April 23, 2024, 07:06:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726625 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »

My question .. did mother work at the Jacksonville office or the orange park office on 1409 Kingsley also the web site states "The offices of Drs. Imray and Gesek are open Monday - Thursday from 8 am until 5 pm, and Friday from 7:30 am until 2 pm" Thank you

Hi Candycane, and welcome to the cage!

According to the police report, Diena works at the Park Street address.
The police report states the employers address in Jacksonville but that does not always mean that your work location. Since they also have a location according to there web site around the corner on Kingsley is it not possible she worked at that location. If the girl were very upset and Mom worked there she could have been running to that location and not running home.

I see that they have two addresses. The Kingsley address is indeed a mile away from Somer's home.

The Park Street address is ~24 miles away.

Diena did list her employer's address as the Park Street one.

But she did come home "for lunch" with the "family friend."

So it sounds more plausible that she would work at the Kingsley address.

However, she reported Park Street address as her place of employment.

So ... I dunno. These are just the facts that I do know. I think Wink

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »

I don't care if they raised 20.00, 20,000.00 or 200,000.00 and just gave it to them. The money was for them and it was given freely and from the hearts of the persons who gave it. The persons who gave it didn't ask for a receipt or an accounting for funds. Diena won't be able to work for a long time. She has 3 other kids at home and can you imagine going to work again and letting the kids walk to school ? There is a predator on the loose that just killed a precious girl. .
She is going to take years to heal up to possibly normal on a good day.
She has just had a traumatic shock. She just buried a child this week.
Pick on the predators whose pictures we see here. If it wasn't one of them, it was one just like them.
Sure look close to home. Neighbours, people passing through in the course of the day that you see every day. She doesn't owe us an explanation of how long she was with this boyfriend, why it looked as if she had makeup on or some smirk. Or anything.
She didn't set up some foundation for funds or sell stinky ANT bears. She didn't solicit funds from anyone. 

Kat,
Sorry if I offended you with my questions about the fundraising...Please et me clarify something: First, I'm not suggesting that the money has anything to do with the case or that it should reflect poorly on Diena or any of the family. I agree that any mother (or father/sister/brother) of a murder victim deserves to have extra money to take care of their family in a time of terrible grief. However, I was merely asking for examples of other cases where this large amount of money has been raised, is the commonplace? I was also wanting to look at it philosophically. Unfortunately, many people in this world endure heartbreaking traumatic events and it would be a wonderful thing if we could give to all of them. I don't think that is the case, however.
I have no doubt in my mind that Somer's mom and siblings will have broken hearts for the rest of their lives. But I'm not sure if money will change that. In fact, it may bring on a negative impact based on some of the comments I see on news websites. Everyone knows what Diena looks like and where she lives...If she needs a new car or a hair cut or new clothes, people may be watching her and judging her. Unfortunately that's how humans are sometimes.
My own personal belief is that the money raised by the Victim's Advocacy and Crimestoppers to find the murderer is a terrific way for the community to support the Thompson family. It's also my belief that helping them with the funeral costs and other costs related to this crime is a terrific gift. I'm just not sure how it will be perceived by other family and friends of victims if they receive hundreds of thousands of dollars. Even charities that benefit hundreds of people have to be audited. Most people don't just say "It's ok--I'm sure it'll be put to good use."

This is no personal attack on the family. Just the opposite...I hope no one tried to take advantage of this especially while they are in shock and unable to think clearly. 

I'm sure the Thompson family will make good use of that money and perhaps the excess will be used to help others to honor Somer's memory.

I do want to say, though, that it's insulting to suggest that we're picking on the family and not the predators. I just like discussing these matters openly in this type of forum vs. openly on some news website. It has nothing to do with wanting justice or peace for our community.

Below is the latest about the various fundraisers and some of the comments from some readers.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21405716/detail.html

Good night, all.

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »

The soot remark and the house.
Fire was three months ago.
There were construction dumpsters with what was pulled out of the house.
The construction dumpsters were full weren't they ? I am pretty sure I saw a pic of a LE guy going thru one filled to the brim. Those things are never picked up by reg. garbage, it is usually the contractor who takes that stuff away after.
She could have been in there at first for a while. Then moved to another dumpster later that night ( Monday ) or the next day ( Tuesday ). Or stuck her in a vehicle using stuff from dumpster in the yard to cover her up.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »

just reading and catching up..
good work Monkeys...

talk to you all tomorrow...this case is really getting to me, as they all do..
such a sweet innocent baby...did not deserve what happened to her, none of them do...

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:45 PM »

Samuel Thompson, father of Somer Thompson stated on NG that LE had informed him that there was some soot on Somer's body.
i love sleuthing with you guys but honestly in this case i don't want to hear what le said to a family member and expected that family member to keep it from the public... i do not want any leeks from the media f'ing this one up... but if le didn't tell us about the soot then we (the public) probably weren't supposed to know that...
for some reason i have a feeling that this guy is watching the case closely and if he is smart he would be checking the blogs and most likely this very forum i hope that wasn't a headstart for him to bolt...
while i'm at it
KLAAS \ the other day with the joshua hollars post/ban you mentioned recently approving a lot of new members were there any other recent member requests that have yet to post here? and from your ads in the right column i can tell that this is a site where page views are tracked or else what do you present for stats to your potential advertisers... anyways are there any new members local to that area that visit this thread but have not posted? just curious and no i don't expect you to out the posters but if there are/were any you might want to weigh them out on your hinky meter... if le is right and he is following the case this is one of the top missing persons websites... you might have a tip to call in... just saying

Just a point I'd like to make. One does not have to be a member to read here.

And if the person responsible for Somer's death were watching closely and reading here, I sincerely doubt that he/she/they would register.

JMO.

Brandi--
I agree with you 100%. Also, if a person were to have the nerve to register, they may in fact post, just for "fun." Point being, I don't think we could predict/control that. Also, I'd like to point out that today the site said I had been signed on for "5 hours" when I had just gotten home from work. So I must have forgotten to log out? Not sure, but I don't think time logged on is a good indication of anything. (except airheaded-ness perhaps!) Man, I am tired, LOL 

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2009, 10:50:41 PM »

good work Monkeys...

such a sweet innocent baby...did not deserve what happened to her, none of them do...

I agree, cookie. When I visited Somer's place at the cemetery the other morning, I cried and felt sick the rest of the day (and have felt awful all week, actually). I can't even read the posts about what may or may not have been done to her body...Someone on the news said there is a "War on Girls" and although I hate to think that way, it certainly seems to be the sad truth. This is 2009! Have we not advanced any as a human race? Too much violence. 

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »

lol. peacelove

I am tired too. I will check in tomorrow. Hopefully they will be closer to catching the monster who did this. Have a good night everyone.

Thank you for welcoming me to this discussion.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:34 PM »

Nite Peacelove and FindingAnswers! 
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2009, 11:26:48 PM »

Samuel Thompson, father of Somer Thompson stated on NG that LE had informed him that there was some soot on Somer's body.
i love sleuthing with you guys but honestly in this case i don't want to hear what le said to a family member and expected that family member to keep it from the public... i do not want any leeks from the media f'ing this one up... but if le didn't tell us about the soot then we (the public) probably weren't supposed to know that...
for some reason i have a feeling that this guy is watching the case closely and if he is smart he would be checking the blogs and most likely this very forum i hope that wasn't a headstart for him to bolt...
while i'm at it
KLAAS \ the other day with the joshua hollars post/ban you mentioned recently approving a lot of new members were there any other recent member requests that have yet to post here? and from your ads in the right column i can tell that this is a site where page views are tracked or else what do you present for stats to your potential advertisers... anyways are there any new members local to that area that visit this thread but have not posted? just curious and no i don't expect you to out the posters but if there are/were any you might want to weigh them out on your hinky meter... if le is right and he is following the case this is one of the top missing persons websites... you might have a tip to call in... just saying

Just a point I'd like to make. One does not have to be a member to read here.

And if the person responsible for Somer's death were watching closely and reading here, I sincerely doubt that he/she/they would register.

JMO.

Brandi--
I agree with you 100%. Also, if a person were to have the nerve to register, they may in fact post, just for "fun." Point being, I don't think we could predict/control that. Also, I'd like to point out that today the site said I had been signed on for "5 hours" when I had just gotten home from work. So I must have forgotten to log out? Not sure, but I don't think time logged on is a good indication of anything. (except airheaded-ness perhaps!) Man, I am tired, LOL 
brandi i knew that about not having to register to read here and i originally assumed that the poster would do just that only read here... but if this is someone that has done this before then he is a child serial killer (well 3 kills makes a serial but you get my point) and the statement that le put out about they have strong reason to believe that he is following the case is odd to me... why say that they never said that in haleigh or any other case that i can remember... is this a killer that likes to toy with police? if it is you can bet that they would like to toy with media like peek a boo here i am in your shot and most likely toy with bloggers like hhhm le is so dumb why haven't they ever connected these 2 cases before etc etc... serial killers want to be caught and they get pissed when no one does and it prompts them to do it again and how did the fbi get so involved right away and feel the need to explain how they got involved... were they possibly familiar with the killer already? we have conflicting reports i read that the fbi thinks this guy is an ammateur yet a poster claims that john walsh and fbi think he has done it before...
i'm just saying if he is a repeated murderer and le feels as though he is watching them then this is not your normal s/o case it is something alot bigger he doesn't kill for the gratification of killing he kills for te gratification of being hunted and playing little games along the way to prove he is superior...
if it were a suspected serial killer then le would never tell you that they wouldn't want the panic... i live up in mass and every 3 yrs or so they find a dead hooker in the same spot of town hidden in plain site... like under a cardboard box in a parking lot... weird stuff like that .... and there is another separate strain of hooker killings that he dumps them along a certain highway and then there is this
http://wbztv.com/local/worcester/Worcester.Prostitute.Killings.2.717025.html
there are at least 3 different rings of mo and they are obviously the same people doing them.. this is over an almost 30 yr span...
yet it was never mentioned about a serial killer and even to this day if you ask anyone if they thought there was a serial killer on the loose they would say no because it is too unbarable to imagine and i live in a major city
now i'm rambling like an airhead my point is there might be a lot more going on then we know about or then le or fbi is willing to tell us...
and yes some people are sicko's that like to toy with people so i do not find it absurd that they would register here... would they use their real name or a real email addy ... i doubt it but i am not convinced that they wouldn't want to post... what about all the serial killers that sent hand written letters to radio/news stations
this may have even been cross country and not necessarily local i can rattle off names of others missing right after school.. like the jennifer girl a poster posted about... the gibbs girl that was taken off her street in broad daylight no witnesses and her bike wheel stillspinning when her sister came back outside moments later...
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »

My question .. did mother work at the Jacksonville office or the orange park office on 1409 Kingsley also the web site states "The offices of Drs. Imray and Gesek are open Monday - Thursday from 8 am until 5 pm, and Friday from 7:30 am until 2 pm" Thank you

The police report states the employers address in Jacksonville but that does not always mean that your work location. Since they also have a location according to there web site around the corner on Kingsley is it not possible she worked at that location. If the girl were very upset and Mom worked there she could have been running to that location and not running home.

I see that they have two addresses. The Kingsley address is indeed a mile away from Somer's home.

maybe one is the official mailing address/main office and one is the actual see patients office... i would guess if she went home for lunch then maybe the closer one...
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2009, 01:20:58 AM »

Madmom..

In the last thread, I read your posts about Somer's mother, the videos, and your take on what seems could be smirk/smile, expressions not congruent with anger, and etc. 

I watched the videos you gave links to, thanks for those, by the way.  Helps to see what you are referring to.  Am bringing those links over in this post (incl below), just for reference. 

I watched all three videos below, with the sound OFF, just so I could watch her expressions better.  Got my impressions, then rewatched the three videos to see how her expressions matched up with her words, etc.  Interesting! 

I do see what you are saying, it does seem that in the 2nd and 3rd video below, the way she's holding her mouth "could be" seen as a smirk/smile.  Only saw that once, very fleeting in the 1st video. 

Mainly I watched her eyes.  Which, didn't match up well with her other expressions, IMO.  Again, in the 2nd and 3rd videos, her eyes at many times seem to "light up" with excitement, while she has the smirk/smile, yet neither seem to be congruent with each other or with her words of either grief/anger at the given moment.  Three different things going on at the same time?  (excitement, smirk/smile, grief/anger).  Seems to me that's why it doesn't 'seem' congruent.  To be fully congruent, the eyes/mouth/words will match up. 

A few times, during a recall moment, she looks off to the right rather than the left, which is suspicious to me.  (recalling something, a person looks to the left.  looking to the right at a moment like that is 'being creative', thinking up something good to say, and/or flat out lying.. not saying which it is for her, not without seeing her in person etc, just making that comment).   

IMO, good catch, Madmom! 

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m10d24-Somer-Thompson-case-Diena-Thompson-speaks-out-warns-daughters-killer-video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUp6Zn8LBD4

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5413196n&tag=related;photovideo

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2009, 02:40:03 AM »

Hi Wyks! Good to see you!

Just wanted to add one thing about eye movements:

A typical left-handed person would have the opposite meanings for their eye-directions.

Not sure if Diena is left-handed or not.

Your post got me interested in body language. I found a good article here: http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

I have noted a little thing that bothered me from the onset: Diena kept saying (too much, IMO) how Somer "never met a stranger." Seemed to say it over and over.

She also said something to the effect that she did not raise her to be a child who ran off. The babysitter interviewed said it was a common occurrence.

"Megan Reese, 17, who has babysat Somer in the past said that she was head strong and contradicted the mother by saying that it was not anything new for Somer to run ahead of her siblings on the way home from school and that she would take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to make her way home; and that her mother had a list of phones numbers for her friends and would start calling the friends if she took too long to get home." http://www.aworldnews.com/missing-florida-child-somer-thompson-9841

Those things and the verbal stumble she made while being interviewed about who might have taken her daughter, and she replied, "It could be anyone, It could be my ..." then seemed to stop there are the only things I have noticed about Diena that I find a little odd.

But I believe all these things could be explained as well. I just don't know what the explanations are.

Just my

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2009, 06:55:52 AM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091030/ARTICLES/910301004/1002?Title=Around-the-Region-Oct-30
Around the Region - Oct. 30

Staff and wire reports

Published: Friday, October 30, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 9:52 p.m.
Man accused of making lewd comments located

Alachua County sheriff's deputies have located a man accused of making lewd comments to a 13-year-old girl as she was walking home from school earlier this week.

Officers had searched for the individual, increased some patrols and sent home fliers about the incident, which occurred Monday afternoon, said Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Steve Maynard.

The man, who is in his 50s and from Newberry, is not facing any charges, but officers wanted parents to know the person had been located.

"We have him on our radar," Maynard said.

The encounter was reported after a family friend read comments the girl made about the incident online and told the student's parents.

The incident occurred in the 19000 block of Southwest 46th Avenue in Archer.
A man in a white vehicle stuck his head out of the window and made derogatory sexual remarks to the girl, she said.

The incident comes soon after the apparent kidnapping and murder of 7-year-old Somer Thompson in Clay County.

Somer's death is a somber reminder that children and parents need to take precautions.

"Today's world can be dangerous," the flier stated. "Children should not go out alone or walk to school alone. They should always take a friend with them. If no friend is available in the area consider walking with them."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2009, 07:48:44 AM »

good work Monkeys...

*Monkey Hugs* Cookie...it's getting to me also. Too many sweet babies. One is too many. 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2009, 07:52:12 AM »

10/30/2009 12:01:00 AM    

DA: Suspect could be involved in girl's death

J.D. Sumner
Staff Writer

ALBANY - Dougherty County District Attorney Greg Edwards confirmed Thursday that Clay County, Fla., sheriff's investigators and the FBI have been made aware of the arrest of a man here who Edwards thinks could be linked to the death of a Florida girl, though the prosecutor says there is no evidence directly linking him to the girl.

Edwards said his office has forwarded information on Kenneth Kellam, who was arrested here Tuesday after following two elementary school boys home. Edwards said it's "geographically feasible" that Kellam could have a connection to the death of 7-year-old Somer Thompson in Florida.

"It's geographically feasible that he could have a connection to that case, and his M.O. is similar," Edwards said. "So we have passed the information along to the proper authorities in Florida, and the FBI has taken an interest."

Edwards was quick to say there is no direct link between Kellam and the Florida slaying, adding that local authorities have acted out of due diligence to notify authorities in Florida.

"We've been told they've received more than 1,500 tips in that case, and this may just be another one. But we have the obligation to report it," Edwards said.

FBI Special Agent Stephen Emmett refused to comment on what he said were the "day-to-day" operations of investigators and would not confirm whether the FBI had interviewed Kellam at the Dougherty County Jail.

Kellam was denied bond by Magistrate Victoria Darrisaw Thursday and was remanded to the custody of the Dougherty County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities in Charlton County in southeast Georgia confirmed last week that the remains of a young girl discovered in a landfill there were those of Somer Thompson, who police believe was abducted Oct. 19 while walking home from school.

Kellam was released from the Florida prison system in 2008 and was required to register as a sex offender.
http://albanyherald.com/Main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=8814

Heart
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2009, 07:53:47 AM »

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Somer's story has inspired one school to take action and make sure their students aren't alone after class.

Stonewall Jackson Elementary School on the Westside is starting a program called "Parent walk."

The idea is that moms and dads would go to assigned stations in the morning and afternoon and provide a familiar face for kids walking to and from school.

Those stations might be a street corner or the end of the driveway.

"I just picture this girl alone crying out for her parents," said Brown. He hopes to have the program running by next week.

Since this is related to a Duval County School, parents who participate have to get a background check.

Just saw this story. Awesome way for the community to work together for safety.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Somers-story-inspires-new-school-program/w-r0aRCc1UC2lsQqy7DzaA.cspx

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- Florida State College's Kent Campus quickly turned Wednesday's annual fall festival into something bigger.

It's now a fundraiser for a Somer Thompson memorial scholarship.

Somer's mom, Diena, is a student at the Kent Campus.

Students like Brett Margeson helped however they could.

"Especially since it's one of our own students that this happened to. If it happens to her it happens to all of us," said Margeson

The school hopes to work with Diena on the details of the scholarship, perhaps offering it to other single moms.

FSC also offered Somer's mom a scholarship for the rest of the semester and next semester.

Another positive story.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/story/College-starts-scholarship-in-Somers-memory/M88WoOrXtEyJluUX7pqQ_Q.cspx

peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »

Police Arrest Suspicious Man At School Bus Stop
Officers Say Man Caused 'Abduction Concerns' For Children

POSTED: Tuesday, October 27, 2009
UPDATED: 4:32 pm EDT October 27, 2009
PALATKA, Fla. -- Palatka police said a suspicious man near a school bus stop causing "abduction concerns" was arrested early Tuesday morning.

Police said 29-year-old Christian Haag was charged with one count of trespass in an occupied conveyance, two counts of burglary of a conveyance with battery and one count of criminal mischief.

Officers said they were called to South 13th and River streets in reference to a suspicious man near the school bus stop at that location.

Witnesses said the man was near some children waiting on the school bus. They told police he also reached in a vehicle at the bus stop and touched a woman and her child.

After arriving in the area, officers were told that the man was getting in a vehicle at a home on Hargrove Street. A caller said the man was getting in her car that was parked in the driveway.

One officer in the vicinity noticed the man at the car in question, stopped him and arrested him.

Police said witnesses told them Haag seemed suspicious when they first saw him wandering around the area near the bus stop.

They said a woman and her grandchild waiting in their car near the bus stop said Haag walked up to the driver's window and reached in, touching the woman's shoulder. Officers said she pushed his hand away and he went to the back window and reached in, grabbing the wrist of a 7-year-old girl sitting in the back seat.

Police said the grandmother rolled the window up, and the man then walked to the front of the vehicle and ripped the bug deflector off. Officers said as the grandmother tried to drive away, the man walked away from the vehicle.

Palatka police said Haag then went to a nearby house and wandered in and out of the back yard. The resident there called police and assisted in tracking the man.

Officers said Haag walked across the street and got into a vehicle parked in the driveway of a home on Hargrove Street. An 8-year-old boy was in the vehicle waiting for his mother to drive him to school. Police said the boy jumped out of the car and told his parents.

They said the boy's parents came out of the house and were confronting Haag when the officer who arrested him arrived.

Investigators said Haag has lived in the area for about a month since he moved from south Florida.

Police said it is still unclear whether Haag was trying to abduct anyone. The reason for his behavior has yet to be determined.

Haag was booked into the Putnam County Jail, and his bond was set at $4,016.

Copyright 2009 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The article doesn't mention a possible link to Somer but I wonder.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21441344/detail.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2009, 08:52:13 AM »

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Somer's story has inspired one school to take action and make sure their students aren't alone after class.

Stonewall Jackson Elementary School on the Westside is starting a program called "Parent walk."

The idea is that moms and dads would go to assigned stations in the morning and afternoon and provide a familiar face for kids walking to and from school.

Those stations might be a street corner or the end of the driveway.

"I just picture this girl alone crying out for her parents," said Brown. He hopes to have the program running by next week.

Since this is related to a Duval County School, parents who participate have to get a background check.

Just saw this story. Awesome way for the community to work together for safety.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Somers-story-inspires-new-school-program/w-r0aRCc1UC2lsQqy7DzaA.cspx

this would be great! there are probably enough moms/dads/grand parents/wanna be grandparents /retired folks etc. who are home during those hours who could look out for these kids walking to and from school everyday in every neighborhood..
some parents in neighborhoods must car pool...maybe now they will include some of the kids whose parents are working and can't be with their kids during their walk to and from school...I still say that children should not have to walk a mile to get to school...I see young kids all the time walking along the side of the road to their homes, even after getting off the bus and I think how vulnerable they are....

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:32 AM »

could be she works between offices, say when a coworker is ill/off

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.