April 26, 2024, 03:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726818 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: November 19, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »

I am with you Brandi.
I like the impatient child angel avatar you have.. seems appropriate to cases such as this one.

Thank you, Edward.

I like that you "get" my avatar Wink

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1021 on: November 19, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »

I am shocked beyond shocked this case has not seen an arrest. It makes me wonder if there was DNA evidence on Somer or if there was that it didn't match anyone already in the system.

could it be that what ever DNA evidence, there was was contaminated, by the rest
of the trash in the truck

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1022 on: November 19, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »

I believe they have DNA but it just has NOT been matched up with anyone in the system.

Look at the freak in IL who was convicted of rape but his DNA was not in the system because of the time frame etc.

There is some sicko sending sexual letters to young girls. They have his DNA but nobody in the system to match it to.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1023 on: November 19, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell on HLN...discussion about recent news in Somer's coming up.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1024 on: November 19, 2009, 07:21:18 PM »

Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell on HLN...discussion about recent news in Somer's case coming up.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1025 on: November 19, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »

I am shocked beyond shocked this case has not seen an arrest. It makes me wonder if there was DNA evidence on Somer or if there was that it didn't match anyone already in the system.

could it be that what ever DNA evidence, there was was contaminated, by the rest
of the trash in the truck[/color]

Don't get too concerned.  DNA can't prove murder here.  It can only prove opportunity UNLESS there's a murder weapon with matching DNA to the killer and Somer. (you sometimes see that where both the killer's and the victim's DNA appears on a knife blade or some other weapon).  In other words, say DNA was found on this Little Angel's body.  And say the source of that DNA is a human hair.  And say there's a DNA match with John Smith (a fictitious person).  Well, that shows that John Smith had the opportunity to be near Somer prior to her demise.  It doesn't say that John Smith killed her.  Depending on the location and type of hair, it may not even show that John Smith assaulted her.  Now, assume the source of the DNA is semen, and the DNA links to John Smith (again, a fictitious person). Well, that shows that John Smith sexually assaulted her, not that he killed her.  So the link between the DNA (which identifies a person) and the MURDER (the crime) must be made.  That can be a difficult, time consuming process.  And the prize here is a murder conviction, which is where the focus should be. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1026 on: November 19, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »

From Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell

Somer's mom's lawyer stated:

A suspect in the murder of Somer is being watched.  They are waiting for the results of some items tested to act.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1027 on: November 19, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »

A suspect in the murder of Somer is being watched.  They are waiting for the results of some items tested to act.

Well, that is the most promising thing we have heard in awhile!!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1028 on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

I agree. I'm shocked that wasn't sent to the members of Remembering Somer Dot Com.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1029 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »

Sorry I just messed up that message and quoting you AZ

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1030 on: November 20, 2009, 12:00:54 AM »

I agree. I'm shocked that wasn't sent to the members of Remembering Somer Dot Com.
I have never heard of that site before. I just went there and you can't view or read much without signing up, but I did find some pictures of Somer I had never seen.

Here's one (I cropped Sam out):

I sure hope we see some movement in this case soon.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1031 on: November 20, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »

of the trash in the truck[/color]

Don't get too concerned.  DNA can't prove murder here.  It can only prove opportunity UNLESS there's a murder weapon with matching DNA to the killer and Somer. (you sometimes see that where both the killer's and the victim's DNA appears on a knife blade or some other weapon).  In other words, say DNA was found on this Little Angel's body.  And say the source of that DNA is a human hair.  And say there's a DNA match with John Smith (a fictitious person).  Well, that shows that John Smith had the opportunity to be near Somer prior to her demise.  It doesn't say that John Smith killed her.  Depending on the location and type of hair, it may not even show that John Smith assaulted her.  Now, assume the source of the DNA is semen, and the DNA links to John Smith (again, a fictitious person). Well, that shows that John Smith sexually assaulted her, not that he killed her.  So the link between the DNA (which identifies a person) and the MURDER (the crime) must be made.  That can be a difficult, time consuming process.  And the prize here is a murder conviction, which is where the focus should be. 

YOu are absolutely right Jess, thank you for reminding me of this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: November 20, 2009, 12:58:33 AM »

Thank god! I hope they arrest this person and throw his/her monsterous butt in prison!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1033 on: November 20, 2009, 01:00:26 AM »

I have never heard of that site before. I just went there and you can't view or read much without signing up, but I did find some pictures of Somer I had never seen.

Look how full of life and spirit she was in that pic! So very tragic this child is no longer here with us.
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1034 on: November 20, 2009, 03:30:23 AM »

Brandi I signed up for rememberingsomer.com to show support and after i signed up I received an email from the spokeswoman who is with CART (the woman we have seen on the news when giving updates) saying any and all updates in the investigation. The members would get a notice via email.

Thats why I was a little shocked to hear the news tonight on JVM and no email from the site about this information.

I hope they do have the dirtbag under watch as stated by the mothers attorney.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1035 on: November 20, 2009, 04:04:31 AM »

Brandi I signed up for rememberingsomer.com to show support and after i signed up I received an email from the spokeswoman who is with CART (the woman we have seen on the news when giving updates) saying any and all updates in the investigation. The members would get a notice via email.

Thats why I was a little shocked to hear the news tonight on JVM and no email from the site about this information.

I hope they do have the dirtbag under watch as stated by the mothers attorney.

I see, FindingAnswers.

Are you talking about Clay County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Mary Justino?

I am not sure what "CART" stands for, but I see the Clay County Sheriff's office email is cart@xxxxx

Maybe the lawyer is talking out of school, as it were.

However, I also hope there is a POI they are watching and waiting to arrest.

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1036 on: November 20, 2009, 04:31:43 AM »

Yes that is her Brandi. That is the person i was speaking of.

I do hope that they have a POI in this case and they are watching him.

I would hate to see this monster hurt another child.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: November 20, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=148415&catid=3
Somer Thompson's Neighborhood Still Reeling from her Death
 Ann Butler     Created: 11/19/2009 6:29:49 PM    Updated: 11/19/2009 11:55:02 PM

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It has been one month since Somer Thompson was abducted and murdered, and those who live in her neighborhood say things are much different now.

Rodney Crawford, a parent of two young children, said he will not let them walk to or from school alone anymore. "I've told them don't talk to strangers. You are not to leave school unless I'm there or your mom is there."

Seven-year-old Somer disappeared Oct. 19 while walking home from Grove Park Elementary School in Orange Park. After a tremendous community response and search, her body was found two days later by police at a Georgia landfill.

One month later, a memorial still sits across from Somer's home. There are candles and notes left by friends and strangers.

Those who live near Somer's family say their neighborhood has changed forever and they don't feel safe anymore. Groups in the community are planning to come together and organize a child safety event for sometime after the holidays. Details are still being planned.

Investigators have received 4,200 leads in the Somer Thompson case and are working to follow up on all workable tips.

Detectives said they are waiting on lab results, hoping that some of the evidence will lead in the right direction.
Waiting on lab results is part of this process," said Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler on Wednesday. "The results can take weeks to return and cannot be rushed or hurried..."

There is now a website to remember to Somer and to raise money for her family. Rememberingsomer.com is filled with pictures from her life and messages from those who love her.

If you know anything about this case, you can call the designated tip line is 1-877-227-6911.

More about the Somer Thompson case.

Join discusssions about Somer Thompson on Moms Like Me.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1038 on: November 20, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »

Look how full of life and spirit she was in that pic! So very tragic this child is no longer here with us.
Thanks Brandi, thats the best pic I have seen of Somer..the  banner pic looks to be a younger Somer...she had beautiful eyes that just shine

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1039 on: November 20, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »

Brandi and mymonkey. I agree completely. What a beautiful little girl.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.