April 26, 2024, 12:27:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI Kitties don't like swirlies  (Read 6073 times)
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« on: December 12, 2006, 01:01:59 PM »

I have my niece today so her Mom could go to an appt.  She's 18 months and full of it.

When they came over this morning I noticed  that Emma had a few scratches on her face and hands.  I then proceeded to ask Emma if she and the kitty had a little mishap.

Her Momma told me that she caught Emma in the bathroom with the kitty holding on for dear life as she was giving the cat a "heads first" into the toilet!  

Kitty is doing fine after her swirlie, and Emma survived a time out in the pack n play.  

I think that Kitty will steer clear of Emma for a while  Wink

Maine, born and raised!
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

Mrs Darth,
I think Kitty may steer clear of your niece forever. LOL
I used to have a cat that I bathed. He did not like it at all but tolerated it. He hated the hair dryer worse though. I made sure I had on gloves to dry him.

Our last cat I would have never dared try to bathe. I think he would have scratched me to pieces. JMHO

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:10:28 PM »

I have one kitty who tolerates it ( loudly), one who would tear me to pieces if I tried it again, and a dog who doesn't like bathing at all, but would never do anything to me. He suffers through it meekly.  I use pet wipes on the kitty who hates water, and it keeps her clean and smelling nice.
I once had  kitten who was lost in the house. I called and called, and finally could hear him meowing in a scared tone. It took me another 30 minutes to find him.....in the toilet! He had fallen in and jarred the lid down, so he couldn't get out. He was so scared he was quiet until he heard me calling for him. I have never left a toilet lid up when kittens are around after that. It was kinds funny though. When I lifted the lid, he shot out of there he'd been shot out of a cannon.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:34:47 PM »

awww,  poor kitty, I can't imagine how scared he was with the lid shut down on him too.

Maine, born and raised!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
awww,  poor kitty, I can't imagine how scared he was with the lid shut down on him too.

I know. I bathed him and cuddled him as much as he would let me. You know how they are when they are about 3-4 months old - kinda in the wild stage. And he was starving!  Laughing

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »

Poor little kitten in the potty! And poor kitty who was almost in the potty! Milo enjoys watching the water eddy, but wants no part of it beyond that.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.