.com/content/view/4986/60/

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »

Hey cartfly!  I think this topic is already in the Missing: Found Safe.  Just thought I'd let ya know.

Thanks Linds! I originally posted this in missing persons because I was not quite sure where to post it. I thought I had posted it on Friday night but I must have posted it around the same time Ariana. Anyway, I am so excited that she has been identified and I wish the young lady well. It sure is nice to have some good news for a change!!

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »

Hey cartfly!  I think this topic is already in the Missing: Found Safe.  Just thought I'd let ya know.

Thanks Linds! I originally posted this in missing persons because I was not quite sure where to post it. I thought I had posted it on Friday night but I must have posted it around the same time Ariana. Anyway, I am so excited that she has been identified and I wish the young lady well. It sure is nice to have some good news for a change!!

especially this week!
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 01:22:20 AM »

This seems like good news, but the fact that there were no dental records worries me.  Do some people never take their kids to the dentist? 

Nut, something still bothers me about this case.  Why has she had amnesiac episodes?  How did she end up clear across country?  This whole thing is strange!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 08:34:24 AM »

Oh yeah Clay.... definitely 'HINKY'

Oh, by the way...nice job locating her missing report before she was ID! Washington State doesn't put photos on their site for the missing (pretty stupid of them, imo) SO...how did the woman from Maryland recognize her from a missing report out of Washington? I am still confused but my hinky meter is blowing its top  Cool

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »

So when her dad came to get her....

did she suddenly remember everything?
did she know him?
did it all magically come back to her?
or... are they sending her 'home' to someone she does not recognize?? This is all just too strange. Hinky meter is in over drive w/ me.

hinkdinkydododododododododododooooo

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 08:43:28 PM »

Missing teen will be on her way back to Washington
Kitsap County authorities are curious how a missing teen with amnesia got from Washington state to New York City, but since the case is not criminal, the investigation is now out of their hands.

October 26, 2009
SEATTLE —
Kitsap County authorities are curious how a missing teen with amnesia got from Washington state to New York City, but since the case is not criminal, the investigation is now out of their hands.

Now that Kacie Peterson, 18, has been found and and is known to be safe, what happens next is up to her family and New York authorities, Kitsap County sheriff's Detective Scott Wilson said Monday.

The New York City police said Peterson's case has been referred to the the city's Administration for Children's Services. An agency spokeswoman said Monday that Peterson was still in New York and that they won't be giving out information about her case.

Most missing-person cases involve an elderly person with cognitive issues who wanders away from caregivers, Wilson said, adding that the second most common involves a toddler. Calls about older teens - especially those with amnesia - are rare.

These cases are also difficult to investigate, because Peterson, who was last seen in Washington at Kingston High School during the last week of September, is an adult and could have decided she needed a vacation or was having trouble at home.

"This was more of a seek-and-find," Wilson said of the young woman who was reported missing on Oct. 2.

The evidence in this case points clearly to a young woman with a recurring health problem, he said.

Kacie has been treated for amnesia, including an incident in May, her father, Henry Peterson of Colville, Wash., told investigators. Authorities found no evidence of coercion or kidnapping.

She left everything at the house where she was staying with a family friend in Hansville, Wash., including her purse, her wallet and her cell phone.

Investigators didn't have a lot of information until someone identified her by calling the New York police tip hotline after seeing her picture in the news, Wilson said.

"I just want to know who I am," Children's Services quoted the young woman as saying last week. "I want to know who I am and what happened to me."

She was picked up by New York police outside a shelter near Times Square on Oct. 9 and had no memories of her name, home or family, Wilson said.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010140839_apwajanedoefound1stldwritethru.html#

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »

Oh yeah Clay.... definitely 'HINKY'

Oh, by the way...nice job locating her missing report before she was ID! Washington State doesn't put photos on their site for the missing (pretty stupid of them, imo) SO...how did the woman from Maryland recognize her from a missing report out of Washington? I am still confused but my hinky meter is blowing its top  Cool

Thanks, Nut!  Yeah, I don't understand why they don't have any photos on their site.  I agree about the hinky meter.  I just don't know what we can do about it.  It's too bad we can't be watching the reunion! 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 08:02:47 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/26/teen.jane.doe/

snipped.....
The teen's father, Henry Peterson of Colville, Washington, told Kitsap County authorities his daughter had occasional memory lapses, Wilson said.

In May, Kacie Peterson was found lying on the ground next to a creek at the family farm, Wilson said. She had blacked out and did not remember who she was, he said. Kacie Peterson was briefly hospitalized after the incident, he said.

Her father also told investigators that in another incident his daughter was found unconscious on her bedroom floor, Wilson said.

Henry Peterson reported his daughter missing on October 2, Wilson said, after the family friend she lived with told him that the last time she saw Kacie Peterson was September 30. Kacie Peterson moved in June from eastern Washington with her father to western Washington to live with a friend of her mother, who died when she was 7, Wilson said. Henry Peterson told police he agreed to the transition, Wilson said.

The teen's father described their relationship as "difficult" and "that he had put too much pressure on his daughter to do well and get good grades," Wilson said.

Kacie Peterson, a high school senior, started anew at Kingston High School in Kingston, Washington, but only attended for three weeks, said Chris Case, director of community relations for North Kitsap school district. Enrolled in the Running Start program there, Kacie Peterson had two advanced placement classes at the school and also classes at Olympic College in Poulsbo, about 10 miles away, Case said.

Kingston high school officials said Kacie Peterson was quiet, shy and that "she had no friends," Wilson said.

The last time she showed up for class was on September 29, Case said.

The next time some employees of the school saw the student she was sporting a new look.

"The school here is telling me she had long hair past her shoulders," Case said. In the photo New York police showed of the teen during their investigation to identify her, Kacie Peterson had hair that looked only about a couple of inches long on top and tapered low on the sides.

and this part still bothers me....

A photo of the then-unidentified woman aired on CNN, and a viewer in Maryland who was familiar with Kacie Peterson alerted authorities. Police established a positive identification.

Perhaps she was trying to get to THIS persons home???

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.