April 26, 2024, 08:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 726842 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »

Madmom and Wyks, I see exactly what you are both talking about with the mom. I have a feeling that mom is maybe suspicious of someone, maybe a neighbor, or relative, who knows. Maybe she has been thinking about past things that happened, and at the time, seemed odd, but didn't dwell on it. Now perhaps she is dwelling on them and may feel she has an idea of who may have done this, imo.
twocents
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:46 AM »

Dr. Imray and Gesek split their time between the two offices. I had my wisdom teeth pulled out by Dr Gesek (wonderful man) and my appointment was for the Kingsley address as it is closer to my home.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »

Hi Wyks! Good to see you!

Just wanted to add one thing about eye movements:

A typical left-handed person would have the opposite meanings for their eye-directions.

Not sure if Diena is left-handed or not.

Your post got me interested in body language. I found a good article here: http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

I have noted a little thing that bothered me from the onset: Diena kept saying (too much, IMO) how Somer "never met a stranger." Seemed to say it over and over.

She also said something to the effect that she did not raise her to be a child who ran off. The babysitter interviewed said it was a common occurrence.

"Megan Reese, 17, who has babysat Somer in the past said that she was head strong and contradicted the mother by saying that it was not anything new for Somer to run ahead of her siblings on the way home from school and that she would take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to make her way home; and that her mother had a list of phones numbers for her friends and would start calling the friends if she took too long to get home." http://www.aworldnews.com/missing-florida-child-somer-thompson-9841

Those things and the verbal stumble she made while being interviewed about who might have taken her daughter, and she replied, "It could be anyone, It could be my ..." then seemed to stop there are the only things I have noticed about Diena that I find a little odd.

But I believe all these things could be explained as well. I just don't know what the explanations are.

Just my

Hi Brandi, good to see ya too! 

That's a good point you made about if someone is left-handed, and thanks for that link.  What our eyes are doing while we speak is an area of interest to me.  It's easier to do that with a video with the sound off, so there's no distraction.  But again, in person is best, due to getting the full picture.  The person speaking may have a family member/friend standing nearby off camera, which we wouldn't know, and could be looking briefly at that person.  Plus, it helps to know how the person typically reacts while speaking about things in general.  Someone who is right-handed, who continually looks off to the right while speaking, is very likely lying their little butts off.  (such as Misty, for example)  Heh.  Not so sure with Somer's mom.  Need to see more of her talking and such. 

Yes, these same things that you have mentioned have bothered me as well.  Yet, as you say, there could be some explanation, I'd just like to hear what that might be.  They have been the only red flags on her, from the start.  IMO.  The guy that she supposedly met for lunch and supposedly asked to stay for after school care, am curious to know why that particular day.  Or, was this something that had been done before.   It doesn't sound like she had reg. after school care, perhaps relying on the older sibs for that, I dunno.  However, despite my questions, the mom gets a shaky pass from me so far, as she does seem to be more believeable than not.   Certainly nowhere near the questionable stuff that we've seen from some caregivers in other cases.   IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Moreplease
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »

Samuel Thompson, father of Somer Thompson stated on NG that LE had informed him that there was some soot on Somer's body.
i love sleuthing with you guys but honestly in this case i don't want to hear what le said to a family member and expected that family member to keep it from the public... i do not want any leeks from the media f'ing this one up... but if le didn't tell us about the soot then we (the public) probably weren't supposed to know that...
for some reason i have a feeling that this guy is watching the case closely and if he is smart he would be checking the blogs and most likely this very forum i hope that wasn't a headstart for him to bolt...
while i'm at it
KLAAS \ the other day with the joshua hollars post/ban you mentioned recently approving a lot of new members were there any other recent member requests that have yet to post here? and from your ads in the right column i can tell that this is a site where page views are tracked or else what do you present for stats to your potential advertisers... anyways are there any new members local to that area that visit this thread but have not posted? just curious and no i don't expect you to out the posters but if there are/were any you might want to weigh them out on your hinky meter... if le is right and he is following the case this is one of the top missing persons websites... you might have a tip to call in... just saying

Just a point I'd like to make. One does not have to be a member to read here.

And if the person responsible for Somer's death were watching closely and reading here, I sincerely doubt that he/she/they would register.

JMO.

Brandi--
I agree with you 100%. Also, if a person were to have the nerve to register, they may in fact post, just for "fun." Point being, I don't think we could predict/control that. Also, I'd like to point out that today the site said I had been signed on for "5 hours" when I had just gotten home from work. So I must have forgotten to log out? Not sure, but I don't think time logged on is a good indication of anything. (except airheaded-ness perhaps!) Man, I am tired, LOL 

Hi everyone. This looked like a good place for a first post. I am so sad about Somer and other children. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm not involved like one poster who asked about "new" people. You are all soooooo smart here and I hope that your sleuthing rubs off on me!
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

Madmom and Wyks, I see exactly what you are both talking about with the mom. I have a feeling that mom is maybe suspicious of someone, maybe a neighbor, or relative, who knows. Maybe she has been thinking about past things that happened, and at the time, seemed odd, but didn't dwell on it. Now perhaps she is dwelling on them and may feel she has an idea of who may have done this, imo.

Yeppers, sure could be! 

When the mom said, "It could be anyone, It could be my..."  any of those that you've mentioned could fit there and make sense.  I wish she would have finished her thinking out loud.  LOL 

Am thinking that many folks have done this, with one thing or another, maybe not fully suspicious of someone until something major happens that makes them think back hmmmmm, and begin to connect the dots.  I do hope whoever it was she was thinking about at that moment, she has shared that, continued that thought in private with LE. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »

Hi everyone. This looked like a good place for a first post. I am so sad about Somer and other children. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm not involved like one poster who asked about "new" people. You are all soooooo smart here and I hope that your sleuthing rubs off on me!

Hi Moreplease, and welcome! 

It very likely will rub off on you, just stick around and jump in whenever you can!  Sleuthing can become very addicting!  LOL  The more we dig around in what's available to the public, the more we find.  And it becomes easier with practice too.  For the good majority of us, we have different ways of sleuthing, certain sites that we each like to head to first when beginning to research a case. 

There's tonssssssss of different areas we can sleuth around in, and the beauty of it is that we each have some interest in some area, and can do whatever we each do best. 

For example, there are some monkeys who can pull up public court reports in a heartbeat, while I'm still sitting there scratching my head wondering 'how did they do that?'.  lol  Other monkeys are a whiz at doing maps and charts, others who we can count on to bring us the latest news updates, still other monkeys who are the cheerleaders and readers/thinkers who help pull it all together.   

Personally, I am a thinker, as well as being one of the resident brats.  hehe.  We need humor from time to time, or we'd all go friggin nuts!  Glad to have ya aboard! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2009, 10:33:20 AM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »

O/T

Does anyone know where to get butterflies to release at a funeral/memorial?  TIA.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2009, 10:41:20 AM »

O/T

Does anyone know where to get butterflies to release at a funeral/memorial?  TIA.

I'm sorry I wish that I could help. And I'm very sorry if you have had a loss in your family  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:31 AM »

O/T

http://www.butterflyreleasecompany.com/?gclid=CLbEsIWC5Z0CFQyenAodJAmqPQ   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO

Agreed Rosie!  Feels like a slap in the face to Somer's father.  Whatever his past, the obit was no place to pull that BS.  IMO too.  Seems to me that if for no other reason than he helped bring Somer into the world, he at least deserved recognition for that.  And yeah, it's none of our business anyway, yet we can give our opinions of what happens in these cases.   

It saddens me when I look around at those I know who pass away and see the infighting that often goes on in the families.  Makes me want to run right out and preplan my own funeral down to the nth degree, and then in my will... leave everything to my doxie, with the 'Dog Whisperer', Cesar Millan, as his caregiver.  heh.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »

Welcome to all new monkeys.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2009, 10:52:34 AM »

Hi everyone. Checking in to see if anything new has come up.

Here is a link for the butterflies you can order and they have last minute rush orders as well.
http://www.butterflyreleasecompany.com/

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »

Agreed Rosie!  Feels like a slap in the face to Somer's father.  Whatever his past, the obit was no place to pull that BS.  IMO too.  Seems to me that if for no other reason than he helped bring Somer into the world, he at least deserved recognition for that.  And yeah, it's none of our business anyway, yet we can give our opinions of what happens in these cases.   

It saddens me when I look around at those I know who pass away and see the infighting that often goes on in the families.  Makes me want to run right out and preplan my own funeral down to the nth degree, and then in my will... leave everything to my doxie, with the 'Dog Whisperer', Cesar Millan, as his caregiver.  heh.

I totally agree, and I have seen enough of this kind of infighting when someone passes, to last me a lifetime    A big slap in the face, and especially to the other two children he fathered.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2009, 10:53:10 AM »

O/T

I'm sorry I wish that I could help. And I'm very sorry if you have had a loss in your family  an angelic monkey

Awww thanks, Rosie.  Not in my family, but close.  Am helping my best friend out in Cali work out details for her loved one's funeral. 

FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2009, 10:55:03 AM »

O/T

I'm sorry. I did not see this your post before I made my post.

Sorry for posting something duplicate.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »

Trimm and FindingAnswers - thank you both SO much for the links!!  Very helpful!   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »

O/T

Awww thanks, Rosie.  Not in my family, but close.  Am helping my best friend out in Cali work out details for her loved one's funeral. 

My thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2009, 11:03:37 AM »

You are welcome wyks.

I don't want anyone to think I am a nut job. lol I wanted to ask a question that may make me seem like one tho.

Does anyone here believe in psychics?

I believe some people have gifts and some are fraudsters. I just wanted your alls opinions.Do you think one could help in this case to find the killer? I know some LE use them at times.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

O/T

I'm sorry. I did not see this your post before I made my post.

Sorry for posting something duplicate.

We were right there together.     Welcome to the cage.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.