April 26, 2024, 06:28:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "We cannot spend money on wasteful extravagances and golf-days..."  (Read 1494 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: October 27, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

Wisdom from over the pond...

Towards a new growth path

Economic development is in part about financial and sectoral coordination....we have to explore options for promoting the development of our mining industry, lowering costs in telecommunications and transport, expanding tourism, enhancing technology and developing further trade opportunities, drawing where appropriate on international experience.

The recent report by the Commission on Growth and Development...offered the following summary of the strategies followed by thirteen countries that succeeded in expanding national output and incomes by over 7 per cent a year for at least 25 years:

·      They fully exploited the world economy... "They imported what the rest of the world knew, and exported what it wanted";

·      They maintained macroeconomic stability, by focusing on keeping inflation low and budget deficits moderate;

·      They mustered high rates of saving and investment to finance economic growth;

·      They let markets allocate resources, including in economic downturns, and provided appropriate training and skills development to enable people to move from declining to rising sectors; and

·      They had committed, credible, and capable governments that held public agencies accountable and sought to achieve long-term targets that were publicly articulated.

Towards a new social compact

Honourable Speaker, we have stated our five strategic priorities for the medium term:

·      Creating jobs;

·      Enhancing education and skills development;

·      Improving health services;

·      Rural development and agriculture; and

·      Intensifying the fight against crime and corruption.

Does the Obama administration have any interest in fighting  crime and corruption? 

Auditing the Federal Reserve?  Corruption rolls down and organization.  Those in charge of the national purse should operation above suspicion and in the light of day. jmho

read more here - http://www.moneywebtax.co.za/moneywebtax/view/moneywebtax/en/page197?oid=42543&sn=Detail

In the US, the government is trying to outrun a tsunami of debt, spend our way out of bankruptcy, and have the cleanest third world nation in history.

No jobs for Americans.  No prosperity.  No place at the table.

Why is the US on the road to Banana Republic status?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »

Contrast this action plan with "Tell the taxpayers I can't be bothered with the wars, the economy, or unemployment...I'm campaigning..."

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.